AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 18:38   Link #381
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
So by episode 3 I can say with finality that they have slowed the pace down. At least, the beginning felt like an episode from the first series. Pace only picked up a little awkwardly once Shippou's exam started. I don't think they handled the part with that tanuki-demon-who-likes-to-be-a-girl well pacing wise (one second she's on Shippou's ball form, next second they're behind a random tree?) But even that part eventually slowed down until the end.

And the MirSan moments were adorable <3.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:17   Link #382
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Inuyasha - Final Act Ep 3, opinion + screen caps:

Spoiler for Inuyasha - Final Act Ep 3:
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:04   Link #383
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@CuXe: My love for Sango grew to a new level after I saw that, XD.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 02:00   Link #384
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
@CuXe: My love for Sango grew to a new level after I saw that, XD.
u and me both
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 11:39   Link #385
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
u and me both
Me as well, perfect delivery on that scene.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 12:31   Link #386
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah, me too.

Haha.

<3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 18:16   Link #387
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Haha , hilarious episode . That was nice .
The fox part lol
Ow , Tetsuga (don't remember) can't bring you in the next world now .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 18:29   Link #388
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

After watching episode two, there are no longer doubts in my mind that Sunrise means it to finish at adapting the rest of the manga in 26 anime episodes.

As much as it hurts me a little bit knowing that InuYasha is going to end within a six-month time period from now, nevertheless, I praised Sunrise for one thing and one thing only: to me they are improving the rhythm of the pacing at how the events are following.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2009-10-18 at 18:48. Reason: Xagzan made me see my mistake
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 18:39   Link #389
Xagzan

It's gonna be in 26 episodes, not under 26.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 05:29   Link #390
silverwolf0

I wonder what special magic Sunrise uses to make Inuyasha. The animation is always so consistently good, for all the 167 eps I remember seeing and now they've sped up the pace x10 while also improving the animation as well. They either have a very talented studio or had poured tons of money on the old episodes and are pouring even more on the new ones with the extreme pacing. Then I see the usual shounen-esque anime nowadays, both old and new, like Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tales, One Piece, etc., and I shudder. A long series shouldn't make for a giant dip in quality. Sadly Inuyasha is more like the only pretty duckling out of the lot.
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 05:51   Link #391
blewin

I love episode 3. It's back to the good Inuyasha fun! Thought the anime might only run for 26 episodes, still, it isn't Inuyasha without these fun moments. Go Shippo!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 20:09   Link #392
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf0 View Post
I wonder what special magic Sunrise uses to make Inuyasha. The animation is always so consistently good, for all the 167 eps I remember seeing and now they've sped up the pace x10 while also improving the animation as well. They either have a very talented studio or had poured tons of money on the old episodes and are pouring even more on the new ones with the extreme pacing. Then I see the usual shounen-esque anime nowadays, both old and new, like Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tales, One Piece, etc., and I shudder. A long series shouldn't make for a giant dip in quality. Sadly Inuyasha is more like the only pretty duckling out of the lot.
The magic is in a seemingly inexhaustable amount of funding and connections in just about every area of the industry. They can consistently afford to hire the best musical composers, animators and voice actors and to more or less snap their fingers and have them all show up again to do a sequel series 5 years after everyone went their seperate ways. The only thing they really have to resign themselves to making do with are some of the restrictions that Bandai puts on them along with the sponsors.

I've actually been watching Keroro Gunsou again, which is by them and still can't help but notice that the quality of the show has remained consistant throughout without even a hint of a drop in the animation style and wham bam delivery of the skits. This is on like episode 64 which looks just as good as episode one or another other show in the series.

That said don't ask me to ever try and explain Kurokami. Even I'm at a loss for what the heck happened with that one on every level of the production.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 22:30   Link #393
TheWin

I'm really exicted for this. But by the context, I'm guessing it already came out? Exciting!! I'm going to watch it, Inuyasha was one of my first anime, I watched it before I knew what anime was, so it's special to me.
TheWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 00:41   Link #394
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Cuz the author is a ***** when it comes to conclusions.
Maison Ikkoku

That's all I can say. I mean I can't really claim Ranma or Inuyasha endings don't have weaknesses, but Maison Ikkoku is probably the single best ending I have ever seen.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 15:13   Link #395
Alchemist007
*Author

This ep was fun. Ass strokes + tomfoolery. Also underworld = random part of space = lol.
Old 2009-10-20, 15:31   Link #396
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well episode 3 was nice. Definitely found the whole Sango moment pretty entertaining. Never thought I'd see her using Miroku's own habit like that .

Tenseiga lucks out as well in gaining a pretty handy attacking power. Pretty instant kill but not like Sesshomaru is a huge fan of dragging things out. Is just like the guy to instantly be able to use a new technique like that.
Old 2009-10-20, 16:25   Link #397
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The last I recall Tenseiga was only capable of bringing things back to life or something and was useless as a weapon. Shows how far I got in the original series eh?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 17:32   Link #398
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The last I recall Tenseiga was only capable of bringing things back to life or something and was useless as a weapon. Shows how far I got in the original series eh?
Well, that just changed this episode, so it really doesn't show anything.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 02:12   Link #399
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

just finished the first episode...it kinda felt like I got punched in the face with a couple reminders from the show (Miroku shouldn't use his damn wind tunnel when those bees are present and InuYasha should learn to use the correct attack the first time), but overall I liked it.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 07:27   Link #400
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Ah, good old Shippo antics. Good old times.

I'm surprised that with all the powerleveling and shonen/shoujo-archetypes still present, I'm enjoying this season a lot. Not only nostalgic, but the comedic timing is as good as ever. And Sesshoumaru is still the good old Byakuya prototype.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen