AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 28 Rating
Perfect 10 25 32.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 38.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 19.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 22:29   Link #41
Clarste
Human

I have nothing against Greed's voice, but I do think it's kind of weird that his voice changed at all. I always felt that there was supposed to be some doubt as to who was talking at any given moment, and having an obviously different voice removes that.
Old 2009-10-20, 03:46   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
+100 points for May Chang's reaction when she found out who Ed really is.
Yeah it truly is a brilliant scene. Goes to show how much Hiromu Arakawa loves humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I have nothing against Greed's voice, but I do think it's kind of weird that his voice changed at all. I always felt that there was supposed to be some doubt as to who was talking at any given moment, and having an obviously different voice removes that.
It's more like Greed has taken over his body, so if Lin was able to break free and start speaking, he'd have his own voice.
Old 2009-10-20, 05:48   Link #43
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Great episode, full of action.. and all I could think about after Ling became Greed was how funny it would be if Father created a new Lust instead .
Old 2009-10-20, 16:07   Link #44
orangejuicetang

Actually, I just realized. They had Greed voice come out of Ling's body in order to show who's in control. In the manga they showed who was currently in control of the body by
Spoiler for not really a spoiler, but oh well:
, but I guess that might be a bit more difficult to animate/notice in an animated version of said scene.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-10-20, 23:33   Link #45
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Great episode, full of action.. and all I could think about after Ling became Greed was how funny it would be if Father created a new Lust instead .
Spoiler for FMA, Ep. 28:
Old 2009-10-20, 23:43   Link #46
Jays

A little tongue and cheek from the studio having those two share the same body, considering who they both voiced in Gundam 00

Not manga reader, Nakamura is too good of a seiyu to just be used sparingly for a few episodes. While I love the guy, my personal preference has always been Suwabe and his ruthless lunacy combined with unquenchable greed.

Pleasantly surprised at the turn of events, yet perhaps they could have made his intro a bit more "BANZAI!".
Old 2009-10-21, 16:01   Link #47
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
A little tongue and cheek from the studio having those two share the same body, considering who they both voiced in Gundam 00
So could we say that Graham finally conquered Gundam?
Old 2009-10-21, 17:40   Link #48
Kirarakim

Overall I thought this was a pretty decent episode. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 10 was they completely rushed through one of my favorite scenes in the manga: The Ed & Al reunion. Which in the manga I found very touching. Here it was more like lets get it over with.

The rest of the episode was very good, with the highlight being Mei finding out that her dream guy was Ed. I also liked the scenes with Al rescuing Mei.

I know people thought Ling's transformation needed more fanfare but in this case I think they did the right thing by making it more subtle. It's more of a surprise that way for non-manga readers (of course this would be the case if they hadn't already spoiled something was up with Ling in the opening.). As for the voice change I will miss Miyano Mamoru, but it's nice that Greed's old seiyuu will have more work (since he didn't really have much screen time before).

Finally I always loved Father's comparison of humans to insects. I think it displays his personality quite well.
Old 2009-10-22, 00:58   Link #49
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Overall quite a good episode.
Old 2009-10-22, 06:00   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
So could we say that Graham finally conquered Gundam?
Yes. That is hands down the best way of looking at it.
Old 2009-10-22, 11:34   Link #51
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Actually, I just realized. They had Greed voice come out of Ling's body in order to show who's in control. In the manga they showed who was currently in control of the body by
Spoiler for not really a spoiler, but oh well:
, but I guess that might be a bit more difficult to animate/notice in an animated version of said scene.
Huh I never noticed that, I think I kept the two of them straight by noticing which font the translators used, much less subtle.
This episode reminded me of just how badass EVERYONE in this series is. Even May charges in, throws a few knives, and then BOOM giant rock hand. And it is interesting to see a story where all the characters are so powerful, usually you have the one or two guys who are just way above the rest and everyone else can barely take care of themselves, I prefer FMA's version of this so much better.
Old 2009-10-22, 12:43   Link #52
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And it is interesting to see a story where all the characters are so powerful, usually you have the one or two guys who are just way above the rest and everyone else can barely take care of themselves, I prefer FMA's version of this so much better.
One of the many things I love about FMA is that it's not only Ed who gets to save the day.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:51   Link #53
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

It's just weird to have Setsuna and Graham in the same body XD

Ed looks bigger in the preview so I guess he is finally hitting a growth spur after being a midget for all this time.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:26   Link #54
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
great episode, i enjoyed it a lot. i couldn't remember everything from the manga so i didn't notice if they left anything out though.
Old 2009-10-23, 11:09   Link #55
Kanish

Another fantastic episode.

But can someone explain to me how it is that Ling lost control over his body to Greed while the same didn't seem to have happened to Bradley.
Old 2009-10-23, 11:25   Link #56
davie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanish View Post

But can someone explain to me how it is that Ling lost control over his body to Greed while the same didn't seem to have happened to Bradley.
Spoiler for bradley (manga?):
Old 2009-10-23, 11:39   Link #57
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie View Post
Spoiler for bradley (manga?):
Yep, they covered all that in ep 26, so you're fine.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:53   Link #58
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanish View Post

I think it's because Bradley fought Wrath (and lost) while Ling just told Greed to take his body. Greed was ready to take over the body, but was unprepared for someone to just give it up.
Old 2009-10-23, 14:56   Link #59
Ziziphus
Whatever

It's a good episode. Animation was excellent as always, all the fight scenes were nicely done. And maybe I'm one of the few people who think that this episode was well paced and wasn't rushed at all. But for some reason I just couldn't enjoy it as much as I should. I don't know what it is exactly though.

And looking forward to next episode as always! (It may cover 2 chapters which are dialogue heavy, so better to prepare myself for some cuts, I think)
Old 2009-10-23, 16:58   Link #60
GaimeGuy

It's not that Bradley fought Wrath and lost. it's that there literally is only one soul left in Bradley, which he mentioned. In other words, he died so many times during the injection process that the stone's regnerative abilities were used up, and only one soul remained. I personally think it's bradley's original soul, considering he remembers things from before the injection process, and the whole mind linking the body and soul idea.
Closed Thread