kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

happy is awesome, thats all
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 03:00   Link #382
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
do you see bleach naruto or one piece? the studios adapt EVERY scene from the manga and fairy tail is a shounen like them.
True at least for One Piece that is. One Piece is a pretty damn good adaptation and they get the emotional scenes right.

Anyways you can tell the budget for Fairy Tail isn't as high as One Piece. Shame since I think A-1 Pictures can do better.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 03:14   Link #383
Clarste
Human

If you want to be fair, you should compare it the beginning of One Piece rather than the most recent stuff. One Piece became popular, rather than starting like that. Iirc, One Piece actually started out slightly different from the manga in a lot of little ways, although mostly I remember added scenes rather than removed scenes.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 04:03   Link #384
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I think we should stop comparing . It becomes nonsense .
You complained about the animation ect ... what you say won't reach the studio so they'll keep with that .
Anyway just talk about the anime .

Episode 2 .

Lucy's summon are idiots lol wonder where she gathered them .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 05:35   Link #385
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
If you want to be fair, you should compare it the beginning of One Piece rather than the most recent stuff. One Piece became popular, rather than starting like that. Iirc, One Piece actually started out slightly different from the manga in a lot of little ways, although mostly I remember added scenes rather than removed scenes.
I just started watching One Piece 3 days ago, and IMO the first 2 eps of OP did way better in pacing/animation/expressions than what we have of FT so far.

Then again, FT has a weaker start as far as plot goes, so that didn't help, either.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 12:21   Link #386
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
In the beggining was exactly the same they RESPECT EVERY SINGLE IMAGE FROM THE MANGA. Of course now they add a lot of scenes because they are close to the manga instead of putting horrible fillers like naruto or bleach in one piece they streched the episodes but at the beggining the adaptation was PERFECT.
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 12:41   Link #387
Kadrias

....And once again, people keep talking about One Piece. o_O
The hell. Could you guys just drop it already? ._.;;
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 12:46   Link #388
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
Exactly.

At the end of the day this is not One Piece, so i don't see why people have to keep comparing Fairy Tail to it in terms of adapting the source material. It get's you no where at all.
Old 2009-10-21, 19:46   Link #389
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I concur with the general view that this is fun, and agreeably zany. It has a nice off-center, slightly dangerous tone to the humor that give the show a little extra. I don't really care whether they adapt the manga word for word or even scene for scene - I'm enjoying the product on the screen.

I'm actually kind of digging Kugimiya Rie as Happy. I've had to get past my visceral loathing for her tsundere roles, all of which I despise, but I've come to accept that she's quite versatile in her way. These animal familiar roles are a minefield for seiyuu, but I think she's found the right note here.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 20:24   Link #390
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
.... You can't really help that. I mean, they have many similarities so people can't help but compare them. I started reading Fairy Tail manga a while ago for the sole reason that it's art was similar to One Piece, aha. In any case, I'm sure it's been said before, but the thing that bothers me most about the anime is the way they animate magic with those... symbol.... things. Especially when the plot gets moving and we get to the larger-scale magical battles, it's really going to drag on if each attack is preceded by said... symbol... things. I hope they drop it in a bit. In other areas, I've finally gotten accustomed to this selection of seiyuu, and it's good once you get used to it. Kugimiya Rie is indeed doing a good job with Happy. About the last episode, the scene with Lucy and her clock Celestial Spirit was very well-played out; one thing that Fairy Tail really excels in is its comedy, imho, and it's good to see the anime is keeping up with that... so far. I must admit I have low expectations for the anime adaption because this does seem to be another low-budget shounen series that makes compromises in the adaption, but if it keeps a decent faithfulness to the manga then I'll keep watching it, probably.
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 22:40   Link #391
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Could've sworn i saw ichigo on this episode.....

by the way im joking and yes im referring to Loki, I see alot of people tend not to understand and immediately kill the fun in the joke....
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 00:09   Link #392
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

........the adaptation is good but still i would feel alot better if it were closely adapted to the manga but hey im just a fan i watch em comment on it and still watch it

anyway is it me or the anime made natsu look more stupid and

whats up whith those magic circle thingy its kinda annoying
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 00:15   Link #393
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Must be the hair^^
Quote:
the thing that bothers me most about the anime is the way they animate magic with those... symbol.... things. Especially when the plot gets moving and we get to the larger-scale magical battles, it's really going to drag on if each attack is preceded by said... symbol... things.
I found it a lot more natural in ep2 than in the first one, era council exempted. I actually liked Natsu's coming from below his feet than in front of his mouth, maybe they'll make it better later on.
As for the comparison with other anime, give this one a break and let it roll for a season before comparing...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:14   Link #394
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I concur with the general view that this is fun, and agreeably zany. It has a nice off-center, slightly dangerous tone to the humor that give the show a little extra. I don't really care whether they adapt the manga word for word or even scene for scene - I'm enjoying the product on the screen.

I'm actually kind of digging Kugimiya Rie as Happy. I've had to get past my visceral loathing for her tsundere roles, all of which I despise, but I've come to accept that she's quite versatile in her way. These animal familiar roles are a minefield for seiyuu, but I think she's found the right note here.
This is pretty much how I feel about the anime so far, is a pretty fun watch.

I too am digging Kugimiya as Happy, altho when I first read she was playing the part I was little iffy but now am totally loving her playing the role AYE

The fight at fairy tail was pretty good, they got alot of the characters in.
Hearing Daisuke Kishio playing a role thats pretty much the polar opposite of another role *coughTsukunecough* is pretty funny
HAve to admit I really liking all the VA s here, very nice to listen to

now the wait for a certain someone to appear is on!!!
Old 2009-10-22, 01:45   Link #395
blewin

Two episodes into Fairy Tail, and I'm already loving Natsu's voice! It's deep but light in a way that brings out the lighthearted and boyish side of Natsu. It's a voice that you can't really place it into a single category. It's wonderful when you listen to it, but when you're not listening, it's hard to recall what Natsu sounds like... that's the kind of feeling I got.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 09:15   Link #396
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Two episodes into Fairy Tail, and I'm already loving Natsu's voice! It's deep but light in a way that brings out the lighthearted and boyish side of Natsu. It's a voice that you can't really place it into a single category. It's wonderful when you listen to it, but when you're not listening, it's hard to recall what Natsu sounds like... that's the kind of feeling I got.
Sorry to repeat, but Tetsuya Kakihara is consistently great - very underrated. He finds interesting places to take seemingly cliche' characters.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 09:17   Link #397
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

He's a great voice actor, don't get me wrong though still i don't think he was the right choice for Natsu. Just can't get used to it..
Old 2009-10-22, 09:47   Link #398
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He fits the bodyguard/bully type perfectly, but because people were expecting the adventurer/energetic brawler type, they get thrown off by it...I'm used to it by now, at least it should save the excessive screaming during fights.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 10:46   Link #399
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I watch episode 2, it was OK. But like it was said before, face's adaptation are weak in comparaison with the manga. Too bad the studio doesn't succeed in adapting this point like it was with One Piece ("powerful" emotion). So I agree with you about that bigemperor (but I don't like Fairy Tail and One Piece )

I don't have high expectations about Fairy Tail so I can enjoy the show. The music is cool by the way.

Oh and I don't like Happy, he's a bit annoying with his "aye!".
Old 2009-10-22, 10:47   Link #400
p-kun

I'm warming up to Natsu's voice, but he still sounds too smart. Half an octave lower and it would sound like the Gray I had in my mind when I read the manga. Gray's voice is too low, but it doesn't disturb me as much as I thought.

Loki sounds very different than the Loki in my mind when I read the manga. Loki in my mind has a nasal voice deeper than Gray. I never thought his voice would be so high.

The crappy direction doesn't disturb me anymore. I guess the first episode did a good job at smashing my (high) expectation into smithereens. On the other hand, the music is good.

Does anyone know the name of the song played during the Council meeting? It's a classical music, no?
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen