AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-10-26, 13:58   Link #61
Alchemist007
*Author

While I can't entirely blame Naruto for that kind of reaction (at least initially), like seriously its almost like a full powered punch. Though I doubt that's the end of it, Sakura might actually have to prove her point some more...if you know what I mean
Old 2009-10-26, 14:00   Link #62
Ero-Senn1n

WOW, i didn't see this coming, again Kishimoto has made a nice plot that i like. It seems that Kishimoto wants to make it clear that Naruto has already given up on Sakura and goes on with his life. These teenager loves don't last 3 years, in the real world people end up with completely different girls as compared to the one or more girls they love when they are so young. In the real world a boy or girl change very much from their 12 years old self to their 16 year old self, so they have different love interest. At least that's my personal experience, but i think it's true for most of us. So if Kishimoto wants to make this manga more like the real world is then Naruto should have already given up on Sakura some time ago and going on a different path of life, that is Naruto accepts Sakura as a good friend, just like Sasuke is to him. That means that Hinata's confession worked but Sakura's fake confession didn't work, so i guess Kishi is currently hinting a Naruto-Hinata relationship while Sakura staying alone until Naruto saves Sasuke from his own idiocy

Anyway i liked how Naruto rejected Sakura not only because of the love matters but because this has made Naruto more mature than before. Not killing Nagato and not taking advantage of Sakura is really showing us that Naruto is grown up enough to become the "revolutionary who will change the ninja world".
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:03   Link #63
Alchemist007
*Author

Here's another thing I found, just a more realistic prediction.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-26, 14:06   Link #64
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
well it doesn't come out of left field. I think the 1st one has been confirmed from the pics on teh first page...
Old 2009-10-26, 14:09   Link #65
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Here's another thing I found, just a more realistic prediction.

Spoiler:
Haha! this one must be true and the other fake and I'll tell you why: It's got a flashback! lol..
jk about the fb, sortof, but this does sound more realistic
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:10   Link #66
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
WOW, i didn't see this coming, again Kishimoto has made a nice plot that i like. It seems that Kishimoto wants to make it clear that Naruto has already given up on Sakura and goes on with his life. These teenager loves don't last 3 years, in the real world people end up with completely different girls as compared to the one or more girls they love when they are so young. In the real world a boy or girl change very much from their 12 years old self to their 16 year old self, so they have different love interest. At least that's my personal experience, but i think it's true for most of us. So if Kishimoto wants to make this manga more like the real world is then Naruto should have already given up on Sakura some time ago and going on a different path of life, that is Naruto accepts Sakura as a good friend, just like Sasuke is to him. That means that Hinata's confession worked but Sakura's fake confession didn't work, so i guess Kishi is currently hinting a Naruto-Hinata relationship while Sakura staying alone until Naruto saves Sasuke from his own idiocy
That's not what happened...as Rahan already mentioned, while Sakura's confession is seemingly being rejected, it is the context not the content of the message being rejected. Naruto doesn't believe that Sakura has given up on Sasuke, consequently he refuses to accept her words. It's not that Naruto is refusing Sakura's "love", he's simply refusing her presentation.

That is not to say, though, that Sakura necessarily loves Naruto in a romantic sense. Rather, the whole relationship angle is still being strung along, just via a different route.

In other words, nothing has been decided, and nothing has been fully determined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
Because Sakura wasn't extablished as a love interest to Naruto in part one basically writting Hinata's character to support Naruto through everything instead of scold and abuse him.
Sakura has been a love interest of Naruto's since the 3rd or 4th chapter. Hinata only really came some 30-40 chapters after that...If anything, they have equal romantic potential, but choosing one over the other is simply fan bias, not any true representation of Kishimoto's desires, etc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:16   Link #67
Alchemist007
*Author

Regarding the more popular 'spoiler', here's a line from a NH shipper that I think is logically thought.
Quote:
you do know that naruto and sakura are gonna make up and be together again so don't get your hopes up because i can see what kishi is planing from a mile, and i think everyone else does too.
so naruto finally said the: cut the BS sakura.

as an anti sakura fan, i like it but as an NH fan, i know it's just a delusion so i wont be misleaded by kishi to make me think that NH is gonna happen (learned my lesson the first time) :hmph but it is interesting and i finally got the interaction from naruto in the NS paring. better then nothing i guess.
Old 2009-10-26, 14:16   Link #68
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:

Anyway i liked how Naruto rejected Sakura not only because of the love matters but because this has made Naruto more mature than before. Not killing Nagato and not taking advantage of Sakura is really showing us that Naruto is grown up enough to become the "revolutionary who will change the ninja world".
Naruto still likes Sakura but he can taste the fakeness in the air and it tastes really bitter, what I think has happened is that Sakura just feels so guilty for what she has done to Naruto and she is only doing this because she is doing it to pay Naruto back for all he has done and mistranslates that as love. It is like Kaede in Shuffle! she feels so guilty for how she abused Rin she does everything for him taking no breaks and his happiness is her only reason for living.

Naruto sees that and rejects her knowing she still loves Sasuke specially because she was just crying about it 20 chapters ago, the confession sounds like she is trying to convince herself of it more than actually confessing to Naruto.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:22   Link #69
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's not what happened...as Rahan already mentioned, while Sakura's confession is seemingly being rejected, it is the context not the content of the message being rejected. Naruto doesn't believe that Sakura has given up on Sasuke, consequently he refuses to accept her words. It's not that Naruto is refusing Sakura's "love", he's simply refusing her presentation.
In the end that's the same as i say: Naruto realized that Sakura loves Sasuke and not him. And that means he reliazed that his love is one sided so he has to give up on Sakura and to go on in his own life. To give up on a loved woman is painful but the pain disappears as time passes and new love comes, hopefully a girl that returns Naruto's love. That how life is, at least real life, but since shonen manga has happy end too, so Naruto surely won't be stuck in this one sided love for his whole life.

Naruto can't magically create a love in Sakura that's directed towards him. So even if Sakura does not love Sasuke any more that does not mean that she will suddenly begin to love Naruto, that surely makes no sense. But of course in shonen manga things that make no sense can happen very often, so who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That is not to say, though, that Sakura necessarily loves Naruto in a romantic sense. Rather, the whole relationship angle is still being strung along, just via a different route.

In other words, nothing has been decided, and nothing has been fully determined...
Well i think it's already been decided, Kishimoto is just messing around with us, but of course that's only my assumption
Of course Kishimoto can decide that he will never end this, so the manga ends without any decision between Sakura and Hinata
Old 2009-10-26, 14:26   Link #70
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Regarding the more popular 'spoiler', here's a line from a NH shipper that I think is logically thought.
Nothing short of miraculous!
Let'sFightingLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:31   Link #71
Alchemist007
*Author

Indeed brother, eyes can be opened.
Quote:
Well i think it's already been decided, Kishimoto is just messing around with us, but of course that's only my assumption
And I think that sums it all up pretty damn well don't you think?
Madara's still out there, and its entirely probably that with the straining of the situation, death is calling. And that can change the dynamic of any given relationship on the field.
Old 2009-10-26, 14:45   Link #72
Rahan

Quote:
In the end that's the same as i say: Naruto realized that Sakura loves Sasuke and not him. And that means he reliazed that his love is one sided so he has to give up on Sakura and to go on in his own life. To give up on a loved woman is painful but the pain disappears as time passes and new love comes, hopefully a girl that returns Naruto's love. That how life is, at least real life, but since shonen manga has happy end too, so Naruto surely won't be stuck in this one sided love for his whole life.
We know Sakura loves Naruto since Yamato spilled the beans 3 years ago.
We know what she told Naruto this chapter seems pretty much correct. The village warmed up to Naruto and loves him, and so does Sakura.
Yeah, it looks like she jumped on the bandwagon, but in a certain way, she did and she can't say she always loved him like Hinata, since everyone knows it's not true.

Sakura screwed up because of her mission. If the purpose of her mission was not to ask Naruto to give up on Sasuke, she would have Naruto right now.

Naruto is pissed off because Sakura failed at Itachi's test.
Naruto promised Itachi he would save both Sasuke and Konoha / Sasuke's enemies while Sakura chose the easy way and gave up on Sasuke even though she still cares about him (regardless of what her feelings for Sasuke are, she still cares deeply for him)

"Whether it's laughable or irrational this is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!"

Sakura needs to grow up, power up and accept this. Because this is the path Naruto chose and the only path he will acknowledge. Even if Sasuke's is helping his sworn enemies and one of most wanted man in the world right now, Naruto won't give up on him and redeem him no matter what.
And then, she'll get Naruto's cloak, like Nya got Simon's.

Quote:
I think it's decided, but Kishi is waiting for Sasuke to be redeemed to officialize it.
Had Naruto returned Sakura's feelings, he would officially be the rebound guy, which is kinda bad for the main character.
Sasuke is going to come back, and Sakura will make a choice again. And this time, Naruto won't have anything to whine about.

I don't see Hinata being relevant again. She was the perfect chance to kill Narusaku, but Kishi chose to use Sasuke, who is only a temporary fix since SasuSaku died the instant Sakura accepted the rookies decision and confessed to Naruto. Her love for Sasuke would appear too fickle if it's overwhelmed by Naruto's * (write whatever you want here)

Last edited by Rahan; 2009-10-26 at 14:59.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:52   Link #73
Rurik
Golden

Wow, 5 pages of thread already?

And Naruto acted like a man with big hairy Balls! also,intersting that a chapter that has to do with Love is numbered 69.....
Old 2009-10-26, 14:55   Link #74
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The spoilers are pointing towards amazing on the negative scale. That supposed dialog between Sakura and Naruto kills every possible hope I've had about that relationship...Can it be any worse? (Maybe the next chapter will begin with the soundtrack of Bodyguard playing in the background...)

It almost feels like Sakura is pushing Naruto towards Sasuke to strengthen the dying flames of Sasuke x Naruto.

My only hope is we get to see inner Sakura to have a better insight on what she is really thinking, or whether she is thinking at all...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 15:08   Link #75
SeanQ

I think Naruto just likes the chase, which is why he's being a dick, he doesn't like that Sakura is giving into him so easily like a slut, and probably when he finally gets Sasuke back, he'll dump him immediately and find someone else he can chase for 5+ years...
Old 2009-10-26, 15:33   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If spoilers are true, Naruto has taken another step towards being a mature man. I like Naruto's new personality. He's more calm and rational these days.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:36   Link #77
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Hinata is going to become Naruto's love, but it won't be easy for her. Her confession was not her ending, but her beginning. Kish is going to break her out of her shell going forward. There's no other reason to have her confess her love and sacrifice herself for Naruto if she wasn't going to have a greater relevance going forward. If she died, then it would make sense, but she survived it.

I also think Sakura's confession is partly a reaction to her seeing Hinata confess her love to Naruto. It's like she's realizing she has competition. She can't have Naruto on the hook indefinitely as he's poised to move on with someone that seriously cares about him.

It's been a long build up for Hinata and I don't see Kish wasting it by having her confession swept under the rug of Sakura's supposed change in feelings.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:43   Link #78
Kaiba

You know, anyone want to come and hide out in my bunker before it's too late?

Quote:
There´s no girl or boy in the world who´s worth changing your believes and way of life for.
I somehow find great irony in this statement when one thinks of another slightly more nuts Sakura. And though obviously I haven't read it yet, this chapter kind of reminds of me that one bad end in Heaven's Feel where he rejects Sakura for the sake of his ideal.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:54   Link #79
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
Hinata is going to become Naruto's love, but it won't be easy for her. Her confession was not her ending, but her beginning. Kish is going to break her out of her shell going forward. There's no other reason to have her confess her love and sacrifice herself for Naruto if she wasn't going to have a greater relevance going forward. If she died, then it would make sense, but she survived it.

I also think Sakura's confession is partly a reaction to her seeing Hinata confess her love to Naruto. It's like she's realizing she has competition. She can't have Naruto on the hook indefinitely as he's poised to move on with someone that seriously cares about him.

It's been a long build up for Hinata and I don't see Kish wasting it by having her confession swept under the rug of Sakura's supposed change in feelings.
I wish you were right, but I doubt it. Hinata just hasn't been developed enough as a character for Kishi to make here the protagonist's love interest. Her confessing to Naruto was the first and so far only development in her completely static character up to that point. Unfortunately after that, instead of running with it, Kishi did "sweep it under the rug" and we haven't heard a peep from her sense. Naruto hasn't even given her a second thought after it was confirmed she survived. My guess is it was just a chance for Kishi to throw all us Hinatu fans a bone before moving on to more Sakura development. Personally though I'd rather him have killed her off than make her survive but go nowhere after that. At least then her death would have given some motivation to Naruto which is more than she seems to be providing now. If Kishi wanted to make her the main love interest of Naruto, he lost his best chance (doubt he could top a confession on top of a life sacrifice). Instead as usual he's moving on to having Naruto and Sakura have a serious discussion of their feelings. Looks to me more like they are both getting past their childish feelings (Naruto towards Sakura and Sakura towards Sasuke). It may look like Naruto dissing Sakura at first, but that's just one of the things that has to happen for them to develop any serious relationship between them.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 17:29   Link #80
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
We know Sakura loves Naruto since Yamato spilled the beans 3 years ago.
Wait, i don't really understand this, so Sakura loves him but when she says she loves him she is lying? This doesn't make sense. Also Yamato was introduced after the timeskip and not before, it's when they went to find Sasuke and bring him home. Anyway, it would make sense if Sakura loves both Sasuke and Naruto, but what we have seen from Sakura is only love towards Sasuke but towards Naruto only friendship.

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like she jumped on the bandwagon, but in a certain way, she did and she can't say she always loved him like Hinata, since everyone knows it's not true.
Her confession looks like she wants to be the wife of the future hokage so this looks like an arranged marriage if we want to be mean with Sakura
I mean her career as a ninja would benefit a lot if her husband is the hokage, as a smart girl she knows that
She knows that because her sensei Tsunade was elected hokage because of Jiraiya, and we know that Jiraiya loved Tsunade many years ago

Quote:
Sakura needs to grow up, power up and accept this. Because this is the path Naruto chose and the only path he will acknowledge. Even if Sasuke's is helping his sworn enemies and one of most wanted man in the world right now, Naruto won't give up on him and redeem him no matter what.
Well i agree for the most part, but i think Naruto has already realized that Sakura and Sasuke are a couple and he does not want to get in the way of their happiness with his one sided love. What we have seen from Sakura until now is a strong friendship feeling for Naruto, that is very different from love, it is a very strong bond between the two but not love.

Quote:
I don't see Hinata being relevant again.
That's an unfinished story, Kishimoto simply didn't show any interaction between Hinata and Naruto. And i think that in the next chapter we might have a flashback of Naruto and Hinata talking while Naruto explains things to Sakura.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion