AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 17:29   Link #241
kitten320

-sigh- Sakura really failed here...
I'm big NaruSaku supporter but that was the lamest thing ever! Even the child could see through those lies x_x
Glad Naruto put her on place, hope she will re-think her actions and will come up with something better instead of lying some more.
Old 2009-10-29, 17:37   Link #242
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah, this was the question I asked a few pages back. The sheer awkwardness of the conversation can only means that she is being deceitful (not necessarily maliciously, but definitely deliberately); the only question is what she is lying about. And I agree, she is definitely confused. Next chapter she will undoubtedly break down crying (again) confess some real emotions, and then Naruto will be all fired up for saving Sasuke once more...kind of cliché, but Naruto needed some new backing to support his quest for Sasuke...

I find it funny not even the support cast believe anything Sakura is saying look at the look on everyone's face it has the "Bitch, plz" sense to it.

If you read what she is saying carefully you notice the reason why she is saying she likes Naruto in lines like: "There is no point in having feelings for a missing-nin and criminal, I can't stay a kid forever I have to see things for the way they are", "Sasuke-kun is just moving further and further away from me...but Sasuke you have always been close to me..."

From lines like this you can tell that the reason she says she likes Naruto is the convinience of it, she still uses honorifics in Sasuke's name despite him being a missing-nin. She knows Sasuke is moving further away out of her clutches so even though she still likes him she cannot reach him so she notices what is right next to her simply because it is easier than continuing a chase for something that she can probably never get despite the fact she wants it bad. Naruto even noticed that she cares too much about Sasuke to give it up like that, her confession with Sasuke seemed a lot more real to other people.

I still disagree with Mifune's position there is no real reasoning to his position, other then his best candidate is gone so he picked a name out of the proverbial hat. It should be Tsuchikage as I keep repeating he has more experience and knowledge, as well as more information on the enemy than others apart from Konoha's Danzou and the Elders.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 17:43   Link #243
KoichiXMao

If Sakura only looks at Naruto as a brother or a close friend, it would not make sense for her to confess to Naruto. So for those who insist that Sakura is manipulating naruto, and telling him what he wants to hear is plain dense.

Sakura obviously has feelings for naruto (romantic feelings?) .... perhaps
I say perhaps because she confessed. Plain and simple as that. Would you confess to a person you treat as a brother? -.-

Now, we have to face reality as well that Sakura did not have any closure regarding her feelings for Sasuke, thus the dialogue of being unsure, from this chapter make sense. She still have feelings for Sasuke, but what kind of feelings?
She herself cannot define it anymore. Thus the feelings of confusion.

Bottomline:

Sakura has feelings for Naruto, her confession is valid.
Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke, thus she is in denial, thus the reason why Naruto is pissed.
Cannot blame Sakura, simply because she still needs closure in regards to her feelings for Sasuke, plain and simple. Her confession seemed forced, but there is truth behind it. You cannot simple make this up because you feel "guilty".

Further opinion:

If people say Sakura treats naruto as a brother or a friend, but made up the confession because she feels guilty, then there's something wrong about your perception about her character.

Based on what I understand on her character, she would tell naruto she won't hold him for his promise, because she can face reality that Sasuke has changed, and is now a huge criminal. In regards to Naruto liking her, she would simply tell the truth and let him know she doesn't have "that kind" of feelings for him, and only treats him as a brother. If Sakura truly treats Naruto as a brother, she would be honest with him and tell him she rather have him as a friend for life. What's the point hiding that fact?

That didn't happen. =)
KoichiXMao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 17:49   Link #244
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoichiXMao View Post
Sakura has feelings for Naruto, her confession is valid.
Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke, thus she is in denial, thus the reason why Naruto is pissed.
Cannot blame Sakura, simply because she still needs closure in regards to her feelings for Sasuke, plain and simple. Her confession seemed forced, but there is truth behind it. You cannot simple make this up because you feel "guilty".
If the mind can supress memories because of guilt or something that can cause emotional trauma or make up such elaborate lies that the person will believe because of their guilt/fear/trauma then I think someone can just make this up and misconstrue her feelings of guilt for love.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 17:50   Link #245
Marion
The Great Dine

I think it's obvious from what we can decipher that Sakura ONLY made this 'confession' to get Naruto to stop chasing after Sasuke. The entire thing, in both picture and dialog, comes off as forced and even Naruto can clearly see through that.

Sakura does not love Naruto, she just wants him to stop chasing Sasuke and uses a confession like this to do it.

NaruHina is probably going to be True End after this :v
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 18:07   Link #246
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well just read the chapter....and wow....that confession is the mose half ass thing I've heard. It was so fake. Naruto should have like bitch slapped her...or just rasengan her ass. :] lol jk but yeah.

Naruto>One Piece>Bleach for chapters this week.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:11   Link #247
Takashipl

True it seems a bit rushed, and i noticed something else. Apparently she doesn't want to let Naruto know that the rest of Konoha's 11 decided to kill Sasuke. You can see that on page 12 and 13. I wonder what is that "also" she asks them for...
She lies to him and to herself about her feelings for Sasuke, but she is lying because she wants to free Naruto, she wants him to be happy. Of course he sensed that and he's angry, i would be if i were him. Next week we shall see resolution of that, unless kishimoto decides to switch back to kirabi/ao/kage/sasuke/madara/whatever else. NaruSaku still has some chances, just wait and see
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 18:13   Link #248
Alchemist007
*Author

LOOOOL this chapter was so overhyped.
Ok so she's clearly lying and there's not a single one there who can't tell. From the fact that it was shown in a flashback that she told everyone to let her do all the talking, she planned it. I won't conclude SHIT yet otherwise. Her feelings for Naruto were probably glossed but certainly not false.

Also agree with this
Quote:
Now, we have to face reality as well that Sakura did not have any closure regarding her feelings for Sasuke, thus the dialogue of being unsure, from this chapter make sense. She still have feelings for Sasuke, but what kind of feelings?
She herself cannot define it anymore. Thus the feelings of confusion.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:15   Link #249
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
LOOOOL this chapter was so overhyped.
Ok so she's clearly lying and there's not a single one there who can't tell. From the fact that it was shown in a flashback that she told everyone to let her do all the talking, she planned it. I won't conclude SHIT yet.
Why overhyped? The fact that Sakura was obviously lying made the chapter much more interesting.
Also, there´s some plot movement going on, good chapter.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:17   Link #250
Fran~
floating away...

Kishi is trolling with us...

you can tell that Sakura could easily think... "i need Naruto sharper than ever, so i will play dumb so Naruto could think in his promise". But like that, there is a ton of reasons why Sakura is lying so clearly until the point that Naruto didn't believe her.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:21   Link #251
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Why overhyped? The fact that Sakura was obviously lying made the chapter much more interesting.
Referring to shippers and the like. Also from the translation I read, he never says bullshit.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:34   Link #252
Fran~
floating away...

Let's see... Sakura is praised by her intelligence right? (well, blame Kishi for that ).
Sakura was shocked by Sai's revelation about Naruto loving her and how that promise is so dangerous to Naruto.
Sasuke is now an international terrorist, wanted dead or alive.

Both Sakura and Naruto want Sasuke back, Sakura wants Naruto unharmed also.

She is aiming for the protection of Naruto and Sasuke, she can tell that if Naruto and Sasuke face each other, one of them will be killed for sure.

Now, how is she lying in that obvious way?... to me, there is something more, to me she wants that Naruto understand that facade, i dont know why.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:36   Link #253
Alchemist007
*Author

Somehow I don't think Kishi is thinking that deeply into it.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:42   Link #254
yangxu

Who's gonna be the future Hokage of Konoha? Naruto.
Will the wife of that Hokage hold fame, wealth and power? Yes.

Sakura's definitely the smartest ninja of Konoha, having thought about a bright future she'll be grasping in her hands

Naruto x Hinata FTW.
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 18:44   Link #255
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

It's certainly not surprising that this is the main topic of discussion regarding this chapter (Sakura's 'confession', that is). While I agree with what's said about how it's pretty obviously fake, it might be interesting to look at it from a different angle - assume this is a possibility:

Sakura's confession is 100% sincere. It seems so fake because she's embarassed and nervous. Next chapter, she's going to break out in tears at Naruto not believing her and show some sincerity to it.

Lol. It could happen?
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 18:56   Link #256
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^Have you ever seen a serious confession of someone not being nervous?^^
Old 2009-10-29, 19:05   Link #257
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

A sad sad day for NaruSaku fans

But a happy day for SasuSaku fans
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 19:32   Link #258
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Also Sakura gave up on Sasuke, so now Naruto is the only one that creates a difference between Sasuke being just another bad guy who needs to be killed and Sasuke being a good guy who is on the wrong path. Naruto's talk with Itachi is a clear hint that Naruto will never declare Sasuke a criminal just because that way it's easier to live for him and for the other good guys. Giving up is the complete opposite of Naruto's character, as it was nicely shown in this week's anime episode.

What we have seen is the big difference in character of Sakura and Naruto, Sakura is thinking with her brain, so she finally realizes that it's not logical to be associated with a criminal, while Naruto doesn't care about what is logical and what not, he is led by emotions, that is he wants to "do the right thing" no matter what happens.

Also he has an instinct to do the right thing, as opposed to so called smart guys who base all their decisions on known information. Great leaders are often people who have very good instincts, since they often have to make big decisions when there is not enough information, so a smart person wouldn't be able to decide because there is no logical good decision or a logical decision is based on wrong facts and a wrong decision is made. Good advisors of such great people are smart, so they can advise them based on logical thinking that is based on the known information, but also a good advisor has faith in the leader, that the leader will intinctively choose a good solution even if it's the opposite of the advice given. An example of such an advisor is Shikamaru's father, he had faith in Naruto and let him handle Nagato, despite Naruto's decision was not logical, but he had faith that Naruto will succeed, and it resulted in the best possible outcome, everybody was revived. I think that Sakura and Shikamaru will become such advisors as time passes, because they will slowly begin to understand that Naruto is that type of instinctive leader who succeeds. Right now it seems to me that Sakura wants to control Naruto, she still does not have enough faith in him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 19:47   Link #259
mrboldy

oh man rock and yamamoto's faces are priceless when sakura said the three words lol
mrboldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 19:50   Link #260
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Sakura: I love you Naruto! (Yeah right!! SASUKE FTW!!!!)

Tags
weekly chapter discussion