AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-02, 15:52   Link #601
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Was anyone else surprised that Riful started to cry? You see the ABs as monsters with no feeling, but its not quite so it would seem. Same with Dauf sacrificing himself and all.

And if it was mentioned already, sorry, but its hard to keep up with Claymore threads.
No... Yagi's been giving both Duff and Riful quite a bit of character depth for a few chapters now. I was really moved by it and glad it was there. It's clear they still have a purpose, even if it for something trivial. Yagi makes death very human, tragic, and kinda realistic (on a character level). Based on Riful's life and situation... her crying makes a lot of sense.
Old 2009-11-02, 16:25   Link #602
elyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
No... Yagi's been giving both Duff and Riful quite a bit of character depth for a few chapters now. I was really moved by it and glad it was there. It's clear they still have a purpose, even if it for something trivial. Yagi makes death very human, tragic, and kinda realistic (on a character level). Based on Riful's life and situation... her crying makes a lot of sense.
It's good to see that the trench warfare around here has settled down. You know what would be pretty lame, is if Dauf and Riful some how die together, ugh. With the way Dauf feels the need to sacrifice himself at a moments notice for Riful, I bet someone is going to take him up on his offer eventually. I bet it would be Priscilla; she would insult him and kill him with her extended fingers like she did Noel and Sophia.
Old 2009-11-02, 16:47   Link #603
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyK View Post
It's good to see that the trench warfare around here has settled down.

No... it's just that the other side is offline at the moment. We'll only know if it's settled down if they drop the topic when they get back online or continue where they left off.
Old 2009-11-02, 16:52   Link #604
HegemonKhan
Banned

wonders if irene ever encountered an awakened one... the way she seems to speak in the manga and the expression in the pics is as if she's seeing an awakened one for the first time......

though, ophelia fought and killed many awakened ones, and irene was more powerful then ophelia.

it's just seems weird if you look at irene's dialogue and expression when she comments about priscilla...

"morre then yoma, but not human either, a kasetsu (awakened one) !" ... this is jsut so weird to me.... irene's rank 2, but she sounds like it is her very first time ever encountering an awakened one... granted, it's the most powerful awakened one ever, but still... at the very least this part was done really badly....
Old 2009-11-02, 17:18   Link #605
elyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
wonders if irene ever encountered an awakened one... the way she seems to speak in the manga and the expression in the pics is as if she's seeing an awakened one for the first time......

though, ophelia fought and killed many awakened ones, and irene was more powerful then ophelia.

it's just seems weird if you look at irene's dialogue and expression when she comments about priscilla...

"morre then yoma, but not human either, a kasetsu (awakened one) !" ... this is jsut so weird to me.... irene's rank 2, but she sounds like it is her very first time ever encountering an awakened one... granted, it's the most powerful awakened one ever, but still... at the very least this part was done really badly....
Well I think it could be a possibility that Irene has fought an awakened being but even then, they wouldn't compare to Priscilla. She felt something she OBVIOUSLY didn't like. Even Rigaldo who has been around countless awakend beings and is one his self was very uneasy when Priscilla beat him and fought Isley. Even when Isley had her "beat" he was still unsettled, then Priscilla exploded and tore Isley's human portion in half. Rigaldo then commented on something about how Priscilla has "yoki gushing out of her wounds and seems limitless".
Old 2009-11-02, 17:37   Link #606
TalesNut

I didn't read every post that's here already, so sorry if someone thought of this already but..

Remember when pris and raki first meet? pris says something to the effect of "this guy smells good." Think maybe she figured it out and started following him around for that reason instead of some love thing? Obviously she ended up liking him on some level, but as far as the initial reason they hooked up in the first place...
Old 2009-11-02, 17:45   Link #607
HegemonKhan
Banned

the female awakened in gonahl village that clare and ophelia were on mission to kill, also said raki smelled-looked delicious. not to mention the very first yoma whom had killed raki's family and took the form of his brother, Zaki.

this is peculiar. in fact you could say raki for some unknown reason has something special about him, which makes him delicious.

all the beings that have taken a notice of raki:

1. the yoma that killed raki's family and took the form of his brother, Zaki, probably did so because raki looked-smelled so delicious to it.

2. Clare took an interest in raki.... (though this is probably just due to that he reminded her of herself, though maybe clare also noticed his smell too....)

3. helen possible has some small interest in raki

4. the female awakened in gonahl village that clare and ophelia were on mission to kill, also said raki smelled-looked delicious.

5. Priscilla liked his smell too (though this is probably just since he smelled of her homeland, the southern lands)

6. probably a few more examples as well...
Old 2009-11-02, 17:52   Link #608
HegemonKhan
Banned

wink wink... i read those posts about the spanish translations too... wink wink

they gave helen such more fitting examples of helen's character-nature, hehe
Old 2009-11-02, 18:03   Link #609
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Knowledge of Rocket Science is not necessary to know which is which.
Knowledge of Rocket Science is always necessary!

$\Delta v = v_e ln \frac{m_i}{m_f}$

Quote:
She - Teresa - didn't say it!
She said:
"Deep inside she harbors a monster. In time she will become incredibly strong. I may be able to beat her now, but next time who knows." - (ch 21 p 4 - when the fight started - and yes, I checked the raw and it's close enough to what is actually said)
By the end of the fight, Teresa had grown more confident of her chances.
I disagree with this bit though. "Come at me as often as you want, I'll cut you down every time" is the type of thing a shonen character says when they are acknowledging someone else as a rival; it's banter, not a statement to be taken literally. Personally, I read it as evidence that Teresa really does think Priscilla has the potential to challenge her in the future. This is further reinforced by the fact that she says it immediately after her dilemma over whether or not to spare Priscilla.
Old 2009-11-02, 18:34   Link #610
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Knowledge of Rocket Science is always necessary!

$\Delta v = v_e ln \frac{m_i}{m_f}$
Rockets! I love launching them!

Oh, word of advice... no matter how small they are. Never launch them near an airport. The cops/feds will come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
I disagree with this bit though. "Come at me as often as you want, I'll cut you down every time" is the type of thing a shonen character says when they are acknowledging someone else as a rival; it's banter, not a statement to be taken literally. Personally, I read it as evidence that Teresa really does think Priscilla has the potential to challenge her in the future. This is further reinforced by the fact that she says it immediately after her dilemma over whether or not to spare Priscilla.
Old 2009-11-02, 19:14   Link #611
TalesNut

Quote:
the female awakened in gonahl village that clare and ophelia were on mission to kill, also said raki smelled-looked delicious. not to mention the very first yoma whom had killed raki's family and took the form of his brother, Zaki.

this is peculiar. in fact you could say raki for some unknown reason has something special about him, which makes him delicious.

all the beings that have taken a notice of raki:

1. the yoma that killed raki's family and took the form of his brother, Zaki, probably did so because raki looked-smelled so delicious to it.

2. Clare took an interest in raki.... (though this is probably just due to that he reminded her of herself, though maybe clare also noticed his smell too....)

3. helen possible has some small interest in raki

4. the female awakened in gonahl village that clare and ophelia were on mission to kill, also said raki smelled-looked delicious.

5. Priscilla liked his smell too (though this is probably just since he smelled of her homeland, the southern lands)

6. probably a few more examples as well...
Easly assumed pris was refering to the smell of the south, pris herself never said anything about it. I suspect that pris smelled teresa on raki from the very beginning, which explains a lot I think.
Old 2009-11-02, 19:19   Link #612
HegemonKhan
Banned

in the anime Priscilla recognized Teresa's smell in Clare, but there doesn't seem to be anything suggesting that this is happening in the manga. Priscilla seems completely unaware of Clare (and Teresa inside Clare), in the manga. Though, Clare certainly had/has a grudge against Priscilla and knows who she is.
Old 2009-11-02, 19:42   Link #613
TalesNut

Quote:
in the anime Priscilla recognized Teresa's smell in Clare, but there doesn't seem to be anything suggesting that this is happening in the manga. Priscilla seems completely unaware of Clare (and Teresa inside Clare), in the manga. Though, Clare certainly had/has a grudge against Priscilla and knows who she is.
Where did I say anything about clare? Pris smelled teresa on raki, because raki was around clare who had teresa's head in her. Obviously the part of teresa that's in clare has some form of sent. Pris smelled it on raki and is now looking for "teresa."
Old 2009-11-02, 19:50   Link #614
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalesNut View Post
Where did I say anything about clare? Pris smelled teresa on raki, because raki was around clare who had teresa's head in her. Obviously the part of teresa that's in clare has some form of sent. Pris smelled it on raki and is now looking for "teresa."
mm something tells me we might need Teresa again, in non-physical form, maybe as an image of some sort in the future.
Old 2009-11-02, 20:20   Link #615
Cyclone
Transient Guest

So many people to respond to - all making the same points...

When have I said that Teresa was not concerned about Priscilla as a potential threat? I merely said Teresa concluded she was stronger. Certainly letting Priscilla live was a risk - a risk her old self would not be willing to take but unfortunately her soft side was ready to take it. Being tempted to take Priscilla's head is not an admission of weakness though. Teresa never admitted being weaker than Priscilla.

Only 2 characters made comments to the effect that Priscilla, in time, could be stronger than Teresa - and neither were in a position to know. Irene admits to underestimating Teresa after making those statements, thereby invalidating her statements. And Rubel's conclusion is based of knowledge from the Org. And the purpose of Extra Chapter #1 is to show us that Teresa was actively hiding her real power from the Organization. We don't know why, but she was. So Rubel is in no position to know either.

As for being a threat vs being stronger, allow me to make an analogy.

In the board game 'go' there are skill rankings as follows:
(weakest) 30 kyu, 29 kyu .... 1 kyu, 1 dan, 2dan, ... 9 dan (strongest)

So let's consider a hypothetical 7 dan. It is said that their chance of beating a 6d in an even game is about 70%. If however, you are the same 7 dan, and your opponent is 1 dan, your chances of victory are about 100%. There's no point playing the game to see who wins - that's basically decided already. For kyu ranks? Forget about it - that's just a total waste of everyone's time. (That's the kind of frustrating game it is...)

Irene, Sophia, and Noel, are basically the low ranked players that can challenge Teresa as many times as they want and still lose. Teresa recognized Priscilla as a potential threat - of that there is no question. But that in itself does not mean that Priscilla is, or even could be, stronger. If the 7 dan vs 6 dan analogy holds, Teresa could mop the floor with Prscilla who has reached 100% of her potential 7 times out of 10. Problem is those 3 times out of ten she'd lose her life. Even 30% odds of death are something worth eliminating early - something her former self would do. But then, Priscilla wasn't 6 dan yet - but rather only had the potential to be 6 dan - so maybe Teresa thought she had time to deal with her later.

Spoiler for (I so wish the following fan made stuff was true though):

For me, Teresa's line, is not so much a declaration of eternal victory - because yes, there probably is a little bravado going on there - but a declaration that she believes that even in the event of a rematch, her odds of winning are still good (not certain, but good). This is why I conclude Teresa is stronger. Afterall, Teresa doesn't lie for no good reason.
Old 2009-11-02, 21:06   Link #616
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

All these quotes belong to Gangsta Spanksta

Quote:
In some aspect, you and I are closer to agreeing than me and Chiba the last time an argument about potential came up. BTW, if we use the dictionary definition of latent, then 10% of Teresa would've still be bigger than 80% of Priscilla, since that would include latent ability as in. Latent abilities are existing abilities that are either hidden or not yet realized, whereas potential would included not yet existing abilities. But I think you might be using your own definition of the word.
Well, like I said in my earlier post, I think people abuse the word "potential" too much, so I explained my own beliefs on the matter in an attempt to simplify it.

The abuse of the word probably isn't gonna end any-time soon though.

Quote:
Databooks ... What exactly do these databooks that some people think of as inaccurate say about exponential powers. You say very little, and I don't base my view on the canon universe on Databooks, since they have been seen as questionable before.

Are you aware of what exponential growth even means Gangsta?

It's not that the databooks are inaccurate. If they were totally inaccurate, why would Yagi, yes Yagi, go through the effort of writing them up?

They should be taken with a grain of salt because it's written from the Organization's point of view who have been, gasp, wrong from time to time just like the rest of the series habitual liars.

Quote:
It's not an excuse it is a fact that dialog can be an unreliable source of information in Claymore. For instance, Clare basically says that humans don't stand a chance against Yoma. Renee on the other hand says it isn't too unusual for a human to be able to kill a Yoma. It is said that Claymore turn into Yoma, but it is later revealed that they turn into something beyond yoma. Yagi writing style is very realistic that his character misperceive the world around them, and it has been shown time and time again in the manga. Yet, you take the words of Irene as fact, when she goes, "oops wrong again" several times. I think you standards for admissibility are way too law and so your research is flawed because you take someone who keeps saying, "oops I was wrong" words for facts.
Sounds like you're in the same hole as I am then, unless Teresa is suddenly credible again.

Makes me think of that old tootsie-pop commercial "The world may never know" XDXD

Quote:
I'm not changing my viewpoint. You may have misperceived reality in the same manner that characters in the manga misperceive reality. My main beef is your low standards on what is fact and what is perception and your inability to differentiate between the two. As for what I am admitting you would have to put way more emphasis on the could instead of how you say it which seems to downplay it. About potential, I don't think Teresa got as much of a reading of what the potential was exactly, but it was moer along the lines that she knew Priscilla was a monster, and she didn't know who the greater monster would be in the future. I don't think she got a number like Priscilla's potential is 9,000,000 or anyhting, just that a very dangerous monster was before her. That does not mean that Priscilla had the potential to surpass Teresa however. It just many maybe she has the potential. It is still possible that Teresa was leaps and bounds better than Priscilla. Irene's words are useless; Rubel is no expert. You don't have much at all as far as facts.
Roflmao, now I'm mispercieving reality, hoo boy, I can only wonder what you'll say next.....

Since it would appear Teresa is suddenly the only one credible again, it goes back to why Teresa then said that Priscilla might be able to beat her later on or why she tried to kill her. Her words have too much emphasis and her actions of trying to kill her weigh too much against the simple possibility that Priscilla just MAY be able to beat her.

Quote:
Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say everyone is wrong. I said many people have proven themselves to be wrong. Many people are unsure. And many people are potentially right or wrong. The way Yagi writes, that aspect is just like real life. And you don't know what a double negative is if you think I used one.
Gangsta, you're putting yourself in a rut, that's what you're doing. On one hand, we have that some characters are credible, then they are not, then they are potentially right or wrong....it feels like you're trying to lead me in circles. I don't even understand what point you're trying to make, other then that nobody is apparently credible, or rather, they are, but they are wrong from time to time, which is realistic, but when that's used as points in an arguement, it's shaky.

Oh yeah, and Yagi speaks to us in situations only you and Cyclone are aware of .

I know I"m trying to prove that Priscilla would have exceeded Teresa sooner or later, whether by fully-awakening or time and experience(ended up with the former), but you seem to be arguing not necessarily that it's not true, but rather that the whole thing is nil because nobody knows because nobody is credible enough because nobody is always right which is the "realism" you keep talking about.

That's all fine and dandy except it doesn't give us an answer which is kind of important.

.......unless you're Cyclone and you know when Yagi is talking to us .

Quote:
I think you are confusing yourself here, greatly, or trying to be witty using things that are not there.
Roflmao, oh boy, now I'm witty. First I misconcieve reality, now I'm being witty. You're a REAL charmer aren't you Gangsta?

I'm going by what you're telling me big guy. You're flip-flopping and changing what you're talking about everytime.

Quote:
Feel free to hunt down my old argument about Potential where I went into details that was posted before you got here. I've long since forgotten everything that I have said, and all the points and equations that were in that argument. But to work on arguing all that again, the time and effort spent on it, just seems like too much work to be worth it. It kind of sucks to have to rehash things that have been discussed on here in the past.
It's inevitable, just as the Teresa vs Priscilla arguement is inevitable. Why do you think I post links to old posts? I don't feel like writing essays on certain matters....again .

Quote:
No, you are just not trying to understand it. After a room quakes, and someone says, "A plane has just hit the building," well that is quite different from him saying, "It is as if a plane has just hit the building." One can be a fact or false fact, the other shows a certain degree of unsureness. If that is in what Rubel says, then his words can never be taken for fact.
Reminds me of Teresa and her own perception on Priscilla and her "you can come at me as many times as you want, I'll still win", her words contradicting her actions. Tell me then, what are we supposed to take as truth? Her words that no one can beat her, or her actions in trying to kill Priscilla on the ground and nobody else? Neither is not an option.

Quote:
It's true, "it as if" compares what happens to a possible reality, say it is like that. It is not saying that the reality is true. "It is as if he had rockets on his shoes" does not mean he had rockets on his shoes.
Amazing, you've only heard those words used as a form of expression.

So just because he uses "it's as if", instead of taking that and believing he's words were trying to simplify the power Priscilla has become, you want to take the extreme end and say he was dead-wrong completely?

Tell me something Gangsta. How strong is Priscilla in your perception then? Do you even HAVE an opinion? CAN you with everything you're saying? With your high standards of fact, I'll be impressed considered nothing and nobody is credible enough and are "shaky".

Quote:
all of those show a certain degree of unsureness, thus can't be taken as fact. It is as simple as that. I really don't get why you have such low standards on what is fact and what is not.
Low standards, misconceptions, witty quotes...you're on a ball today.

You're standards are so high, it's amazing their are any facts or truthes at all. Instead of having a viewpoint that favors one side of arguement, it's as if you prefer a Draw or prefer their being no answers at all, for the sake of "realism" .
Quote:
He never actually said Priscilla potential had fully been realized. Thus he is just giving what he thinks that happens, which is an educated opinion, but not fact. If you interpret it as being fact, then you are just plain wrong. think of it as rubel adding a "I think," in front of his words. It is not fact, and any theory that is build assuming what he said is fact is build upon shaky foundations, IMO.
What you're saying Gangsta can never be proven; he made an educated guess and could be wrong? How are we to know for sure? Because he's been wrong before? What does that prove? That he's realistic and/or a habitual liar?

You believe I'm taking an extreme end, but your on the other end of the spectrum which is worse off because your side doesn't provide an answer at all. If I were to hear someones educated guess, I could turn out to be wrong. But for you, you wouldn't even have a guess at all.

Quote:
Show me where I said Teresa was the most credible. If you keep putting words in my mouth and taking everything I say out of context, then what does it say for you intepreting what others such as characters in the manga say. All I ever said was Teresa was unsure about how powerful Priscilla would become; though, she knew she was a monster.
--
Quote:
Teresa was wrong about Priscilla? No Teresa was right, all she ever said was that Maybe one day Priscilla could beat her, no more, no less. The org has been proven wrong. Irene tells you that she was wrong. Just because you want something concrete to build your theory on doesn't mean you can use dialog as fact, when characters in this manga prove to be wrong quite often.
---

She said a little more then she was just a monster, you and her said she could beat her which speaks pretty clearly on what she is capable of. Their's a difference between not knowing what she is capable of, and believing she could actually lose. Her actions in trying to kill her and your own words that Teresa was right further compound this.

Quote:
Sigh. Shieky, don't tell me what I am saying. What I am saying is this: You can't go by words alone in this Manga, you have to use other things as support. Irene keeps underestimating; how does that make her words a credible source of information. Rubel says, "It is as if" which means he's not sure enough to say it as a fact.
I don't, I go by actions as well, and Teresa tried to kill Priscilla. Even if EVERYTHING all these people, Teresa included, was wrong, her actions show clearly what Priscilla is capable of, which is surpassing her. You may say she is unsure of her exact potential and may have ended up being wrong, but you can understand I'm not crazy for that theory when she had a sword to her head.

It's just too much. "She couldn't take any chances"? That seems like an excuse more then anything else.

Quote:
:P I am saying we don't know what it is. it could be 1/99 40/60 50/50 80/20 :P There are different kinds of uncertain. I'm not the one who takes things by face value, and automatically believes what everyone says. I'm the guy who says we need more data before making some of the claims people are making. I haven't exactly said that Priscilla may not have more potential than Teresa. I have my
own opinions. But that some of you guys assume that Priscilla had the potential to someday surpass even Teresa as something that is a fact. well it is not, because the estimation on Priscillas potential, and the estimation on Teresa's strength and potential could all be wrong. We just know that Teresa and Priscilla sit in another tier from Riful, Alicia, Beth, Isley, Luciella, Rosemary.
Roflmao, well thank you for that elaborate speech, but aren you going a little crazy with those numbers? For someone who is apparantely the most unsure of us all, you're being pretty precise which is the problem

Quote:
yup you are repeating yourself, because you fail to grasp a concept. Priscilla long term potential being greater than Teresa's current strenght or Teresa's long term potential is not a fact. Okay, smarty pants. What is Priscilla's long-term potential. What is Teresa's strength. What is Teresa's long-term potential. What are these based on? How were they measured? :P If you don't know the answer to these questions, then how can you say it is fact. Hearsay?
Fail to grab a concept, that's.....5 insults you've given me. You're emotional today aren't you?

Priscilla's long-term potential, latent abilities and all, at the very least, equals her, at the most, surpasses her. Teresa's strength level is(or was) the highest we've ever seen, bigger then the Abyssal Ones, yadda yadda yadda. Teresa's long-term potential I would say has already been reached. The fact their is a mark(Priscilla) that exists that can surpass her implies she can't get much stronger then she already is.

What are these based on? logic, rationale, through the information, including quotes and actions, from 4 different sources(Irene, Teresa, Rubel and the Org which I'm counting as one).

I'm taking them as fact, as is. If I'm proven wrong, then I'm proven wrong, but I think I have more then enough to have my own standpoint on this matter wheras you really don't seem to have one at all since you're just attacking my sources .
Quote:
Other way around shieky. other way around. :P I am the one saying what you say are facts, aren't. You are not seeing me elevate things to facts that aren't
Oh come on, from me misconcieving things, failing to grasp a concept, to you going back and forth about what's credible and what's not, particularly about Teresa, don't try to act all innocent now!

Gangsta, if you want to continue this discussion, let's move it to the Teresa vs Priscilla thread where it belongs.

===

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB
An Abyssal One crying? Hell yeah, I was surprised.
And extremely amused
I'm telling you, Isley was crying on the side XDXD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless
How ya doing new best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki
mm something tells me we might need Teresa again, in non-physical form, maybe as an image of some sort in the future.
I kind of have this idea that we will at the ending, like a vision or spirit thing. Sounds cliched, but I like it XDXD.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-11-03 at 00:18.
Old 2009-11-02, 21:10   Link #617
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Quote:
So many people to respond to - all making the same points...

When have I said that Teresa was not concerned about Priscilla as a potential threat? I merely said Teresa concluded she was stronger. Certainly letting Priscilla live was a risk - a risk her old self would not be willing to take but unfortunately her soft side was ready to take it. Being tempted to take Priscilla's head is not an admission of weakness though. Teresa never admitted being weaker than Priscilla.

Only 2 characters made comments to the effect that Priscilla, in time, could be stronger than Teresa - and neither were in a position to know. Irene admits to underestimating Teresa after making those statements, thereby invalidating her statements. And Rubel's conclusion is based of knowledge from the Org. And the purpose of Extra Chapter #1 is to show us that Teresa was actively hiding her real power from the Organization. We don't know why, but she was. So Rubel is in no position to know either.

As for being a threat vs being stronger, allow me to make an analogy.

In the board game 'go' there are skill rankings as follows:
(weakest) 30 kyu, 29 kyu .... 1 kyu, 1 dan, 2dan, ... 9 dan (strongest)

So let's consider a hypothetical 7 dan. It is said that their chance of beating a 6d in an even game is about 70%. If however, you are the same 7 dan, and your opponent is 1 dan, your chances of victory are about 100%. There's no point playing the game to see who wins - that's basically decided already. For kyu ranks? Forget about it - that's just a total waste of everyone's time. (That's the kind of frustrating game it is...)

Irene, Sophia, and Noel, are basically the low ranked players that can challenge Teresa as many times as they want and still lose. Teresa recognized Priscilla as a potential threat - of that there is no question. But that in itself does not mean that Priscilla is, or even could be, stronger. If the 7 dan vs 6 dan analogy holds, Teresa could mop the floor with Prscilla who has reached 100% of her potential 7 times out of 10. Problem is those 3 times out of ten she'd lose her life. Even 30% odds of death are something worth eliminating early - something her former self would do. But then, Priscilla wasn't 6 dan yet - but rather only had the potential to be 6 dan - so maybe Teresa thought she had time to deal with her later.

Spoiler for (I so wish the following fan made stuff was true though):

For me, Teresa's line, is not so much a declaration of eternal victory - because yes, there probably is a little bravado going on there - but a declaration that she believes that even in the event of a rematch, her odds of winning are still good (not certain, but good). This is why I conclude Teresa is stronger. Afterall, Teresa doesn't lie for no good reason.
Wow.. so good!!
Did you draw that ? Just wow
Old 2009-11-02, 21:12   Link #618
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
lol not likely but the teresa vs priscilla debate has gone on for years
.. oh .. wtf..
Old 2009-11-02, 21:14   Link #619
HegemonKhan
Banned

concurs with mosmos..

Cyclone,

very well thought out post !!!

great post !!
Old 2009-11-02, 21:31   Link #620
Joe_fh

First off it's my first time posting in a Claymore manga thread (And that's seriously strange considering this was the first manga I read ever and it's one of my favourites) so I'll just post what I liked in this chapter and then probably join your discussion. :lol:

The way I see things Prissy is way too powerfull at the moment which is qutie scary and even the 7 ghost are as good as dead if she finds them. Not that They stood much of a chance in this situation.

The new chpter just turns everything around. Beth has the power of a No1 and is in her awakened form so she should be on par with the strongest 3 (which are now 1 which is half dead ) and Priscilla just "wasted" her without even lifting a finger. And saying "I have no inereset in weak babies like you" made my day. I mean how srong is she. It's insane.
Sure Teressa killed off an awakened No1 without using almost any power but Prissy took it to a whole new level.
I also noticed she grew taller but that was probably because she is now in full contorl of her powers. And since even without eating for so long she still has so much power it's not a big deal to control her form. Every awakened can to that so I think it doesn't even need any attention.

Another thing was that Riful seems almost dead. She took quite the hit from the "Rafaela/Luciela thing" (any idea how should I call it? ) from the abyss feaders and on top of that she's fighting a No1. I'm wondering how she's even still alive but considering all the other abyssal ones are gone she's the only one with the ability to think. I aslo like her character since she seems to be the smartest of the big 3 and not only that but she was also the one with mosth depth from those 3. The scene when she was crying felt really touching for me and I must agree with Ryus that Yagi always shows deaths as something very human, terrifying and tragic. Really added to her character and showed she was still a person afraid of death depite being an awekened and all that goes with it.

About the person Pricilla was talkinga bout - I can only guess (like there was something I could say for certain )For me it would make most sense to be Teresa not Raki or anyone else. Then again she said man in the translation so I'm no sure but it wouldn't makre much sense otherwise. Guess I'll wait for a second oppinion on the translation or read those 30 pages and look for it at one point.

Next option was Raki but he was with her just hours ago so I'd pass on that option as well. I think he was the one that helped her stay calm for the most part but now that she's back she wouldn't really need him Except to eat him which is still an option. Maybe there is something more to his character that we don't know about yet. Now that I think about it Pricilla seems way more confident and sane than she did when she first awakened.

The other man I can think of is Isley but I'm almost certain it's not him since well if she considers Beth a "stupid kid" he wasn't really that much more powerfull so she doesn't really need him at this point nor was it ever mentioned that he gave some sort fo smell that was important or nostlagic or any at all. And for all we know he's dead so I'll go with the Teresa option. We'll see though...in a month or so. It could be even someone else I can't think of now.

There's that issue with Alicia/Beth and Riful and how things will go there but that's only speculation and I'm too tired for it right now.

Seriously though Yagi always pulls it off. Every chapter when you're expecting to see something go one way something else happens and everything changes. Really leaves you asking for more every time.

Seems I'm a bit off from the topic of the dicussion though
Guess I'll ahve to write something ont Pricilla vs Teresa later but I think there was another thread for that.
Closed Thread