Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 00:39   Link #1561
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Yes, there are too much frames in that whole sequence. It would be more of a minimovie rather than a gif.

It's feasible, but as for all full screen sequences (meaning that they can't be cropped because they take everything from left to right) once resized it comes out with a very low height value. Like this:

In this one I had to cut the subs because I don't have a subless version, but even if I had, there wouldn't have been much difference (just a few pixels more, almost unnoticeable).
Ah, I imagined this would be the case but just wanted to see how the end product would look like. I can't thank you enough for putting up with me Either way, I believe it's better if I stick with my current avatar since you did nail the look of determination I'll still be keeping the new avatar even if it is kind of small Thanks again, it's much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
The problem is if he went after her *because* she looks like Wakaba who is gone. It's like going after a ghost. It's just the complete wrong reason. Better to either try and see what the future holds with Aoba or start anew.
Just to elaborate on this further. I don't think Akane would be very happy with Kou's reasons either. I can imagine that Akane would want Kou to fall in love with her, Akane. Not Wakaba. The future is determined by how you live in the present, not the past.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-11-03 at 01:50.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 04:38   Link #1562
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

It seems that Kou realized that he was treating Akane as Wakaba's ghost when he met her parents and realized that they were different people. It's pretty obvious that he turned down their invitation to join them since he began to feel awkward in that situation.

It's interesting to note that Akane didn't introduce herself or even bring up that Kou didn't either until they met her parents. It's like they already have some sort of connection between themselves that goes beyond spoken words.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 06:00   Link #1563
poko-kun

think if you were a girl, would you still in love with your boyfriend when you know that he's dating you because you are exactly look alike his ex?
Old 2009-11-03, 06:07   Link #1564
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episode 31

Actually I watched it yesterday morning too (because otherwise how could I enter this thread?) but one thing is when I watch anime on my pc, another is when I watch them on tv, which I did on the evening. In the latter I can reflect much more on what's going on, more so if it's a second play.

What an emotional rollercoaster this episode was. I cannot help but focusing my thoughts on Kou. Despite all that happened, he always remained his usual self, calm, responsible, reflexive, always keeping it all inside. The overall feeling is that his shield is starting to crumble, but probably when he realized the sense of fragility he didn't do anything unnecessary (not following Akane, who's still a stranger after all). It seems that his good rationale self is still there as of now.

The dream sequence, as others said, perhaps wasn't necessary, but served to show how immediately Kou has accepted the presence of an "high schooler Wakaba who's not Wakaba". Dreams are elaborations of what your eyes see and your mind record, it should be surprising to dream of someone you've just met because the mind needs a little while in the process of bringing it to a meta-world like a dream. Unless the mind itself can connect and associate the new person to someone who already was in your long term memory. Long story short, it took a second for Kou to (even unconsciously) accept Akane. What's left to see is how much of Wakaba and how much of the actual Akane Kou sees in this new girl.
I don't think Kou would fall for Akane because of her look, he still doesn't know her, even if hints would seem to suggest she's a good girl as well. But no surprises if he'll be confused for at least a little while. The whole wall of happenings was really too much to swallow all in once.

Momiji's jab at Kou an his reaction were an epic scene, in which you can convey so much with so little spoken words. Spot on, literally.

Aoba had quite an hard time too in this episode, as she kept seeing "ghosts" (when she went shopping too), not exactly understanding what was going on (plus going out with Mizuki shouldn't be her greatest wish as well). The revelation came for everyone at the very end, so we couldn't see its real effects. But looking at the next episode preview, I'm guessing Aoba and Akane will get along. And while on the surface it would seem that Akane is an element who can potentially break Kou and Aoba apart again, I'm willing to think it's the other way around, and that she'll have an important role in breaking the unspeakable taboo fallen upon the two of them 6 years ago.

Who had it tough was also Akaishi, a guy whose pains for Wakaba's death weren't shown as clearly as the main characters. In the ending theme it appears clear he has now his eyes set on Akane, and since I cannot see for Kou a girl who's not Aoba, perhaps Akaishi and Akane might be a good solution. Although, until Akane's personality isn't fully disclosed, and what her impact on the community will be, these thoughts are maybe a bit premature.
Old 2009-11-03, 11:13   Link #1565
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Akane could easily become a vehicle of misdirection. It would be easy of course to use her as a plot device for Kou to simply act out his repressed longing emotions for Wakaba of the past now that someone who looks like her has arrived. It would be easy to throw away everything he and Aoba have gone through since her death by falling for her simply because she looks like her. This would degenerate the plot into a simple melodrama of mistaken identities, repressed desires, emotional breakdowns and the like.

Or, as I see things so far, see Akane as the physical manifestation of everything Aoba, Kou and to a lesser extent Akaishi have been refusing to truly express aside from the occassional reference to her that is never really discussed further than mentioning her name and her dream. Other than that, none of the characters really ever talk about her besides the past tense reference.

And yet with her appearance they immediately see figments of Wakaba despite the fact that this is a different person altogether. It begs the question that they should ask themselves: "Why am I seeing Wakaba instead of Akane?" At that point the characters already know this isn't her, but they see a Wakaba instead of an Akane. This speaks volumes on the fact that they have not yet truly moved on. The fact that someone looks like her has appeared, and they still find it difficult to seperate the Wakaba of the past from the Akane of the present, means that something very large and somewhat ominous inside them remains unresolved. In other words, Akane's presence demands of them to seriously face the issue of her death they've avoided facing and speaking off for almost 6 years.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 12:30   Link #1566
king12354

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Akane could easily become a vehicle of misdirection. It would be easy of course to use her as a plot device for Kou to simply act out his repressed longing emotions for Wakaba of the past now that someone who looks like her has arrived. It would be easy to throw away everything he and Aoba have gone through since her death by falling for her simply because she looks like her. This would degenerate the plot into a simple melodrama of mistaken identities, repressed desires, emotional breakdowns and the like.

Or, as I see things so far, see Akane as the physical manifestation of everything Aoba, Kou and to a lesser extent Akaishi have been refusing to truly express aside from the occassional reference to her that is never really discussed further than mentioning her name and her dream. Other than that, none of the characters really ever talk about her besides the past tense reference.

And yet with her appearance they immediately see figments of Wakaba despite the fact that this is a different person altogether. It begs the question that they should ask themselves: "Why am I seeing Wakaba instead of Akane?" At that point the characters already know this isn't her, but they see a Wakaba instead of an Akane. This speaks volumes on the fact that they have not yet truly moved on. The fact that someone looks like her has appeared, and they still find it difficult to seperate the Wakaba of the past from the Akane of the present, means that something very large and somewhat ominous inside them remains unresolved. In other words, Akane's presence demands of them to seriously face the issue of her death they've avoided facing and speaking off for almost 6 years.
Swing and a miss. I think you're missing one more element.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 15:27   Link #1567
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

So I went and made a couple of Azuma avatars. If Reckoner or any other Azuma fan wants to use an animated avatar of him, here it is.

Same as the first one, but reversed.

Also made 1 of Aoba and 2 of the couple Momiji/Nomo.

Feel free take anything you like.
Old 2009-11-03, 19:38   Link #1568
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
So I went and made a couple of Azuma avatars. If Reckoner or any other Azuma fan wants to use an animated avatar of him, here it is.

Same as the first one, but reversed.

Why thank you! I will take the third one.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 19:53   Link #1569
CWW
Lurker

Yoink. Thanks, Pellissier!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 20:16   Link #1570
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:

I got the Aoba one. Thank you Pellissier! They look great!
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:22   Link #1571
apropervillain

Anyone know the name and artist of ED 3? Song is stuck in my head.
apropervillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:48   Link #1572
poko-kun

may i request for an avatar of aoba as a pitcher in girls team? she was awesome in that episode.
Old 2009-11-03, 22:02   Link #1573
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

has anyone posted a avatar of kou in a kitamura sports jacket? just wondering...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 00:32   Link #1574
Theowne
耳をすませば

This is a great episode. In fact, I have some added respect for Adachi for going with such a route. I mean, this plot device used in most stories would have fallen flat on its face, but it was done here so well that I didn't realize it until after the episode finished.

Great use of background music from beginning to end. I don't think a series has ever carved itself such a recognizable soundscape since Honey and Clover.

Now just resembling Wakaba I think is a paper-thin reason to introduce conflict, but it seems likely that Akane will also have a very endearing, perhaps Wakaba-like personality and there will probably be a whole confusion in Kou's mind as he partly sees Akane for who she is and partly sees her under Wakaba-colored glasses.

Quote:
Come on, she's his dream girl or more correctly she's the exact image of her. He may regret it for the rest of his life if he doesn't take the opportunity to at least try to get along with her.
I don't really understand this. It's like saying that if a man's wife dies, he can substitute her with her twin sister. Just resembling Wakaba doesn't mean they are anything like each other. Wakaba was an individual with separate experiences and a shared past with Kou. He might be shocked initially because of her appearance but I just don't see her being a major barrier between the two leads. More of a catalyst, I think.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:13   Link #1575
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
may i request for an avatar of aoba as a pitcher in girls team? she was awesome in that episode.
Done

Old 2009-11-04, 07:25   Link #1576
poko-kun

Quote:
Done

lovely! thanks so much.
Old 2009-11-04, 08:43   Link #1577
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I don't really understand this. It's like saying that if a man's wife dies, he can substitute her with her twin sister. Just resembling Wakaba doesn't mean they are anything like each other. Wakaba was an individual with separate experiences and a shared past with Kou. He might be shocked initially because of her appearance but I just don't see her being a major barrier between the two leads. More of a catalyst, I think.
Kou isn't married to anyone. He can date whoever he wants. It's that he still has lingering feelings for Wakaba that he can't or doesn't want to commit a relationship. It's been painfully obvious during the show. Aoba can't shake off his feelings, she can barely stop thinking about Wakaba herself. Only Ichiyo has tried to 'heal' Kou.

Akane's purpose is to let Kou realize that he has to move on. That there's a whole world open to him. Yes, that means she and Kou should get acquainted, which won't be too hard since they're neighbours. No, that doesn't mean they should get married and have kids. That isn't what I meant with my prior post.

So, yes, she is the catalyst. The only problem is that she looks like Wakaba which makes it difficult to forget about the past, but at the same time it's also what sparked their interest and ties them together. Hopefully Kou and Aoba will realize she is different and move on.
Old 2009-11-04, 09:21   Link #1578
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Kou isn't married to anyone. He can date whoever he wants. It's that he still has lingering feelings for Wakaba that he can't or doesn't want to commit a relationship. It's been painfully obvious during the show. Aoba can't shake off his feelings, she can barely stop thinking about Wakaba herself. Only Ichiyo has tried to 'heal' Kou.

Akane's purpose is to let Kou realize that he has to move on. That there's a whole world open to him. Yes, that means she and Kou should get acquainted, which won't be too hard since they're neighbours. No, that doesn't mean they should get married and have kids. That isn't what I meant with my prior post.

So, yes, she is the catalyst. The only problem is that she looks like Wakaba which makes it difficult to forget about the past, but at the same time it's also what sparked their interest and ties them together. Hopefully Kou and Aoba will realize she is different and move on.
Momiji is doing her best too.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 09:25   Link #1579
CWW
Lurker

Have you seen her in the latest episode? Clearly she wants him all to herself.
Old 2009-11-04, 12:12   Link #1580
SagaraSouske

Momiji is more like Wakaba then Aoba is.

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports