AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 39 27.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 40.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 18.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.08%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-04, 05:29   Link #161
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I would think that the clouds gave a big hint...

Spoiler for clouds:

Anyway, not understanding any of the dialogue, I surprisingly followed what was going on...
Lol good one i didn't noticed that too XD
Old 2009-11-04, 06:54   Link #162
neshru

Quite underwhelmed by this episode. Too many scenes seemed to be there just to waste time and slow things down, as they weren't really funny, interesting or important. Not enough to bore me, but this was probably the weakest episode yet.
Old 2009-11-04, 07:31   Link #163
Pachael
原作通り

It was probably impossible to top Ep12 (for now). 8 points for effort.
Old 2009-11-04, 07:43   Link #164
goddessofwings

subs are out
Old 2009-11-04, 09:23   Link #165
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I usually try to watch the new episodes in RAW even if I come short at comprehending the dialogues, but for whatever reason I watched the sub by gg for my first viewing. I must say that I'm a bit annoyed at the liberties taken with the editing. Then again, gg's editing always got to me. Right... moving on.

Watching the web episode encode took me back in time when such used to be considered the superior quality. We are really spoiled these days. Content wise the episode was lacking the oomph factor we have to come expect with this series on a consistent basis. About the last 3 minutes or so did it feel like a typical Bakemonogatari episode. Even Senjougahara's words were lacking in bites. It's as if the seiyuus are already in the this-is-over mode and were barely trying. I don't exactly know how to say it, but the episode wasn't as impressive as to how the dialogues were delivered. This might indeed be the weakest episode for this series.

The episode still had its moment when the gimmicks are overlooked. The Shinobou factor is always intriguing. What was she doing out there as seen by Mayoi. The announcement by Oshino that time is running out for him is also another curious element.
Old 2009-11-04, 09:39   Link #166
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I usually try to watch the new episodes in RAW even if I come short at comprehending the dialogues, but for whatever reason I watched the sub by gg for my first viewing. I must say that I'm a bit annoyed at the liberties taken with the editing. Then again, gg's editing always got to me. Right... moving on.

Watching the web episode encode took me back in time when such used to be considered the superior quality. We are really spoiled these days. Content wise the episode was lacking the oomph factor we have to come expect with this series on a consistent basis. About the last 3 minutes or so did it feel like a typical Bakemonogatari episode. Even Senjougahara's words were lacking in bites. It's as if the seiyuus are already in the this-is-over mode and were barely trying. I don't exactly know how to say it, but the episode wasn't as impressive as to how the dialogues were delivered. This might indeed be the weakest episode for this series.

The episode still had its moment when the gimmicks are overlooked. The Shinobou factor is always intriguing. What was she doing out there as seen by Mayoi. The announcement by Oshino that time is running out for him is also another curious element.
Huh ?

In every work you have highs and lows.

Just like the weather... there are periods of calm before the storm.

I see no lack of interest in the voice actors.

Mayoi was top notch as usual.

Hanekawa was presidential and straight backed as ususal.

Koyomi was pleasantly different and so was Hitagi.

They had a more "we are an item vibe" going now.

Considering the two of them are just recovering from an intense night together. From real life experience that is kind of normal.

It is typical after a hot date to try and be cool headed the day after.

Oshino sounded annoyed with Koyomi the whole bloody time.

I don't do gg subs if I can help it since they are very lazy at times... they probable wanted to just spit this out and go back to playing Aion. They really do not care about this series anymore. Its too dialog heavy and boring for them.

In fact most of the fan-sub groups hated doing Bakemonogatari. It puts too much pressure on their linguistic skills. Skills that are often just college level at best... and I don't think any of them are literature students who read enough Japanese and English novels to help them be effective T/L Ed's and Q/A

Lets just say these guys hate literature.
Old 2009-11-04, 09:50   Link #167
zato_1one

It's just a build up episode. I don't have any problem except that I don't quite get the radio joke.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:03   Link #168
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
It's just a build up episode. I don't have any problem except that I don't quite get the radio joke.
Which part of it that you don't get?
Old 2009-11-04, 10:22   Link #169
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Content wise the episode was lacking the oomph factor we have to come expect with this series on a consistent basis. I don't exactly know how to say it, but the episode wasn't as impressive as to how the dialogues were delivered.
exactly. It kinda felt like they ran out of inspiration, and they tried to mimic the style that made the previous episodes great but couldn't pull it off.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:33   Link #170
zato_1one

I'm not sure who are "they" you've mentioned? I think that this episode should just exactly like in the novel (the same as in all previous episodes). When you said lack of inspiration, do you mean the author himself or seiyuu or Shaft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Which part of it that you don't get?
It's probably because I never play the card game they're talking about. My thought is the same as Hanekawa. I don't get if it is supposed to be funny or not.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:47   Link #171
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I'm not sure who are "they" you've mentioned? I think that this episode should just exactly like in the novel (the same as in all previous episodes). When you said lack of inspiration, do you mean the author himself or seiyuu or Shaft?
Shaft of course. As far as I know, the guy that wrote the novels has nothing to do with the direction of anime episodes, and the voice actors just work with the script that is given to them. I'm talking about the people responsible for the anime adaptation of Bakemonogatari.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:53   Link #172
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So any news for the next ep ?
Old 2009-11-04, 11:10   Link #173
Miraluka
Banned

Mayoi + Hanekawa = 10/10 nuff said XD.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:33   Link #174
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Btw, Araragi might have lost some manly points when he was getting off his bike:

If I didn't know better he was ripping a couple of winds...

One capture from the ending song also caught my fancy...

How cute!
Old 2009-11-04, 11:50   Link #175
aulzon

I think the oomph factor was probably down to the fact that the episode wasn't in HD. There's a noticeable difference between watching things in stream quality and HD quality. Especially in an anime like Bakemonogatari.
Old 2009-11-04, 12:18   Link #176
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I thought it was still a great episode. Of course not as great as ep 12, but the dialogue was still there. Mainly with Hanekawa though and not Senjougahara. Don't really have a problem with it though.

9/10.
Old 2009-11-04, 12:22   Link #177
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
I think the oomph factor was probably down to the fact that the episode wasn't in HD. There's a noticeable difference between watching things in stream quality and HD quality. Especially in an anime like Bakemonogatari.
I do not think that is it.

Most people watched the episodes from any number of anime streaming sites or youtube.

On these sites the default certainly won't be in HD for the most part (unless the user selects it) and even so it is not as good as a 720p or greater.

These users may also lack the desire to download the HD files, or perhaps they do not have the CPU+GPU+Monitor power to watch, even if they did.

They wait on the SD files instead.

Ergo the idea that it is the visual element is very debatable and I disagree.

Too many variables exist in context of visual display to come to such a conclusion.

This episode was simply quiescent.

It did not make any waves but merely functioned as a lead in episode.

Using momentum from the previous 12 in a form of cruise control to save energy for the crescendo and ultimately the climax of the next two episodes in this arc.

I mean I felt the same way about episode 4 (Mayoi arc) then they hit me with Episode 5 (Mayoi arc).

I realized that in order to thrill and audience, even a roller coaster has to have "oomph free" sections of track.

You get a sense of calm, a lull, and then snap !

Once again you get hit with a thrill.

At least in literature that is how were taught to do it... and I suppose in film school they teach film makers the same concept.

It just amazes me how audiences do not realize that this is what is being done to them.
Old 2009-11-04, 12:37   Link #178
Zetsubo
著述遮断

By the way... you do realize that Hanekawa is not as fun for Araragi as is Hitagi ?

Even Mayoi is more fun.

Tsubasa is really a stiff shirt kind of girl...
Spoiler for 1:
when it was an emergency situation.

There are, in real life, some women who generate a vibe that does not inspire a man to do "perverted" things to them. They exude very little sexual energy toward the men they like and lets face it... sex appeal is a huge factor in most romantic relationships.

The cat persona of Hanekawa is the full pendulum swing of her suppressive personality.
The wild side that she should let out in small doses regularly instead of caging it and letting it build up to such a dangerous level.

What does she do for fun ?

She listens to weird radio jokes ?

She reminds me of a girl I dated... To her I was very polite gentleman like. She carried a regal and queenly aura around her.

One day the damn broke... she told me she wanted me to talk dirty to her, pull her hair, slap her butt... (within the context of sex) Behind closed doors she was a different woman but struggled to let me know that she did not want a situation where I was always treating her as a goddess not to be touched with my dirty hands.

She did not want my respect for her to override my lust. Point blank she told me she wanted me to have the same amount of lust for her as I have respect and to let her know it.

To not suppress myself and my urges as she does to herself.

Hanekawa is worse than that... and lost Koyomi.

Hitagi is a pervert, Koyomi is a pervert.

Tsubasa is a clinical psychologist and polymath professor... there is no other 'P' word to her is there ?

Which pairings do you think match ?

Like it or not Hitagi used sex appeal and perversion where Hanekawa failed to... and guess what... if Hanekawa had used sex appeal and perversion Hitagi would never have stood a chance.

Just look at Hanekawas body for crying out loud !

Anyway... people think of you how you actively want them to think of you. Hanekawa was very passive and did not actively adjust Koyomi's thoughts of her. Can't sue her for that... after all... She doesn't know everything.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:01   Link #179
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Hmm. Funny. When this show got so much praise earlier, I honestly was not too impressed with the show. Entertaining, but not totally groundbreaking. I guess I'm too jaded to be affected by sharp writing alone. But in episode 13, the more down to earth feel of the discussion actually made me like this one over some of the past episodes. I'm also not exactly sure what the allure of Tsubasa is, but I actually like her cloying attitude.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:17   Link #180
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
By the way... you do realize that Hanekawa is not as fun for Araragi as is Hitagi ?

Even Mayoi is more fun.

Tsubasa is really a stiff shirt kind of girl...
Spoiler for 1:
when it was an emergency situation.

There are, in real life, some women who generate a vibe that does not inspire a man to do "perverted" things to them. They exude very little sexual energy toward the men they like and lets face it... sex appeal is a huge factor in most romantic relationships.

The cat persona of Hanekawa is the full pendulum swing of her suppressive personality.
The wild side that she should let out in small doses regularly instead of caging it and letting it build up to such a dangerous level.

What does she do for fun ?

She listens to weird radio jokes ?

She reminds me of a girl I dated... To her I was very polite gentleman like. She carried a regal and queenly aura around her.

One day the damn broke... she told me she wanted me to talk dirty to her, pull her hair, slap her butt... (within the context of sex) Behind closed doors she was a different woman but struggled to let me know that she did not want a situation where I was always treating her as a goddess not to be touched with my dirty hands.

She did not want my respect for her to override my lust. Point blank she told me she wanted me to have the same amount of lust for her as I have respect and to let her know it.

To not suppress myself and my urges as she does to herself.

Hanekawa is worse than that... and lost Koyomi.

Hitagi is a pervert, Koyomi is a pervert.

Tsubasa is a clinical psychologist and polymath professor... there is no other 'P' word to her is there ?

Which pairings do you think match ?

Like it or not Hitagi used sex appeal and perversion where Hanekawa failed to... and guess what... if Hanekawa had used sex appeal and perversion Hitagi would never have stood a chance.

Just look at Hanekawas body for crying out loud !

Anyway... people think of you how you actively want them to think of you. Hanekawa was very passive and did not actively adjust Koyomi's thoughts of her. Can't sue her for that... after all... She doesn't know everything.
I know you've been following the novel spoilers, so the way she IS, like Hitagi, is because of her family's issues. Poor girl been through as much trauma as Hitagi though in a different sense. There's just no way to compare her to Hitagi like that.

However, I just think blaming Koyomi's the best thing to do since he's such a dimwit and pervert.
Closed Thread