AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 08:37   Link #1
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Gundam SEED Astray MSV Commercials

watched the two 5-minutes Gundam SEED Astray MSV Commercials, I have to say that I like Blue Frame more than Red Frame. Also Blue Frame Second L and Sword Calamity look simply soooo cool

The pilots for the experimental CGUE in Red Frame and high mobility GINN in Blue Frame are supposed to be Shiho and Mihail (??), too bad we don't see their faces in the commercials...

Spoiler for screens:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 09:33   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
The pilots for the experimental CGUE in Red Frame and high mobility GINN in Blue Frame are supposed to be Shiho and Mihail (??), too bad we don't see their faces in the commercials...
I doubt they are the pilots since the pilots of those suits suck in the two shorts (those people are supposed to be aces after all).

But yeah, very nice. I like how well the personalities of the characters in the manga translated into this.
Old 2004-07-30, 10:41   Link #3
dreamless

well, Miguel was also an ace but he got so easily killed by Kira who pilotted an MS for the first time... I guess aces mean nothing when going up against main protagonists

I can't believe that little girl at the bridge is only 6 years old
Old 2004-07-30, 11:03   Link #4
Silver_Scorcher

Damn! Where did you guys see this? Is it shown after part 2 of the 2nd SEED special edition? I always thought Blue Frame 2nd looked cool, and it looks like I haven't been proven wrong. I guess Gold Frame Amatu & the Regenerate Gundam aren't in these. Too bad, cuz they look cool too. Why is it that the best looking Mobile Suits get left out of the actual series!!??
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 11:38   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Damn! Where did you guys see this? Is it shown after part 2 of the 2nd SEED special edition? I always thought Blue Frame 2nd looked cool, and it looks like I haven't been proven wrong. I guess Gold Frame Amatu & the Regenerate Gundam aren't in these. Too bad, cuz they look cool too. Why is it that the best looking Mobile Suits get left out of the actual series!!??
As far as I know the only place (other than on the internet) to see this is in hobby stores in Japan. However since someone ripped it and put it on various places (p2p, BT, etc) it is now accessible...

And Lowe is no Kira... He fights well against regular grunts but is generally no match for the more powerful foes (he leaves those for Gai to fight). It's not like the regular Astray Red Frame is that powerful either. Equipment-wise it's not that much better than a regular M1 Astray.
Old 2004-07-30, 11:50   Link #6
dreamless

well, Lowe and Red Frame reminds me of the Mobile Fighter G Gundam... with all those martials arts, swordsmanship and energy balls and his gerbera straight katana is really into the realm of surreality

Surely Lowe is no professional soldier (Kira is no pro neither), but he has much more survival experiences and street smarts than Kira... that showed in how he defeated that CGUE, he used the landscape to his advantage and use the backpack as decoy... Kira likes to fight fair and square, while Lowe just use whatever at his hands... also 8 is a very smart AI

I guess Shiho just got caught off guard by Lowe's unorthodoxical way of fighting... And Mihail was unlucky to fall into the merc's well-planned trap...(anyway I think Shiho was the only pilot for that experimental CGUE at that time?)
Old 2004-07-30, 14:37   Link #7
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get this on BT or IRC? <.<
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 08:30   Link #8
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get this on BT or IRC? <.<
http://www.torrentbox.com/torrents-d...?id=6833&hit=1
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 09:45   Link #9
Rizzler
Banned

a n00b question :P is Gundam SEED Astray coming as anime now?
Rizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 12:20   Link #10
dreamless

so far there's no word on Astray as a full anime series. MSV means Mobile Suits Variations, which are all kinds of different MS models. so in MSV you see all kinds of different MS models ever developed that's not seen in the series, it's mostly there for selling models... Astray is some stories happened in the GS universe that surely helps to the understanding of some of the events in SEED anime series (like how Kira got to the Teacher's house after Aegis' self-destruction, and what that yellow ship appeared in ep47)

BTW, some "engrish" shots
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-31, 12:39   Link #11
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
Thx man =)
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 13:52   Link #12
Rizzler
Banned

is it allowed to ask where to get astray manga?
Rizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 01:55   Link #13
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzler
is it allowed to ask where to get astray manga?
A book store. TokyoPop is releasing them.

Also, can a few people please jump on and seed it for a bit? Only got one seed now with 4 KB/s.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 11:20   Link #14
Silver_Scorcher

While the video quality ain't all that good, I think overall the animation in this is a little better than SEED's. Lowe's fight scene with those CGUE's & the DEEP ARMS CGUE had to have been IMO one of the best fight scenes I've seen in Gundam SEED period. And the way he use's the Gerbera Straight... Damn! Man, they could've atleast made this into an OVA series. The manga's pretty good too, and I can't wait for the 2nd volume. Now all that's left is the blue frame promo...
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 11:53   Link #15
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
While the video quality ain't all that good, I think overall the animation in this is a little better than SEED's. Lowe's fight scene with those CGUE's & the DEEP ARMS CGUE had to have been IMO one of the best fight scenes I've seen in Gundam SEED period. And the way he use's the Gerbera Straight... Damn! Man, they could've atleast made this into an OVA series. The manga's pretty good too, and I can't wait for the 2nd volume. Now all that's left is the blue frame promo...
It might be becuase these are only six minutes long whilst SEED is... a lot more hours long.

But the Deep Arms looks great. I want one.

It was also nice to see some GuAIZ slaughter some Strike Daggers.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 14:08   Link #16
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
hey wehre do you get that ?? i have the first 2 pictures but the other two pictures i don't have it... the version i have was only red astry with wolf beam saber thing fighting some zaft soilder then some other mobile suit came on some flying thing and kept chasing the astry... red astry kills the flying thing and it's over where do you get the 2nd part of it...
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 15:43   Link #17
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A
hey wehre do you get that ?? i have the first 2 pictures but the other two pictures i don't have it... the version i have was only red astry with wolf beam saber thing fighting some zaft soilder then some other mobile suit came on some flying thing and kept chasing the astry... red astry kills the flying thing and it's over where do you get the 2nd part of it...
Did you skip Panon's post??
O_Oiii
Both version are in there.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote