Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 23:40   Link #41
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
....my name doesn't come from a tree. And it doesn't come from the African American documentary either for that matter.
LOL! And my name certainly doesn't come from the Windows Media Player Visualization (I've been asked that so many times, I could pass out). As for the addiction, I'm actually praying that it'll wane. I start college in less than a month, and I certainly can't do anything with these forums nagging me. I started up here when I started D/Ling anime late Sr. yr. in HS, since there really wasn't that much left to do following college apps. (and now... I'm addicted...) I can only hope that since BitTorrent is out of the question in college, I'll slow down or possibly take a break. I managed to pull off a month's worth during AP/ IB/ finals testing season...
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 00:30   Link #42
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Hmm .. i want to make a guess for root's nick :P

Root's nick could be a meaning for the beginning of everything. Because everything has a "root" a point where it started.
And it can be interpreted to Linux .. hehe .. root / system admin

...my guess - and even if its wrong, i guess im still closer than a treeroot XD
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:15   Link #43
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Are we making guesses at the origins of my nickname now?

Biohazard, you are unfortunately incorrect, although that guess is a lot more cool sounding than the real origins of my nick.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:28   Link #44
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins

Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Quote:
Are we making guesses at the origins of my nickname now?

Biohazard, you are unfortunately incorrect, although that guess is a lot more cool sounding than the real origins of my nick.
I bet roots is your real nick name
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:58   Link #45
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I almost wish I was burnt out from this place. I've been here a little over a year now and the addiction has only grown. I don't even really post in the anime forums that much anymore, just general chat and....well mostly general chat. I wish I could stop myself though because I seriously eat up too much time of my day reading and posting here, and it reduces my productivity. I'm anticipating a drop-off in my activity once I start grad school next month (*DUN DUN DUNHHHHH*) and adjust to my new life.

As long as we are talking about missing members, what ever happened to Lanimoo? She's been gone since May I think and left without warning.
oh i'm here now ^_^!! I've been surfing, and working at Vans Skate Shop in Hawaii. I have another month till I head off to University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. ^_^
new pic of a terrestial SURF POSE!! o.O!!:
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 03:42   Link #46
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Wow, a Post A Photo of Yourself thread!

Never see you on IRC anymore, Lanimoo...

My nick is different there
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 08:47   Link #47
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
oh i'm here now ^_^!! I've been surfing, and working at Vans Skate Shop in Hawaii. I have another month till I head off to University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. ^_^
new pic of a terrestial SURF POSE!! o.O!!:
Yeah....a Wolverine fan. Go Blue!!! Nice to see you again Lanimoo.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 09:30   Link #48
7thMethuselah

Addicted or bored? A little of both depending on the time. Sometimes I hardly post for a week or so, and then I post 20 msg a day, all depends on my mood and on what I'm doing. I do check out the forums at least once a day, but don't always post. So I guess I am addicted to it in a way. And (compared to many many other forums) discussion is actually possible without flame wars however.

The one thing I try to stay away from are series subforums, they tend to be a giant collection of spoilers (even in the thread titles at times ). Apart from that I post a bit in all forums (except the tech support forum as I ain't no computer wizard )
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 15:19   Link #49
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
well, I'm a senior member and I'm not really burnt out on the forums . Of course I don't post that much (in my opinion)...like 1-3 posts day. Usually I only stay in certain areas of the site and then sometimes only in specific threads.

I like general chat and fan art mostly. Though I wish fan art section was a little more active sometimes... I skip over a lot of threads though. Either the title has to appeal to me or the name of the thread starter is a poster that I like. Roots, Cammie, Tzurial are usually people I keep my eyes peeled for because they usually have insightful or amusing posts... I also have users whose threads I usually stay away from, but I won't mention their names.

So, I guess as long as I steer myself toward threads/posts I find interesting I probably won't get burnt out for a while.

It probably helps also that I stay away from the Naruto forum too.

edit: oh yeah. and that rcxAsh guy, he's pretty cool too. I guess as some of the older members I like leave other ones come in too.

ok...I think I had a point when I started typing this post, but it's degenerated into rambling so I'll end it ---here, no wait wait --here.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 17:10   Link #50
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Yeah, a bunch of cool people like Lanimoo aren't around for various reasons... (P3PSI, Tzurial, nak, JAppi, etc)
oooook, now I need to join in the group hug!

I lo-ove this forum! I wouldn't consider myself burnt out, but during the summer Ive kinda slowed down on downloading anime and getting online and going up stairs and it has most definitely affected my forum posting. Only a couple more weeks till I will be expected to be awake the majority of the day T_T Im excited..really

Roots name comes from that trendy canadian store..am I right or AM I RIGHT?
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 17:58   Link #51
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Roots name comes from that trendy canadian store..am I right or AM I RIGHT?
You are....right. When I was 14 (a freshman in high school) my dad lived in Canada and got me this long-sleeved t-shirt that said "ROOTS" in really wide letters. I liked it a lot, and apparently so did everyone else because from then on everyone (including people I didn't even know) started calling me Roots. It was the first nickname I had that didn't poke fun at me or make me out to be a huge nerd ("the human calculator" comes to mind there...) so the name stuck and I like it a lot. I think there was already a thread about origins of our screen names and I posted this story in there, is that how you knew Tzurial?

Oh and thanks for enjoying my posts Vulkar. I strive to amuse and entertain.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 18:30   Link #52
Harogenki

Quote:
You are....right. When I was 14 (a freshman in high school) my dad lived in Canada and got me this long-sleeved t-shirt that said "ROOTS" in really wide letters. I liked it a lot, and apparently so did everyone else because from then on everyone (including people I didn't even know) started calling me Roots. It was the first nickname I had that didn't poke fun at me or make me out to be a huge nerd ("the human calculator" comes to mind there...) so the name stuck and I like it a lot. I think there was already a thread about origins of our screen names and I posted this story in there, is that how you knew Tzurial?

Oh and thanks for enjoying my posts Vulkar. I strive to amuse and entertain.
Ha i knew it was from a real nick name hahaha i won whoahahahaha blehhhh
Old 2004-08-01, 21:18   Link #53
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I simply can't afford to have that choice. I'm always logged on from my computer, and I'm far too lazy to click on "Log Out." What a sad, sad life I live. :'( I may never log out from this place... always forced to scan the boards and post for the rest of my life...
Don't feel bad...I'm in the same boat...err ...in a boat right beside you...

I'll never log out of this place cause like you...i'm to lazy to click the "Log Out" button...and not to mention that i forgot what my password was...and i'm too lazy to go through the minimal work of getting it sent to me by email

But yeah...i'm not as active as i was before...not as many interesting topics (although the few that i really liked were extremely funny) and it's all newer people around here now and older members that i liked just left (p3psi, Gaara11 and a couple others)

but at least I know Boney will never leave so i'm fine
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 21:23   Link #54
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Well I have noticed some of the senior members/regluars haven't been online. I also notice that Boney was gone for a few weeks, DarkZero well comes on when the moods strikes him and ato I finally saw him online, then theres my buddy dragonz20 Mr. controversy. All of these members seem to have some of the best post when debating. Ooooh! how I love to read a good debate. ** Except for ato hes been laying low for a while. I can name a few more but these are ones that come to mind first.
Well, guess the mood striked me Hmm, can't always come on like I use to, which was barely anyway, I'm busy now -_- And not too many topics spark much interested lately. Guess my mood has run out, off I go.
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 21:32   Link #55
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Well well... lookie lookie!!! Superchop and DarkZero came out of the wood work!

Last edited by Cammie; 2004-08-01 at 23:19. Reason: had something misspelled!! and DarkZero was rushing me!!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 21:37   Link #56
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Well well... lookie lookie!!! Superchop and DarkZero can out of the wood work!
Lol, just like ol' times...all 3 of us posted in the same thread

Hmm...does this mean that we'll start making a comeback and posting/debating more?

Spoiler for does it?!?!?!?!:
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 22:17   Link #57
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
I come around, on and off, here, occasionly I stop by general chat to see what kind of crackpot problem faces the anime community.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 22:25   Link #58
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

I feel burn out from work, but definitely not from Animesuki. Well I dont post that often but I have been on this forum long enough to recognize many of the regulars here. It's nice to see what debate is going on or to read about what people are saying about your fav. new series.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 23:27   Link #59
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

At least most of the regulars are still around. They are just lurking around the forum waiting for the lastest gossips/debates to start! You just know whos going to post on certain threads and whos gonna start an entertaining debate. LOL... and who gets offended quickly and whos light hearted (joker/likes to have fun). I can't forget the ones that have to post atleast once on almost every new thread.** wonders if the mods ever get tired?**

Last edited by Cammie; 2004-08-01 at 23:45. Reason: I had more to say. Forgot to check for spelling errors and grammer! gosh its late...
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 15:29   Link #60
Harogenki

I was bored with this place and was gone for 4 days researching alien stuff, playing Revolt and SOF2 and at the penny arcade forum and it was great, no offense but there isnt much action here plus we cant swear here