AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-06, 22:05   Link #1
GreatTeacherKen

Jojo-esque fight scenes

Recently I've become addicted to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure; the sheer creativity and outrageousness of its fight scenes, especially Part 2 onwards, astounds me. What impresses me the most is the reliance on intelligence; victory goes to the people who utilize the environment as well as the limitations and strengths of their own powers and their opponents' effectively.

So are there any other anime/manga with fight scenes like those seen in JJBA?
Old 2009-11-08, 08:10   Link #2
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
I've seen a couple of episodes from JJBA myself earlier this year. The fight scenes are kind've old animation compared to newer animation. So, I'd go for the original Hokuto no Ken series one and two first.

Other anime I'd suggest (not strongly though) are Baki the Grappler, s-CRY-ed and Needless (which is still airing, the manga is more violent).

Kenichi might be worth mentioning also.
Old 2009-11-08, 13:19   Link #3
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Most fights later on is like random fist throwing, much like DBZ and jojo(ORAORAORAORAORA!).
Old 2009-11-08, 17:20   Link #4
Troilism

Don't mean to hijack your thread but why do shows do this 0_0

Things always start of interesting/strategic where they explain what they are able to do (law of ueki, prince of tennis, kenichi as examples) but then turn into power struggles where there's no strategy but random crap going on...

Now I would try

Law of Ueki
Kenichi
Kekkaishi

Kekkaishi has some good character development for one character and some interesting power usages but a lot of rerun crap it feels like at times. Lawk of Ueki is imo very good but the end fights stop being so strategic compared to the beginning-mid area. Kenichi works in the same way. Interesting at the beginning-mid but the fights kind of die off the end despite being more actiony they just aren't as strategic or they don't really explain things well.
Closed Thread