AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-10, 13:59   Link #601
Lummie

Hmm pretty good episode. The fact that Seitokai involves drama but at same time shows some nice comedy is definitely a + for me. The drama shows character development and more depth to the characters without overdoing it, making it possible for viewers to approach the serie in serious way - not a bad thing.

They showed now some more interaction between Minatsu & Ken which was actually unexpected to me because they didn't act different from any student council member with each other at the beginning of the serie Although i prefer to know more about the other girls too, i support the relation between both

Plus like Mentar mentioned - That loli which name ain't worth remembering is really getting anoying. She acts too childish in a way i'm not able to the tears from flowing. She considers herself mature but if you want a good example of mature behavior, you should study Murasiki Kuhouin (7 years old) from Kure-nai. That girl alone puts half of Seitokai's council in the hall of shame.

Last edited by Lummie; 2009-11-10 at 14:36.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 19:32   Link #602
Solafighter
Hige

Great episode.

Very looking forward to the next one.
Old 2009-11-10, 21:32   Link #603
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I really liked the subtle plot at the end about ken.

My theory was that Ken loved 2 girls at the same time and wanted to make both happy. In the end, he gave up and in order to make both happy, he had to push them both someone else, sacrificing himself instead.

Then he met minatsu who possess exceptional fighting spirit and wanted to be like her. And due to her speech, he really aimed for the impossible which is a harem.

Hmm without minatsu, ken might not even be bothered to enter student council.

Minatsu x sugisaki FTW! So that Mafuyu can be all mine!
I think you might have more or less the right theory about the sequence of events. Though I wouldn't mind if they went and delved a little more into what went down with those two girls since that's the only part that I'm uncertain about. I still think he was with one girl and then the line was crossed with another he was close to. Eventually it all came out and he separated from both and kept it that way since it would be hard on either girl for them to interact anymore.

After that he moved to the next school level probably increasing the separation but still feeling depressed about how it all worked out. Would explain why when he started to go for the spot on the council he had the worst grades. Hard work can only get you so far, he had to be a pretty good student before getting depressed over the two timing incident. He probably was affected by the kind of person Minatsu is and wanted to change himself. For good or not he really took her advice to heart and aimed for the impossible, the harem ending. Considering how things went before makes sense he would see that as the ideal result.

I think it's safe to say without Minatsu Ken wouldn't have come close to getting in the student's council. To move from the worst to the best isn't easy by any stretch.

Anyways it makes sense why Ken was surprised by the information about Minatsu's home situation. Someone that really helped change his life could smile and be cheerful with that kind of burden on her shoulders. Probably why he felt it was necessary to do something for her. If going weekly would make things easier than that's what he would do. Of course neither he or Minatsu could be honest about their motivations. Ken had to put it under his harem desires and Minatsu that she couldn't go because Ken really would show up weekly for council meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
@forever, i hope they do develop on the subplot with Ken. though it might be a tad serious for this show.
I think the show is good at mixing the serious and the comedy. So also hope they keep developing Ken and dig into his past some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Easily. I'm quite the open minded type, so i'd join in when she plans to write doujinshi's about myself.
That's probably where I'd draw the line . I'm kind of with Sugisaki on that issue. Writing your own BL scenarios would be pretty scary stuff. Though the gaming side of her is a pretty fun thing.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2009-11-10 at 21:45.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:07   Link #604
Jze0
Hmmm...

If this image were actually a game I would definitely go down this route. According to Sugisaki it would be the second hardest path to complete, not a bad deal. Btw, does anyone know what is being said? I would like to know please.

Spoiler for minatsu route:

Hmmmm... it seems I forgot to watch the latest episode, should go do that now. >.<
Old 2009-11-11, 00:30   Link #605
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Just saw a rather NSFW pic of Minatsu, trying to cool off in her swimsuit. While nothing explicit shown, I think too risky to post.
Spoiler for Deliiiiiiiiiiiiicious NFSW Minatsu:

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2009-11-11 at 01:14.
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:53   Link #606
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Spoiler for Deliiiiiiiiiiiiicious Minatsu:

lol that should be a NSFW hahaha lol you should have added some white stuff hahahah

any way last episode was kinda serious with a lots of comedy all i cna say is thaat man is way to serious about his harem
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 01:00   Link #607
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

question. what did Minatsu mean by "mainland"? like the big island?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 01:17   Link #608
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm liking Minatsu every episode, I swear at the rate this is going I'll be doing Ken x Minatsu fanart ^^, though I still find Mafuyu to be the cutest of the lot. Kurimu is too much into the whole "child at heart" thing and hanging out with her seems to be like babysitting a pre-schooler.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 01:31   Link #609
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
question. what did Minatsu mean by "mainland"? like the big island?
In the first episode it was stated that the school is in Hokkaido, the northernmost island of japan. So the mainland is probably Honshu.
Old 2009-11-11, 08:37   Link #610
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I think episode 6 was excellent. It's true that melodrama and comedy don't mix too well, especially in a comedy. But if the serious aspect isn't too serious, is handled lightly and solved brilliantly (as I found it was here thanks to Ken's determination), then everything is fine. Although I do understand the objections, clearly these kind of shows aren't everyone's cup of tea.
Kaoru_Chujo said something very interesting, that this series might be on its way to become a classic. Well, I'm starting to believe it might be the case here.

A lot of people here wants Mafuyu, but after the latest 2 episodes I actually developed a crush for Minatsu. She went from last place in my ranking straight to first; thing is, she lacked characterization in the first four episodes and looked like a pure tsundere with not much more not much less. Once they've added some layers to her personality (and removed, even for a little bit, her hair's ribbons ) she's become a totally different deeper character now.
I support the notion that if Ken can't have his full harem, then Minatsu is the way to go.

I'm reading criticisms on Kurimu instead. I think she went in a sort of inverse process compared to Minatsu: they took off some of the shades that used to differentiate her from a normal moeblob. Basically she lost the "proactive" part of her character, so as of now what's left is a simple moeblob, a spoiled one too. But I still find her entertaining, some of the faces and expressions she manages to put up are priceless (like when on one hand she chose the Fight theme to convince Minatsu staying, while on the other she fought with all her might to get the Red suit, which Minatsu was claiming).

Mafuyu may as well become a new model for future characters' references. As stereotype, she might resemble Konata for the otaku/gaming factor, but yet she's so different. Sweet, caring, naive, incredibly cute and innocent. Fantastic her two lines " I won't forget you until the day I'll forget you" and "I won't forget you until 8 pm"; yes the second probably was one of Chihiro's lines in ef - a tale of memories , yet it served so much to add to the naivety of the character.
She became serious though at the marriage proposal, I wonder what would have happened if her sister hadn't come to drag her away. Perhaps for an instant Mafuyu disconnected from reality - not so unusual for her - and thought she was being the princess in an RPG with Ken being the knight to her rescue?

The show oozes Higurashi references and vibes from every little bit. To the point that I'm starting to believe if Chizuru's real name couldn't be Shion, or Mion. Her liking for dark, pain and what follows plus all those spooky close zooms. Certainly she does have a great presence (and appearance) but all in all I would keep my distance from someone like her. You never know what she could be up to, and she has Kurimu after all ^_^ .

Lol at the teacher willing to be transferred to Hinamizawa. We're definitely close to the point where the series will switch its name to "Seitokai no Naku Koro ni" aka "When the Student Council Cries".
Old 2009-11-11, 08:59   Link #611
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
A lot of people here wants Mafuyu, but after the latest 2 episodes I actually developed a crush for Minatsu. She went from last place in my ranking straight to first; thing is, she lacked characterization in the first four episodes and looked like a pure tsundere with not much more not much less. Once they've added some layers to her personality (and removed, even for a little bit, her hair's ribbons ) she's become a totally different deeper character now.
I support the notion that if Ken can't have his full harem, then Minatsu is the way to go.
Wait, so far I only see 2 people say they want Mafuyu, and one of them is me .
The way I like Mafuyu is different to the way I like Minatsu, though. Can't really explain it, but I like Mafuyu as how she is (a cute otaku), while I like Minatsu for how she act in the story.
Old 2009-11-11, 12:55   Link #612
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've been making comparisons with Ichigo Mashimaro, but I forgot the fact that the show is actually directed by the same man who directed that show: Satou Takuya. His presence, and that of the lead writer (Hanada Jukki, who did Rozen Maiden, among other shows) were the reason I thought this show had a chance to be good, despite what seemed like an uninteresting premise. Having now read a little bit of the manga, I think that is the fertile source of this cockeyed humour (as the original manga was for Ichigo Mashimaro), but the writer and director knew what to do with it.

I still love the way they are portraying Kurimu, even if she has lost a little shading recently, as Pellissier says. She is not just a moe character, she is a classic silly but self-important character, housed in a moe shell. Hilarious and endearing. She's not the normal shy moe. She is something a bit different: a moe character who puts herself forward and makes grand pronouncements -- before collapsing into Chizuru's lap to be stroked like a kitten, lol.

Chizuru is the one I'd like to see more from. For me, she dominated the first couple of episodes, but she has not been featured much recently.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 14:29   Link #613
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I still love the way they are portraying Kurimu, even if she has lost a little shading recently, as Pellissier says. She is not just a moe character, she is a classic silly but self-important character, housed in a moe shell. Hilarious and endearing. She's not the normal shy moe. She is something a bit different: a moe character who puts herself forward and makes grand pronouncements -- before collapsing into Chizuru's lap to be stroked like a kitten, lol.
Exactly! I think you nailed it perfectly. She's an amazingly lovable (and "dangerously moe") character. She stood out to me right off the bat and I figured she would be the main attraction in the series. But, as the episodes unfold I can see that the other girls are really coming into their own.

This group of girls is a lovely bouquet in the garden of moe.

Last edited by Mushi; 2009-11-11 at 14:49.
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 18:34   Link #614
donoghu

After watching episode 6, just have this part which comes to mind :

"Then Stealth..."
"You'd become an invisible man."
"You're sure to use it the wrong way!"
"Don't worry. It'll work for destroying Metal Gear-" *Bandana dude in from of a machine*
"You should leave that task to that man!" *Showing a bearded man*

(Actually, I just got a PS3 and MGS4 last week... that might be why this surprised me that much)

Good episode. (For me, I start to loose interest. I need something strong to regain it)
donoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 18:44   Link #615
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Mahiru-sensei and Chizuru were a delightful pair in this episode.
Spoiler for Mahiru, Chizuru:
Ah yes, that bit reminded me of something.

In the words of Yoda, "Always two there are, a master and an apprentice."
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 20:24   Link #616
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , the serious part isn't great but it was an hilarious episode
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:17   Link #617
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well 6 eps in and I'm still totally entertained and hooked, its def a show that delivers.

Sugisaki's "sexual days" endings were great!!

I'll just go ahead and say SugisakiXMinatsu FTW!
Old 2009-11-12, 01:47   Link #618
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've been making comparisons with Ichigo Mashimaro, but I forgot the fact that the show is actually directed by the same man who directed that show: Satou Takuya.
So that could be the reason why Mafuyu is drawn like Ana Coppola in a brief shot in the ED? I've always kept wondering about it.

Thinking about it, the two shows have at least two things in common. First, there are five main characters of which 4 are of a kind and 1 is of a different league. In IM there are 4 grade schoolers and a girl in her twenties, in SnI there are 4 female highschoolers and a male counterpart. Second, in both groups of five there is one individual whom, while still hold dear by the others, just has in his/her genetics the ability to generate panic/confusion (in the good way), Miu in IM and Ken here. They're the catalysts for the comedy peaks hence both shows won't work as well without them.

-----

Minatsu Fanarts:

Misaka "Biri Biri" Minatsu

Chizuru teasing Aka-chan

Old 2009-11-12, 03:42   Link #619
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
So that could be the reason why Mafuyu is drawn like Ana Coppola in a brief shot in the ED? I've always kept wondering about it....
The ED animation isn't done by Satou, but is storyboarded and directed by Nishimura Junji (director of Simoun and true tears). And I don't see the name of the Ichigo Mashimaro animation director/character designer anywhere there. And IM was done by DouMu rather than Studio Deen. But that doesn't prevent some of the same animators from maybe being around. And perhaps Nishimura was making a subtle reference of his own, paying a little homage to Satou's previous show.

Besides the interesting similarity you point out between the group here and the group in IM, I think the basic attitude of the humor is similar: the characters do and say a lot of hilariously foolish and apparently cruel things, but there is still a feeling of warmth and appreciation toward and among them. That's why I think of both shows' humour as "humane."

I like the contrast between the two groups, as well: the group there was all top famous seiyuus (Nabatame Hitomi, Orikasa Fumiko, Chiba Saeko, Kawasumi Ayako, Noto Mamiko), whereas this is almost all unknowns (except for Ken, who is slightly known but not famous).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 06:31   Link #620
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hmm I don't know that you are a masochist to like that kind of violent tsundere...... I take it back! I take it back! Don't slap the ban hammer on me!

Similarly, I would vouch for Ken to have Minatsu.....their characters are so fitting : both of them troll each other occasionally and they'd make a cute couple.

Minatsu would be one I would go for but unfortunately her little sis is so much cuter than her. She is more than moe enough to make me overlook the fact that she is a yaoi fangirl. And come to think of it, their names fit their respective characters so perfectly (Minatsu = 深夏 = deep summer, Mafuyu = 真冬 = true winter)

But I guess it means that she can mix with my other waifu Kyou, who is also one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wait, so far I only see 2 people say they want Mafuyu, and one of them is me .
The way I like Mafuyu is different to the way I like Minatsu, though. Can't really explain it, but I like Mafuyu as how she is (a cute otaku), while I like Minatsu for how she act in the story.
Take Minatsu and leave her sister alone. Mafuyu is mine!

Btw people,

USELESS FACT : Lilicia Toudou, the President of the student Journalism club, has the same V.A as that strangled dog in Kampfer. But with her character, some people actually wished she is that dog.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, student council