AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-14, 23:59   Link #61
Cipher

The main issue of change I'm having problems with is "personality". Its hard to control anger and hate...patience is what I'm trying to train myself with. To me, calmness is the perfect personality.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 00:16   Link #62
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
The main issue of change I'm having problems with is "personality". Its hard to control anger and hate...patience is what I'm trying to train myself with. To me, calmness is the perfect personality.
That's hard to say for someone who's 100 years old.
Old 2009-11-15, 06:10   Link #63
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Let's see. I don't remember how was I when I was a kid, but I remembered my old personality, before that "Something" what happened two years ago and destroyed my old self.
My old self was really introverted, stubborn, and couldn't adapt to situation. He always wanted to be the shining "Knight of the Light", a hero, he wanted to save the people, yet he was always hated, was very romantic, but pessimistic, very closed, and very stressful; he got angry easily, he couldn't understand others, and of course he really, really hated the World and Life. This personality almost drove him to suicide.

My new self is an artificial one. I wanted to change, and start anew, so while my self is complex, it makes a "system" instead of the chaos most selves has. I know myself because I made myself. My new self has two distinct personality, I can switch to them whenever I want or blend them, and with two personalities I can see thing from different points of view, in several lights. Basically, I gained Empathy. Also this two personality and the world-view what comes with it is perfectly balanced: I can even see totally good things in a bad light, or bad stuff in a good light, even if it's war or death. This way, I can see the good things of life in the same way as bad things, and cherish them equally. This makes me a very calm person, who looks forward (and never looks forward) to every good (and bad) things.
Also, I gained love for nature, while my old self couldn't even live without civilization.

What I retained from my old self is my love for philosophy. I was making existentialist theories since I was 10.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 07:36   Link #64
SoulCorpse
WhO PuT BaKOn In My SoUP!

i'm alot more serious. and i love peanut butter. and i can tolerate broccoli

In the begining their was Cupcake, and Cupcake was with Gir, and Cupcake was Gir. With out Cupcake everything that is would not be.
SoulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 09:28   Link #65
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

Hmm... I guess you could say that in a way I was one of the problem children. I used to look upon positive, idealistic showsanything as being childish and unrealistic compared with my own view of reality. I was a firm believer that everyone only tried to control everyone else and that the only use people had for other people was their own amusement...or something (while completely ignoring the fact that I considered those with similar interests to me to be friends). I thought everyone was stupid. I always liked to think I was "deep" and "poetic" because I would spout a load of pseudo-philosophical nonsense and immerse myself in all sorts of depressing literature and music. Religion was just a means for the corrupt to make money off the masses. I liked to be controversial, I was an attention-seeker, I was just looking for a cause to martyr myself for or some kind of dramatic event for which I would be remembered for all time.

Oh, I got it alright, but not in the way that I originally believed I would. I don't think I will ever live down what happened (my attempt to derail a play that was being put on by the drama club resulted in me being forever remembered as an idiot) and after that it took me several years to put my personality back together into the form in which you may recognise it now.

When I look back at myself during that time, I represented everything I hate in a person. Some of this stuff soured my relationship with a friend during uni.

I tend to go with the flow a lot more now. You know, actually try to live life without being a slave to how people see me. I'm a lot nicer and more sociable, I am fairly religious out of respect for my upbringing and definitely try not to look down on anyone no matter how "deserving" of it they might be. I even drink now and find it a thoroughly enjoyable social experience, which is a far cry from "alcohol turns people into idiots". It actually kinda depresses me now whenever I find myself in a room full of people and not one of them drinks. Oh, I'm still fond of imagery and drama, and of being remembered for something but if I don't get to be the Angel of Light it's not a huge deal. I'll settle for being John the Baptist

Hehe...when I think about it, it's pretty telling that I love Super Robot Wars more than...well...any of my other passions.
Old 2009-11-15, 12:50   Link #66
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I always liked to think I was "deep" and "poetic" because I would spout a load of pseudo-philosophical nonsense and immerse myself in all sorts of depressing literature and music. Religion was just a means for the corrupt to make money off the masses.
Wow that sounds pretty typical for a lot of people where I live.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 21:18   Link #67
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I've learned to admit my mistakes. I've become more introverted, which has paired with my increasingly cynical nature. I legitimately don't really care about what people think about me anymore, whereas such things used to control me completely. On the other hand, I feel like I can't gain the same simple enjoyment from things as I could as a child.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 04:09   Link #68
Alchemist007
*Author

I almost always double think things before I say or type them. Particularly when it comes to debating or arguing
Old 2009-11-16, 18:24   Link #69
SoulCorpse
WhO PuT BaKOn In My SoUP!

i have grown to love all of you

In the begining their was Cupcake, and Cupcake was with Gir, and Cupcake was Gir. With out Cupcake everything that is would not be.
SoulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 18:59   Link #70
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Very good replies everyone, sorry I haven't done any in-depth question probing off replies. Been very busy.
Walkingcatastrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 03:19   Link #71
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I've been bossy as child. Then there were like two key-events that made me think about it. From then on I handled things differently which made me sort of an underdog. Then I realized that is not really nice either... so I went into the other direction again, which was contradicting to some of my principles but a lot easier to handle. I guess I found my equilibrium then.
Anything apart from this basically did not change too much. Which makes me think... maybe I was a little too grown up for a child... or I am a little too childish for a grown up? Who knows, it could very well be both
Old 2009-11-17, 03:33   Link #72
Theowne
耳をすませば

I've just become a lot less reliant on social groups and fake friendships. In high school you always need this comfort zone of friends, but now that I'm older I simply don't care to spend time with anyone I don't value as real friends. So my social group has gotten a lot smaller, but more meaningful.

I've also become a lot more pessimistic about human nature and society. I really was naive back then.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 09:07   Link #73
Akira Kogami
LC Host

Send a message via MSN to Akira Kogami
When I was younger, I was very optimistic about people and extremely trusting (also known as gulible). While I still try to be optimistic, I'm very careful and now observent to those I trust. But thats about all that has really changed. I'm still into cartoons, comic books and playing with plushies/plastic toys anime related in any shape or form. I was pretty much born that way. Heehee. x3;
Akira Kogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 19:08   Link #74
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
when i was young i was very naïve and i was still kind and nice towards others.
never had any problems with autorithy. and now i'm an complete @-hole, rude towards others and i hate autorithy and autorithy figures.
Old 2010-02-03, 21:10   Link #75
P99

Well when i was younger, I was really energetic and wouldnt shut up. Now i am much calmer, i can still talk a lot, but not as much as i used too. I also am more responsible and my parents trust me more.
Old 2010-02-03, 21:17   Link #76
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
I use to be impatient when I was younger but now I'm patient and relaxed and I joke around a lot.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 22:12   Link #77
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

I was a very hyper child, disruptive in class. I was one of those weird kids who got put in the back of the room away from everyone else in 4th or 5th grade, don't remember which exactly. They even sectioned me off from everyone else with a bookshelf, kinda messed up thing to do to a kid actually. And it only made me act out more as I tried to get other kids attention by making stupid noises or doing silly voices. I'd do annoying things like tickle my nose to make myself sneeze over and over or if I had the hiccups I'd hold my mouth open so they'd be really loud.

I also had a fascination with how things worked. I wanted to know how my toys worked, how an RC car goes. Unfortunately my way of exploring those questions was to smash them open. Which led to a favorite childhood pastime of mine, breaking all of my toys, fun and educational! I always wanted to be able to recombine them into a robot or something but alas it's far easier to destroy than it is to create. My stepbrother and I got in huge trouble one time when he helped me with one of my brilliant experiments. We trashed a whole bunch of RC vehicles he had, cars, trucks, bulldozers, dump trucks, etc. The only thing I took care of was my huge collection of Ninja Turtles action figures but those are all gone now, lost or stolen.

Now I'm very quiet, very reserved, I hate calling attention to myself and I take excellent care of my belongings. I still like doing funny voices though
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 23:33   Link #78
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
My new self is an artificial one. I wanted to change, and start anew, so while my self is complex, it makes a "system" instead of the chaos most selves has. I know myself because I made myself. My new self has two distinct personality, I can switch to them whenever I want or blend them, and with two personalities I can see thing from different points of view, in several lights. Basically, I gained Empathy. Also this two personality and the world-view what comes with it is perfectly balanced: I can even see totally good things in a bad light, or bad stuff in a good light, even if it's war or death. This way, I can see the good things of life in the same way as bad things, and cherish them equally. This makes me a very calm person, who looks forward (and never looks forward) to every good (and bad) things.
Also, I gained love for nature, while my old self couldn't even live without civilization.

What I retained from my old self is my love for philosophy. I was making existentialist theories since I was 10.
That is quite similar to mine. Except... I made three selves.

The first is completely emotionless. Pretty much anything can happen and it will not have any empathic connection whatsoever. I made it in order to cope with loneliness during 'that' time, and it just stuck. Helps to keep everything in a logical light, as well as to maintain calm in any crazy situations. About a few years back, I refined it a bit to be something like Hibari from Reborn. I'll go my own way, like a cloud that is unchained.

One is completely destructive, and I never let it out fully. To give a small example of how it's like, Munakata from Medaka Box would be the closest 'For no reason at all, I'll kill you'. Because of that, I automatically start initiating targeting on random people I pass by in my mind, planning out the quickest and most efficient way of 'finishing' it. Obviously I don't act on it.

The last is the one I use the most. It can be said to be a mix of the other two, but rather, it's more of a Schroedinger's Cat, where all the quantum states exist at the same time separately. In situations you'd feel a LITTLE angry or some other emotion, I'm feeling that emotion, and also not feeling anything. It is also the one responsible for the 'It is like that' outlook, so no matter what happens, I just move forward, accepting everything... at the same time, rejecting it. Quite a complicated personality, but it helps to deal with bad anime.

The overall personality is on the whole a random rotation of different selves. I can simulate a new one anytime I want to provide the required outlook, and discard it just as easily. I kind of broke off with a few friends due to that, but I have no desire to rebuild those relationships at all. One of the factors that came from the last personality is a homeostatic moral compass: The more corruption I come into contact with, the more I start thinking of purity, and vice versa.

Before, I could be said to have no idea of who or what I wanted to be, like a kid who just wanted to find something that fit. The events that happened simply showed me that I could fit the situation instead of it fitting me.

Here's a question that I'm sure many of us should give a positive answer to: Is your current personality based on something you've experienced in anime? It can also be from books by the way, Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth had this interesting idea about partitioning the mind.
Old 2010-02-04, 04:16   Link #79
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Since even just high school I've changed in a number of way personally, so incoming semi-long post.
I've become just a bit less shy, and more social, trusting, and open minded generally. Gotten less picky about my taste for food, though I am still trying to expand that occasionally.

Also finally realized there was limit to my natural talent in math [which hit me like a ton of bricks in 07/08 in a few classes]. Had started losing motivation in school at some point for while, and then regained it since last year. Gained/gaining more knowledge, interest, and understanding in computers, and gave up on engineering[screw thermodynamics].

I am not nearly as sheltered, naive, ignorant, or innocent as I was comparatively to now which is for the better I think since I was REALLY REALLY overly ignorant of a lot stuff then [including my own sexuality in that] this change letting me to more open minded/accepting of stuff and in part let me to giving up the fairly shallow belief in religion I had stuck with for years.

Also became less worried about people what would think about me for my interests in anime, it's music, video games, and such in general. Which let to me getting over the whole a guy can't like any non-action, or remotely girly anime xD, seriously before I got out of HS I had hardly watched anything that wasn't shounen anime wise.[I can count them on one hand <_<]

Anything I had remotely resembling a normal sleeping pattern died by my second semester of college. Got over the petite sibling 'rivalry' that came up occasionally between myself, and my brother since both him, and I matured some.

Though there is something I am too ashamed to admit publicly about my ignorance in the way I was before, so I'll leave that out. Plus I don't want to write anything too personal here so I'll end it with that.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 08:38   Link #80
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Used to be a trouble maker in elementary school, but that was changed in 7th grade.

Well, I have changed even since I got out of high school. In high school, I was bullied and also have this so called teenage rage/angst that all teenagers must have a relationship with someone (eg. every male needs to get a girlfriend) all that drama. This added more unnecessary stress. This changed in college when of course this stress does not exist and I find no need for a girlfriend at the moment... since I have other priorities, such as getting better grades and also blog about Anime and stuff.