Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 00:24   Link #61
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Hate is temporary but what's done can't be undone.

Their anger is really more of a playful type of anger...though there is that spark of tension that shows irritation. Either way, friendship is this.
Friendship means irritating your peers with your know-it-all, holier-than-thou attitude? Wow, that's the first time I've heard the term 'friendship' defined like that.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 00:59   Link #62
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The only time I feel anything close to old is when my little six year old cousin asks me to set up a computer game for her. It's usually one of those games on the kid channel's(Disney, Nickelodeon, etc.) website. I usually want to go into a mini rant talking about how inferior shows like Hannah Montana are to "real" kid's shows back in my day. I usually stop myself, though. Don't want to sound like an old man.

"Looky here, ya whippersnapper. When I was your age. . ."
What if you were younger but still "entertainmently superior"? Is "old" about "superiority"? The elitist attitude? I believe its actually about the opposite. Humble is "old".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Friendship means irritating your peers with your know-it-all, holier-than-thou attitude? Wow, that's the first time I've heard the term 'friendship' defined like that.
You did not understand. The "this" wasn't for the irritation but for the obstacles that comes and the greater or lesser connection and understanding as a result of it. Its not just about "jokes" and "fun".

Sometimes it is necessary to be "old".
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:15   Link #63
Ascaloth

Quote:
You did not understand. The "this" wasn't for the irritation but for the obstacles that comes and the greater or lesser connection and understanding as a result of it. Its not just about "jokes" and "fun".

Sometimes it is necessary to be "old".
Again with your "you do not understand" schtick. What were you saying just now about humility, hmmm?

And frankly, you want people to understand what the hell you're talking about, you might want to consider putting forth your statements in simple English, instead of the pseudo-philosophical cipher your words tend to take the form of....oh, wait. Now I know the reason behind your username.
Old 2009-11-15, 01:38   Link #64
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Again with your "you do not understand" schtick. What were you saying just now about humility, hmmm?

And frankly, you want people to understand what the hell you're talking about, you might want to consider putting forth your statements in simple English, instead of the pseudo-philosophical cipher your words tend to take the form of....oh, wait. Now I know the reason behind your username.
It is only your hurried false assumption. That is why, before assuming anything, questions are necessary.

On another matter, Old, literally, is just about time. Does it really have any connection with intelligence? Perhaps indirectly but it really shouldn't. I guess humility as well.
Old 2009-11-15, 01:48   Link #65
Narona
Emotionless White Face

If you two start to fight again, I'll call xris and he'll spank you good.

Cipher, get over it and learn to stop arguing if you see that it will get the debate nowhere (I try to do the same things in such circumstances and I know that it can be difficult to stop. But plz, stop)

Ascaloth, no need to be so aggressive. It's actually worse than your i-point-logical-fallacies mode.

And I know it's not my business, but you two polluted a thread once and apparently you both didn't learn anything from it.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:49   Link #66
Ascaloth

Quote:
It is only your hurried false assumption. That is why, before assuming anything, questions are necessary.

On another matter, Old, literally, is just about time. Does it really have any connection with intelligence? Perhaps indirectly but it really shouldn't. I guess humility as well.
I see, once again, that you are incapable of answering my questions about your behaviour, so now you're just trying to use a red herring against me.

EDIT: @Narona,

Sorry. Kid just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 2009-11-15, 02:05   Link #67
Cipher

Is it better to feel young or old?

Should people feel old or young? Most people won't probably think about this but the question bothers me. Which is really better?
Old 2009-11-15, 05:43   Link #68
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
If you two start to fight again, I'll call xris and he'll spank you good.
so true
and if you think you feel old you should ask Xris

Anyway, I was very depressed when I turned 20. I will turn 22 next week
Reason for this would be that my sister who is about 4 years older (and my neighbor also who is a year younger than me) already has kids and is married and has her own house and job. You kind of feel depressed because you start thinking what have I accomplished, and heck I'm a student and no where near even dating a guy cause of lack of time
It was because many people around me already had kids and got married that I felt that even though I was older than some of them I didn't accomplish any of those things.

I got over it though, but I still feel old. I go to school with kids of around 18-20 and there are only a few that are the same age as me. Heck I was more grown up when I got to that school, I take my grades serious whereas they fool around and check out girls. Worst of all is the fact that I am the only girl in the class and have the role of being a mother hen for them sometimes. I hear them out, help them out and if there are problems I sometimes confront the class mentor about it
What would the little kids do without their elder

Quote:
Should people feel old or young? Most people won't probably think about this but the question bothers me. Which is really better?
No, people shouldn't feel old or young. Neither of the two, people should feel like themselves and be happy with who they are
It's crazy if you stand still daily and groan and think "uugh, I feel old" or "Yay I feel so young", that kind of thoughts will only make you strife for something that will make you feel better
If you feel old all the time eventually you will look for something to make you feel younger, just look at all the old ladies doing botox and all that crap
If you feel young you will try and prevent yourself from getting old and will start counting each wrinkle you get, result moar botox probably or an old person dressing to be young and hooking up to a much younger guy in some instances
Sometimes however they come to terms with who they are and accept themselves and that is what people should think, am I happy? Am I proud of myself? Not, do I feel old etc.
However this thought can be placed in many situations, some that have nothing to do with the ones above. It can be a comment on a situation you are in, like if you are older and are around people much MUCH younger that talk about things you don't even know about or have been through so long ago. I mean I feel like the gray hairs are growing if some teenager starts going emo on everything he is going through, or when young high-schoolers try and be though.. then I feel old cause I just want them to leave us alone you know?
I was at a guild party once and it was stuffed with guys in their 30's at that time I felt too young, cause they were partying hard, very hard and I wasn't used to it
I mean there's 2 meanings of the expression, one can cause self destruction the other can be sarcastic
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:20   Link #69
Liddo-kun
is this so?

It probably depends on "where" I am.

At the clinic (place where I work), the other staff are people in their 40's or late 30's. Being in my late 20's, I kind of feel young being with them during the day. Though when I get home at night and log in to my friend's anime forum, I feel a little old since there are only 3 of us there who are 20+, the rest of our members are in their teens.

Getting enough sleep is also another factor, I feel fresh and vibrant in the morning if I've slept before 11 pm. The opposite is also true, I feel old and tired upon waking up in the morning if I've slept very late the previous night.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 07:06   Link #70
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
No, people shouldn't feel old or young. Neither of the two, people should feel like themselves and be happy with who they are
It's crazy if you stand still daily and groan and think "uugh, I feel old" or "Yay I feel so young", that kind of thoughts will only make you strife for something that will make you feel better
If you feel old all the time eventually you will look for something to make you feel younger, just look at all the old ladies doing botox and all that crap
If you feel young you will try and prevent yourself from getting old and will start counting each wrinkle you get, result moar botox probably or an old person dressing to be young and hooking up to a much younger guy in some instances
Sometimes however they come to terms with who they are and accept themselves and that is what people should think, am I happy? Am I proud of myself? Not, do I feel old etc.
However this thought can be placed in many situations, some that have nothing to do with the ones above. It can be a comment on a situation you are in, like if you are older and are around people much MUCH younger that talk about things you don't even know about or have been through so long ago. I mean I feel like the gray hairs are growing if some teenager starts going emo on everything he is going through, or when young high-schoolers try and be though.. then I feel old cause I just want them to leave us alone you know?
I was at a guild party once and it was stuffed with guys in their 30's at that time I felt too young, cause they were partying hard, very hard and I wasn't used to it
I mean there's 2 meanings of the expression, one can cause self destruction the other can be sarcastic
Not old but not young. People should feel like themselves? The old should feel old and the young should feel young? Acceptance about Age? Act like their age?

Or nothing at all? People shouldn't feel anything about age? Feeling Old and feeling young have negatives but feeling nothing have none and feeling none is flexible.

Themselves or Nothing at all? Nothing.
Old 2009-11-15, 07:24   Link #71
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I don't feel old, but I went through an extended nostalgia period over the course of this past year in which I revisited many of my favorite childhood activities (especially old video games and cartoons). I think it was just my way of saying goodbye to that period of my life for good.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 07:35   Link #72
Ending

Sometimes, mainly because of work, which saps much of my time. I'll turn 27 in a few months. Oh, and the fact that I joined AS over 5 years ago, when I was still studying. >.>
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 18:54   Link #73
Mi-Roo
Lovable Loli
*Graphic Designer

I'm still very childish and imature in reality (interest wise and certain actions). I doubt I will ever change in my personality. However, I do feel rather old (even though I am only 18). When I think back on distant memories that seem so clear, it's moments like that I think, "I remember when I was 8 and wished I could hurry up and turn 16". And now, I dread the day of someone singing "Happy 20th birthday" to me. I wish I could stay a kid forever... >___<;
Mi-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 21:19   Link #74
stubby42

I just watched the pokemon movie after seeing a tee shirt design that depicts Charles Darwin as a pokemon master, this is one of the instances that makes me feel young... and geeky

Last edited by Solace; 2009-11-22 at 02:45.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 21:46   Link #75
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingcatastrophy View Post
At the ripe old age of 25...

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just have to say it... you CAN'T be serious!

Age is an attitude.
Old 2009-11-21, 22:03   Link #76
Choukou

Send a message via AIM to Choukou Send a message via MSN to Choukou Send a message via Yahoo to Choukou
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Why on earth would I feel old?

I'm only 32 (and only look 26 I'm told but that's neither here nor there).

Now, when I'm a 90 yr old, yeah then I MIGHT feel old

There's still SO MUCH out there to see and do, I won't feel "old" for a good long time!
I can't wait till my 12 and 9 yr old are old enough to move out, and I'll get to experience things in an entirely different way!
Would have to agree here. I'm 27, and there are so many things to do and see...

I'm glad I'm not the only parent who can't wait for his/her kids to move out. Hehe, only mine are 2 and 4. We got a ways yet.
Choukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 22:24   Link #77
KageRyu1

I am 22 but I feel 50 and yet I act like a 12 year old. I always wanna play and go out, have fun, eat a lot, sleep, and most of all, play more @_@ I kinda scared that I might stay this way even after I get married. I'll prolly end up playing videogames with my kids and spoil them.
KageRyu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 22:37   Link #78
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageRyu1 View Post
I am 22 but I feel 50 and yet I act like a 12 year old. I always wanna play and go out, have fun, eat a lot, sleep, and most of all, play more @_@ I kinda scared that I might stay this way even after I get married. I'll prolly end up playing videogames with my kids and spoil them.
What's so bad about that? You'd be the "cool parent." :P

I've always wanted to be the "cool parent" when I have kids...
Old 2009-11-21, 22:55   Link #79
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
What's so bad about that? You'd be the "cool parent." :P

I've always wanted to be the "cool parent" when I have kids...
True, but to a degree, a parent but be a parent and not their kids 'best friend'. (least not for the 15 years or so)
So times we have to be an 'adult' and make difficult decisions for your kids, then the age, experience and wisdom steps in.
In that sense, we may be 'older', otherwise, it's all about the shoe sizes
(In my case, 7)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 00:01   Link #80
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageRyu1 View Post
Just make sure that the person you marry understand your hobbies and habits, as well as accepts them. Otherwise you're in for a suppressing marriage
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote