AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 11:00   Link #19641
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
The Name of War
Chapter 14:Even A Child Is Known By His Doings…
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4380342/14/
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:03   Link #19642
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
* whips out a rusty chainsaw and a sawed-off shotgun *
/me releases the Malton-strain zombie virus on the forum

Enjoy your zombies that are immune to headshots. BARHAH!
Dark Knight Gafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:15   Link #19643
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I have plants!
The winner is Sheba. no zombie can beat plants, not even ones with screen doors or butter on their heads. Even Michael_Jackson!Zombie can't handle the plants...

... why do I suddenly feel like making a fic where Yuuno, Chrono, and Zafira are discoing to "Staying Alive" ?
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:18   Link #19644
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Zafira was just posted to FF.Net

And I guess no one has any clue as to a suggestion for Chapter 32 for a direction to go?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 12:30   Link #19645
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
The Name of War
Sure kept us waiting

Great transitional chapter! Particularly loved the Yagami-ke scene.
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 12:43   Link #19646
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post

... why do I suddenly feel like making a fic where Yuuno, Chrono, and Zafira are discoing to "Staying Alive" ?
Do it. Thread needs moar FABULOUS!!!!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:14   Link #19647
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
The Name of War
Are we ever going to get to the part where Earth nukes the shit out of Midchilda? Because I've been waiting for that.
Dark Knight Gafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:42   Link #19648
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Rough draft of MGLN Crisis Chapter 22 is ready. 23 is half done, as I've gotten back into my writing groove. Hoping to have it out in another day or two as well.

Previous parts can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5455943/..._Nanoha_Crisis

Spoiler for MGLN Crisis Chapter 22: Separations:

Minor note, but if there is anyone with an OC combat mage they created, and wants it to have a small cameo in the big battle, let me know. It's not necessary, but I thought it might be fun. The more detail you give me, the better chance they get in. It's not guaranteed, but there's a decent chance. Feel free to PM me with the details, or post here.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2009-11-24 at 14:11.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:04   Link #19649
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-2:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-3:
Spoiler for Alternatives 5-4:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-5:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:19   Link #19650
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I has fanfictions!

This plotbunny is all RadiantBeam's fault, so feel free to blame her.

Spoiler for Altered Course #00: Raising Heart:
First and the most important thing: Alicia <3~~~

Right-o, just something that bothers me, and that Avalon Alavon said, is the fact that Precia is the antagonist while her reason to do so is alive, but surely you already thought about it. Also the whole BoD incident should have happened already and i am sure that Nanoha would have involved in it somehow, or the whole city what with the arc~en~ciel business, unless of course the plan of freezing them did happen... but hey my suspension of disbelief is strong so i let that slide.

Quote:
The Name of War
asfdnjaslnfslnj, excuse me while i read this.

Also, Sup quall
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:42   Link #19651
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
ME LIKE!!!! XD

But one question:

If Alicia never died, why did Precia continued to be bad? She was a caring and gentle women who broke after Alicia died; so what is her motivation now?

Other than that, I really believe it will turn into an awesome fic. Please do more!
If you remember from Chrono's infodump in season one, Precia was doing bad and illegal things before Alicia died. One of her illegal experiments is what killed Alicia in the first place.

So Alicia's death wasn't Precia's Start of Darkness, it was the start of her insanity. By removing Alicia's death from the equation, Precia stays evil and sane, with a Dragon who has no reason to waver in her commitment. Dangerous, dangerous.

What Precia's motives are to gather the Jewel Seeds (rather than traveling to Al Hazard to resurrect Alicia) is something different that I won't go into here because it's something of a major spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
First and the most important thing: Alicia <3~~~

Right-o, just something that bothers me, and that Avalon Alavon said, is the fact that Precia is the antagonist while her reason to do so is alive, but surely you already thought about it. Also the whole BoD incident should have happened already and i am sure that Nanoha would have involved in it somehow, or the whole city what with the arc~en~ciel business, unless of course the plan of freezing them did happen... but hey my suspension of disbelief is strong so i let that slide.
It's an AU, so the timeline's fucked with a bit. The BoD incident, I can't really talk about that much, because it would be a big spoiler. ^^;

I wanted the characters to be older since it would better fit the tone of this type of re-imaging. A nine year old girl shooting beam spam is fine for a hot-blooded sci-fi adventure romp like canon, but notsomuch for a Darker and Edgier, Anyone Can Die retelling where the powers have been brought down to earth and beam spam has real consequences (namely serious injury or death).
Old 2009-11-24, 15:39   Link #19652
Arkeus

Quote:
If you remember from Chrono's infodump in season one, Precia was doing bad and illegal things before Alicia died. One of her illegal experiments is what killed Alicia in the first place.

So Alicia's death wasn't Precia's Start of Darkness, it was the start of her insanity. By removing Alicia's death from the equation, Precia stays evil and sane, with a Dragon who has no reason to waver in her commitment. Dangerous, dangerous.

What Precia's motives are to gather the Jewel Seeds (rather than traveling to Al Hazard to resurrect Alicia) is something different that I won't go into here because it's something of a major spoiler.
Actually while it's on a different continuity the movie manga had quite a few hints of Precia being framed for those illegal experiments.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:42   Link #19653
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Stop trying to take my Big Bad away. D:

Interesting info there on Precia being framed though, but since this is a major AU it doesn't matter. ^^; Anyway having already seen emo!Nanoha, I've pretty much declared the movie tie-in manga Discontinuity.
Old 2009-11-24, 15:54   Link #19654
Re-Hikari
nana~

Send a message via MSN to Re-Hikari
Quote:
The Name of War
Loved the cookie metaphor. Very smart ^^ Oh, and Vivio's last thought kind of stings >.<

@Satashi: Poor Feito-chan T_T I know this might sound a bit mean towards her, but I actually want the Alicia mentioned here to be the real Alicia, not just another clone XD It'd really spice things up =3
Re-Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:54   Link #19655
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:

Well, it's not Staying Alive, but I have Chrono and Yuuno doing 'Bombs over Bagdad' remixed as...

Spoiler for BEAMS OVER BELKA!!!:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:55   Link #19656
Arkeus

Quote:

Interesting info there on Precia being framed though, but since this is a major AU it doesn't matter. ^^; Anyway having already seen emo!Nanoha, I've pretty much declared the movie tie-in manga Discontinuity.
Same here about Emo!Nanoha.

But, yeah, they might have decided that inverse the producter chose to have a more morally ambiguous big bad (though Precia in MGLN did say she was innocent).

Anyway, good start. Wasn't Fate not born but grown to be 6-7 in a few months though? If so, is Nanoha fighting against a 6 yo? <_<
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:59   Link #19657
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I wasn't able to confirm that, so I extrapolated that Fate grew up normally (as Erio, Subaru and Ginga did) and thus would need an equal amount of time in order for the not-so-dead Alicia to grow up.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:22   Link #19658
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Quote:
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-2:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-3:
Spoiler for Alternatives 5-4:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-5:
Poor Fate, now she feels REALLY out of place.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 19:08   Link #19659
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
The Name of War
Eeee! I'm so very excited with this update!

Quote:

I'm looking forward to more of this, I admit when I saw this I went: 'Oh, no! This is what I get for writing slow!' But it turns out that we're exploring different things and you got some really interesting premise! Although I did have some concerns about why Precia was evil in your continuity but I'm willing to wait for the next chapters to find out what drives this Precia.

Interestingly, according to the sound stages about the movie, the movie is actually a movie within the MSLN continuity. Kinda like Macross' Do You Remember?

Here's a quote from Jimmy C from the Music thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Just gone through the chinese sub of the Movie SS.
According to the SS, a certain world (that is unnamed, heh) is shooting the movie. Nanoha and Fate go look over the materials for the movie (scripts, design prints, costumes and props of their Devices) at the start of their discs. Nanoha is first and Fate's visit is a week later.
It also looks like Nanoha and Fate got some oversight role in the movie's production. On Nanoha's Side, we also have Subaru talking with Tia about who's going to watch the movie together, basically everyone in the cast on the friendly side as of MC0078 (when the SS takes place.)
Most of both Sides have everyone involved in the Seeds case reminicing about those days over a bunch of unsorted photos taken over the years.
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 19:11   Link #19660
Insane Inquisitor

Dr Who/MGLN crossover

A Correspondence Through Space and Time: Chapter Two is now up!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5519512/...Time_and_Space

For those who want a taster of Chapter two, here are two messages from the exchange.

Spoiler for a selected exchange of letters, no. 1:

Spoiler for a selected exchange of letters, no. 2:

Enjoy! Updates (hopefully) every Wednesday!
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha