AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-11-28, 19:02   Link #141
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I thought of it as a real post just in case that it was real.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:07   Link #142
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I don't have a problem people liking Twilight. It's the part where they think it's the best thing since slice bread. Liking something as guilty pleasure and thinking something is genius is two different things.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:16   Link #143
Yoiyumeo
Spiritual Anime Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I noticed...alot of anti-twilighers are anime fans...
Its probably because we already saw this type of stories zillions of times. So its not creative nor original to us. Obviously, we think anime is better, in which to me, it is. Probably the twilight fans (that most are not in the internet)are saying animes aren't really that good.
Yoiyumeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 19:19   Link #144
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Its probably because we already saw this type of stories zillions of times. So its not creative nor original to us. Obviously, we think anime is better, in which to me, it is. Probably the twilight fans (that most are not in the internet)are saying animes aren't really that good.
Six of my friends like twilight...and guess what two of them are "real" (don't want to use the term hardcorse or something) Anime&manga fans (they cosplay, watch in season etc.) and the otherfour are casual watcher so I don't think this matches.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:21   Link #145
Yoiyumeo
Spiritual Anime Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Six of my friends like twilight...and guess what two of them are really Anime&manga fans (they cosplay, watch in season etc.) and the otherfour are casual watcher so I don't think this matches.
I meant the ones that don't watch anime commonly, or don't watch it at all.
Yoiyumeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 19:36   Link #146
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I like Twilight. It's so awesome to make fun of! xD
One of my favourites is the re-definition of vegetarianism. Because, you know, animals can't suffer, and are generally the same as vegetables.
My dog grew on a tree.

Also, the adjectives. I love the adjectives!
Even Edward's breath smells yummy.

What else... oh yes, the kiss that can induces comas!
I tried reading a whole book of the series once... never left the shop with it.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:38   Link #147
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
I do prefer anime/manga, but I don't think it's better then other medium. I believe in the law of '90% of entertainment is crap', and it applies to any medium. I prefer my moe bishies then sparkling vampires.

Twilight is just like a typical shoujo manga. But the bishie sparkles doesn't really work in real life. The closest shoujo manga to twilight is probably (shoot me) Vampire Knight, and at least Vampire Knight has pretty art and the female lead is decent (Hocchaaaaaaan~).

Anyone been on Twilightsucks forums? I swear about 20% of the posts contain a Hetalia avatar or siggy. I have concluded Hetalia fangirls dislike twilight. But then Hetalia fangirls are no better then Twilight fangirls, in terms of obessiveness.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:40   Link #148
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
I think it depends on the persons understanding whether they'll like the saga..
katiemirmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 19:41   Link #149
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by mana-past View Post
@ RadiantBeam - why doesn't New Moon's papercut with Jasper going wild, count as being a vampire urge? That makes no sense!
I barely count it because nothing actually comes from it. True, Bella gets scared and gets cut up and Edward decides to abandon her, but it isn't a real urge, in my mind, because nothing happens to Bella. She doesn't get bitten, no blood is sucked, nothing. All she does is get thrown backwards and Jasper is subdued.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:54   Link #150
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I like Twilight. It's so awesome to make fun of! xD
One of my favourites is the re-definition of vegetarianism. Because, you know, animals can't suffer, and are generally the same as vegetables.
My dog grew on a tree.

Also, the adjectives. I love the adjectives!
Even Edward's breath smells yummy.

What else... oh yes, the kiss that can induces comas!
I tried reading a whole book of the series once... never left the shop with it.
This post is making me laugh a lot.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:54   Link #151
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Remember that you asked for it.

Now, granted, I won't touch on the whole Dues Ex Machina that is "OMG we just met and have known each other for two weeks but you're my one true love!111!!1" that was a majority of Bella's reaction to Edward. Note, of course, how quickly they 'fall in love'; there is no real build-up, no real bonding, they just are suddenly in a meadow and declaring their love for each other. Right.

But MY personal issue: Edward/Bella is the poster child of an abusive, controlling relationship.

Bella's whole world revolves around Edward. As soon as she gets with him, she spends more time with the Cullens and less time with her human friends and family; hell, she's cold to her own dad! Bella is dependent on Edward to the point of obsession, and that isn't healthy. If she can't have Edward, woe is her, because life isn't worth living without her cold, hard, sparkling marble man. And note that as soon as she decides to marry him and become a vampire, that's it: no college, no future, nothing.

Edward. Oh, Eddy, have I got a bone to pick with you. Watching your loved one sleep? Not extremely creepy. Sneaking into her window to watch her sleep all night, every night before you even date? For months? THAT IS CREEPY AS BLOODY HELL. He gets annoyed with her when she wants to hang out with humans and constantly puts down her friends; come Eclipse he goes so far as to have Alice babysit Bella when he's hunting and takes out the damned engine of her car when she goes to visit Jacob! That isn't love, that is a stalker, and a sparkly one at that!

Not to mention the morning after scene in Breaking Dawn. Bella wakes up after her first night with her "one true love".... completely covered in purple bruises from head to toe. I cringed. That isn't what lovemaking is, SMeyers. Yes, it can get rough, but the whole body shouldn't be covered in bruises. What's wrong with just a few bruises along her sensitive areas? Or, you know, gentle lovemaking? I thought Edward was worried about hurting her, so why is she covered in damn bruises?!!

Therefore, my problem with the relationship: No buildup, unhealthy obsession and no future on Bella's part, and creepy stalker tendencies on Edward's part. How this is considered a healthy, loving relationship by anyone who reads this saga is beyond me.
LOL. just read this now..and congrats..you made me laugh..I agree with this
Old 2009-11-28, 19:56   Link #152
SoulCorpse
WhO PuT BaKOn In My SoUP!

Isn't twilight AWESOME....not. Everyone knows the author of twilight can't write for shit. It's like reading a 5 year olds interpretation of vampire wuv. Steven King even told her she can't write shit. But i guess thats fine since it's better explained in the movie.....if the movie wasn't so fucking gay. It's a very sad cliche of all vampire romance genres out there. It ain't jack shit compared to true blood. The girl acts like her life is soooooooo fucking terrible, the werewolf's a stalker rapist, and the vampire is a cliche knight in shiny sparkly fucking armor. Twilight should become Midnight and lose itself in the darkness, never to be seen again. *bask in the glory* wouldn't that be nice XD

In the begining their was Cupcake, and Cupcake was with Gir, and Cupcake was Gir. With out Cupcake everything that is would not be.
SoulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 20:04   Link #153
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This post is making me laugh a lot.
xD Glad I managed to amuse someone despite my momentary sleepiness.
Old 2009-11-28, 20:05   Link #154
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCorpse View Post
Isn't twilight AWESOME....not. Everyone knows the author of twilight can't write for shit. It's like reading a 5 year olds interpretation of vampire wuv. Steven King even told her she can't write shit. But i guess thats fine since it's better explained in the movie.....if the movie wasn't so fucking gay. It's a very sad cliche of all vampire romance genres out there. It ain't jack shit compared to true blood. The girl acts like her life is soooooooo fucking terrible, the werewolf's a stalker rapist, and the vampire is a cliche knight in shiny sparkly fucking armor. Twilight should become Midnight and lose itself in the darkness, never to be seen again. *bask in the glory* wouldn't that be nice XD
hmm..it would be nice..
Old 2009-11-28, 20:10   Link #155
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Just got back from seeing the New Moon movie with my friends. Gah. Wasn't horribly bad, but the tender moments between Edward and Bella made me cringe in my seat just from listening to them, and the whole slow motion thing they had going for the Jasper attack/Bella run/Felix fight made the moments funny, not dramatic.

Though I must say, Taylor is quite hot. I'd dump Edward for him in a heartbeat!
Old 2009-11-28, 20:16   Link #156
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ It would indeed.

You guys should know how much fun I'm having here, reading Twilight hate posts! It's so different from my life... Which is good... It's so hard having Twihards as all your friends. Ugh. I go to a girls' school, and seriously, 2 thirds of the school saw the movie on the opening weekend. I wanted to scream!
Old 2009-11-28, 20:26   Link #157
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
^ It would indeed.

You guys should know how much fun I'm having here, reading Twilight hate posts! It's so different from my life... Which is good... It's so hard having Twihards as all your friends. Ugh. I go to a girls' school, and seriously, 2 thirds of the school saw the movie on the opening weekend. I wanted to scream!
I feel bad for you
Old 2009-11-28, 20:28   Link #158
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

My two best friends are major Twilight fans, but they're pretty rational about it... usually. They ganged up on me tonight because I wasn't impressed with the movie.
Old 2009-11-28, 20:31   Link #159
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
My two best friends are major Twilight fans, but they're pretty rational about it... usually. They ganged up on me tonight because I wasn't impressed with the movie.
Aw, that's sad... See? The Twilight franchise really does get in the way of friendships and communication between friends! It's taking over society!

Luckily enough I have a friend who's not impressed by Twilight. Just one.
Old 2009-11-28, 20:32   Link #160
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well, normally it isn't a problem because they're rational and willing to admit that overall it isn't a good series. The movie just got them really worked up into fangirl mode.