Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-04, 01:36   Link #41
filthydani

Thank god next epsiode isnt filler, i wonder when it will be back
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 01:42   Link #42
Alchemist007
*Author

There's hardly been any unnecessary filler, if they went strictly with manga material the episodes would be much shorter.
Old 2009-12-04, 01:55   Link #43
james0246

^I wouldn't quite say that. This episode alone covered nearly 3+ chapters after all (though, for what ever reason, they took out the main Kirin blast).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 02:53   Link #44
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual View Post
No offense intended dude. But this just sound like someone got bullied a bit to much from his older brother
Nah from my older sister

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 04:47   Link #45
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
The crunchyroll episode ends right when sasuke looks over at him when he is on the ground, almost positive there is more... WTF CRUNCH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Oh, about the ending, the Crunchyroll episode that I watched cut out the last minute or so of the episode.
Watch the TV version of the episode if they don't fix it.
10characters
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 05:12   Link #46
Kavaron

Will we ever find out why Itachi was coughing blood? Also why he did hesitate to pull Sasuke's eyeballs out? Would he have done the same if he wasn't dieing? I hope most of these questions get answered over the next episodes.

RIP Itachi and Oro. I am Oro's biggest fan and I wanted so much to take control of Sasuke's body..
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 05:16   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, I completely forgot about that extra snake trying to get away, when reading the manga. Now i have to wonder why it was shown at all when the snake doesn't even get away...

Last edited by Haak; 2009-12-04 at 07:33.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 07:28   Link #48
Jehuty

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-04, 07:32   Link #49
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Kirin was completely underwhelming, you could barely tell a kilometers-long pillar of lightning leveled the entire mountain if not for the fact there was no mountain to be seen afterward.
Yeah, I was definitely expecting something different for Kirin. Especially considering that the overall animation for this episode was top notch.
Old 2009-12-04, 08:20   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just watched the episode, can't say it was just how I imagined it would be...low budget's low, but kirin deserved better. Susano'o was on a totally different level, I actually liked that part quite a bit...with spirit shield and sword, Itachi=invincible^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 08:34   Link #51
Sbetsho

For the first time, I had to give the episode 10
Old 2009-12-04, 10:46   Link #52
chickdigger802

overall fight was pretty good. Flashbacks were boring because didn't they already did that flashback at least twice pre shippuden? And was rather disappointed that the fight had little taijitsu especially when the opening had a pretty awesome blade fight =/

Stupid lightning thing is so dumb though, They couldn't just make it a 'flash of lightning'? From the way they describe it, its basically getting hit by lightning, not get vaporized by a waterfall of light...

The sad thing is that now with this fight is over, there's nothing really looking forward to anymore (manga been pretty stupid after this fight).
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 11:05   Link #53
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
The sad thing is that now with this fight is over, there's nothing really looking forward to anymore (manga been pretty stupid after this fight).
It's too bad you feel that way, I think things keep getting more and more interesting from this point on.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:34   Link #54
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
And was rather disappointed that the fight had little taijitsu especially when the opening had a pretty awesome blade fight =/
That part was actually included in their fight, something quite rare for an intro scene.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 11:51   Link #55
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthydani View Post
Thank god next epsiode isnt filler, i wonder when it will be back
How could it be filler, when Naruto and his team are still in the middle of a fight? Really, you guys should use your head for a second before freaking out about fillers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That part was actually included in their fight, something quite rare for an intro scene.
It played out in a different way though
Old 2009-12-04, 12:15   Link #56
Oida

I wonder what Itachi told Sasuke before he died. I'd guess that he was either controlled by someone (Madara?) or ressurected(or is he also being controlled?) by Pain and the jutsu lost its power when he was near death, so he told him something about Madara/Akatsuki.

And why did he fight when he was injured? The other Akatsuki member said that it wasn't because he overused his powers, so was he dead and controlled all the time while his body was rotting away? That would explain why Itachi couldn't dodge some of Sasuke's attacks, because he also had to fight Naruto & co as Tobi. Does Madara even have a real body of his own then? If Itachi just wanted Sasuke's normal sharingan, he could have easily taken it a few years ago. It was also said that he could control the Kyuubi, so I guess it's also possible he can control other people.

Another possibility would be that Madara kept Itachi alive in case he needs another sharingan in the future, but Itachi would have become too strong after taking Sasuke's, so he poisoned him.
Oida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 15:01   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow, I completely forgot about that extra snake trying to get away, when reading the manga. Now i have to wonder why it was shown at all when the snake doesn't even get away...
Orochimaru made of himself a monster to have the power of rebirth of the white snake. That scene shows Orochimaru's monster-like persistence, how difficult it is to definitively kill him, as if even the last cell of his body (like Cell in dragon ball) is fighting to survive. This insane level of survival ability that seemingly can survive anything was destroyed by susano and amaterasu. The scene shows how Itachi's powers destroyed even the last trace of Orochimaru, so that we can be sure that this time Orochimaru was really destroyed. Orochimaru is now dead but his legacy is inside Kabuto.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 15:03   Link #58
Nosauz

I'm pretty sure orochimaru isn't "dead" per se since kabuto contains his "cells" much like ghola's from dune i assume orochimaru still has a part or two to play.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 15:04   Link #59
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
How could it be filler, when Naruto and his team are still in the middle of a fight? Really, you guys should use your head for a second before freaking out about fillers.
Well technically... Bleach has done it on a couple occasions lol.

Anyways... Too many freaking questions I want answered now. I love seeing the preview for next episode and we already see Naruto charging into battle is rasengan.

It's so weird that the main character of the series is the most boring to watch. I can't think off the top of my head of another series where I don't look forward to seeing the main character doing battle.

It's kinda lame you have Shikamaru with his crazy battle plans, and Sasuke/Ero-Senin with their wide range of justu's and techniques... then comes Naruto with two moves (Shadow clones+Rasengen) that he does over and over and over.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 15:07   Link #60
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Well technically... Bleach has done it on a couple occasions lol.

Anyways... Too many freaking questions I want answered now. I love seeing the preview for next episode and we already see Naruto charging into battle is rasengan.

It's so weird that the main character of the series is the most boring to watch. I can't think off the top of my head of another series where I don't look forward to seeing the main character doing battle.

It's kinda lame you have Shikamaru with his crazy battle plans, and Sasuke/Ero-Senin with their wide range of justu's and techniques... then comes Naruto with two moves (Shadow clones+Rasengen) that he does over and over and over.
This is why you read the manga, and just feel the aniticpation build as your favorite arcs get animated. Ah good times.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion