wnkryo
HainShodan

This anime is sweeet.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 13:07   Link #462
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderSX
for ep 17, what chapter are they currently on, or chapter 16 if no one has seen the raw
I know that the past arc had gone into Vol. 6 but in ep.16 the storyline reverts back to Mid Vol.4 of the manga . Which is wierd because up to that point, the anime storyline was following the manga accurately, with the exception of Maya telling the past arc story.
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 06:25   Link #463
Danger

can someone tell me the name of the ending theme for tenjou tenge?

please and thank you.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 12:10   Link #464
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger
can someone tell me the name of the ending theme for tenjou tenge?

please and thank you.
Its called Aishite ne motto by Aiko Kayou.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 13:03   Link #465
HopelessLover

Episode 14 was completely annoying. Infact this series has become one of the worse case of a good anime turned bad that I have ever seen. How long will these flashback episodes last???!! It's already been 5 episodes straight....
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 16:38   Link #466
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
Episode 14 was completely annoying. Infact this series has become one of the worse case of a good anime turned bad that I have ever seen. How long will these flashback episodes last???!! It's already been 5 episodes straight....
The Flashbacks take up like 3 volumes of the manga I think. It's a VERY LONG arc without two of the main characters (Bob & Souichiro) appearing at all.

I believe if they are recapping everything from the manga there's still a few more flashback episodes to go.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 19:19   Link #467
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
The Flashbacks take up like 3 volumes of the manga I think. It's a VERY LONG arc without two of the main characters (Bob & Souichiro) appearing at all.

I believe if they are recapping everything from the manga there's still a few more flashback episodes to go.

WTF~!!!!

They might as well start a new anime since they forgot what was the old story was about....
Old 2004-08-05, 19:27   Link #468
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
They might as well start a new anime since they forgot what was the old story was about....
Actually, the past arc is very important with regard to what the story is all about. But I somewhat agree with your statement though--that the series is a case of good anime turned bad. It started out with a bang and all, but (well, I hate to make this comparison...) the manga is indeed better.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:17   Link #469
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Actually, the past arc is very important with regard to what the story is all about. But I somewhat agree with your statement though--that the series is a case of good anime turned bad. It started out with a bang and all, but (well, I hate to make this comparison...) the manga is indeed better.
I've found this flashback arc a nice departure from the loosely stereotypical route it was taking (very likable good characters, very detestable evil characters, and they are in conflict because evil is stronger). This arc has so far made Maya and Mitsuomi both much more interesting characters, in that it has added dimensions to them that aren't obvious in the first 9 or so episodes.
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:28   Link #470
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
I've found this flashback arc a nice departure from the loosely stereotypical route it was taking (very likable good characters, very detestable evil characters, and they are in conflict because evil is stronger). This arc has so far made Maya and Mitsuomi both much more interesting characters, in that it has added dimensions to them that aren't obvious in the first 9 or so episodes.
i totally agree, i found this past arc great and in fact better than the current story i wouldn't mind staying in this past arc because i find all the caracters more interesting than the new ones.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:52   Link #471
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
i totally agree, i found this past arc great and in fact better than the current story i wouldn't mind staying in this past arc because i find all the caracters more interesting than the new ones.

The problem is that the series is only slated for 26 episodes, and it should not have a 6-8 episode long "arc" that's all flashbacks. It completely took a huge detour from the main story, and if they wanted to do that then they might as well started off with the flashbacks and then led up to the main story line.

Oh and by they way, just becuase it was also in the manga doesn't make it any more right.
Old 2004-08-07, 00:24   Link #472
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
The problem is that the series is only slated for 26 episodes, and it should not have a 6-8 episode long "arc" that's all flashbacks. It completely took a huge detour from the main story, and if they wanted to do that then they might as well started off with the flashbacks and then led up to the main story line.

Oh and by they way, just becuase it was also in the manga doesn't make it any more right.
I agree.

Though the past arc is arguably one of the best parts in the manga's plot, I also feel that it almost superseded the present one. I think for the manga, it was okay, if not a bit too long. However, since the anime version is more of an edited and trimmed down version of the manga's plot, the staff decided to trim it down and cut into two parts. And because of the 26 episode limit, (well, I assume it's 26...) it becomes harder to pull it off.

Then again, mere flashbacks cannot do justice to the past arc. Maybe they should've made an OVA for it instead.
Old 2004-08-07, 01:35   Link #473
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I agree.

Though the past arc is arguably one of the best parts in the manga's plot, I also feel that it almost superseded the present one. I think for the manga, it was okay, if not a bit too long. However, since the anime version is more of an edited and trimmed down version of the manga's plot, the staff decided to trim it down and cut into two parts. And because of the 26 episode limit, (well, I assume it's 26...) it becomes harder to pull it off.

Then again, mere flashbacks cannot do justice to the past arc. Maybe they should've made an OVA for it instead.

Probably right, although it would be a long OVA. You'd need like a 6-9 episode OVA just to do this arc.

I can't see how this show can have a conclusion in 26 episodes from the point it's at right now.

The manga isn't even anywhere near a conclusion (that I can see) and it's into 11 volumes.

Could this just end on a cliff-hanger or not a conclusion and the producers leave it open-ended for a second season?
Old 2004-08-07, 15:58   Link #474
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Well, I'm guessing second season, perhaps, since TenTen looks like it's gonna be one of those drawn-out epics. I found the animation a little strange (why do the female characters have such enormous thighs o.O?) Tho Maya in her regular form is pretty darn fine, and the Vice-President is a fox too . Heh, but back on topic, it looks interesting enought to warrant a watch. I'm up to episode 5, and I haven't seen any significant action (Ep. 4 previews may say, Fights! Explosions! but we get a bland filler where the Student Council sits and contemplates) Can anyone tell me if the manga is any better? I may head over to that instead if the anime gets too slow for me. Thx ^^
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 22:54   Link #475
The Elf

Yep! The manga is WAY better than the anime, so if you like the anime, then you'll probably love the manga much more! I haven't read many mangas, but I've never seen drawings as beautiful as Oh Great's. IMO, it's the best manga ever.

Warning! High ecchi factor (no hentai).

Two words for you: read it
The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 23:13   Link #476
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf
Yep! The manga is WAY better than the anime, so if you like the anime, then you'll probably love the manga much more! I haven't read many mangas, but I've never seen drawings as beautiful as Oh Great's. IMO, it's the best manga ever.

Yes, the manga is a must read and I pray that DC Comics new Manga division doesn't edit it whenever they release it.

Probably not until 2005.
Old 2004-08-07, 23:19   Link #477
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf

How many chapters has been released of the manga?
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 02:03   Link #478
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNIte
Could this just end on a cliff-hanger or not a conclusion and the producers leave it open-ended for a second season?
Open-ended is the way to go. There's just no way the series can stand on its own if it were to come up with its own ending.

Spoiler:

Besides, the manga is still continuing its run in Ultra Jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Aion|
How many chapters has been released of the manga?
There are 76 chapters so far. You'll have to be patient since Oh! Great is splitting his time between Tenjo Tenge and Air Gear.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-08-08 at 02:16.
Old 2004-08-09, 12:17   Link #479
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Yes, the manga is a must read and I pray that DC Comics new Manga division doesn't edit it whenever they release it.

Probably not until 2005.
Lets hope Kieth Giffen (English Adapter for Ikkitousen & other horribly adapted Tokyopop mangas) stays away from this project.

Last edited by Silent Otaku; 2004-08-10 at 08:12.
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 01:12   Link #480
Aj04

Guys its anime its gotta have explaining all anime does

Actually you guys do post a good point. But every anime series has it explaining episodes. Tengo Tenge just happens to have them all at once. I would bet you guys a hundred dollars it gets better i promise. I mean look at Naruto thats gotta be one of the top 10 animes to ever be created. And it even had its explainin episodes. Well gotta go im out.
Aj04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen