Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-12-17, 15:01   Link #121
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I guess that interpretation is born from your own desires and preferences.
That's not true. I am not a SasuNaru or yaoi fan. I am just interpreting what I see in the manga. I use to laugh off the Sasuke x Naruto stuff too. I use to think Naruto saw Sasuke as a blood brother. I thought it was about Sauske being the first one of his peers to acknowledge Naruto. Someone Naruto identified with. Now I think it's going too far. This is the type of stuff you see in love stories. Where a love becomes so strong it makes you physically ill and you won't listen to reason about someone's actions.
Old 2009-12-17, 15:04   Link #122
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
That's not true. I am not a SasuNaru or yaoi fan. I am just interpreting what I see in the manga. I use to laugh off the Sasuke x Naruto stuff too. I use to think Naruto saw Sasuke as a blood brother. I thought it was about Sauske being the first one of his peers to acknowledge Naruto. Someone Naruto identified with. Now I think it's going too far. This is the type of stuff you see in love stories. Where a love becomes so strong it makes you physically ill and you won't listen to reason about someone's action.
I admit that there are more feeling between Naruto and Sasuke than between anyone else in the story.

I admit that Naruto cares about Sasuke the most.

I admit that Naruto and Sasuke both rejected Sakura.

I admit that the first and only cannon kiss we've seen so far was the one of Sasuke and Naruto.

I guess I simply can't deny it anymore.
Old 2009-12-17, 15:28   Link #123
Kaiba

Quote:
I guess that interpretation is born from your own desires and preferences.
Not really. I'll freely admit that I found yaoi to be disgusting, but I really can't help but agree with Dede. All of what Naruto is thinking before he loses it is... Sasuke. Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke. There's nothing about the destruction of the village, of the war, and so on. It's on Sasuke.

Honestly, if Naruto was not written for teenagers and thus required an "everyone is happy" ending, it would be really, really easy to turn the manga into this point into a direction similar to Heaven's Feel from F/SN, except gay.

That aside, I don't care for him, but I can't be the only one who found Sasuke's face on the last page so deliciously evil.

Last edited by Kaiba; 2009-12-17 at 15:59.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 15:37   Link #124
JustRob

Yeah I'm actually kinda freaked out about this development... I mean, I honestly think right now Kishi is intending for him to be gay.

Not that I have anything against gays, it's just that I always imagined Naruto ending up with Sakura.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 17:57   Link #125
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I knew Danzo couldn't die that easily. Let's see how this fight will play out.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 18:30   Link #126
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
Another country and village can't name someone in another country and village Hokage (or other equivalent). They don't have that power or right nor would anyone tolerate that level of meddling in their internal affairs. The idea that Kakashi even entertained the idea was stupid when it was done. Not going to happen unless Danzou dies which doesn't seem likely.
All the sand village is doing is saying they back Kakashi as the new hokage. Yes someone needs to get back to Konoha to explain the situation with Danzou before anyone makes it official, but considering the war, the sand is just trying to get a jump start on some diplomacy with Konoha. Besides, if I recall correct, Danzou isn't officially Hokage yet either. He still needs to be voted on by the Jounin. He lost the trust of all the kage's at the summit, so Kakashi already having the support of another village's kage will greatly increase the likelihood that the village will accept him as the new hokage.

I must admit, although I'm really not a fan of Sasuke, he did look cool in this chapter. Of course Danzou wouldn't have died, we haven't even begun to see what he's capable of with that arm. The thing I'm wondering is what's left for Sasuke? Sasanoo's probably his best move (at least it was Itachi's final trump card). Using that immediately and instantly having it fail I can't help but wonder where in the world he can go from here?

Like many of you, I really hope this collapse of Naruto is simply showing that he's finally got it through his thick skull that Sasuke's unredeamable. Unfortunately I can't imagine that being the case. After hundreds of manga's all aiming towards rescuing Sasuke how could he suddenly change his mind because more of his friends had given up? Someone said he needed to learn from the Sannin as they did with Oro, but isn't the point that Naruto will be revolutionary? Even as he was dying Jariaha said he considered one of his big failures loosing Oro. Naruto has to find a way to suceed where the past generation failed.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 19:03   Link #127
DarthDestroiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Woah Sasuke's Susanoo hand looks like a hand from his CS2.
And Naruto, well, maybe he has some problems with his health after all..
maybe he haves itachi and kimimaro sickbness (would be interesting how he would get rid of that)
DarthDestroiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 19:17   Link #128
JustRob

Or maybe someone wrote his name in their Death Note
Old 2009-12-17, 19:36   Link #129
Kuroshinobu

Has anyone realized on the last page that Susanoo has 5 fingers and 1 thumb? Was it always like that?
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 19:37   Link #130
JustRob

I think Susano can be changed into various shapes.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:40   Link #131
SeanQ

Seriously now...Naruto knocked himself out because of Sasuke...? Kakashi should've been like "Good, now he won't slow us down, leave him there while we get this plot moving..."
Old 2009-12-17, 20:03   Link #132
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
I think Susano can be changed into various shapes.
I agree, Itachi's susan'o looked diferently than Sasuke's. I supose it take the form of the darknes inside of you, so it's diferent for every person.
Old 2009-12-17, 20:19   Link #133
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
This is a great point. Naruto never thought about Konoha, Kakashi, Tsunade, Sakura, his friends, the war, etc, during his panic attack. It was one thing...Sasuke. So I can't buy that this was all a build up starting with Jiraiya's death. He could deal with everything else, or at least be talked to like when Shika got him over Jiraiya. But not with Sasuke. Sasuke is the thing that sets him off.

At this point I am beginning to think Naruto is truly in love with Sasuke. Itachi did those things because Sasuke was his beloved brother. Naruto has no blood relation to Sasuke. This is beyond some sort of blood brother bond. So what is one to think?
It is true that Naruto didnt get flashbacks of anything but Sasuke but u cant deny that ever since Jiraiya's death and his chat with Pain made Naruto's personality change... from his talk with Inos father when he wanted to talk alone with Pain, his actual conversation with Pain, he offering himself to get beaten to a pulp, kneeling before the Raikage and ever since they arrived to the samurai country, all he did was sit around thinking about the same thing...

I dont think being blood related or not has anything to do with how much u care for someone.... to Naruto, someone that was born alone to the world, Sasuke is as close as a brother as there can be.... maybe even more than many blood related ones since he knows what it means to be alone.

It would be nice to see the old Naruto come back to life....
Old 2009-12-17, 20:24   Link #134
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
It is true that Naruto didnt get flashbacks of anything but Sasuke but u cant deny that ever since Jiraiya's death and his chat with Pain made Naruto's personality change... from his talk with Inos father when he wanted to talk alone with Pain, his actual conversation with Pain, he offering himself to get beaten to a pulp, kneeling before the Raikage and ever since they arrived to the samurai country, all he did was sit around thinking about the same thing...

I dont think being blood related or not has anything to do with how much u care for someone.... to Naruto, someone that was born alone to the world, Sasuke is as close as a brother as there can be.... maybe even more than many blood related ones since he knows what it means to be alone.
If Iruka were to die, even if Sasuke killed him...Naruto would not drop dead like he did for Sasuke, he would probably be like "Oh no, Now I really need to save Sasuke!"...he's just gay for Sasuke...period lol
Old 2009-12-17, 20:40   Link #135
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

There is a chance Sasuke might be redeamable, like Nagato. This is what i think will happen:

Naruto and Sasuke will have a fight. Sasuke will be mortaly wunded, and like Nagato he will readem himself in his last moments. But during the fight Naruto will lose an eye, before he dies he will give Naruto his sharingan just like Obito did to Kakashi. And than when Naruto faces of against madara it will be sharingan vs sharingan.
Old 2009-12-17, 20:50   Link #136
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sasuke atomic eyes are useless if he lets a pathetic eye stealing geezer to trick him with a genjutsu.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 21:34   Link #137
JustRob

I wonder if Suigetsu and Juugo died offscreen
Old 2009-12-17, 22:00   Link #138
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
I wonder if Suigetsu and Juugo died offscreen
Probably not. But i am sure they are arrested or something like it.
The kages have definetly some questions about them. I think the old kage will do that.

Kazekage is gone home, Raikage is bringing his brother home, Hokage is fighting Sasuke, Tsuchikage is somewhere there in the meeting room i suppose and Mizukage saved Ao.
Old 2009-12-17, 22:19   Link #139
Supermutant

I LOVED this chapter. For all the wrong reasons. It made me smile and laugh.

I realize it was an illusion, but seeing Danzo trying to strike Sasuke with the Sharingan arm was surreal. For a moment, I imagined the thought process behind that. "Sharingans are strong, so putting them in my arm should make my arm strong. Right? It's perfectly logical. Here comes the Sharingan-punch! " Even after that, I liked hearing Danzo's unique perspective on the events of the past. I kind of agree with him.

As for Naruto; he's officially so far gone it's not disappointing, it's hilarious. He's got the vapors now! He's so emo he can't stand up! I appreciate his stress, but you can't not laugh at how his characteristic intensity overwhelms him where a more stoic character would still just squint and shed a tear.

SO GOOD, for so many bad reasons.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 22:28   Link #140
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Can you all imagine how Naruto's breakdown will look on anime, it's going to so funny.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion