AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-10, 08:07   Link #81
DNE
Kyo!

NOOO!!!! WHAT WAS ED DOING?!?!?and Why?!?!
Old 2004-08-10, 08:12   Link #82
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
NOOO!!!! WHAT WAS ED DOING?!?!?and Why?!?!
What was Ed doing at the end of the episode? He was ...

Spoiler:

Is that what you meant?
Old 2004-08-10, 08:38   Link #83
SunGod

Who is maria ross? Someone said something about s/he getting alot of airtime. I don't remember seeing anyone called Maria Ross ...
Old 2004-08-10, 08:46   Link #84
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGod
Who is maria ross? Someone said something about s/he getting alot of airtime. I don't remember seeing anyone called Maria Ross ...
Maria Ross is the tall woman with short dark hair (and mole under her left eye) who was accompanied by Broche to Risembool. She was also the disguise Envy adopted to chase Hughes in the fateful Ep.25.

In Ep.44 she was seen being chatted up by Hohenheim, the hussy...
Old 2004-08-10, 09:00   Link #85
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Pride would kick Mustang's ass. Roy just keeps frying, Pride just keeps coming and slicing.

Presumably Hohenheim knows the puke-up-your-red-stones transmutation that Dante does?
Old 2004-08-10, 09:24   Link #86
Illumina

i really dont think Roy would or should die...

since hughes basically sacrificed himself so Roy can become the Fuhrer. And in the later parts of the anime, Roy is shown as calm, and only trying to achieve his goal. I dont think he will do something stupid, such as confronting a homuculus, he'll prolly just get the truth in some witty way.

Well.. if he did die.. who will become the new Fuhrer? Ed?
Old 2004-08-10, 09:55   Link #87
Blue-Destiny

remaining questions left:

- history of gluttony, envy and e fuhrer
- 'dante' and Hohenheim of Light's relationship
- how e both of them attained e ability 2 do alchemy w/o drawing e circle. (wat did they lose in return 4 e ability)
- wat e hell did Hohenheim being doing all these yrs.
- wrath's weakpoint

after watching and reading so much.. tats all i can tink 4 now.. anyone wanna do a list of questions n mysteries, to sum up left in e remaining episodes tat's yet 2 be answered?

a list of possible theories would b really neat too.
Old 2004-08-10, 10:07   Link #88
DNE
Kyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
What was Ed doing at the end of the episode? He was ...

Spoiler:

Is that what you meant?

ahh right, hmmm, wait untill al finds out, hes gonna go crazy, wont he
Old 2004-08-10, 10:49   Link #89
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
ahh right, hmmm, wait untill al finds out, hes gonna go crazy, wont he
I was actually quite surprised how 'underplayed' that scene was tbh. But Ed is quite single minded at the moment, he knows he can't afford to be too emotional with what lies ahead. But I do think Al will resist the idea of destroying Sloth if she appears in her Trisha form. Al could easily be tricked that way. I can even see him stopping Ed, which could lead to all kinds of angst between them...
Old 2004-08-10, 11:09   Link #90
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
i really dont think Roy would or should die...

since hughes basically sacrificed himself so Roy can become the Fuhrer. And in the later parts of the anime, Roy is shown as calm, and only trying to achieve his goal. I dont think he will do something stupid, such as confronting a homuculus, he'll prolly just get the truth in some witty way.

Well.. if he did die.. who will become the new Fuhrer? Ed?
I don't think Roy Mustang will become the Fuhrer... I mean, what will he become? A beneficial dictator? A democratic movement starter? neither role seems right for him...
Old 2004-08-10, 11:51   Link #91
Illumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I don't think Roy Mustang will become the Fuhrer... I mean, what will he become? A beneficial dictator? A democratic movement starter? neither role seems right for him...

well... he did mention he'll make all the female in the military wear mini-skirts
Old 2004-08-10, 12:29   Link #92
Tallgeese84

Armstrong!

One of my favorite scenes in this episode was the scene with Armstrong and Mustang by the river.

Spoiler for Armstrong:

First time actually posting after months of trolling, hopefully I didnt screw up too bad.
Old 2004-08-10, 16:49   Link #93
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I was actually quite surprised how 'underplayed' that scene was tbh. But Ed is quite single minded at the moment, he knows he can't afford to be too emotional with what lies ahead. But I do think Al will resist the idea of destroying Sloth if she appears in her Trisha form. Al could easily be tricked that way. I can even see him stopping Ed, which could lead to all kinds of angst between them...
You know it really was. I'd even go as far to say that I don't think Ed's going to share this with Al. He didn't spell out his intentions, although he did hint at them. Al's been distracted anyway, with the opportunity to talk to his father, which gives Ed time to plan ...when he calms down.

I can see that too, and I almost would look forward to that. Yes, Al knows she looks like Trisha and knows she's a homonculus, but if she starts talking to him sweetly, much like she did to Ed...he may cave in his resolutions. He's probably more vulnerable to do it than Ed.

But then again we could be wrong, and Al could surprise us. ^^
Old 2004-08-10, 18:17   Link #94
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I too expected a more emotional scene with more deep responses from Ed... Not saying it wasn't emotional, but it didn't really relay how horrific such a thing would truly be... Possibly even more horrific given Ed's exploits over the years and his motives for unearthing his mother's corpse.

Just thinking about having to do something even remotely similar gives me chills. They should have cut back on some of the more pointless scenes and made that bit longer... I just believe it would have made the fans be able to "feel" the atmosphere... Oh well... It was a good episode regardless.

Personally, I don't blame Ed for his feelings toward his father. Especially after all the family had been through, Ed has a reason to be so ticked off. I know I sure as hell would be. Al seemed kind of wishy washy if you asked me.

This raises a question, what the hell was Hohenheim doing for so long?
Old 2004-08-10, 19:04   Link #95
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
This raises a question, what the hell was Hohenheim doing for so long?
That my friend will be answered soon.

Be patient and let the TV series follows its pace. Sure I bet lot of revelations are bound to come within the last seven episodes that'll follow.
Old 2004-08-10, 19:24   Link #96
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

By all accounts it seems that Mustang will visit the Fuhror in his Central office from the stills. Which means he'll be alone other then Hawkeye. ...With Sloth there as well, very presumably. I expect very witty and well-done dialouge, or an explosive fight with Roy versus Pride, and Hawkeye versus Sloth. ...Which they couldn't win, I am all but certain. Which would I hope happens is probably the latter, since I want to see both Mustang /and/ Pride do more action. =D And they do need to show off Pride's moves...
Old 2004-08-10, 20:24   Link #97
Illumina

sloth is @ the homuculus's hideout, i doubt she will go back to the fuhrer, though its possible... If she does leave for the fuhrer, i hope we at least get a scene between her and Hohenheim. That would be very interesting.

I think the fuhrer alone can easily beat Mustang,Hawkeye, & crew easily, adding another homuculus would be overkill.
Old 2004-08-10, 20:53   Link #98
Spooky-Electric

I seem to have lost my spoon a couple of episodes ago.
Old 2004-08-10, 21:03   Link #99
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
sloth is @ the homuculus's hideout, i doubt she will go back to the fuhrer, though its possible... If she does leave for the fuhrer, i hope we at least get a scene between her and Hohenheim. That would be very interesting.

I think the fuhrer alone can easily beat Mustang,Hawkeye, & crew easily, adding another homuculus would be overkill.
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Hrrm. Maybe Envy is posing as the Fuhrer's secretary while everyone is busy? =P
Old 2004-08-10, 21:51   Link #100
Drognen

Did you notice in the preview when Dante touches his face that he has a blue substance restricting him? Hmm, I wonder where Sloth could be...
Closed Thread