AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-18, 17:19   Link #4301
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
It's only in the credits.
I wonder if Deen will find some way to add it in... kinda like how they added text into the 5th episode of the anime before the Tea Party.

Old 2009-12-18, 18:10   Link #4302
Marion
The Great Dine

wow that preview. battler really is phoenix wright now with all the gesturing,'

Besides cutting the blue and red text it looks like they're cutting ange's red text as well.

But at least they didn't spoil Bern and Lambda's troll in the preview

also small bombs will be cut. just watch.
Old 2009-12-18, 18:19   Link #4303
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

It's entirely possible that they may cut the red and blue out.
But it's a preview... I wouldn't count it out just yet based on the scenes we've been shown.

Old 2009-12-18, 18:51   Link #4304
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
wow that preview. battler really is phoenix wright now with all the gesturing,'

Besides cutting the blue and red text it looks like they're cutting ange's red text as well.

But at least they didn't spoil Bern and Lambda's troll in the preview

also small bombs will be cut. just watch.
Battler has bypassed Phoenix Wright by far now with that triplepoint...
Old 2009-12-18, 18:53   Link #4305
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

That's something you can only do if you pass the TRIPLE BAR, isn't it?
Old 2009-12-18, 20:01   Link #4306
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
It's entirely possible that they may cut the red and blue out.
But it's a preview... I wouldn't count it out just yet based on the scenes we've been shown.
I suppose it's too tiring to add the red and blue. They wont add the effects, but they will still say some of it probably.
Judging by the preview, Battler's and Beatrice's relationship seems to be more amplified. I'm hoping the keep most of the ending. The beginning of the RedxBlue Truth Battle would be cut down by Beatrice's saying
Spoiler for Spoiler Warning:

So, I'm guessing she'll just say that and his theory will be cut, then etc.
Old 2009-12-18, 21:06   Link #4307
Qilin
Romanticist

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but the episode 26 preview seems epic.
I especially loved the BGM used... I teared up slightly.

Strange though, I sort of expected the last episode to be named Checkmate, but then again...
Old 2009-12-18, 22:27   Link #4308
Arkwright

I was hoping they wouldn't use the red tint all the time for red truth, because of this episode - half the episode would be tinted red or blue, that would obscure the art and make it less enjoyable to watch.

However if they don't add the letters either, people are going to be confused. And I find it hard to believe that that section with Battler pointing his finger for a while had no blue in it... So I guess it's possible they just didn't show the text for spoiler purposes and will add it in for the real thing, but that seems questionable considering what they have done in previews in the past.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:58   Link #4309
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I seem to recall that the preview for episode 8 with the first appearance of the stakes had slightly different animation than the actual episode, so it's possible they'll touch it up and at least add a tint...which would work a lot better than the letters because yeah, it'd kinda make the rest of the visuals annoying and tacky. But without even a tint...we're going to end up like Battler's sin and make things a Hell of a lot more confusing...
Old 2009-12-19, 09:10   Link #4310
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Didn't they downgrade Asmodeus' summoning in the actual episode though?

Old 2009-12-19, 10:08   Link #4311
maximilianjenus
[E]

it's not a downgrade if you wanted a clearer view of those delicious legs.
Old 2009-12-19, 15:07   Link #4312
Serpit

I guess the ??? Tea Party will only be 1 minute long at most. We see Bern & Lambda together, giggling, talking about the game, Lambda saying what a great actress is and what a fool Battler made of himself (not giving any red to prove it), and then they'll be like "Beato can't win LOL". /trollface
Old 2009-12-19, 15:09   Link #4313
Workworkwork

so uh yeah, did they keep the origin or not?

heaven forbid i speak my opinion. at least i'm having a great Christmas break.
Old 2009-12-19, 17:29   Link #4314
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Yes they did and the episode was really faithful to the source material, the problem is the choice the wrong fing time to adapt so faithfully. In rating the episode by itself I would have to give it a high score, but in it's place for the series.. it's a 1/10.

Anyway DEEN better cut the damn OP out of this episode so they use that time, how hilarious would it be if a fanservice anime like Sora no Otoshimono can remove an OP to fit in more story yet DEEN can't do the same for Umineko. All the finale episodes aside from 5 should've had removed OP and EDs.

I'm hoping the ED is ??? since that's the only way ??? is going to get over 30 seconds lol. Loved the preview for Episode 26, it was better than a lot of episodes in this series. Extremely frustrated at what DEEN did with episode 25. 26 is going to be finale of VN 2 all over again but far worse.
Old 2009-12-20, 10:22   Link #4315
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well 3 days left before DEEN will either salvage the series or completely dessicate it's mangled corpse.

The truth of the matter is... the preview for the finale blew my mind. I might be getting my hopes up but the preview seriously impressed. Time to pray to whatever god you pray to that DEEN manages this by some sort of miracle.

It's still possible as long as the chances aren't 0%.
Old 2009-12-20, 12:25   Link #4316
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well 3 days left before DEEN will either salvage the series or completely dessicate it's mangled corpse.

The truth of the matter is... the preview for the finale blew my mind. I might be getting my hopes up but the preview seriously impressed. Time to pray to whatever god you pray to that DEEN manages this by some sort of miracle.

It's still possible as long as the chances aren't 0%.

The preview was great, but as mentioned before, the lack of any red or blue text scares me.
Old 2009-12-20, 20:26   Link #4317
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Why do people think the red and blue will be missing? Let's be optimistic for the last time, they omitted it in the preview only, because it will be spoilerish. Removing those elements is like suiciding for DEEN.

I'd admit it's not far from happening though, but I'm still hoping they have an ounce of common sense in them.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-12-20, 20:28   Link #4318
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I doubt they've gotten around to adding all the effects yet, so they're just showing what they've got. I hope they keep the violent aspects of the red/blue fight, though, or it bodes really poorly for EP5.

...Not that I would be terribly optimistic about that anyway...
Old 2009-12-20, 21:05   Link #4319
bigemperor

Did everyone know that chiaki kon was also the director of nodame contabile paris-hen? (the second Season of the anime) the first Season of nodame was AN AMAZING ADAPTATION MADE BY Kenichi Kasai (was also the director of honey and clover) but then when the director change in the second season to chiaki kon the adaptation changed and was VERY RUSHED skipping a lot of parts of the manga, EXTREMELY inferior to the first season.

Isn’t it obvious that chiaki kon is the responsible for the horrible adaptation of umineko?
Old 2009-12-20, 21:19   Link #4320
luckyssol

I agree that the director of any anime should shoulder the majority of the blame if that anime is a failure.

However, I don't think any director could have adapted all four arcs of Umineko in 26 episodes properly. Just the first three arcs probably would have been a better adaptation in my opinion.