AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-12, 21:24   Link #1681
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Medical nitroglycerin is stabilized, and isn't taken in sufficient quanties to be explosive.
Old 2009-11-13, 07:31   Link #1682
pmoys

Awesome! Ok, it was just a thought.

I'll try to come up with something more thoroughly researched next time.
Old 2009-11-13, 14:38   Link #1683
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Small bombs is silly. There's a much easier explanation for burst stomachs: A blade.

We already know one must exist on the island; Nanjo and Kumasawa have their throats cut later in the same episode, and throats are cut in ep5 (it's possible it was initially fake, but if the red is accurate, the real killer made sure it wasn't fake at some point in the same manner). The blade is sharp enough to cut through a human throat, so it's not a huge stretch to imagine it can cut open the stomach.

It does depend, of course. If the throat-cutting device is a knife or a scalpel (both would be plenty sharp enough to cut a throat), it gets harder to imagine cutting open a stomach. On the other hand, if it's something like a butcher's knife (which Gohda almost certainly has in the kitchen and wouldn't probably notice one missing) or a sword, it's incredibly easy to accomplish all the tasks that would seem to require cutting.

There's no reason at all to believe the stomachs burst from inside, that the candy was in them beforehand, or any of that. Someone cut them open and shoved it inside.
Old 2009-11-13, 16:57   Link #1684
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I think it was clearly stated that the stomaches were cut. If it was a bomb regardless of the explosive potency you would definitely notice, the wounds wouldn't be that clean, and the sweets themselves would be torn apart.

Small bombs is just impossible.

Old 2009-11-13, 21:12   Link #1685
pmoys

Small bombs is a fun theory to play with though, and a fun meme.
Old 2009-11-17, 16:47   Link #1686
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
A while back I guessed that it had to do with Hideyoshi's death, which the trial didn't even bother to examine. If you exclude Natsuhi as a culprit but continue using Erika's thought process, you're naturally led to suspect that Eva killed her husband and then tampered with the door in some way, possibly conspiring with Gohda. However, since Natsuhi being in the closet could be a lie, it's possible that whoever entered the room last when the scene was discovered had actually slipped out of the closet, which is in a blind spot relative to the rest of the room.

On the other hand, since Natsuhi is alive and we saw her POV in the closet, that wouldn't be consistent with the "lies can only be presented by collaborating observers" theory. So lately, I've started to think that Hideyoshi wasn't dead in the first place. Instead, what Natsuhi heard from the closet was an act for her and possibly Eva's benefit. This would explain why Hideyoshi just happened to come into the room Natsuhi was hiding in and how he "died" even though the supposed killer couldn't have escaped a search of the room. There's not even a reason to believe he was staked, since by the time Erika arrived on the scene, the stake had already (apparently) been pulled out by Eva, and Erika very loudly announced that she didn't care about the body and wasn't going to examine it.
If Hideyoshi didn't die... hmmm there is no red text. You are right...

I wonder why they would put on an act to fake Hideyoshi's death. The mysterious caller could have contacted Eva and Hideyoshi after George's death. If the caller told them that Natsuhi killed George would Eva and Hideyoshi agree to a wierd plan to frame Natsuhi??

After that, Natsuhi she tried to sneak back to her room but Erika caught her. She must have known she was hiding in there...
Old 2009-11-17, 17:13   Link #1687
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
The mysterious caller could have contacted Eva and Hideyoshi after George's death. If the caller told them that Natsuhi killed George would Eva and Hideyoshi agree to a wierd plan to frame Natsuhi??

After that, Natsuhi she tried to sneak back to her room but Erika caught her. She must have known she was hiding in there...
If there is some bizarre frame-up going on and Erika is involved, that would certainly go a long way toward explaining her weird behavior. She could be playing the detective role because someone hired her to do so, and the co-conspirators would naturally go along with that.

That would even give a reason for her to have come to the island secretly before the typhoon started. If I remember correctly, all of the background checking of Erika's story was conducted by Genji, and he was apparently part of this bizarre fake murder scheme, so any information he gave Natsuhi is obviously untrustworthy.
Old 2009-12-16, 06:56   Link #1688
Ceath

Hmm I was on niconico before and noticed an EP6 title Dawn of The Golden Witch.
Not too sure on its validity though.
Old 2009-12-16, 07:05   Link #1689
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceath View Post
It's real but it is not released yet.

Episode 6 discussion should go in this thread until one of the mods makes an episode 6 thread.
Old 2009-12-16, 10:50   Link #1690
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceath View Post
yeah and it will be released on 31 Dec. 15 days countdown!!!

But where's the english translation of eps 5???

hope its released before eps 6.
Old 2009-12-18, 20:30   Link #1691
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
yeah and it will be released on 31 Dec. 15 days countdown!!!

But where's the english translation of eps 5???

hope its released before eps 6.
Hmm... this is a problem though. Once Episode 6 is out, many people would want it, but will be distracted with the Translations! Noo! I want to spoil myself by reading Spoilers =w=.
Old 2009-12-21, 02:54   Link #1692
Jokon

Lightbulb

<wrong thread>

Last edited by Jokon; 2009-12-21 at 02:59. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 2009-12-21, 02:59   Link #1693
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

With Kinzo already dead but his death unackowledged and hidden, his legal status should be that he's still alive. Since the person count was reduced for his death despite him being "legally" alive, this doesn't hold.

Similarly, no authorities are able to process anyone's deaths on the island during the game, so the red clearly isn't bound by legal status.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:06   Link #1694
Ronove

Hmm. Do we haev to go so in term with these words? Legal... alive... blah blah blah.

Remember Episode 3:

Eva-Beatrice declared everyone has died (but Jessica, Eva, and Battler) AFTER Nanjo died. So does the red count during when it's said? This could alter a lot of thinking, and Kinzo is friggin' dead (or at least that's his corpse)

Old 2009-12-24, 21:16   Link #1695
Marion
The Great Dine

She declared them dead after Nanjo died, but that doesn't mean they all dropped dead right before she said the text The red text in EP 3 with Evatrice was just that the listed 15 people were already dead when she said it in red - it never mentioned when they died, hence Battler could make a theory that

X person killed Nanjo
X person then died somehow
Evatrice declared all those people dead.
Old 2009-12-25, 08:59   Link #1696
Cyanide.dream

You guys have any idea when the patch will be released ! I'm very anxiousto play it
Old 2009-12-25, 09:12   Link #1697
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

"very soon" is the only answer that can be given at the moment. Probably any time from now to 2 weeks.

Old 2009-12-25, 10:19   Link #1698
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

ok got 1 question after i saw ep 5. ??? tea party scene:

Spoiler for who the heck?:
Old 2009-12-25, 10:33   Link #1699
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
ok got 1 question after i saw ep 5. ??? tea party scene:

Spoiler for who the heck?:
It's a famous italian writer. He was the one who wrote the divine comedy. Umineko is full of references to it. Such as the name "Virgilia" and even more obvious "Beatrice". there a some more I believe.
Old 2009-12-25, 10:41   Link #1700
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
It's a famous italian writer. He was the one who wrote the divine comedy. Umineko is full of references to it. Such as the name "Virgilia" and even more obvious "Beatrice". there a some more I believe.
Spoiler for ep 5:
Closed Thread