AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-22, 17:11   Link #21
noktown

Because Luffy is raging mad,there is a matter of minutes before his brother gets executed,so he blindly KO's everyone that tries to stop him.

Coby just didn't realize the seriousness of the situation,well perhaps he did(there's a war after all),but he didn't understand how important it was to Luffy.
Old 2009-12-22, 17:19   Link #22
marvelB

The way I see it, Coby is in a somewhat similar situation as Luffy: That is, he's surrounded by opponents who are way beyond his league. Actually, in a way you could say that Coby has it rougher since he hasn't even caught up to Luffy at this stage in the game. However, I think he (and Helmeppo too, I guess) already came pretty far along in a rather short amount of time since being taken under Garp's wing, so he just needs a little more time before he can catch up to his old friend-turned-nemesis. Still, I wonder if he really WILL be able to reach the admiral rank by the time he has his final battle with Luffy in the New World, especially when another of Luffy's pursuers, Smoker, is so much closer to achieving that status.....?
Old 2009-12-22, 17:35   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Kuma is a Pacifista himself. He is PX-0, he is the complete perfect human weapon. He is their leader. That would explain why he can command the other ones. I think the PX's hve the command not to attack the Shichbukai at the moment at least. I still think the plan will be to take them out towards the end.
Kuma is not their leader. He is merely the prototype for the pacifista project. If anything, the leader would be Dr. Vegapunk since he's the one who actually creates and programs them to carry out their missions.
Old 2009-12-22, 17:36   Link #24
andy

I don't think coby is going to be a admiral by the end of OP . I see smoker more as luffy rival than anyone else.

As for coby , luffy is out of time so he got OHKO . No one really expects coby to put up a fight vs a serious luffy right now.
Old 2009-12-22, 19:12   Link #25
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I see Coby being like Garp.
A Legendary Vice-Admiral.
Helmeppo being Coby's right hand, like Bogart.
Or become a Vice-Admiral himself.
Smoker would be a Admiral.
Akainu would be the Fleet Admiral.
Old 2009-12-22, 19:32   Link #26
marvelB

Honestly, I'm kinda unsure if Coby would even reach VA rank when he has his climactic battle with Luffy in the New World. I see him reaching at least commodore or rear admiral rank around that time, though (with Helmeppo being just a single rank below him, as he currently is now). I think I can see Tashigi reaching VA rank however, especially since Zoro is her goal as much as Luffy is Smoker's (in fact, I'm reminded of that one theory about Tashigi being Zoro's final opponent instead of Mihawk.....). Hmmm, it'll definitely be interesting to see how the future of the marines will develop after this war.....
Old 2009-12-22, 20:51   Link #27
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
in fact, I'm reminded of that one theory about Tashigi being Zoro's final opponent instead of Mihawk.....
I've never heard that one before, but I like the idea. I can easily see that happening, simply because Zoro can't fight Tashigi. xD

For potential rivals to rise in the ranks, the marines that already hold those positions will have to either be promoted, demoted, or retire. While I can see a few retiring, namely Garp and Sengoku, I can't picture any of the current Admirals becoming Fleet Admiral or whatever it's called taking Sengoku's place. Even if that did happen, it would only open up one Admiral, and there are two Luffy rivals potentially aiming for that spot.

I think Smoker will end up as a VA just like Garp did. Smoker only wants the freedom to do what he wants, so VA would be enough for him. I think Tashigi could end up as a VA for more or less the same reasons. I also don't really see her getting strong enough to be an Admiral, even though if she's going to be Zoro's final obstacle she'll need to be. I think Coby could end up as an Admiral, but I can't picture the Marines putting a kid in such a high position. That makes me think either we'll have some sort of time skip, maybe just a lot of small ones between the coming arcs, or that he'll just randomly hit another growth spurt. xD

Also, I think it'd be interesting if Tashigi got completely fed up with the Marine's Justice and became a pirate, eventually becoming a Shichibukai . . . She'd be a really good final test then. >_>
Old 2009-12-22, 23:15   Link #28
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Merely selfish - I can't stress this enough.
There is a reason why this is Shonen you know.

If you want to read bout some moral dilemma bullshit, then go read some Russell or something. Or else watch Boston Legal, heh.
Old 2009-12-22, 23:28   Link #29
ellifeedn
Thinker

Could someone remind me where it was stated that there can only be 3 Admirals?
Old 2009-12-22, 23:40   Link #30
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

all indications seem to point to at least a minor time skip after this event.

WB is now almost certain to die or at least retire. The whitebeard pirates or rather ace's pirates will need to regroup. Btw if WB really dies, it would be the first ever current time one piece death.

The marines will also need to regroup after all their loses so far. The shichibukai are in pieces and most of their upper middle ranks have fallen (VAs and such). I suspect they will be losing some of their real big guns soon as well.

Luffy and his crew needs time to get back together. And this stage has shown that they still have plenty to grow and the time skip is needed for them to grow to that level. It would be anti-climatic for them to go back to struggling against commodores or minor VAs after this epic battle.

+ oda has hinted to a time skip by saying this is luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old.
Old 2009-12-22, 23:50   Link #31
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Could someone remind me where it was stated that there can only be 3 Admirals?
Hmm, I do not think there has been any mention of a specific rule stating that there could be only 3 Admirals at a time...but, their names do come as a trio (each name from a specific animal found in the legend of Momotarō), and they each represent a major primary colour (red, blue and yellow), so at least thematically, there is a reason for their only being 3 Admirals.
Old 2009-12-23, 01:02   Link #32
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
To have Haoushoku Haki, one must have the ambition to be a ruler and have the determination strong enough to achieve it.

I don't think any Marines would have it, because they are all controlled by the World Government. If any marine had Haoushoku, he would have staged a coup d'etat on the World Government or something.

If anything, the admirals would have powerful 'military' Haki, the Haki of a leader and war veteran. Great military leaders need to look and be powerful to boost the morale of men and their reputation from their victories send fear to the enemy.
That may not necessarily be true. The ruler is a pretty wide concept, as it can have an abstract projection.

For instance, in Luffy's case, it can be considered as ruling the sea, but in reality it is not like that for Luffy. For him, it is sailing as freely as possible, and even though that requires for him to be the strongest, it is not what his actual desire is. So far, his desire to become stronger is always cause by his desire to help other people, to protect his friends. You can say that is for his sake as well, since he needs his friends to achieve his goals. I agree, but, so far, that power has never been triggered for his own sake, since his focus has never been on himself, rather on others.

Being the ruler-spirit inside yourself, you are allowed to follow different paths. Luffy's and Boa's are just two of those. You can follow a similar path by being a marine too. Especially if your desire is to help other people not limited to your friends and your countrymen. And using your conscious, you can have control over the power to prevent any unwanted accidents.

Garp, for instance, if he would have it, no one would have had any problems with that. Because he can still follow his path by holding onto his position. Rank-wise he is lower than Akainu, Kizaru, and Aokiji, but his status is much higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Btw if WB really dies, it would be the first ever current time one piece death.
If Whitebeard dies, it would comply well with Oda's standards. Mainly because of his health problems. Roger avoided dying by the illness, and Whitebeard is in a similar situation. Especially, if his goal for some time has been to raise people to take over his position, kind of Shanks, from Roger's crew, becoming an alternative to Roger.
Old 2009-12-23, 07:24   Link #33
PrototypeX2

This pretty much proved me that even the world's strongest pirates are no match for World Government...And dont give me that Whitebeard is old and weak bull&%+.Sengoku is not getting younger at all and he didnt even move a finger in this battle.
Old 2009-12-23, 09:19   Link #34
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Kuma is not their leader. He is merely the prototype for the pacifista project. If anything, the leader would be Dr. Vegapunk since he's the one who actually creates and programs them to carry out their missions.
Why wouldn't he be able to command them? He is the prototype, he is the perfect complete human weapon & the rest of them were modeled on him.

Quote:
Btw if WB really dies, it would be the first ever current time one piece death.
He'll be the first major character to die, but plenty have already died already, albiet complete unknowns and fodder pirates & marines ( the guy Akainu killed for deserting)
Old 2009-12-23, 10:05   Link #35
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Why wouldn't he be able to command them? He is the prototype, he is the perfect complete human weapon & the rest of them were modeled on him.
Kuma cant command anyone or anything anymore, he is dead, a mere automaton that can follow its creators instructions.

His payed his actions at Shabondy with his life and he is now just another PX-unit but with devil fruit powers.
Old 2009-12-23, 10:37   Link #36
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
This pretty much proved me that even the world's strongest pirates are no match for World Government...And dont give me that Whitebeard is old and weak bull&%+.Sengoku is not getting younger at all and he didnt even move a finger in this battle.
well that was pretty much clear because the whitebeard pirates are 1/4 of the yonkou which is 1 of the 3 great powers in the one piece world.
they are up against the marines in full power and the most shichibukai.
this means the whitebeard pirates are up against almost the complete 2 of the 3 powers in the world.
ofcourse epicbeard did bring some badass friends but i didnt see them doing anything but got their ass kicked by kumabots while the shichibukai are helping the marines pretty well (oars)

i hope we'll see the power of the new world captains asap and especially from that idiot squad

if epicbeard dies i hope he takes a admiral with him because that is what i expect from the only man who could match the pirate king. it would be totally not cool if he only could take down a few VA's. now it looks like he's being outmatched by some punkass admirals. show me what you got epicbeard !

marco and joz ;_; shit is looking bad for the top commanders. i hope that they are not out because this was way too easy
Old 2009-12-23, 11:19   Link #37
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
dude wihout the Schibukai the Marines would be screwing themselves right now even with the 3 admirals and garp and sengoku. The Schibukai alone changed the battle by a lot.
Old 2009-12-23, 15:29   Link #38
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
dude wihout the Schibukai the Marines would be screwing themselves right now even with the 3 admirals and garp and sengoku. The Schibukai alone changed the battle by a lot.
They did but in the recent chapters there just standing around fighting the fodders. We haven't seen them in action for a while now.

WHERES CROC VS DOFAM
Old 2009-12-23, 15:56   Link #39
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Kuma cant command anyone or anything anymore, he is dead, a mere automaton that can follow its creators instructions.

His payed his actions at Shabondy with his life and he is now just another PX-unit but with devil fruit powers.
I think he can. We see in the spoilers that the PX's are capable of talking, as it did tell Hancock to move outta the way.
Old 2009-12-23, 18:50   Link #40
seiji_kun

Never expected spoilers to come out this early but damn they're great. And damn WB pirates seem really doomed now, Marco got seastone cuffs on him and Jozu is taken out. I wonder how they'll get out of their predicament. So Luffy's haki burst and charge will give WB the chance to catch his second breath? And then hopefully Luffy can fight next to WB. Would just be to cool that the last battle WB was in, was him fighting side to side with Luffy.

Kind of hope he does make it out alive, to see him give one final epic speech to Luffy and Ace at hopefully the celebrating campfire where he blows out his last breath though with Oda I could see it beeing his retirement speech.