AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 41 18.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 13.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 10.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 29 13.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 5.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 12.11%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 08:40   Link #241
kuro_usagi

This episode..EPIC FAIL! x(
Old 2009-12-25, 08:55   Link #242
Arkwright

I don't think it's out of the question for the "Beatrice" to say "Who am I?" even if she represents an inanimate object, because as she currently appears she is appearing as a human.

Also, just because Lambda says she used to be a human doesn't really mean much. It's a purely magical scene so there are some who would choose to ignore it altogether. It's also possible that Lambdadelta is lying in that scene. See: Sakutaro.
Old 2009-12-25, 09:01   Link #243
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Okay, so I haven't written a review on a couple of episodes now, BUT I'M BACK!!!!

Spoiler for Episode 26:
Old 2009-12-25, 10:45   Link #244
maximilianjenus
[E]

what annoys me about the ange scene is that it breaks the theory of "lying in red kills you".
Old 2009-12-25, 10:53   Link #245
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm more annoyed by the people who made that claim. You can't lie in red not even if you want it. Ange "died" because she broke Bern's rule.

Old 2009-12-25, 11:02   Link #246
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
What is the significance behind discovering George and Maria's corpse? I realize that the four cousins, after the incident, went missing but I can't connect the dots. If it's spoilerific, spoiler tag it or PM it to me, por favor.
Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2009-12-25, 11:34   Link #247
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
what annoys me about the ange scene is that it breaks the theory of "lying in red kills you".
She didn't lie, Beato clearly specifies that:
# A world where magic that isn't mine certainly cannot exist
# This is my Golden Land
# A world where magic that isn't mine certainly cannot exist

And who is Ange, in her witch form she is, after all, ANGE-Beatrice, theefore her magic has part of Beato's magic (especially a magical capacity pump like with EvaB). She's Beatrice, so her magic works in the golden land
Old 2009-12-25, 12:45   Link #248
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Battler didn't even dissipear because he lied, it was because he felt his entire existence itself was a lie.
Old 2009-12-25, 12:45   Link #249
maximilianjenus
[E]

I can't find the relation in that, what I meant is ange telling batler she was his sister is a lie, so lying in red is what kills her.
Old 2009-12-25, 13:21   Link #250
June 1983

No. That isn't why she dies. She dies because she reveals her name, which she was not allowed to do according to the rules of the game.

You can't lie in red. If Ange wasn't Battler's sister, then that means that she wouldn't have been able to say it, not that she would die. That means that she is Battler's sister.
Old 2009-12-25, 13:33   Link #251
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
No. That isn't why she dies. She dies because she reveals her name, which she was not allowed to do according to the rules of the game.

You can't lie in red. If Ange wasn't Battler's sister, then that means that she wouldn't have been able to say it, not that she would die. That means that she is Battler's sister.
Which is another flaw for episode 26.

We missed Ange's determination to recover her brother's spirit, a lot of touching red text. (Again, drama project >> this ep)

And wasn't that Lambda's rule not to reveal her name not Bern's?

I think people should just listen to the drama in order to grasp the situation because the ep is misleading a lot.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-12-25, 13:36   Link #252
Rei-Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I can't find the relation in that, what I meant is ange telling batler she was his sister is a lie, so lying in red is what kills her.
As mentioned already, Ange dies because she broke the rule about revealing her name to Battler.

Spoiler for Proof:
Old 2009-12-25, 13:43   Link #253
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
I don't think it's out of the question for the "Beatrice" to say "Who am I?" even if she represents an inanimate object, because as she currently appears she is appearing as a human.
That doesn't make much sense, if she's asking "Who am I?" she has to be a person. You don't use "Who" for inanimate objects, as far as I know. If she's something that is not human she could have perfectly asked "What am I?" even is she looks human.

Quote:
Also, just because Lambda says she used to be a human doesn't really mean much. It's a purely magical scene so there are some who would choose to ignore it altogether. It's also possible that Lambdadelta is lying in that scene. See: Sakutaro.
Why would she be lying? Battler wasn't there. We, the players, do not exist for them. The only ones during that scene were Beatrice and 34. So, there's no one to deceive. There's absolutely no reason for her to lie.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:02   Link #254
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That doesn't make much sense, if she's asking "Who am I?" she has to be a person. You don't use "Who" for inanimate objects, as far as I know. If she's something that is not human she could have perfectly asked "What am I?" even is she looks human.
However, "Who am I?" is still used in many riddles, where the answer is an inanimate object.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:07   Link #255
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Correct because Beato would have died already. Everything red is true or something. That would have been a lie and Beato should be dead
Old 2009-12-25, 14:24   Link #256
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

Why would she be lying? Battler wasn't there. We, the players, do not exist for them. The only ones during that scene were Beatrice and 34. So, there's no one to deceive. There's absolutely no reason for her to lie.
Well, Sakutaro is an inanimate object and I imagine his personification would say "Who am I?" and not "what." Same deal with the stakes, presumably. Because even if they are technically objects, they are supposed to believe they are alive, so they act like it.

As for "Why would she be lying," well, it's not like this is even my own opinion, but it's possible. An example I can think of: Lambdadelta (or someone else) animated a doll and gave it false memories of being a human once, which is now represented by the witch Beatrice - so she'd just be trying to intimidate Beatrice based on Beatrice's memories. As for why she'd bother keeping up the illusion, maybe she thinks Beatrice is more likely to care about her own life (and thus try to win) if she thinks she is "human" rather than "furniture."
Old 2009-12-25, 14:26   Link #257
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy_tomato View Post
However, "Who am I?" is still used in many riddles, where the answer is an inanimate object.
Ah... I had no idea about that. But, all the same, unless Beatrice can be many different things, I'd say chances for her being something that's not human are 0.

Quote:
As for "Why would she be lying," well, it's not like this is even my own opinion, but it's possible. An example I can think of: Lambdadelta (or someone else) animated a doll and gave it false memories of being a human once, which is now represented by the witch Beatrice - so she'd just be trying to intimidate Beatrice based on Beatrice's memories. As for why she'd bother keeping up the illusion, maybe she thinks Beatrice is more likely to care about her own life (and thus try to win) if she thinks she is "human" rather than "furniture."
Hmm... that's possible, but in my own opinion, highly unlikely.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:31   Link #258
bereal31

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy_tomato View Post
It could be also be animal. Who knows? Maybe Kinzo is secretly keeping a lion or something, he did secretly keep a mistress. This could account for how some bodies could be so mutilated.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:32   Link #259
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm more annoyed by the people who made that claim. You can't lie in red not even if you want it. Ange "died" because she broke Bern's rule.
Bern's rule. Don't you mean Lambda's rule I don't think Bern would jeopardize her victory with a rule like that.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:35   Link #260
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Which is another flaw for episode 26.

We missed Ange's determination to recover her brother's spirit, a lot of touching red text. (Again, drama project >> this ep)

And wasn't that Lambda's rule not to reveal her name not Bern's?

I think people should just listen to the drama in order to grasp the situation because the ep is misleading a lot.
Nevermind it was Lambda's rule

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-12-25 at 14:46. Reason: nevermind
Closed Thread