AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 01:04   Link #5081
Kurizu204

erika should have no influence with ep 1-4 that should include her corpse id change it to nanjo over hears shanon talking to her self about her plan. then shanon use her alive self to play corpse and nanjo covers for her
Kurizu204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 01:08   Link #5082
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurizu204 View Post
erika should have no influence with ep 1-4 that should include her corpse id change it to nanjo over hears shanon talking to her self about her plan. then shanon use her alive self to play corpse and nanjo covers for her
Erika doesn't exist in the first four games because she dies before or shortly after washing up on the island. Shannon could have used any corpse for this part. That the corpse at hand happened to be Erika's is not significant to Beato's game.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 01:08   Link #5083
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Shannon can't be playing dead if she's standing right there.

Erika's corpse certainly can influence EP1-4, just as "some girl found dead on the beach". Prior to knowing about Erika, ideas like "prepared corpse" or "mannequin" have also been suggested, if that's more palatable.

Incidentally, "mannequin" evades the identification red text, although it would still require Nanjo to play along or be incredibly incompetent.

(EDIT: haa, sniped)
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 02:07   Link #5084
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

"She had no influence on the previous games"
Antera Caramichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 03:53   Link #5085
ijriims

I have seen many theories on motive, and generally they were targeting at Shannon, Jessica and George.

Shannon, Jessica: Either one of them made a crush on Battler six years ago, and when Battler ran away from the family. This broke their hearts and thus created an alternate personality Beatrice. And for some reasons, they planned to kill the whole family, believing that this could make Battler recall his promise.

George: He planned to kill all the people on Rokkenjima such that he could inherit all the money, and he was sure about Shannon would agree to his proposal. Just that everytime something went wrong and he got killed in the process or Sayo betrayed him. So the end result was usually Ange getting all the inheritance. Again, Battler's sin was his breaking Sayo's heart six years ago.

Question: Could one actually find clues that Jessica and Shannon loved Battler instead of Kanon and George at all? On the other hand, the series went on and on to portray these two pairs' pure love relationships.

I realized that most people thought my motive theory of Kyrie was so bad that people don't even bother to respond here . But I strongly believe that my theory was probably a richer and told a better tale of Battler's sin than the above theories, which detailed how Maria was involved (which was what was emphasized over and over in EP4), and also combined information from EP6.

------------

Sorry for the hard-selling here. But really I wanted to know how others assess this theory I have thought out so hard. Even if it sounds like a pet theory.

Last edited by ijriims; 2010-01-06 at 05:26.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 04:56   Link #5086
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'll ask this here because I got ignored in the Ep6 thread, and it's too potentially spoilerish for the Q&A...

Spoiler for Ep6 Spoilers:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 06:56   Link #5087
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Erika doesn't exist in the first four games because she dies before or shortly after washing up on the island. Shannon could have used any corpse for this part. That the corpse at hand happened to be Erika's is not significant to Beato's game.
My problem is that the game should have enough clues to be solved by EP 4. But we didn't even know about Erika's existence until EP 5. So crafting a solution involving her should be impossible. It was also stated in red she had no influence on any previous games either, which I think should include using her corpse as a body double.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:52   Link #5088
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I want to say something, but I don't know if this is the right place to say it.

I'm pretty sure that the culprit definitely has something to do with our Beatrice who died in 1967. Whether it is someone related to that Beatrice or considers himself/herself another "Beatrice", it is not known. However, even though Beato acts as if she's all the Beatrices rolled into one, I think that in the game board, there's one thing we can make sure - there are several 'Beatrices', some of which might be the same people, and some not. Following:

- 1967 Beatrice. Gets 'killed' by Rosa.
- Legend of the Gold Beatrice. The "Beatrice" created by the legend of the witch that the Rokkenjima peeps believed.
- Kinzo's obsessed-about Beatrice. Might be one or both of the above.
- The Beatrice who sent the letter to Maria.
- The Beatrice who wrote in Maria's grimoire, as well as the bottle-letter-writer.
- The Beatrice who drew the magic circles.
- And finally, the "Culprit" Beatrice.

As long as we can try to find the possible people who can fit into each one of the above, will it make the whole thing easier?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 08:11   Link #5089
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Okay, here's how you can solve all of EP1 realistically with Shkanontrice + Nanjo's granddaughter as the second culprit...at least I hope so Sayo isn't aware that Nanjo is the granddaughter in disguise in this theory.

Forgive me for being a bit wordy, but I've included all of my evidence as well. I believe every single point follows naturally from the facts and the assumptions of my overall theory.
Spoiler for EP1 Theory with Shkanontrice/Nanjo:
Well, this is probably the most useful way to respond. Things that are still unexplained:

-"Golden butterflies" in the hallway. Red herring of being attacked by the culprit?
-The magic circle on Natsuhi's door. Random misdirection?
-The door slamming. Fake testimony from both of them?
-Why he doesn't just disappear like in Ep2. He was going to, but changed his mind after he ran out the door?
-Nanjo went to the parlor from the study and not outside. Shannon chased them there with a gun?
-Natsuhi's smoking gun. Missed?

Other comments:

-Genji doesn't seem to care about going off by himself, but he insists that Kanon not walk around by himself alone. Even a minute or two without Genji around seems unlikely. Also, if Genji goes ahead without Kanon, it's even harder to explain how Kanon got to the kitchen, then the storehouse, and back to the guestroom before Genji arrived with Natsuhi (considering that the distance between the kitchen and the parlor where she is was described as not too far.)
-Maybe the others of the first four in the room were busy going after the culprit or quivering in terror, but Genji seems like the type of person where the first thing he would do would be to rush to Kanon and attempt to cut off the bleeding.
-I don't remember, does Nanjo know ahead of time that Kanon is Shannon? I guess Kanon told them the plan before Jessica or George could find out.
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 08:11   Link #5090
Painiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I want to say something, but I don't know if this is the right place to say it.

I'm pretty sure that the culprit definitely has something to do with our Beatrice who died in 1967. Whether it is someone related to that Beatrice or considers himself/herself another "Beatrice", it is not known. However, even though Beato acts as if she's all the Beatrices rolled into one, I think that in the game board, there's one thing we can make sure - there are several 'Beatrices', some of which might be the same people, and some not. Following:

- 1967 Beatrice. Gets 'killed' by Rosa.
- Legend of the Gold Beatrice. The "Beatrice" created by the legend of the witch that the Rokkenjima peeps believed.
- Kinzo's obsessed-about Beatrice. Might be one or both of the above.
- The Beatrice who sent the letter to Maria.
- The Beatrice who wrote in Maria's grimoire, as well as the bottle-letter-writer.
- The Beatrice who drew the magic circles.
- And finally, the "Culprit" Beatrice.

As long as we can try to find the possible people who can fit into each one of the above, will it make the whole thing easier?
We can be pretty sure that person who sent letter by Maria was ,,culprit" Beatrice. It was for making illusion of witch for controlling Maria and confusing other people. Who drew? Also culprit, who could? There was often little time to make this, so beside the murderer, nobody could do this. Also for making illusion of witch. Alas, ,,culprit" Beatrice could for cheating Maria spend time with her and make her brainwash. And, thanks to Ange, it it also proven that culprit is writer of bottle-letters. It's probably like this. Witch is smokebomb, for making killing easier.
Real Beatrice is dead.
Painiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 08:21   Link #5091
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painiac View Post
We can be pretty sure that person who sent letter by Maria was ,,culprit" Beatrice. It was for making illusion of witch for controlling Maria and confusing other people. Who drew? Also culprit, who could? There was often little time to make this, so beside the murderer, nobody could do this. Also for making illusion of witch. Alas, ,,culprit" Beatrice could for cheating Maria spend time with her and make her brainwash. And, thanks to Ange, it it also proven that culprit is writer of bottle-letters. It's probably like this. Witch is smokebomb, for making killing easier.
Real Beatrice is dead.
If we assume the witch is not real, episode 4 strongly suggests that the witch killings were supposed to be fake, but something went wrong. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that other episodes could have been the same, in which case the writer of letters and magic circles, etc., does not have to be the "culprit".
Old 2010-01-06, 10:11   Link #5092
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Spoiler for Chronotrig's hypothesis:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 10:27   Link #5093
ijriims

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Spoiler for Chronotrig's hypothesis:
Here it was gender neutral. You know, even if English uses himself, it can also be gender neutral.

I would want to know why Nanjo's granddaughter would actually pose as her grandfather.

And if she was actually able to deceive everyone with make-up, I suppose Shannon would make herself look like Kanon as well..... the level of ridiculousness were comparable....

Well, who was Kanon then?
Old 2010-01-06, 10:41   Link #5094
chronotrig

<Good>! I think I can handle all of these.

@Marion:
Spoiler for size:

@Arkwright:
I've taken the liberty of numbering your points to make them easier to respond to.
Spoiler for size:

Sorry, rogerpepitone, I'll get to yours later.

Old 2010-01-06, 10:53   Link #5095
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
2. Ah yes, I should have mentioned this. The bloody hands (not a magic circle) are proof that the culprit really is taking this witch thing seriously. Natsuhi was one of those randomly chosen for the first twilight. When Sayo saw the charm on the inside of Natsuhi's door, she realized that she couldn't realistically act a witch if she killed Natsuhi, so she instead made those marks and chose someone else. If you remember, those marks were a big reason why Battler started to give up, so it wasn't a wasted effort.
Problem here is that the finger prints were present in the second game as well. A game in which Natushi died and wasn't given the charm. Why the fingerprints if Natsuhi was killed anyway and there wasn't a charm that was supposed to protect the room?

Quote:
9. I don't think "Nanjo" needs to know about Shkanon. Nanjo's granddaughter does, but I don't think Sayo knows that. If Kanon and Nanjo discussed a faked death beforehand, then Nanji wouldn't need to undress Kanon and could recommend that they move him as is.
Well even if Nanjo says that they move them as he is and that way the people in the oiler room won't see that Kanon is actually a girl/Shannon/Sayo what ever but Jessica is with "Nanjo" so at least she would have seen that....which would be pretty disturbing right?
Old 2010-01-06, 11:39   Link #5096
Arkwright

2. Can't check at the moment, but I seem to remember that when Genji saw the circle on the shed, he remembered something on Natsuhi's door that he described as a drawing, not as just random markings.

For the complaints about Kanon, I think the operative theory is that he broke the charade of being injured pretty much right away before anyone had a chance to undress him (perhaps he just said it in the hallway.)
Old 2010-01-06, 12:23   Link #5097
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

On my way back from my last mid term, I was still thinking about Episode 6 last closed room, and something popped in my mind that look quite... an equivalent proof that deny the whole "shkanon" theory.

The red used that are important for this are:

Battler and Kanon are different persons (戦人と嘉音は別人である。)

When Battler was rescued, only Kanon entered in the guest room (戦人救出時、客室に入ったのは嘉音のみである。)

From the moment you (Erika) entered in the room during the Logic Error, only you, Battler and Kanon went in and out of the guest room (そなたの入室からロジックエラー時まで、客室を出入りしたのは、そなたと戦人と嘉音のみだ。)

There were 3 people: you (Erika), Battler and Kanon. (そなたと戦人と嘉音で、3人である。). Note: Beatrice respond to Erika's question regarding if there were 3 bodies.

3 people went in and out, for a total of 3 times. You (Erika) and Kanon went inside. Battler went outside. I've already stated with the red truth that about all names, none can introduce themselves with these, except the person in question. Therefore, only Erika, Battler and Kanon can be the persons in question. (3人、即ち3体が出入りした。そなたと嘉音は入ったのみ、戦人は出たのみ。全ての名は本人以外に名乗れな いと赤き真実ですでに語っている。よって、ヱリカ、戦人、嘉音の名はいずれも、本人にしか名乗 れぬのだ。)

Because of this, I believe there is no leeway for Shannon, Sayo or whatever people to be in there. Even if one claims "persona" counts in "people" and that doesn't contradict the body count, then that will contradict with the red that state "who went in, and who went out" and "there were 3 persons"

To summary: Only 3 persons were in the room : Erika, Battler and Kanon.
If Kanon was also Shannon/Sayo/Beatrice, this will lead to an abnormal contradiction, since one of them would take Kanon's place, contradicting "who were in the room".
I will also add that even if the red truth can be twisted so many times, I think it is hard to conclude that Kanon "suddenly switched" to other persona in that kind of convenient timing, and furthermore going past the "person count" despite Kanon should be counted as a persona as well by this logic.

Of course, if you are stretching like no tomorrow the red, it isn't like I can advocate for or against that, since it is a open door to almost anything but heh...

For that, I have however an extra clue:
Remember when Erika asked Battler to confirm those who were in the room next to the cousin's room? She first asked to confirm who they are.
However, when she asked to use the "everyone else" for the cousin's room, Battler was puzzled. And at that point, there is a narration part that states this:
Quote:
戦人は、“いとこ部屋には、蔵臼、留弗夫、朱志香、源次、郷田、嘉音がいる”、

という復唱を求められたなら、きっと、特に気にもせず、認めると赤で宣言しただろう。

Battler would certainly repeat that "Krauss, Rudolf, Jessica, Genji, Gohda, Kanon are in the cousins' room" in red if it was requested, especially that he isn't bothered/worried about it.
That means Battler had the intent to say it in red. I know his narration can be unreliable, but lying to himself is beyond odd.

I believe the conclusion of this closed room is that Kanon died and his corpse somewhere in the guest room. Again, remember that the red cannot count the dead at all, proved by Kinzo's existence.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-01-06 at 13:36. Reason: extra clue
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:52   Link #5098
chronotrig

@rogerpepitone:
Spoiler for size:

@Kitsu:
Spoiler for size:

Old 2010-01-06, 14:57   Link #5099
ijriims

@chronotrig:

I want to know how you evade this red texts:身元不明死体について、その身元を全て保証する。即ち、替え玉トリックは存在しない!

which Beatrice said particularly to rebuke Battler's claim that the body of the 3 (Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa) were other people's.

And you introduced Nanjo's daughter?
Old 2010-01-06, 15:22   Link #5100
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
@chronotrig:

I want to know how you evade this red texts:身元不明死体について、その身元を全て保証する。即ち、替え玉トリックは存在しない!

which Beatrice said particularly to rebuke Battler's claim that the body of the 3 (Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa) were other people's.

And you introduced Nanjo's daughter?
As I mentioned, I interpret this to mean "No one ever misidentifies a corpse." In my mind, a "body double trick" occurs when a person uses one corpse to confuse an observer into thinking it's a different corpse. I think this is a reasonable definition. And in my theory, this never happens.

@Klash
Spoiler for size: