AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-06, 15:46   Link #701
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Poor Eva.

I like George a lot less now.
Ditto that. The George = yandere fanon appears to be at least partially true . Although to be fair it was the conversation with Sayo that actually triggered the drop in my respect for him.

And as for Jessica...it's a bit harder to outright lose respect. She was possessed by an effing demon. I'm not sure if she actually believes the stuff she said/did in that state (especially considering her behavior in the metaworld before and after that). Not to mention that she kind of had one of those "you're going way over my head, I've been in a relationship for 12 hours" expressions on her face the whole time she was talking with Kyrie.

Although if she did mean that stuff I agree - she really is kind of a moron .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2010-01-06, 15:46   Link #702
Kamar
Author Wannabe

I dunno, I wouldn't say murder was an appropriate response, but I certainly wouldn't say Eva has a worthwhile viewpoint. George is an adult, Eva has no business at all making that kind of decision for him.
Old 2010-01-06, 15:50   Link #703
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Ditto that. The George = yandere fanon appears to be at least partially true . Although to be fair it was the conversation with Sayo that actually triggered the drop in my respect for him.

And as for Jessica...it's a bit harder to outright lose respect. She was possessed by an effing demon. I'm not sure if she actually believes the stuff she said/did in that state (especially considering her behavior in the metaworld before and after that). Not to mention that she kind of had one of those "you're going way over my head, I've been in a relationship for 12 hours" expressions on her face the whole time she was talking with Kyrie.

Although if she did mean that stuff I agree - she really is kind of a moron .
That is true - she did feel incredibly uneasy about attacking her to begin with. And Kyrie kinda did go a bit too much into detail I think But then again Kyrie said she knew Jessica had lied to her about going to get a book, but then again Kyrie was possibly manipulated into saying those things by Battler.

Also with George- Eva attacked him first. See if he made the first move then I would hate him more, but it was generally self-defense. I mean Eva wanted to put him back into her womb SO
Old 2010-01-06, 15:50   Link #704
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
I dunno, I wouldn't say murder was an appropriate response, but I certainly wouldn't say Eva has a worthwhile viewpoint. George is an adult, Eva has no business at all making that kind of decision for him.
He's still her son, and he also looks like an impulsive idiot from her perspective. Eva probably thinks he just wants Shannon for her body (and were it not for evidence to the contrary, I'd agree with her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Also with George- Eva attacked him first. See if he made the first move then I would hate him more, but it was generally self-defense. I mean Eva wanted to put him back into her womb SO
That's technically Evatrice, not Eva. But yeah, she's crazy and I suppose George had SOME business in kicking her in the chest.

Still, wasn't the trial supposed to be about killing someone or something like that? Notice how George went straight for his mother?
Old 2010-01-06, 15:54   Link #705
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Haha true O_o. But yeah, you've still got all those things he was saying to Sayo, even if they were said in the past I guess :/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Notice how George went straight for his mother?
That was the other thing that kind of irked me. Jessica chose randomly, and Kanon and Shannon kind of took the wimpy way out by mercy-killing and killing in defense .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2010-01-06, 15:58   Link #706
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Well I've never liked Jessica. She was always a bit bland to me. This episode didn't help that at all. Especially when she tells Kyrie that she has no love, only envy and "I heard you like burning with your jealously, so I put lava in your room so you can burn while you burn!"

I mean really Jessica. Kanon confessed to you roughly twelve hours before you attacked Kyrie and you're saying that she, a person who stood by Rudolf's side despite his womanizing behavior and just general jerkiness (seriously, intentionally making your girlfriends jealous - what purpose does this have) and waited twelve years to become his wife, has no love at all.

I mean just seriously Jessica, you cannot compare your affection/love for Kanon to Kyrie's entire relationship with Rudolf over a span of nearly two decades.
I'm normally not a person that believes that you can measure love with the time you are with a person or how many obstacles you withstand but I agree with you. How can Kyrie possible lack love (maybe for Battler but not for Rudolph) The whole scene seemed a bit fishy. Kyrie just goes and outright tells Jessica everything.
I'm really fond of that scene but I think her behaviour in the fight was rather arrogant. As if her love to Kanon was the only true love.... of course it was fitting for such a trial but still arrogant and naive.

But I think maybe that the time span of the 12 hours makes it. She finally got the thing she desired for and finally gets to be wih Kanon...and than not even 10 hours after that someone tries to take that away from her...of course she is ready to go as far as she did.
While i have to agree with this

Quote:
Not to mention that she kind of had one of those "you're going way over my head, I've been in a relationship for 12 hours" expressions on her face the whole time she was talking with Kyrie.

Last edited by Kitsu; 2010-01-06 at 19:41.
Old 2010-01-06, 19:26   Link #707
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I specifically didn't mention the parts where Eva-Beato goes on a "get into mah uterus" tirades because as a medical student that just makes me sick to my stomach.

But yes, George was pretty much backed into a corner at that point, and while I have reservations on whether or not he really should have killed his own mother, it's not as if he had a lot of options either. Assuming Eva-Beato was ever an accurate representation of Eva in the first place, she would have likely also killed her own son than let him "sully" the family name.
Old 2010-01-06, 19:57   Link #708
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I specifically didn't mention the parts where Eva-Beato goes on a "get into mah uterus" tirades because as a medical student that just makes me sick to my stomach.
That is exactly what makes her so cool.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2010-01-06, 20:32   Link #709
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
When people said Battler left six years ago, they meant in six years'time ago. So they were referring to 1980.

The 19 was the 19th year after 1980.

I did not say that 1986 was the sixth year Battler from when he had left the family.
Yeah, that's why I said there was some leeway for your statement to hold, since it was never said "19 years ago;" all we got is that 19 was related to the creation of the story, which is quite vague.
Old 2010-01-07, 04:22   Link #710
ijriims

Those scene, about George killing Eva, Jessica killing Kyrie, etc, were fantasy scenes made by meta-Battler and the truth was nobody got hurted or killed until Erika came.

These scenes showed their resolution (well, for Jessica, she was a lot less resolute than George) in keeping their relationship. They were willing to kill if got into that sort of pacts with Demons, but under normal time it doesn't mean they would just go to kill (No such Demons).

If there were no such a demon pact, George would probably talk with his parentS, but not just Eva. Jessica would never agree to murder a random person. Kanon would not kill Rosa and there would not be Shannon defending Kanon.
Old 2010-01-07, 10:18   Link #711
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Today's update:

Kyrie Ushiromiya vs. Jessica(?) Ushiromiya

Spoiler for Ep6 summary:
Old 2010-01-07, 11:53   Link #712
immblueversion

Quote:
Today's update:

Kyrie Ushiromiya vs. Jessica(?) Ushiromiya

Spoiler for Ep6 summary:
Spoiler for Didn't Jessica...:

Last edited by immblueversion; 2010-01-07 at 13:59.
Old 2010-01-07, 18:03   Link #713
FredericaBernkastel
Gothic Lolita Bernkastel

Battler looks so hawt in his cape >-<
Old 2010-01-07, 18:35   Link #714
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
- Jessica glows red again. Leviathan says the attack she did won't work anymore. Jessica tells them they're trapped. The two are able to escape into a room in the corridor. It is Kinzo's study.
It's Krauss's study actually. If you replay the scene you notice that the background is a far cry from the background used for Kinzo's room.
Old 2010-01-07, 19:17   Link #715
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Spoiler for Didn't Jessica...:
Not too sure actually. I assumed she did an attack that struck Kyrie in a manner similar to how the Siestas supposedy struck their victims through the keyhole.

Anhyway thanks time for corrections.
Old 2010-01-07, 19:52   Link #716
immblueversion

Quote:
I assumed she did an attack that struck Kyrie in a manner similar to how the Siestas supposedy struck their victims through the keyhole.
Well, the red tint and the sounds of something burning kind of tipped me off.

Old 2010-01-08, 08:21   Link #717
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

BTW sorry no summaries today. Got kinda burned out and one of my patients was an asshole, so I'm taking a break from Umineko... for today.
Old 2010-01-08, 16:22   Link #718
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Spoiler for This whole game is off:

Last edited by Smeckledorf; 2010-01-08 at 16:39.
Old 2010-01-08, 16:55   Link #719
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter

One thing that confuses me is if...
Spoiler for Erika:

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
Old 2010-01-08, 17:44   Link #720
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
This is probably really late, and I skipped about 5 pages, so if someone already said it, sorry:
Spoiler for Erika:
Closed Thread