AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 16:58   Link #5101
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
Random thought :

The letter Battler got in Ep5 with Kinzo's ring : it's an impossible letter.

The letter was sealed with the family ring right? But the ring was inside the envelope.

Therefore it's impossible to seal the envelope with the ring!

Therefore the letter was faked, probably by Battler & co to confirm Battler as next head.
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:26   Link #5102
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneleth View Post
Random thought :

The letter Battler got in Ep5 with Kinzo's ring : it's an impossible letter.

The letter was sealed with the family ring right? But the ring was inside the envelope.

Therefore it's impossible to seal the envelope with the ring!

Therefore the letter was faked, probably by Battler & co to confirm Battler as next head.
The seal is a wax seal, as stated in EP 1. Wax seals work most times like tape - all the person needs to do is get some wax (which can easily be done by burning a candle) then press the emblem from the ring on it, put the ring inside, close the letter and put the seal over. They'll need some special paper to do that, but nothing that can't be prepared in advance.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:44   Link #5103
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
That's not how sealing wax works. It's blended so that applying force when the wax is solid is likely to break the wax, and applying force when the wax is part-melted would deform the imprint.

Besides, what would be the point of sealing the envelope containing the ring? The imprint in the seal is just as much evidence of Kinzo's favor as the ring itself. (Most likely, the ring was left with the gold in all episodes.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:49   Link #5104
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
It was never said in EP5 that the letter was sealed, iirc.
Akuryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 20:28   Link #5105
Used Can

About "Nanjo" being actually his granddaughter in disguise, is there even one hint for that? I know she's been mentioned, but I highly doubt that counts as a hint. I know there are several hints for Shkanon, but I don't think there's any for anyone to be posing as Nanjo.

Anyhow, may I ask a question about EP6's closed room? After Battler left, the chain was used to lock the door, right? Was it ever said anything about the possibility of escaping through the window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
It was never said in EP5 that the letter was sealed, iirc.
No one would have taken it seriously, had the letter not had that seal.
Old 2010-01-06, 20:37   Link #5106
Megaolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
No one would have taken it seriously, had the letter not had that seal.
Actually, there's no mention that it had been sealed with the ring in particular. Only the enveloppe was recognized this time. So no mystery here except on who put it there.
Old 2010-01-06, 21:14   Link #5107
DarknessLord

Aye it's easy to think it was sealed though, because it uses the same image as the sealed letters.
DarknessLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 21:25   Link #5108
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post
So no mystery here except on who put it there.
If there's no seal, it could easily be a sham. There's the possibility the ring in the envelope was a replica. So, it wouldn't matter who put it there. We could easily conclude, as it was suggested earlier, that everything concerning this letter was just an elaborate act to force Battler as the new head.
Old 2010-01-06, 21:30   Link #5109
chronotrig

Quote:
About "Nanjo" being actually his granddaughter in disguise, is there even one hint for that? I know she's been mentioned, but I highly doubt that counts as a hint. I know there are several hints for Shkanon, but I don't think there's any for anyone to be posing as Nanjo.
Spoiler for size:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 21:48   Link #5110
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Spoiler for size:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for size:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-06, 22:34   Link #5111
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Spoiler for size:
How can Beato convey a truth to Battler that she does not know. Do you know how utterly pointless that makes everything. The Game Master cannot make a board unless they have an understanding of the game they are setting up. You cannot set up a chess game if you do not know where the pieces must be positioned at the start of the game.

I agree with Klash, this is just far too twisted with the red. I see no reason for Nanjo's granddaughter to disguise as her elderly grandfather. How would she set up such a disguise. If she can set up such a convincing disguise like that then it should be equally possible for someone to make their face look fully smashed without anybody realizing it.

And just because someone can disguise as Nanjo doesn't mean they do. It's not really even a hint that someone can disguise as him to be frank. Hints need to be reasonable - there are clear hints of Shkannon (both never appearing in front of Battler at the same time, Kanon's missing body) but there are really no hints at Nanjo being someone in disguise.

Besides that I would be extremely angry if this is a solution to the murders. Shkannon I can understand, but this is just too much.
Old 2010-01-06, 23:11   Link #5112
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Something I remembered when I was thinking things over:
In episode 1, Shannon's body is hidden at the back of the shed, and Hideyoshi's one of the few people to take a close look.
IIRC, in episode 3, Shannon's body is hidden behind a couch, and Hideyoshi's the one who goes to get a close look.
Any chance this can be worked into a hypothesis?

As for the marks on Natsuhi's door:
Ep 1: They appeared sometime between when Natsuhi went to sleep and when Genji woke Natsuhi up.
Ep 2: They appeared sometime before Battler, Rosa, Maria, and Genji went up to the room. Genji probably went there in the morning, to try to wake Natsuhi, and may have passed there during his rounds later.
Ep 3: They may or may not have appeared. Nobody is recorded as having been there.
Ep 4: They did not appear.
Ep 5: They did not appear.

Spoiler for When they appeared:

I don't buy the suggestion that
Spoiler:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 23:12   Link #5113
chronotrig

Quote:
I don't buy the suggestion that
Spoiler:
If you're talking about my theory, I think I've explained all of those points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for On servants:

Spoiler for Why only Nanjo?:

Quote:
How can Beato convey a truth to Battler that she does not know. Do you know how utterly pointless that makes everything. The Game Master cannot make a board unless they have an understanding of the game they are setting up. You cannot set up a chess game if you do not know where the pieces must be positioned at the start of the game.
Maybe this will clear things up a bit.

Spoiler for size:

So yeah, this theory's still shaky on many levels, but you have to admit, it does explain a lot.

Last edited by chronotrig; 2010-01-06 at 23:30.
Old 2010-01-06, 23:42   Link #5114
battlebattler

Spoiler for Epi5:
battlebattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 23:46   Link #5115
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
# If Beato is the true master of this game, then why does Lambdadelta have full power over her?
# If Beato is the true master of this game, then why does she ask Battler "Who am I?" in the end?
Because Lambda was the one who promoted her to become the Endless Witch. I wouldn't be surprised if Lambda told Beatrice to start a game as twisted as this and is holding that over her head (EP 3 tea party) and is preventing Beato from leaving.

As for the "Who am I?" part - she is asking Battler to solve the final riddle. I'm pretty sure she knows who she is.

And honestly just because a theory explains things doesn't mean it's entirely logical or for that matter reasonable. Think about Natsuhi - Erika put up very good points with the trial and made Natsuhi look like a reasonable culprit. Even Battler wasn't sure of it completely until Virgilia said Natsuhi wasn't the culprit in red. But just because the murders can be explained with Natsuhi being the culprit doesn't mean it's reasonable in the slightest if you consider how much she loves both Krauss and Jessica.
Old 2010-01-06, 23:55   Link #5116
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Because Lambda was the one who promoted her to become the Endless Witch. I wouldn't be surprised if Lambda told Beatrice to start a game as twisted as this and is holding that over her head (EP 3 tea party) and is preventing Beato from leaving.

As for the "Who am I?" part - she is asking Battler to solve the final riddle. I'm pretty sure she knows who she is.

And honestly just because a theory explains things doesn't mean it's entirely logical or for that matter reasonable. Think about Natsuhi - Erika put up very good points with the trial and made Natsuhi look like a reasonable culprit. Even Battler wasn't sure of it completely until Virgilia said Natsuhi wasn't the culprit in red. But just because the murders can be explained with Natsuhi being the culprit doesn't mean it's reasonable in the slightest if you consider how much she loves both Krauss and Jessica.
However, unless there is another theory that's more reasonable, the sole theory that explains everything is the best option out there. Mine doesn't explain quite everything, but if you don't like it, I'm challenging you to find one that explains more. The worst that happens to me is I get proven wrong but find out the correct answer, or I can use any opposing theory to strengthen mine. That's how the game is played.

My theory explains the meta world, the game world, and the motives for the majority of the question arcs (though I haven't written down the details for EP2-4). It has some major flaws, but if these can be worked around, it might make a complete theory eventually.

Old 2010-01-06, 23:57   Link #5117
ArcticHelm

A few points I feel I can at least give a say on.
Quote:

Spoiler for size:
ArcticHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 00:05   Link #5118
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
If you're talking about my theory, I think I've explained all of those points.

Spoiler for On servants:

Spoiler for Why only Nanjo?:

Maybe this will clear things up a bit.

Spoiler for size:

So yeah, this theory's still shaky on many levels, but you have to admit, it does explain a lot.
I am sure that Lambda is the TRUE master of the gameboard. Afterall, she did "lend" it to Beato, maybe she didn't explain the whole truth to her while doing so?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 00:36   Link #5119
Used Can

Quote:
Spoiler for size:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for size:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for size:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-07, 00:46   Link #5120
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
And honestly just because a theory explains things doesn't mean it's entirely logical or for that matter reasonable.
Yeah, I thought that chronotrig was trying some sort of twisted logic experiment at first, but now I'm confused at how far he's been taking it. I'm sure that having an ill person do an impossible impersonation for no reason violates more Knox rules than it satisfies. And it's silly.
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote