AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 19:40   Link #5561
primuler
Love For 3D

This chapter's summary.

Spoiler:

Last edited by primuler; 2010-01-08 at 19:57.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 20:30   Link #5562
Used Can

Hmm... I wonder if he necessarily has to know his parents. I mean, the whole Santa Claus deal was really odd, why of all people who Mikado go to Hayate? Perhaps, there's something about him we don't know.

Anyway, thanks for the summary.
Old 2010-01-08, 23:47   Link #5563
Lisemer

Maybe Hayate is the Seiya of this series?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 00:14   Link #5564
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Perhaps Hayate is an adopted child? I do think that Hayate (being the title character he is) contains that key that Mikado is searching for. He is like the personification of the gem, which in itself brings great misfortune. . . BEAT THAT! :P
Old 2010-01-10, 03:25   Link #5565
InstandLunch

Hello.
I was just reading chapter 253, at the page where Hayate told Nagi that he will definitely come back...
A nasty thought crossed me.

Nagi just gave up her inheritance for Hayate and he asked the night off to go save someone who may or may not have something to do with time travel. Worst of all, he said he'll 'definitely come back to her'. And to even everything out, she said 'Yes, she'll be waiting'.

Gosh, this have all the potential to initiate a time skip cliché. Like where Hayate does saves Athena, but somehow get transported to a time far far away... A future where Nagi lived without Hayate.

Its a bit silly, but does anyone else feel this way?

On the plus side, if Hata have indeed chosen Nagi as the girl Hayate ends up with, she'll be legal!

...I'm a bad person, I know.
InstandLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:41   Link #5566
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstandLunch View Post
Gosh, this have all the potential to initiate a time skip cliché. Like where Hayate does saves Athena, but somehow get transported to a time far far away... A future where Nagi lived without Hayate.

Its a bit silly, but does anyone else feel this way?
That gives me an idea, going back to ancient chapters, this could most probably happen now.
Spoiler for previous chapter spoiler. . lol:

And other than that, nice eye there mate. Didn't really notice that, because everybody's still anticipatin Hayate to the rescue.

Quote:
On the plus side, if Hata have indeed chosen Nagi as the girl Hayate ends up with, she'll be legal!

...I'm a bad person, I know.
Oh You . . .

Wait.. What? I didn't get the "If he chooses her, she'll be legal part." She's got to wait for like what 3 more years (16 is legal in Japan, right?). Or are you referring to something else?

Naww don't ya worry, Hata wouldn't wrap things up so fast without telling us crap about what's actually happening now.
Old 2010-01-11, 01:41   Link #5567
arand017

a quick note on something remember the minotaur design we saw on this chapter? it actually appeared over a year ago

Spoiler for Size:
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 01:54   Link #5568
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
She's got to wait for like what 3 more years (16 is legal in Japan, right?). Or are you referring to something else?

Naww don't ya worry, Hata wouldn't wrap things up so fast without telling us crap about what's actually happening now.
16? In the Land of Loli? Are you kidding? She's legal NOW. Or at least jail free .(if you know what I mean.)
(...) Stop thinking bad thoughts
Old 2010-01-11, 02:16   Link #5569
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Guys,
long time no see =)
So what happen?
Any new update relating HnG?
Old 2010-01-11, 11:08   Link #5570
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
16? In the Land of Loli? Are you kidding? She's legal NOW. Or at least jail free .(if you know what I mean.)
(...) Stop thinking bad thoughts
Hayate probably not a lolicon, so he should wait. Maybe 3 years later, she might grow to be as beautiful as athena.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:12   Link #5571
leoblack9

Naww he'll wait 40 years, he has a debt and won't even dare to have a girlfriend, he's that determined anyway. Sucks for him for actually following A-tan's orders back then (which I think is just to keep him for herself).
Old 2010-01-12, 01:04   Link #5572
zodanhko
*ignoring*

He adopted her belief, not an order. ^^
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 02:52   Link #5573
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Didn't expect that there was a reason behind those broken swords back during TEotW arc.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 22:05   Link #5574
Seitsuki
Onee!

I thought it was just symbolic of their broken relationship, but of course most good writers can pull off a Chekov stunt quite easily just by dreaming up a plot point then twisting it to fit an earlier event. Like if the Mikado Santa ends up being important somehow.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:13   Link #5575
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

So at the end,
Mikado = Midas
Hayate x Athena
Nagi x Wolf (ME) Hahahahahahahaha
And this place is already die........
Everyone migrated to MF............
Anyway, A-tan belief is a bullshit,
Why, in the world, does money have to do with relationship.......
But it still good.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:52   Link #5576
zodanhko
*ignoring*

It doesn't but it's pretty sad for a guy (as a man) to want a girlfriend knowing he can't support her and provide her needs. She doesn't want Hayate to be become someone incompetent? =X Moreover, the future of the girl. I guess it depends on your point of view, but I agree with her. ^^

Last edited by zodanhko; 2010-01-13 at 03:56.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:22   Link #5577
hinakatbklyn

Sounds like something I would say (I was also raised that way). Support myself before trying to support anyone else or look for a girlfriend. Too bad few (both real and anime world) decide they can't wait that long so they look for a boy/girlfirend who can support both.

Hayate was like that in the beginning even before they revealed the whole story. If Athena was not involved in Hayate's life and he didn't have such a huge debt to worry about, would he go with whoever confessed to him first, (Either Ayumu or Hinagiku) or would he continue to support himself before looking for a girlfriend?
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 10:30   Link #5578
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Why, in the world, does money have to do with relationship.......
But it still good.
It's not as if money is the main thing. I don't think anyone would doubt Athena would be with Hayate, even if he's poor. But, all the same, money is important. You cannot live without it, unless you decide to live like a hermit. For example, Hayate told Nagi he'd take care of her now that she's lost her inheritance. In order to be able to do that, amongst many things, he'll have to work and earn money.

Basically, what Athena tried to convey back then was that you need to be reliable. A relationship in which one party cannot be relied on, simply cannot work (i.e. unless there are special circumstances, obviously).
Old 2010-01-13, 11:25   Link #5579
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Hayate was like that in the beginning even before they revealed the whole story. If Athena was not involved in Hayate's life and he didn't have such a huge debt to worry about, would he go with whoever confessed to him first, (Either Ayumu or Hinagiku) or would he continue to support himself before looking for a girlfriend?
The only reason Athena speak of the subjects about relationship to Hayate was because he doesn't know. Moreover, she gave him a good kicking in the stomach because he believed it was too difficult a task. (good scene ^^)

It's the traits and skills that Athena taught and gave to Hayate that made the girls fall for him in the first place. Moreover, if Athena didn't involve in Hayate's live, he'd most likely be dead long ago or become like his parents as he proclaimed. And he isn't that kind and protective toward girls before he met Athena; Athena's teaching created Hayate's harem.
Old 2010-01-13, 11:59   Link #5580
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

In short...Athena created her own rival of love. lol

Is it really bad for someone to be able to support himself first before trying to get a girlfriend ? I don't understand the logic if one tried to say that it's a bad thing, except that the person who said it must be someone who don't have any patience toward this kind of thing..

Anyway, about the new chapter....do you guys think that the thing that Hayate wanted to convey to Athena was the last line of this chapter ? o.o

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen