AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 39 Rating
Perfect 10 9 22.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 42.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-10, 10:43   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 39 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 39.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Late thread is late, sorry guys.
Old 2010-01-10, 11:07   Link #2
Haladflire65
*Artist

That was pretty epic. The new OP and ED were awesome - maybe that's why I liked the episode so much. I loved the Scar scenes... Although overall, the episode wasn't too exciting or anything.
Old 2010-01-10, 12:14   Link #3
Deathscyther

Good episode. Steady pace and the new OP and ED were great. I liked the EdWin moments.

The only thing I can complain about is that they messed up with Kimblee's hat in the beginning...one moment it was gone, a few seconds later he had it on his head again, and then it was gone again lol. =p

Little mistake aside, it was an enjoyable episode. 9/10
Old 2010-01-10, 13:08   Link #4
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
That was pretty epic. The new OP and ED were awesome - maybe that's why I liked the episode so much. I loved the Scar scenes... Although overall, the episode wasn't too exciting or anything.
I'm surprised you'd say that, when Roy isn't in the OP at all. (well only for that split second it shows all the characters, but that doesn't count)

But yeah, it was still a pretty good OP. The first half with Ed and Al doing nothing was kinda meh, but the second one, when the fights started, was pure awesome, with amazing animation. Pride looked pretty badass there.

And the ED felt more like an OP than an ED. And it was also quite good.

Now I just need to see the episode itself, lol.
Old 2010-01-10, 13:09   Link #5
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm surprised you'd say that, when Roy isn't in the OP at all. (well only for that split second it shows all the characters, but that doesn't count)
Yes, I know I'm a Roy fangirl and everything, and yes, I was disappointed at his absence in the OP, but I still like the song and visuals, so I forgive BONES.
Old 2010-01-10, 13:36   Link #6
Vicious108

I see. You're pretty reasonable for a fangirl.

And hey Roy doesn't have a very big role in the current arc, so it's kind of understandable.

I'm sure when OP5 comes along, he'll be there in all his glory.
Old 2010-01-10, 17:18   Link #7
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Another perfect episode, pacing was just right and the animation looked great.

The new OP and ED were sooooooo good! Had to watch them twice lol.
Old 2010-01-10, 17:26   Link #8
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I see. You're pretty reasonable for a fangirl.

And hey Roy doesn't have a very big role in the current arc, so it's kind of understandable.

I'm sure when OP5 comes along, he'll be there in all his glory.
isnt this the final OP? and this is the final 13 episodes of the series right?
i really hope this wraps up well...
Old 2010-01-10, 17:39   Link #9
takachsh
Unagi, Rice Bowl Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
isnt this the final OP? and this is the final 13 episodes of the series right?
i really hope this wraps up well...
Actually the series has been slated for 63 episodes so a 5th OP/ED is not out of the question really. Unless something happen's and we only get another 12-13 ep, I can see another OP/ED. More ep the better hah.
Old 2010-01-10, 17:48   Link #10
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by takachsh View Post
Actually the series has been slated for 63 episodes so a 5th OP/ED is not out of the question really. Unless something happen's and we only get another 12-13 ep, I can see another OP/ED. More ep the better hah.
63 episodes? awesome... i thought it was only 52.
Old 2010-01-10, 21:13   Link #11
Kirarakim

Guys the 63 episodes has not been confirmed. There is no set episode count but it will definitely be more than 52 episodes.

Anyways my favorite part about the opening was when Ed & Al started out alone and then suddenly they are surrounded by more and more allies. This so perfectly represents what Fullmetal Alchemist is about. And in fact it shows the one thing that makes the series stand out from other shounen. In most shounen the main character has to eventually depend on himself to beat the final villain. In FMA Ed & Al's growth is recognizing that they can't only rely on each other that there are so many people out there that can & want to help. This is another thing that separates FMA from the 1st series where it was all about Ed & Al.
Old 2010-01-11, 01:53   Link #12
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Guys the 63 episodes has not been confirmed. There is no set episode count but it will definitely be more than 52 episodes.
Yes it has, actually. :P

I'm curious about what non-manga readers think of the following things in brotherhood:

#1: What do you think of Scar?

#2: What do you think of Winry?

#3: What do you think of the final scene of ep 39, with Father?
Old 2010-01-11, 02:11   Link #13
Vicious108

Fianlly watched it, and other than the incredibly sloppy animation, it was pretty good.

Best part was Scar remembering his master and brother's words. In fact, the man himself should've had an eyecatch, since this was a very important episode for him and one that will help shape his character.

Al convincing the chimeras not to give up was also nice, even if I've always thought that part was a little too convenient and forced even in the manga.

Also, lol @ BONES making up stuff about Jerso and Zampano's families.
Old 2010-01-11, 06:44   Link #14
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

I just love the new op and ed I watched them more than 3 times I think. Good Episode. new year new op.
Old 2010-01-11, 09:21   Link #15
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Yes it has, actually. :P
No actually it has not. If you would like to show me where it was confirmed with an official source go right ahead. The information from an Aniplex rep that it was 63 episodes is not official. Even Funimation said the rep was mistaken. At the very most the 63 episodes might be a reasonable guess.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e=AI-10216-219

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2010-01-11 at 09:49.
Old 2010-01-11, 09:37   Link #16
Ottocycle

I thought it was quite a talky ep, but it did have lots of juicy Scar+Winry development. Maybe putting the new OP/ED was to sweeten up this episode a little and prevent the viewers from getting turned off too much, since the viewers won't be able to move along with the cast if they can't remember what's going on. Well at least that's what it seems to me.

Also agree on the two chimera's (I can't remember their names, not a good sign) switching sides a little too convenient and taking up screentime, though that's the fault of the source material apparently?
Old 2010-01-11, 09:58   Link #17
Kirarakim

The Chimeas (Jelso and Zampano) were never villains to begin with. They were human beings turned into Chimeras and feeling they couldn't go back to their families they stayed in the army and were following orders. I don't think it is so hard to think they would switch sides when they find out what the high command at the army is really after. And even before they joined the right side they were trying not to needlessly fight Ed & Al by saying we are your allies.

I did always think Al's speech to them was a little corny but it is a very Al thing to say.
Old 2010-01-11, 10:14   Link #18
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

In the previous ending we saw how much Winry grew and in this new one I can't helping looking at the grown up Ed. Is it just me or he really looks more like and adult(in the manga I already noticed that but it's the first time that I'm seeing Ed growing in the anime.)?

Also I love the EdWin scene and Winry's resolution.
Old 2010-01-11, 10:48   Link #19
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
In the previous ending we saw how much Winry grew and in this new one I can't helping looking at the grown up Ed. Is it just me or he really looks more like and adult(in the manga I already noticed that but it's the first time that I'm seeing Ed growing in the anime.)?

Also I love the EdWin scene and Winry's resolution.
nope, it's not just you. We really see Ed's design mature throughout the manga, but especially during the briggs arc.
Old 2010-01-11, 11:19   Link #20
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
#3: What do you think of the final scene of ep 39, with Father?
i think hes talking about this sacrifice business, though i wonder why he doesnt mention mustang, didnt lust say he was a potential sacrifice as well?
Closed Thread