AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 39 Rating
Perfect 10 9 22.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 42.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-15, 00:41   Link #41
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

talking about Winry's bust? i hardly noticed the difference. makes sense though. she's a teenager during the story, so its natural that they grow.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-01-15, 02:20   Link #42
OkamiNoKaze

Pretty cool episode, I liked the Opening and ending, both the animation and the music, It'll take abit but I think they will grow on me. Hmm, shouldn't the cold effect Al's armor the way it did Ed's Automail? Yay seems like We'll get more Izumi soon. I think she's my favorite supporting character for this series.
Old 2010-01-15, 02:52   Link #43
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Pretty cool episode, I liked the Opening and ending, both the animation and the music, It'll take abit but I think they will grow on me. Hmm, shouldn't the cold effect Al's armor the way it did Ed's Automail? Yay seems like We'll get more Izumi soon. I think she's my favorite supporting character for this series.
What do you mean? What was happening to Ed's automail was that it is mostly steel and because it conducts heat well, it would have given Ed frostbite. Al doesn't have to worry about that because he doesn't have a body.
Old 2010-01-15, 04:58   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I can't help but think the earrings will give away their plan to Kimblee soon.
How? Ed's not stupid enough to have them fall out of his pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so its natural that they grow.
Yes we all know that, though it's still something we're allowed to point out, and talk about.
Old 2010-01-15, 08:59   Link #45
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How? Ed's not stupid enough to have them fall out of his pocket.
I don't know. It was the first thing I thought of when the guy mentioned her earrings. I hope it doesn't become a give away, it would be better if they remained as a sentimental and symbolic thing between Ed & Winry.

Quote:
Yes we all know that, though it's still something we're allowed to point out, and talk about.
The real question is how much time has passed from the start of the manga. There is no way to tell time so it's like they grew out of no where in no time at all.
Old 2010-01-15, 11:25   Link #46
Kanish

I was too busy gawking at the videos the whole time to listen to the songs, still ,great work as always. Wait a minute, Did Kimbley just perform his alchemy through the air in the video? That is nuts!
Old 2010-01-15, 11:38   Link #47
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
talking about Winry's bust? i hardly noticed the difference. makes sense though. she's a teenager during the story, so its natural that they grow.
Horizontal growth spurt XD Must have been hard to get new bras in Briggs ... Or Garfiel went shopping for her beforehand ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Yay seems like We'll get more Izumi soon. I think she's my favorite supporting character for this series.
She's just a passing housewife ...
FMA is full of badass females <.< And they actually do something!
Old 2010-01-15, 11:41   Link #48
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I did like the end with the chess-like pieces. At first I thought it was family, then Izumi was added, then I thought it was those close to the brothers but then I realized that all of them opened the gate. So now the fifth will have to be someone similar. I think it'll have to do with Roy & Hawkeye myself, but if I think about those two it spells bad stuff for Hawkeye no matter what, and I don't want that.
Old 2010-01-15, 12:55   Link #49
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The real question is how much time has passed from the start of the manga.
I think about 1.5 years or so pass from the start of the manga (the stuff in Lior) to where it currently is at in the manga, and maybe a year has passed from lior to where Brotherhood is currently at.

It's kind of hard to discern the time passage, I know

I'll try to lay things out in this post, but I'll put it in spoilers in case someone randomly wanders into this thread by accident instead of the thread for episode 3.9 :P

of course, even if Winry has spent only 2 or 3 months studying automail in Rush Valley at Garfiel's, it would be long enough for her to "sprout" fully :P

Spoiler for recap:

Part of the reason why it may be confusing is certain scenes even within the same episode may not necessarily be occuring at the same time. For instance, we see Mustang arrive at central at the same time as Bradley stumbles upon Devil's Nest, but it's perfectly possible that Bradley was conducting a month-long inspection of the southern region, and, although Ed and Al were in Devil's Nest during episode 14, the scene with Mustang completing his transfer to Central occurred when Ed and Al were on the train to Rush Valley :P
Old 2010-01-16, 16:38   Link #50
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode XXXIX: Daydream

Good grief, after a two-weeks hiatus I finally returned back to this show.

Overall, this episode marks the conclusion to the Briggs arc. The episode itself was a standard, dialogue chapter but yielded surprising results.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread