Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-29, 09:47   Link #201
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
This is the way i see it.

First of all Madara wouldn't let sasuske Die because Madara is really low on man power due to the fact that he has just recently lost Kisame. Basically since madara is using sausuke, he will protect sasuske eventually, and he knows that sasuske is strong enough to not fail. Plus he was ready to intervene during the battle between danzo. and remember to the hunt for killer bee by sasuske squad, he mentioned that they were the one using akatsuki.

Second: i don't think that karin died, because Danzo said "he got me through the heart right through the hostage" meaning that sasuske was able to get to him without hitting the vital point of karin and plus he told karin not to move.

Crazy idea part:
this is what i think sasuske did: he was able to curve the his chakra flow once it entered karin body just to secure and lot letting danzo know he can do that, because if he did he would of just killed karin on the spot.

Well i might be wrong but it maybe possible
basically.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:16   Link #202
yakumo-chan

for my opinion....

i think karin died....

just look at sasuke's face

Spoiler for save space:

he looks evil enough to do it

also this one.....

Spoiler for save space:

look at tobi...

he says...

"That's it"

tobi is smiling.... it looks pretty evil to me..... which is why I think Karin really died....

also... why would Karin react like "Huh" if she knows she is going to live right??

for my opinion karin died...
Old 2010-01-29, 12:36   Link #203
JustRob

I gotta agree with Karin being dead. Suigetsu and Jugo have already almost been forgotten, Kishi needed a way to get rid of the last useless character. It also says "Sasuke sacrifices Karin for his revenge!!".

I like the way Sasuke is going. He's pretty cool when he's insane.

Also I don't think Madara is afraid of Naruto turning Sasuke over to the good guys. After all, Madara told Naruto he would make Sasuke fight him.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:43   Link #204
noktown

Is this your first time reading mangas or something,they always do that in mangas,where everyone starts thinking like wow,he actually stabbed her,but usually they do that with the good guys where we know for sure that he didn't actually kill her,but we still aren't sure whether or not sasuke is good...

So my money is on her staying alive(i don't care if she dies to be honest).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:44   Link #205
Francois

If Karin dies this early then they wouldn't introduce her in the story
Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:47   Link #206
JustRob

Yeah because they've never pulled that before. OH WAIT Sasori
Old 2010-01-29, 13:02   Link #207
Darrkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
for my opinion....

i think karin died....

just look at sasuke's face

Spoiler for save space:

he looks evil enough to do it

also this one.....

Spoiler for save space:

look at tobi...

he says...

"That's it"

tobi is smiling.... it looks pretty evil to me..... which is why I think Karin really died....

also... why would Karin react like "Huh" if she knows she is going to live right??

Karin is alive and most likely fine with just a little wound. Sasuke made sure of it with his "don't move!" it doesn't matter how crazy he looks. i think madara is smiling because it was such an unexpected move.
Darrkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 13:33   Link #208
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
madara is smiling
I must be the only one who just can't see his mask shaped into a smiley.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 13:41   Link #209
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I must be the only one who just can't see his mask shaped into a smiley.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
[Madara] looked as happy as a person with 98% of their face covered can look....
Madara didn't even give a good "kukukuku" laugh. Rather, I think quite a few individuals are projecting their glee at Sasuke's villainy/Karin or Danzou death onto Madara's remarks/eye.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 13:49   Link #210
JustRob

Agree as well, why would Madara smile over this, he has seen far worse.

I think he's just satisfied that Sasuke finally sacrifices those he doesn't need anymore.
Old 2010-01-29, 13:55   Link #211
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
We don't know wether or not he's smiling, but we know he has a reason to do so since things go according to his plan, therefore it is not unlikely. That's all there is to it.
Old 2010-01-29, 14:13   Link #212
JustRob

I guess we'll never know, since taking his mask off means Sasuke auto-amaterasu-ing him. I don't think he'll be taking his mask off as long as Sasuke's with him.
Old 2010-01-29, 14:18   Link #213
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Madara didn't even give a good "kukukuku" laugh. Rather, I think quite a few individuals are projecting their glee at Sasuke's villainy/Karin or Danzou death onto Madara's remarks/eye.
Actually I thought Madara's eye suggested glee and at the time I wasn't really happy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:01   Link #214
Salt
the cynic

If Karin really dies, then I suppose it's the end of the Sasuke we know - Kish would have effectively killed him off, it won't be the same Sasuke we follow throughout the manga.

Maybe he feels it's time to end the manga, and needs to conclude it somehow, not to mention everyone seems to want a showdown of some sort.
But of all plot devices to use, he used the lame "he has gone mad, let's kill him for purples" that a certain video game company has been resorting to once too often. >.>
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:14   Link #215
james0246

@Haak: Which is why I qualified the statement by saying "quite a few..." .
Old 2010-01-29, 15:42   Link #216
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
look at tobi...

he says...

"That's it"

Kishimoto does not have to actually kill someone to achieve the same effect on the reader as if he really killed off that character. Just some examples:
- Hinata stabbed, Pain's black rod bathing in blood, yet when we see Sakura healing Hinata even most of the blood is gone
- Neji and Chouji "died" in their battle, but later were saved by Tsunade
- Kakashi and many others killed by Pain, later resurrected
Kishimoto has done good job in most of these cases since many of us believed that the character is really dead. Even in the middle of the big fights there are many cliffhangers when it seems as if one side died, just to bring him back in the next chapter, that's natural in a shonen manga. I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out that Danzou chose to use the one last eye to make an Izanagi, but currently i think it's unlikely that it will happen.

Tobi is smiling for a very good reason: Sasuke is falling under his control, Sasuke is joining him on the "dark side". You should look at all of Sasuke's fights from the perspective of the Madara-Naruto dialog that was about Sasuke. Madara wants to drag Sasuke into darkness so much that Naruto will not be able to convert him and turn him against Madara. So he is happy that Sasuke doesn't care about Karin, because Karin is the last one "nakama" that Sasuke has. Just look at Sasuke's transformation: against KillerBee he saved Karin, now he doesn't care.

Karin is shocked that Sasuke is not the knight that will save the princess, her dream about Sasuke is beginning to fall apart now. Also a simple "Huh?!" doesn't seem to be a decent dying-sentence/speech. If she really died she would have said something like "Sasuke i believed in you! Some sentimental bla-bla...".
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:59   Link #217
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

I see no use in keeping her around, besides her skills. As a character lending to the story she can be let go.
Old 2010-01-29, 16:03   Link #218
james0246

It's not like this would be the first time characters have fallen just to give Sasuke character development. So, I say let her die...
Old 2010-01-29, 16:17   Link #219
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Hell, an entire clan was killed for it.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 16:36   Link #220
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

I mean honestly, does anyone really care to watch a Sakura vs Karin situation? Either join Camp Naruto or begone.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion