AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 19:04   Link #661
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Somehow, I gotta a feeling this won`t follow the manga by the book. Hey, maybe that`s just me.
Defiled one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 19:12   Link #662
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

all manga material in 4. i enjoyed it. looks like the school arc is next.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:07   Link #663
ShadowThingy

Didnt think it was a bad episode overall, it's still holding to the Manga plot to an extent.

On another note, anyone know where I can an Avi/MP4 version of Episode 4?
ShadowThingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 00:13   Link #664
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

why are they heads tilted, its bothering me.

and why is ep 4 censored?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 03:10   Link #665
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Looks like they are actually following the original, but with slight differences (or big, depending on how others see it). Still find that old fart vampire a pain in the ass though, hopefully he'll get knock out by Vera.

Side note: is it just me or did Akira remind anyone of Saito (ZnT)?

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 03:11   Link #666
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Though was really excited by the series . Need to start watching this series the lolicon articles are scaring me away . I hadn't picked many anime in 2010 other than Dhurarara and Bund . Haven't watched anime in days need to get back to it .
Old 2010-01-31, 04:39   Link #667
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Feng View Post
Side note: is it just me or did Akira remind anyone of Saito (ZnT)?
I blame the jumper he was wearing in this weeks episode. Apart from that, i don't see any similarities at all.
Old 2010-01-31, 15:42   Link #668
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ah yes, I think I recall some discussions in the Simoun thread... It's true: when I really like something, I find myself going the full distance. I like to enjoy what I enjoy. And abandon what I don't. Unfortunately, I sometimes find myself loving shows others don't much like. I can understand some people objecting to this show morally. That's their right. But that aside, I consider it real art.
Oh, I have no problem with your manner of fandom, quite the opposite actually. Simoun was simply an odd case where I had a very hard time finding reasons for much applause -- while you kept applauding. Like I said, I was a little bit afraid that the same might happen here with Bund; fortunately it didn't.

As for the naked loli thing, I mostly find it an unnecessary distraction guaranteed to turn off more viewers than it attracts (outside Japan, at least). To remedy that, I propose Mina transforming into a more conventional form before getting naked. Oh, wait...

If Anime-Junkies were still around, they could use their most infamous sub line with this show.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 17:37   Link #669
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 4, was pretty good. Interesting plan by the assassin(s)
Old 2010-01-31, 17:48   Link #670
bigdeath

This was mostly manga material. A good episode. I wonder how similar the student president arc will be.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 18:45   Link #671
Ghostfriendly

Poor student council girl seems in a very bad way. Would like to see what happens to her as a vampire, and why she was attacked. I'm sure if Mina carelessly lets low-ranking vampires attack anyone they like, Japan will call some equivalent of the Hellsing Organisation, or otherwise start getting bolshy.

Interesting show anyway, all the pans over female character's bodies are quite striking and tasteful, though the clothes ripping, skirts, and naked loli not so much.

Mina does seem a really strong lead, her charismatic and cute sides emerging so naturally as to break out of any stereotype.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 22:14   Link #672
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode 3

AWE-SOME!

This is getting really good. For a while I thought she was actually a good person who just wanted to help her people...until what she did to the president at the end. That's messed up and I feel bad for that girl, even if she was a bitch, she didn't deserve something as horrific as that.

I expected that girl who found the "cliche left behind cell phone" to be cuter.
Old 2010-02-01, 03:20   Link #673
Cirocco

Episode 4

Great episode! The rapid flashes of scenes, and they are plenty, don't detract from the story, but rather flow smoothly with the dialogue and narration. Also, Mina displays a deadly knack for subterfuge and manipulation, as witnessed in this episode, especially regarding the vampire Marquis, the werewolf guardians, and the news reporters. This seems to set the tone for the political mine-field and intrigue of the vampire court and the outside world.

And Akira shows his uncanny gift of acute awareness. Not only does he thwart a bomb attempt on Mina's life, but he also witnesses the compassionate side of Mina. He sees her playing with children in a game of jump rope, but he comes to realize that the children aren't what they appear - they're fang-less vampires who've shunned the blood lust of their kind, and they walk between the world of vampires and humanity, not welcomed by either side. And their future home. according to Mina's wish, is the Vampire Bund, a refuge and sanctuary for their kind. Now that's an interesting concept. Even now, I find her playing with the kids a touching scene.

Although Akira is aware of Mina's devious potential, he's gradually finding his comfort zone with her, and she for him...though she is occasionally reminded about her role as leader and his role as servant.

And the ending with the rolling credits while Mina and Akira chat and the narrator speaks, and even a glimpse of the unfortunate student council president...it all comes together wonderfully. An omen of things to come.
Cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 07:56   Link #674
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
AWE-SOME!

This is getting really good. For a while I thought she was actually a good person who just wanted to help her people...until what she did to the president at the end. That's messed up and I feel bad for that girl, even if she was a bitch, she didn't deserve something as horrific as that.

I expected that girl who found the "cliche left behind cell phone" to be cuter.
If Mina did arrange that, rather than someone else, she ought to have some reason, since the president wasn't any real threat to her, and if anyone found out they would trust her much less. Maybe to see what kind of vampire the girl is going to become?
Old 2010-02-01, 09:06   Link #675
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
If Mina did arrange that, rather than someone else, she ought to have some reason, since the president wasn't any real threat to her, and if anyone found out they would trust her much less. Maybe to see what kind of vampire the girl is going to become?
Well, I haven't watched episode four yet, so I don't know what came of it, if anything. But Mina could have done simply because she didn't like the girl or her attitude.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:12   Link #676
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, I haven't watched episode four yet, so I don't know what came of it, if anything. But Mina could have done simply because she didn't like the girl or her attitude.
Possibly, but she's shown herself as very calculating, and her plan will probably run into trouble if she attacks people rashly. She has dominated the human leaders she's met so far, but if they were to team up with the faction of vampires against her, they could do something. Suprised that none of the journalists in ep 4 were asking questions like 'what are all the vampires coming to Japan going to live on?' 'Do you need warm blood, or can you drink from plastic freezer bags?'
Old 2010-02-01, 14:33   Link #677
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. Dare I say it? The worst animated series of this season...
ep 4 did have some interesting moments, but the utter lack of animation was shocking. And even the typical Shaft frozen-characters-with-moving-mouths was quite bad this time.

I think Shaft needs to re prioritize things after this one.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 18:41   Link #678
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Whoaah, this adaptation for the time being is beginning to get good, but at some times it proved difficult for me to follow the pacing.

I give credit to SHAFT at changing the chrnological order of events in the manga without turning everything into a mess.

There was a lot of manga material pertaining to volume 1 and particularly with volume 2, regarding Mina's entry to the school.

Though, unfortunately, I cannot include spoilers because events that had already happened in the first manga volume have yet to happen in the anime.

What we had for this episode three was a "Chase around the Vampire School" with Akira being the unwilling protagonist of one Mina Tepes' machiavellan schemes.
Spoiler:

Furthermore, Mina's anime incarnation is not a let down to her manga counterpart. She's as cynical and malicious as she's in the manga and comparable to Hellsing's Alucard in that behavior.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 21:31   Link #679
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

enjoying this series. and love the OP - very nostalgic feeling song. loved 80's j-rock.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 21:56   Link #680
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Hmm.. Well I enjoyed episode four but it seemed very out of place...

It seemed to deal with issues that would be better addressed right after the announcement of the bund, rather then after she enrolled in the school.

Oh, and did that Anime-original girl show up in Ep 4? I didn't see her but I'm just making sure.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence