AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-03, 10:40   Link #361
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Oh really? Someone needs to read Claymore again or stop posting:

Priscilla was crying like a baby, shat her pants and stunk so much Teresa decided to not touch her even with a sword.
That, or she shat her pants out of disbelief that she was at Teresa's mercy.
Old 2010-02-03, 10:49   Link #362
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

So the hunter was the hunted. Yagi, you are superb!

kay, everything is going as expected. Priscilla is, without a doubt, the supreme being of the Island while Clare, is Clare.

It has been hard for Clare, she kept her private life for herself and it seems that Priscilla is something new for Helen and Deneve. However, our "lucky 47" remains shadowed by the curious foe and Priscilla is kinda "Meh...you smell nice."

"Insert perfume jokes"

Priscilla has the power to dominate but lacks the will. She prefers the solace of human "male" company and often roams around towns. I bet she`s hungry and often amuses my questioning. Is she a monster, or the Monster that eats other monsters?
Old 2010-02-03, 11:13   Link #363
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
(...) Otherwise, why would she go off to fight Teresa again? (...)
Eh... Because she was crazy? Or should I say completely f***ed up after Teresa spared her? Some of her screws loosed but that doesn't change the fact she was terrified of her when she was still somewhat sane. In the end she was the one begging Teresa to finish her off and was kneeling down in front of her (even though she had almost awakened). Sure, ultimately she killed Teresa but her fight with her was pathetic. She licked Teresa's shoes throughout the whole fight and won only thanks to dirty tactics.
Old 2010-02-03, 11:15   Link #364
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by straferd View Post
Next chapter in april? arghhh
April issue, which comes out in March. Some people really need to subscribe to a monthly magazine (any type). They all do the same thing.
Old 2010-02-03, 11:37   Link #365
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
It better not be Galatea-sama. I don't want her anywhere near this battle. If she'd ever pose for pictures in her plot armor, it'd make for the best selling issue of Playboy of all time.
The further away she is the better.
Don't worry: I think that prissy would've said someone pulled Clare back, if that was indeed the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I don't exactly agree. She thought she was going to die right then and there. Afterward she got back up, released her yoki and went after Teresa to fight again. I do not think that exactly fits with "terrified."

Otherwise, why would she go off to fight Teresa again? To face her fears?

I hope Teresafandom doesn't strike this me for this post.
You're wrong. Priscilla was scared shitless. They way you describe things, makes it sound like people can't go through a sequence of emotions. Priscilla was Scared shitless --> Teresa was Merciful --> Priscilla got Mad.

Pure simplicity.
Old 2010-02-03, 11:50   Link #366
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri Fay Claymore
I don't know what all you people expect from Clare. Even if she does love and care for Raki like I think she does, her mentality has always been like Teresa's in that Clare can't really do anything for him. She just wants him to be safe and happy, and that's only going to happen away from Claymores,yoma and ABs. CLare just wanted to see him again one last time but if Raki is OK ,then Clare is satisfied and can get back to the only thing that has driven her and kept her alive for so long.
It's seen almost as a sign of betrayal, because until now, we all believed that she wanted to find him again and continue being with like she was. He loves her, their's no doubts there, but we always thought the feeling was mutual. They kissed, for crying out loud; however you interpret that, they did it, and it's difficult not to see it as something romantic, at least in some sense.

It's not surprising that Claire has Priscilla higher then him in her book, she's been wanting to kill her long before she met him after all. The part that stings though is that she's almost made it look like she's been living to find him again as much as she's been living to kill Priscilla. Claire already wanted to leave Raki in Rabona with the Church safetly before she changed her mind and asked if he wanted to come with her, presumably because he saved her life by helping her transform back....now she wants to leave him alone safetly again?

I can see how Weird D says that it's like she hasn't gained any growth, she's going around in circles. Regardless of how you see their relationship, you would at least think they would stay together, after all the looking both of them have done.

--

Nixl, you're being a bit contradictory; how is "thinking she was going to die" not the same as fear?

---

Translating Raki's name as "Lucky" is just being stupid. One look at any of the previous chapters, no matter who translates, says it's "Raki". Any random google search says it's Raki.

Other then playing dumb, I kind of find it hard you would write then and not at least take a look at previous chapters for continuity.

Oh well
Old 2010-02-03, 12:03   Link #367
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch the chapter .

LOL yeah , they translated "LUCKY" omg

And Clare awakened form is like the anime .

But Priscillia yeah , is on a different level !
Old 2010-02-03, 12:04   Link #368
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

To be fair though, how could Claire *not* go at Priscilla with everything she's got given the opportunity. I mean here is an AB that Clare did not encounter and virtually no-one had heard of for almost what 15 or so years?

It's been shown that Clare was holding back in key fights "Ophelia" and too rash in others "Duph+Riful". If she's gonna attack it's gotta be with everything i mean even Deneve can see that Priscilla is on a whole other level above the AO (others they encountered). So Clare threw everything at that one opportunity and i don't see how anyone can blame her, the surprise isn't that she attacked, i mean she didn't go beserk off the bat, she's told her allies to run etc, (there's the maturity and experience) but rather the surprise is that she COULDN'T awaken.

I mean she clearly tried but actually couldn't awaken, in this instance. And i've seen some compelling arguments as to why this is the case. Raphealla's influence, Teresa's influence, not actually being able to awaken, not really being able to let go of her willpower, developed immunity to awakening etc...

Hopefully the next chapter will throw yet more revealing information at us...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2010-02-03, 12:06   Link #369
zato_1one

I never saw that kiss as a romantic one. That would make Clare a shota-con, seriously. I think that it was just a way to shut him up which was really effective. Clare is trying to find Raki all this time because she want to keep her promise with Raki. That is to survive and meet each other again. I see no betrayal here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
And Clare awakened form is like the anime .
No. It's the anime that like the manga.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:14   Link #370
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post

No. It's the anime that like the manga.
Ow did i missed something ? Did she already show his awakened form in the manga ? I can't tell cuz i began to read the manga after the hell in the north village .
Old 2010-02-03, 12:16   Link #371
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It's seen almost as a sign of betrayal, because until now, we all believed that she wanted to find him again and continue being with like she was. He loves her, their's no doubts there, but we always thought the feeling was mutual. They kissed, for crying out loud; however you interpret that, they did it, and it's difficult not to see it as something romantic, at least in some sense.

It's not surprising that Claire has Priscilla higher then him in her book, she's been wanting to kill her long before she met him after all. The part that stings though is that she's almost made it look like she's been living to find him again as much as she's been living to kill Priscilla. Claire already wanted to leave Raki in Rabona with the Church safetly before she changed her mind and asked if he wanted to come with her, presumably because he saved her life by helping her transform back....now she wants to leave him alone safetly again?

I can see how Weird D says that it's like she hasn't gained any growth, she's going around in circles. Regardless of how you see their relationship, you would at least think they would stay together, after all the looking both of them have done.

--

Nixl, you're being a bit contradictory; how is "thinking she was going to die" not the same as fear?
Feh. I've never quite bought into JBs argument, good as it is, that, that kiss was romantic. Like I pointed out several times, if I were to see that as romantic, I would have to see it as Clare having feelings for a 12 year old boy, which doesn't sit well with my image of Clare. I always saw that as a more of a sisterly kiss, like the punch to the head, a bit of encouragement, and a bit to confuse Raki and get him to leave. BTW, you neglecting the possibility I brought up, completely, that Clare thinks that Raki has a daughter and a possible wife, and that her being a woman gives her enough insight that the wife does not want an old female acquaintance showing up.

But like I said: Many of your Raki lovers only try to see the world in a Raki centered perspective. "Raki loves Clare and was kind to Prissy, and they both abandoned him. wah wah wah..." In a Raki Centered world, the only way Clare can develop as a character is if she realizes her feelings for Raki, is willing to drop her quest, her expression of love for Teresa, to be with Raki. And all the sudden, Clare and Prissy were just Bitches who abandoned Raki. That is despite the fact that the whole reason Clare split from Raki was to save his life and have Ophelia go after her instead. That is despite the fact that Clare set herself up for execution by not reporting in to the org, and instead spent all her time looking for Raki. Despite the fact, that the only reason she went to the North in the fist place is to find Raki. Despite the fact that she spent seven years looking for traces of his survival in the north. And you guys quickly forget about the looks Prissy gave Raki when she traveled with him. How she asked Renee, "Are you picking on Raki." The fact that, that was Prissy who had regained some of her humanity, and is now devoid of it again.

The plain simple fact is the Claymore world doesn't revolve around Raki :P and there are people who care for him, but caring doesn't require dropping everything you have for the guy.

Clare relationship with Raki is as it always been. What is different from when he was traveling with her? Her quest back then was to find Prissy and kill her. What would Raki want? Well, if Prissy wasn't Clare's nemesis, then he would be cool with that quest, as long as he got to die next to Clare. :P So you guy's are not even taking Raki's wants into consideration, it is more what you want for Raki. D
Old 2010-02-03, 12:20   Link #372
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
(...)
Translating Raki's name as "Lucky" is just being stupid. (...)
I thought Gangsta explained why it's not stupid. I suggest you read this article on Wikipedia, maybe then you will know that it wasn't stupid, that's what it says. Light/Right Yagami, Holo/Horo, Alucard/Arucard, Elemental Gelade/Erementar Gerad, etc.
BTW in Polish "Raki" means "crayfishes" so Lucky sounds better in my ears ;P.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:20   Link #373
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow did i missed something ? Did she already show his awakened form in the manga ? I can't tell cuz i began to read the manga after the hell in the north village .
Ahh yes. In the anime, Clare could kill Rigaldo by just awakening her legs. But in the manga, it's something like this.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-02-03, 12:22   Link #374
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

What's with this whole "Claymore world doesn't center around Raki"

You think people don't know that? Doesn't make her words any less disappointing.

As for whether or not their relationship IS romantic, I've been back and forth about it. I couldn't care less though if she had feelings for him, I don't see the big deal.

All this "shota-con" stuff people keep saying is kind of silly really . I remember going into this indepth conversation with Revan once about love, and I don't see what the big deal is. We don't even know if it qualifies as "illicit" or anything because we don't have a clear idea how old Claire and Raki are, especially the former(though it looks like her physical age is still the same as her actual age).

So what if Claire does, or did, have feelings for him? How does that ruin her image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
BTW, you neglecting the possibility I brought up, completely, that Clare thinks that Raki has a daughter and a possible wife, and that her being a woman gives her enough insight that the wife does not want an old female acquaintance showing up.
Never remember you writing that.

I wouldn't jump the gun though and say that though; Cid said that he was travelling with a little girl and said plainly that Raki said it wasn't his own. Seems a bit too much of a reach that he's got the whole wife and kids thing when he's looking around for Claire. Why on earth is he traveling around with his little kid and possibly putting her in significant danger instead of leaving her home with her mother?
---

Gooral, I'm not ignorant; I'm aware of the whole L/R thing. It's just silly because all it took was one look at any other chapter to see how the name was translated.

Whatever, this issue has gone on for too long ......but I do find it interesting that Raki means "crayfish" in Polish

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-02-03 at 12:37.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:27   Link #375
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Clare's feelings for Raki are beyond sisterly love. If you don't believe it, just read chapter 41.

If they are romantic or not...I'm sure we'll know by the end of the manga.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:28   Link #376
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
BTW, you neglecting the possibility I brought up, completely, that Clare thinks that Raki has a daughter and a possible wife, and that her being a woman gives her enough insight that the wife does not want an old female acquaintance showing up.
That's good observation. I agree that it's also one of the possibility.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:33   Link #377
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
I wouldn't jump the gun though and say that though; Cid said that he was travelling with a little girl and said plainly that Raki said it wasn't his own. Seems a bit too much of a reach that he's got the whole wife and kids thing when he's looking around for Claire. Why on earth is he traveling around with his little kid and possibly putting her in significant danger instead of leaving her home with her mother?
The manga gave some hints about that in chapter...79, I think? Clare smiles() when she finds Raki is still alive and looks deceptioned when she hears about the little girl he has tagging along. Even Helen said that that was it for casual talk.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:39   Link #378
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post

You're wrong. Priscilla was scared shitless. They way you describe things, makes it sound like people can't go through a sequence of emotions. Priscilla was Scared shitless --> Teresa was Merciful --> Priscilla got Mad.

Pure simplicity.
When did I say people can't go through emotional sequences? See Raki.

I can agree she was scared, but the next part is where you/Gooral and I disagree.
You read " I'm scared [of Teresa]"
I read "I'm scared [I'm on my knees and about to die]"

Teresa showed mercy, it is the next action that I feel changes the context of that scene. Priscilla get's back up and attacks Teresa again. That would just make it some on an off switch (sequence of emotions right?). I'll try to clarify.

Based on what Gooral said it went like this.
Priscilla: I'm afraid-->Teresa shows mercy--> I am so crazy, yet terrified so I go fight the object of my terror again. Does that mean Priscilla was facing her fears then?

The way I see it is
Priscilla: I'm afraid--> Teresa shows mercy ---> Priscilla get's upset over the insult "come as many times as you want, I'll just strike you down" + her own fanatical beliefs---> Goes after Teresa to finish the fight. I really over generalized the last few points, but I am short on time so I'll have to make this quick as possible.

Priscilla did two things. She chased Teresa down by herself (no support). Released her yoki, which she had up until then never released. I see the word "terrified" more in line with cowardice. Running after the object of one's supposed terror, seems like neither cowardice or being terrified. If Prisicilla was a little afraid of Teresa, fine, but not terrified enough since she confronted Teresa again. See may have been crazy, but terrified? I am still not convinced.

I missed a bunch of points, but I really have to go. I know I missed Gooral's comment, and the part about Prisiclla's awakening, but I'll have to get back to that later. My apologies you two. I do like the discussion though. I'll try to fix any unclear parts of my post later. Have a nice day.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:41   Link #379
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Ahh yes. In the anime, Clare could kill Rigaldo by just awakening her legs. But in the manga, it's something like this.

Spoiler for size:
Viz translated it as "magnificent" instead of "superb" and for once I agree with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Clare's feelings for Raki are beyond sisterly love. If you don't believe it, just read chapter 41.

If they are romantic or not...I'm sure we'll know by the end of the manga.
I have no expectations of any romance here. I wouldn't be surprised if their relationship doesn't grow, hell, I'm voting for one of them dead by the time the manga ends. It is going to be a bitter sweet ending, no doubt about that.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:49   Link #380
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:

Spoiler for size:
OK Thanks So , Clare anime roxx more than Clare Manga if Clare Manga killed Rigaldo with her "almost form" (cuz she's not in Full form )
Closed Thread