AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-23, 23:33   Link #1
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Full Metal Alchemist Dream Carnival [New PS2 Game]

Just letting you guys know that there screen shots of this game out already... it's being developed by Eighting for the PS2... Eighting developed Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen... I'm looking forward to this game... looks crazy...

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0406/game062204a.shtml

it might not be as fast or look as good Gekitou Ninja Taisen for the GameCube... but it's still probably going to be fun for the multiplayer...

I hope that we can get to use Homunculus and Scar... sadly, the screens only show the State Alchemists in action..
Old 2004-06-23, 23:59   Link #2
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

It looks interesting. I'm a big fan of fighting games and I hope this one turns out as decent as their Naruto renditions.
Old 2004-06-24, 12:50   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Without the Sins, IMO, this game doesn't seem very promising. Yeah, it is FMA characters, but the Sins and Scar are just as fun and some more fun than State Alchemists. It'd also be great to have Greed's chimeras but that's asking for too much ^^
Old 2004-06-24, 14:58   Link #4
The Prophet

Well, considering that there are only like, four major State Alchemists that actually seem able to fight(not counting Gran as he kinda got head exploadied, and though this game probably isn't canon not very many people like Gran in the first place) and Al isn't a State Alchemist, I think they'll be able to work the Sins and Scar in as at LEAST unlockables. I mean, whoever heard of a fighting game with just five characters? I'd like to see AT LEAST Scar, the Sins, Izumi, Kimblee, Barry, and possibly Bradley depending on whether or not they decide to use his badass manga incarnation. And considering that fighting games usually have multitudes of characters, I don't think Greed's chimeras would be too much to ask. They could at LEAST give us Dorochet, Roal, and Martel...

And Hughes should be the announcer for at least one stage. I'm serious, though the actual announcement shouldn't be.
Old 2004-06-24, 17:28   Link #5
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I read on gamefaqs... that there are rumored to be over 20 characters in this game... if that's true ... then we'll definitely see more characters like the Homunculus and those chimera...

though... I am questionning the gameplay at this point... it seems it's gonna take a page out of Narutimet Hero for the PS2 by CyberConnect... I was hoping that Eighting was gonna make this game similar to their Naruto games for the GameCube... but I guess that's really the only way to incorporate the alchemy techniques in a 2 on 2 tag fighting game..
Old 2004-06-25, 07:59   Link #6
Palani
///_^

And once again, just like the Naruto games there's gonna be no way that these games will ever be released in the EU, let alone in The Netherlands
Old 2004-06-25, 23:49   Link #7
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

well... they do have import shops online (playasia and national console support)... that's if you want to import a ps2 game... there are always the internet and modchips...
Old 2004-06-26, 12:01   Link #8
Genocide

Unhappy

So sad ....Hmmmmm
They alway come out in japanese
Most of us that don't understand Japanese
Why can't they convert those popular anime game to english
Sigh
Old 2004-08-17, 05:22   Link #9
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Lots of new screenshots here including Riza and Al vs Lust and Gluttony. Beware Gluttony's 'Ultimate Tongue' combo...
Old 2004-08-17, 11:49   Link #10
Teh Dave
z0mg

I demand this game be banned for advocating the beating up of mini-skirt clad teenage girls.

That said, what fighting game DOESN'T advocate that? Looks nay bad indeed, the polycount is a bit low, but if it moves fast enough and is nice and intuitive, who cares?

Can't see it playing better than SSBM though, but it would be nice.
Old 2004-08-18, 14:50   Link #11
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

All of the FMA games will hit the states, guaranteed. Especially if it becomes popular.
Old 2004-08-25, 19:33   Link #12
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

First Impression of the Game

Well... I just got the game... and I find that the game is very super smash brothers like... with the jumping all over the place.... but the gameplay is pretty fun... almost all the level objects (like crates, barrels, rocks, etc.) can be transmuted by an alchemist... even scar can convert a crate into a trap to hold down an opponent... the alchemy plays a good role in the game as it prevents supers from even taking place if you grab the opponent before their super executes...

Graphics: 8/10
Could have been better... but the cel-shaded look gives it the anime feel... the graphics are reminiscent of Eighting's Naruto games for the GameCube... not better than the Naruto games for sure in terms of the graphics...

Gameplay: 7.5/10
It is a lot of jumping and alchemy tricks plus mashing out combos... I will be honest... the gameplay score is not higher cuz I have not learned all the commands yet... I managed to grasp the idea of the game pretty easily though... with [] and X being the primary attack buttons... O being the alchemy/special technique button... /\ being the jump button... the L shoulder buttons tell your computer partner what to do (I can't understand anything they say though)... and the R shoulder buttons serve as the block button and (while holding either R1/R2 down and pressing O) to activate either the super or mini-super attacks... also... the way supers are dealt with is pretty interesting... everyone can basically cast their super at the same time... and the screen will split accordingly... if only one person does a super... then the action cuts to a little window in the corner of the screen while you see the character perfoming the super do their little grandiose super animation....

There are multiple planes of battle in this game (like Narutimet Hero) ... and if you press either up or down with x during or after a combo you can knock the opponent to a different plane... also... the levels themselves can be totaled by massive transmutations... for example, a bridge can turn into a bunch of arrows.... there are hazards... the train level... if you get knocked off the plane of battle.... you will be on the tracks... and you have to repeatedly press X to get back on... in the meanwhile everyone is battling it out....

Controls: 8/10
Pretty simple controls... can get akward sometimes when you want to start fighting the guy behind you... sometimes you just walk back instead of turning around... little things like that are hardly noticeable during the carnage....

About the characters.... there doesn't seem to be a huge selection of characters to choose from at the beginning... Edward, Alphonse, Lust, Gluttony, Scar, Hughes, Mustang, Hawkeye, and Winry are the initial characters you see.... after some play in story mode and in arcade mode... I have seen Greed, Izumi, and the Fuhrer.... the Fuhrer is the last boss in story mode... and he fights by himself with two swords... Hughes is a pretty funny character... his special and most of his projectile attacks consist of pictures of his little girl... .... anyways... there is a small possiblilty that Wrath is in this game... though I can't confirm that yet... no chimeras... and no bomb alchemist guy...

Overall: 8.5/10 ... since it's four players! (with a multi-tap of course)

Hope that was good for a first impression... there are others who have this game as well... and have discussed some stuff in the Gamefaqs forums...
Old 2004-08-25, 20:16   Link #13
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I knew they'd somehow snake Winry in there... Wth...
Old 2004-08-25, 21:57   Link #14
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Yeah... Winry fights with a huge wrench... and her O button attacks consist of bombs/exploding traps... her super is kinda weird.... she "summons" this Ed robot tank that shoots rockets at your opponents then explodes and damages anyone in the blast radius... I think she's a useless character.... they should have added all the Sins....