AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-05, 16:41   Link #521
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSeeker25 View Post
If clare was the reason why priss huged raki for the smell, then why isnt she hugging clare for the same reason?

I wouldnt mind some yuri scene's err I mean daughter and mother quality breast feeding time xD
Priscilla isn`t inclined to that sort of thing, however if Clare was human and younger. Oh well, Ophelia should be the one to explain what Priscilla often likes to do.

Now, serious...Rest assured, some of them are saphic. Its not like the Author hid the fact either.
Old 2010-02-05, 18:09   Link #522
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Are we all forgetting that Priscilla was in child-like state of mind when she met Raki? She is going to act differently around Clare now that she returned her adult self.
Old 2010-02-05, 18:53   Link #523
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Are we all forgetting that Priscilla was in child-like state of mind when she met Raki? She is going to act differently around Clare now that she returned her adult self.
She does seem to have a spilt personality, one thats child like and the other a ruthless killer.
Old 2010-02-05, 19:36   Link #524
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one
Now, serious...Rest assured, some of them are saphic. Its not like the Author hid the fact either.
What does "saphic" mean? Can't seem to find a meaning

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-02-05 at 20:02.
Old 2010-02-05, 19:39   Link #525
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
She does seem to have a spilt personality, one thats child like and the other a ruthless killer.
It's not a split personality. It's the same person, just two different mind sets. Besides, she probably won't revert back to a child-like mind again.
Old 2010-02-05, 20:01   Link #526
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's not a split personality. It's the same person, just two different mind sets. Besides, she probably won't revert back to a child-like mind again.
Mmmm.....I don't know. That's hard to say really, depends on what happens in the next few chapters.

I think it's possible we'll see some sort of "middle-ground" soon; where we will see her, in her mature body, but with a personality that's more like a matured version of what she was like as a human. In other words, I doubt we will see only the beast.
Old 2010-02-06, 05:29   Link #527
TsumeBlue
Silver-Eyed Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What does "saphic" mean? Can't seem to find a meaning

I think Defiled one meant Sapphic. As in referring to Sapphos. Just type it into Wikipedia and you'll get it.
Old 2010-02-06, 05:51   Link #528
Nixl

Was anyone able to see the 2/5 Bang program that Yagi supposedly appeared in?

Edit: I believed Yagi was suppose to make an interview, could be wrong.
Old 2010-02-06, 06:04   Link #529
gxy1069

here we go

darn it, i agree with a specific somebody, this is excruciating for me, ending the chapter in super climax mode. the real fight is about begin, and after this, i bet we're gonna a lot of fun with the organization. if it ends after this...(grabs knife and kills myself)<.>

anyways, i hope no one dies here, that would just be overly depressing even for a dark fantasy manga. Great action, though, with the rafaela/luciela merged statue thingy+priscilla+clare...here we go!
Old 2010-02-06, 06:17   Link #530
Dedrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Why was Clare not able to awaken?
I see four possibilities:
1 Clare stopped herself
2 Teresa's side of Clare stopped her
3 Clare is unable to awaken
4 Rafaela's side of Clare stopped her

First let me clarify something. The way I see it is, Clare has three personalities, not three souls inside of her. This means that Teresa is dead and she is not coming back. We know that Yomas are able to take its victims memory and emotions. This was proven at the beginning of the manga with Raki's brother. Since memory transfer is possible Clare might have inherited Teresa's memory from Teresa's Yoma. From the information we have, we can assume that Teresa's head was implanted in Clare. This means that Teresa's brain with all her memories is in Clare.

Back to Clare not been able to awaken.

Clare stopped herself
The first possibility is that Clare stopped herself. I think this is very unlikely. Fist of all it was Clare that wanted to awaken, sopping herself does not make much sense. This also implies that Clare lost control of herself by doing something she did not want to do.

Teresa's side of Clare stopped her
Teresa's side of Clare/Teresa's personality in Clare took control over Clare's own personality and stopped Clare from awakening. This theory is interesting by it has many unknowns. Fist unknown is, how strong is Teresa's influence on Clare. Yoma's are able to take its victims memory, but does the victim have to be alive? We don't know. It also took Clare a period of time to gain some of Teresa's power. This implies that Teresa's influence on Clare is weak. In the past Clare was unable to stop herself from awakening. During those times she had Teresa's influence, but could not stop herself from awakening. So what changed?

Clare is unable to awaken.
This is a real possibility, but I don't like it. First of all I want Clare to fully awaken. It would also mean that Clare is no longer a monster, just a powerful human.

Rafaela's influence on Clare stopped Clare.
This one make more sense to me. The difference between the last time Clare awakened in the North and now is Rafaela. Rafaela was a master at soul link. She spent years thinking on her perceived failure to pull her sister back. And last but not least she gave Clare all of her memory/knowledge. Like I said before, Clare potentially has three personalities; hers, Teresa's and Rafaela's. This is the second time Clare escaped form been taken over without any help. The first time was when she emerged out of Racilia. We attributed this to Clare's willpower, but it might have been Rafaela's influence that made it possible. Clare always had willpower, so what changed?
So why would Rafaela want to stop Clare? Fist of all it is Clare that want to stop herself. It sound like I'm contradicting myself, but Clare has to deal with Rafaela and Teresa's influence on her, just like the Yoma that eat Raki's brother had to cry for Raki when is was about to kill and eat Raki.
Rafaela told Clare she was making a big mistake. We don't know what that mistake was but many assumed that is was Clare quest for revenge that was her big mistake. If this is true, then Rafaela's side of Clare could have been awakened when Clare went all out against Priscilla. with her knowledge of soul like she was able to pull Clare back.
When I say Rafaela, I really mean Clare (Its only one person). Confusing? I know.
I'm thinking that Clare couldn't awaken due to the fact that she's partial awaken. Rubel did mention something about partial awakens, how it should not be known to the organization, (chp84) potential basis for controlling awakens i think. Also there was once during the first fight with an awaken being that galatea thought that deneve awaken when she tried to heal herself from a vital wound, however ended up becoming human again (chp30).
Old 2010-02-06, 08:31   Link #531
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
How so? You honestly expect either Claire or Priscilla to die?

A dark twist would be Claire fully awakening, but I can't see that happening either, no matter how likely it is now.

It WOULD be nice though to see what Claire would look like as an AB...but with this block, I can't see that happening anymore. Maybe she'll
change when and if she fights Raki.
Raki??? now that really is a random, what makes u think that will happen? yes, i agree with mr bad writing somewhat, but the resolution can be with a draw or one dying, though both calling quits would be a serious conflict to priscilla's nature and clare's resolve. so i guess both of u have a point.

p.s. if you cant see her fully awakening, i can. and then some.
Old 2010-02-06, 08:39   Link #532
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
the most likely development would be a transformation in priscilla, so that the fight gets a premature end. the power level gap is too gigantic to be overcome within one fight.
hmm...that is a possibility indeed, though not the likeliest if you look closely at claymore genre:dark fantasy. also, priscilla did state she wanted to kill clare, and clare harbors a lot of hatred for priscilla. therefore, i think it wont end prematurely. this is going to be a real fight.(kinda)

p.s. wait...u tink clare's gonna die?
Old 2010-02-06, 09:24   Link #533
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedrick View Post
I'm thinking that Clare couldn't awaken due to the fact that she's partial awaken. Rubel did mention something about partial awakens, how it should not be known to the organization, (chp84) potential basis for controlling awakens i think. Also there was once during the first fight with an awaken being that galatea thought that deneve awaken when she tried to heal herself from a vital wound, however ended up becoming human again (chp30).
You could be right that she became somehow imune against awakening over time.
But she could awaken when she was at pieta. The only difference between pieta-clare and clare now is training and rafaella.
Old 2010-02-06, 09:38   Link #534
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
You could be right that she became somehow imune against awakening over time.
But she could awaken when she was at pieta. The only difference between pieta-clare and clare now is training and rafaella.
hmm...i wonder. but if she cant awaken...priscilla will probably win.crap.
Old 2010-02-06, 10:23   Link #535
Weils

Unrelated to chapter, but since it was mentioned on the colour page of the chapter itself, thought I would place it here than go create a new thread on it. Screenshots of Sakiyomi Jump BANG! Claymore special on February 5th 2010. Unfortunately Norihiro Yagi did not participate on the show. I haven't actually watched the show, thanks to stream maintenance, now waiting for a video to pop up on youtube or elsewhere. Screenshots taken from 2ch posters.

Old 2010-02-06, 10:48   Link #536
Gooral
Banned

Thanks Weils. It doesn't look like anything special but maybe I would change my opinion if I actually have seen it (and with English subs preferably).
Old 2010-02-06, 10:56   Link #537
yogi6807

what do you all think about a cloaked miria showing up and giving clare a whack to stop her from awakening?
Old 2010-02-06, 11:59   Link #538
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Aww, you mean he didn't actually show up? or was never planning too?

Either way, without him, I doubt it's worthwhile.

--

Now that I know what Sapphic means(the mispelling threw me off )....yes, I agree that their are probably a good deal of those. Not sure whether or not any of the relationships we've seen so far are or are implied to be(probably will never figure that out), but I think we can assume that their are probably a good number of women like that.
Old 2010-02-06, 13:15   Link #539
chickenlin

wth is this weak smell -.- The yoki or the smell of the flesh? or Both? It probably depends on the competence of priscilla's slit personalities. At first Priscilla became subconsciously attached to Raki due to the warm feeling from the South, aka the smell of Clare. As the infant form of Priscilla matured over time (reminds me of Miata), she led Raki to towns previously visited by Clare like Raki's village. During the fight in the North, Pricilla tends to wonder off on her own. Why didn't she rush towards the battle field? Instead she cries for her comrades on the cliff. The emo Priscilla occupies when 1) When her parents are eaten, she stealthily went behind the yoma and decapitated it, 2) When she kills Teresa, awakens and killed the other two claymore, 3) For a slit second but the devil personality took hold and destroyed half of isley's awakened body, 4) Raki got hit probably while trying to save the villagers, Priscilla probably thought he died. Its probably the fear that no one left can stop her urge to eat guts. FEAR!! Just an assumption. Some how the Devil Priscilla is a better tracker?? Heading towards the twin awaken. It was unfortunate for those who encountered her because she's no longer on a diet. She did mention the weak smell of that "man." Raki probably met that form of Priscilla because she's on the brink of her hunger but managed to suppressed it. It seems like Devil Prscilla gave in and followed Raki due to the reminiscence of that weak smell and hopes to find some answers. I guess when the infant Priscilla was crying on the cliff during the flight in Pieta, she was only feeling sentiment towards fellow Claymore. I bet she didn't know what Claymore is to be thinking "ohh there's a familiar yoki among those Claymores."
Old 2010-02-06, 15:45   Link #540
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Unrelated to chapter, but since it was mentioned on the colour page of the chapter itself, thought I would place it here than go create a new thread on it. Screenshots of Sakiyomi Jump BANG! Claymore special on February 5th 2010. Unfortunately Norihiro Yagi did not participate on the show. I haven't actually watched the show, thanks to stream maintenance, now waiting for a video to pop up on youtube or elsewhere. Screenshots taken from 2ch posters.

Spoiler:
Kind of disappointing after such a big announcement. Was the previous special with the bleach manga author any good?
Closed Thread