Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-12, 13:05   Link #41
GokuJunior

Send a message via MSN to GokuJunior
Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Baten Kaitos (GC)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) (I just want to see if this one's going to have fame)
(new) Zelda (GC)
Suikoden IV (PS2)
KOTOR 2 (XBOX)
Old 2004-08-12, 15:39   Link #42
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCourage
To all you lucky DoW beta testers...Any idea how mod crazy it will be? Just like the tabletop, I would really enjoy updates, even if only small ones...I read up there that there are terminators and assault terminators. Bah...yes, cool and all, but where are my lightning claws! My LIGHTNING CLAWS...surely they were considered. I know Relic is very open with the mod community, but I'm just wondering what feeling comes across when playing the game...think there'll be cool stuff tossed in now and then, there and there? Or do you think even slight tweaks might throw off the precarious balance of four races, should they ever master it.
The game will take a while to balance at this rate,considering the difficulty of balancing goes up exponentially with each race added in past 2.As for mods,well there's a Tyranid mod already underway I believe,and undoubtedly there's going to be an IG mod sometime in the future.

There are Thunder Hammers and Power-fists but no lightning claws I believe

Recent interviews have also suggested that Relic might occasionally release new units for the existing sides in the spirit of TA,but no new races so don't ask please or I smack you .
Old 2004-08-12, 16:05   Link #43
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Send a message via ICQ to KeithCourage Send a message via MSN to KeithCourage
I've read enough of the relic forum now to understand your annoyance with this new race crap. Geezes, even a tyrannid mod...man, that would screw balancing like crazy. Any new race would screw things all up. Worst case we'd have like 8 races (sounds cool) bitching about imbalances...imo it'd be harder than it was to create and balance the TT version (TT players are much less bitchy). Are you entropius in the relic forum? I just saw that nick in a thread. I'll still pray for my lightning claws. My space wolves must have lighting claws. Stupid thunderhammer so much better in the new rules...I miss parrying.
Old 2004-08-12, 16:21   Link #44
Entropy
Flame warrior

Lightning claws wouldn't be so bad,I mean,Horus had some.

What's your name at the Relic forums?Mine's Unknown<ID>,feel free to PM me or somethng anytime
Old 2004-08-12, 16:39   Link #45
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

I just joined, I'm The Fell-Hand, maybe i shall pm you one of these days.

What Race do you normally play?

Do you play TT?

As a SW player, and being versed in the 40k universe, as I read, it disappoints me to see that terms aren't that intimidating, and that choosing other units over it when possible is a common happening. What happened to la crème de la crème? I was expecting a unit cap of maybe one, or at most two squads. What's this about breaking and running away? lol...although i will respect relic's attempts at a balanced game
Old 2004-08-12, 16:45   Link #46
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
I just joined, I'm The Fell-Hand, maybe i shall pm you one of these days.

What Race do you normally play?

Do you play TT?

As a SW player, and being versed in the 40k universe, as I read, it disappoints me to see that terms aren't that intimidating, and that choosing other units over it when possible is a common happening. What happened to la crème de la crème? I was expecting a unit cap of maybe one, or at most two squads. What's this about breaking and running away? lol...although i will respect relic's attempts at a balanced game
A.I'm mainly a chaos player.

B.I can't afford the TT .I really wish I could,but the best thing I can do is read the books and some codices.If I had a choice though I'd play IG.Blame it on my lack of a job and GW's insane pricing. =\

Terminators are very scary,they can bulldoze through a lot of stuff.Problem is,for some odd reason,they don't have a Terminator sargeant(WTF no Termie sargeant!?),so they can't use rally.Other than that,they're pretty nasty,and you can have more than one of them.
Old 2004-08-13, 11:08   Link #47
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Yeah their pricing is insane...I've stopped for awhile just because everything costs so much ...i'll be back though ...

Hmm, what's with everyone and imperial guard? wouldn't they be kind of bland to paint...? IMO that's half the game...you're in the 40th century painting jungle fighters and tanks...I guess they could be fun to play with, but certainly no chaos or eldar to model.
Old 2004-08-13, 11:13   Link #48
Entropy
Flame warrior

It's entire appeal of the army in general.For some reason I feel an odd attraction to 80 billion guys with lasguns supported by a million tanks .My second choice would be chaos though,Khorne or Undivided .
Old 2004-08-13, 11:42   Link #49
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

You should read the commandments of the Space Marines heheh...

"Thou shalt not use a lasgun as a laser sight for thy bolter" heheh...silly lasguns. I'll enjoy watching my landspeeder cruise by squads of laser pointer armed "normal" people. Can't go wrong with khorne...I still think BT should at least stand a decent chance against Khaine Avatar...from what i hear toe to toe the av comes out with 2/3 health. That's bs, BT is the master of hand to hand.
Old 2004-08-13, 11:49   Link #50
Entropy
Flame warrior

The GW one?

I've read that one actually,and the other variations at that.One of my favorites is the first SOB one.

Quote:
1. Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches," nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.
Old 2004-08-13, 12:18   Link #51
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Lol I like the one "Thou shalt not shout "Thongs for the thong god!""...and i can't remmeber how the rest of it was, you've seen it in the same list as the one you posted.

How about completely neglected units (dow)...are there any units people just don't use?
Old 2004-08-13, 14:06   Link #52
Entropy
Flame warrior

Transports for the SM and Chaos are fairly useless for now .No weapons,very low health,and the fact that most maps are too small to use them effectively means that they are underused.We're talking about ways to improve them though.
Old 2004-08-16, 22:20   Link #53
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:30.
Old 2004-08-16, 22:37   Link #54
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
-"The World" MMORPG??? (dont know guys, lots of rumors floating around.I myself have found out some Pretty interesting Stuff)
"The World" MMORPG? As in the fictional game in the .hack series? If yes can you post some links?
Old 2004-08-16, 23:08   Link #55
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:28.
Old 2004-08-16, 23:49   Link #56
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

Phantom Brave
Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga(yeah kinda funny that the first 3 games im waiting for are Atlus stuff)
AC Nexus
King Of Fighters 2k2/2k3 double pack
Starcraft Ghost(when is this shit coming out!?!?!)
Old 2004-08-17, 00:48   Link #57
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAl
Starcraft Ghost(when is this shit coming out!?!?!)

Bet you it becomes the new Daikatana
Old 2004-08-19, 02:43   Link #58
FireBorn

Glad there are other Star Ocean fans out there. That game is awesome

Definetly Star Ocean 3. I can't wait for it to come out

But the Star Ocean Ex season 2 is what I really want...
Old 2004-08-19, 11:05   Link #59
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Haha Ex season two would be fun to watch, the first season at least did the first game relative justice. Claude-0! hahaha...Sounds doubtful though .
Old 2004-08-19, 13:14   Link #60
Imazul

Quote:
Haha Ex season two would be fun to watch, the first season at least did the first game relative justice. Claude-0! hahaha...Sounds doubtful though .
I dont understand what your saying since Start Ocean EX was based on the first half of the second game
Closed Thread