AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-02-11, 21:43   Link #261
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Then by your reasoning here, Sasuke's not being manipulated... He was also rude to Madara on a few occasions (less than oro because probably he disliked oro more), and even eventually turned on him in the forest after (trying to) directly disobey him and then trying to stab him with a chidori sword. If Sasuke was strong enough to kill Madara, I'm sure he would have during that little scuffle.
and yet he still listens to him and does whatever he says???
Sasuke is disrespectful to everyone he meets, It is important to contrast though how he viewed Oro and how he views Madara.
Sasuke could kill Oro, and he knew what he wanted(his body), Sasuke cant kill Madara and thinks they have the same goals because thats what Madara wants him to think.
The fact that sasuke has his own plans and changes them after speaking to Madara tells you hes being manipulated. Madara said himself he plans on making sasuke sync with the statue. Is that something that Sasuke wants to happen? No but Madara will either explain it in a way to make it desirable to Sasuke or just lie to him.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 23:07   Link #262
Beherit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
wow i really hope sakura dies...despite whatever shes planning
yeah i think the same, at least it would put an end to her stupid act's, and probably make naruto want to kill sasuke...really hope theres no reedem for sasuke, he just as to die(not too soon dont want the manga to end D: ), being used by madara while he think he's the one using him, and going agaisnt his brother will that gave his life for him...sad sad guy. Death to sasuke!!!xD
But im still wondering were the hell cabuto is, and when hes going to apear again ._.''
Beherit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 23:11   Link #263
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I just hope karin lives on
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 23:12   Link #264
Ryuujin

I hope Sakura's got some sort of plan here and isn't just fucking stupid.

But then, this is the same girl who tried to go with Sasuke when he left the village in the first place, so I'm not holding my breath...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 23:28   Link #265
neoeagle

Sakura has really REALLY lost it.ROFL.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 00:48   Link #266
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

At first i was like: WHAT?

But then it was just: Ah, go to hell...

Either way, Sakura will fuck everything. I can't see anything good coming from this, or Sakura, after so much dumb shit she did in the last chapters. In fact, it would be fun if she was telling the truth and really wants to follow Sasuke. At least it would be a bizarre turn of events leading for a fight between her and Naruto... Or not.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 00:59   Link #267
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm eagerly anticipating a fight between Sakura and Hinata now

Gentle fist vs Angry Fist, who will win?!

I money is on Hinata, Sakura is slower and with her chakra holes sealed, her monster strength won't work.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 01:02   Link #268
sayde

I think a new topic should be made which poses the question of whether or not it's too late for Kishi to redeem Sakura's character. Because based on all the negative feedback I'm reading from both Sakura hatters and fans alike, it's kind of hard to imagine how Kishi could have her recover from all this in a way that makes her character at least somewhat appealing again. Hell, I've been a devout Sakura hater ever since the Chuunin exams and even I'm starting to feel bad about what's getting said around here.

And yes, Sakura vs Hinata would be THE #1 most anticipated anime cat-fight of the decade IMO.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-02-12 at 02:38.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 01:20   Link #269
FateAnomaly

I feel so sorry for Karin. Despite being so devoted to Sasuke she was used and then sacrificed like that without hesitation. This truly mark the unforgiveable point to me.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 01:29   Link #270
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

The godlike rule in Naruto is to alvays protect and stand by there teammates. Sasuke broke that rule, and by the words of Uchiha Obito hi is trash.
Old 2010-02-12, 01:38   Link #271
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm eagerly anticipating a fight between Sakura and Hinata now

Gentle fist vs Angry Fist, who will win?!

I money is on Hinata, Sakura is slower and with her chakra holes sealed, her monster strength won't work.
If that fight ever happened, I guess it would be goodbye to all of you, as the resulting wars would completely destroy ZA WARUDO the internet.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 01:47   Link #272
NoLongerSane

The interesting thing is that Sakura showed potential at the beginning of the time skip. There was a small show of her abilities during the bell test, then her superior healing abilities she learned from Tsunude was showcased as she save Kankuro, then there was the character developement during the Sasori fight. She showed that she placed the team above her feelings as she was about to attack Sasuke after their failed meeting at Orochimaru's place.

Then she was placed on the back burner as Shikamaru and his team were given the spotlight as they went to avenge their teacher's death. Then Naruto was given the spotlight again with his sage training. In truth, the only thing that Sakura has done currently was taking out a summon insect from Pain only to be crying out for Naruto to save the village moments later. Then we saw a regression in maturity/character as she was left crying via accusations of Sasuke joining Akustki and capturing Killerbee. Then we have Sai playing the reality check by telling Sakura what she has been doing to Naruto. This leads to the current event of having her lying to Naruto about what the village has decided to do with Sasuke, then comes up with her "confession" in which Naruto sees through. Now she has knock out her teammates by gassing them just to face Sasuke alone, only to either lie to him about joining or is intent on joining and truely betraying her village, her teacher, and her friends for a guy who has fallen greatly into his own darkness.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 02:17   Link #273
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

inb4 Karin replaces Sakura in Naruto's team.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 02:43   Link #274
antjluc

the messed up part is Sakura would beat Karin even if Karin wanted to fight over Sasuke
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 02:46   Link #275
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Sakura could probably defeet Sasuke now

But i am guesing she will talk to him to make sure he realy deserves to die.
Old 2010-02-12, 03:48   Link #276
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
the messed up part is Sakura would beat Karin even if Karin wanted to fight over Sasuke
Wow, that means that Sakura is pretty strong... for a girl...

If you see it like that, I guess Konan is amazing, because she would probably beat Sakura at ease.

Just look at Sakura's face expressions once again...

... hamster jelly
Old 2010-02-12, 10:18   Link #277
clawer123

..If Sakura and Karin will have a catfight, no doubt its exciting,
but it the worth of fighting for Sasuke is being a TOOL for his goals..?
clawer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 10:27   Link #278
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
The interesting thing is that Sakura showed potential at the beginning of the time skip. There was a small show of her abilities during the bell test, then her superior healing abilities she learned from Tsunude was showcased as she save Kankuro, then there was the character developement during the Sasori fight. She showed that she placed the team above her feelings as she was about to attack Sasuke after their failed meeting at Orochimaru's place.

Then she was placed on the back burner as Shikamaru and his team were given the spotlight as they went to avenge their teacher's death. Then Naruto was given the spotlight again with his sage training. In truth, the only thing that Sakura has done currently was taking out a summon insect from Pain only to be crying out for Naruto to save the village moments later. Then we saw a regression in maturity/character as she was left crying via accusations of Sasuke joining Akustki and capturing Killerbee. Then we have Sai playing the reality check by telling Sakura what she has been doing to Naruto. This leads to the current event of having her lying to Naruto about what the village has decided to do with Sasuke, then comes up with her "confession" in which Naruto sees through. Now she has knock out her teammates by gassing them just to face Sasuke alone, only to either lie to him about joining or is intent on joining and truely betraying her village, her teacher, and her friends for a guy who has fallen greatly into his own darkness.
A good summation. My thoughts on Sakura as a character are as follows. In part one I thought Sakura was a total waste as a third member of team seven. When shippuden started I gained new found respect for Kishi as he really improved her quite a bit and I found her growth to be well paced and realistic (relatively speaking). Her team fight against Sasori showed that she had really trained hard to improve herself over those 3 years.

I really thought that she along with Shikimaru were the two best developed characters after the time skip. Now I really just don't get where Kishi is going with this. Obviously she is either truly offering to join sasuke ( i find that unlikely) or she is trying to trick him so that she can try and apprehend, cripple, or kill him. I find none of these to be very interesting to be honest. I really just can't believe this is the best kishi could do. It's his story of course but....*shrugs* I'm just annoyed more than captivated by the plot right now.
Old 2010-02-12, 10:49   Link #279
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Not necessarily, since gaining the MS takes emotional loss from your best friend or equivalent, this can be accomplished a number of ways. But I'd still like to read why you think MS being the result of corruption is absolute, and why it can't be the other way around.
Well MS doesn't actually change behavior in any way. It's not like it possesses you and compels to kill, like say, Kyuubi or Shukaku. Kakashi's not acting differently since he started using MS. Most get MS through the act of killing their best friend, meaning they've already started down a corrupt path. They choose to become corrupt in order to gain MS, they don't become corrupted by MS. Sasuke's growing lust for revenge is corrupting him, not MS, but I do think just the sheer power of it gives him a rush that's making him much more reckless and aggressive.

Quote:
Sasuke already believed having friends and loved ones would slow him down, hence his anti-social behavior. After the situation with Naruto on the roof, Sasuke thought he was being slowed down because of Naruto's spectacular improvements, and he thought himself to be ahead of everyone before. Add the fact that Itachi discarded him and was interested in Naruto, heh... So he left. Orochimaru didn't manipulate Sasuke into leaving, in fact he stated all he would have to do is wait and Sasuke would come to him.
Sasuke was having doubts about his own power after the fight with Naruto, but Oro didn't just stand by and wait. He sent the Sound4 after Sasuke and it was their mocks and promises that eventually pushed Sasuke to go to him.

Sasuke wanted vengeance for the Uchiha. He was going down that path no matter what. I'm not denying that. But Oro and Madara saw that and influenced Sasuke's decisions for their own purposes. That's manipulation. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with controlling someone, or causing them to act against their nature, it means influencing actions to suit your own agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Then we saw a regression in maturity/character as she was left crying via accusations of Sasuke joining Akustki and capturing Killerbee. Then we have Sai playing the reality check by telling Sakura what she has been doing to Naruto. This leads to the current event of having her lying to Naruto about what the village has decided to do with Sasuke, then comes up with her "confession" in which Naruto sees through. Now she has knock out her teammates by gassing them just to face Sasuke alone, only to either lie to him about joining or is intent on joining and truely betraying her village, her teacher, and her friends for a guy who has fallen greatly into his own darkness.
Y'know, it's kind of funny. People didn't seem to have much of problem accepting that Itachi was basically a good guy doing what he thought was right even though he slaughtered his whole clan and joined the worst group of criminals ever known. But Sakura douses her teammates with some sleeping gas and she's committed unforgivable crime.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 10:58   Link #280
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Y'know, it's kind of funny. People didn't seem to have much of problem accepting that Itachi was basically a good guy doing what he thought was right even though he slaughtered his whole clan and joined the worst group of criminals ever known. But Sakura douses her teammates with some sleeping gas and she's committed unforgivable crime.
actually sakura's doing doesnt have a problem at all.....

there's no problem with sakura....

its just that people see this kinda stupid.....

i also dont see sakura doing bad things also....

although i really dont like the way she is planning though... or maybe she would succeed?? you'll never know.....

you know what guys.... I have a feeling that sakura could succeed what she is planning on her mind.....

although if she really wants to go adventure with sasuke... that sakura would be pretty stupid...

you know what guys!!???

I felt like I should rename this chapter to be "STUPIDITY"

what i mean is that.... every character here in this chapter are pretty stupid!
lets see here....

STUPID Kiba - pretty stupid... what the hell is wrong with him?? he knows in the first place that sakura still has those sleeping bombs... and yet he is still angered at Sai.., not with Sakura... and the dumbiest thing of all is that he attacks Sai forgetting about the bombs...

STUPID Lee - Lee is pretty stupid also... with his stupid eyebrows and his stupid face... the same with kiba pretty stupid.. forgetting the sleeping bomb... attacking Sai.. pretty stupid....

STUPID Sai - what a moron... he has forgotten that sakura still has those sleeping bombs and yet he still goes to show off with his stupid skill.... stupid drawing....

STUPID YAMATO - pretty stupid.... isnt there supposed to be a noise when you make a hole on the floor??
didnt he hear something?? he must also have noticed that naruto is gone now because he is a ninja... he should have sensed that....

STUPID SAKURA - pretty stupid on coming with sasuke after all this years(ALthough i have a feeling that she has a plan)

STUPID Naruto - pretty stupid also because he just cant forget sasuke....

STUPID TOBI - pretty stupid because he left sasuke alone knowing that he is pretty wounded

everything is stupid hahaha

oh WAIT!!

there is one.....

AKAMARU!!

akamaru is the smartest of all!!! hahaha

smart dog! stupid kiba.....

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2010-02-12 at 11:25.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion