AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-23, 21:29   Link #321
john_kun
Banned

Yep still reading it.

I started reading this at about 3rd chapter so I have to say I was here from the start.

Pretty entertaining martial arts shounen even though it is very hard to keep up with the plot. All those fire dragons and so on. SO it's nice to get to a community that might give you some answers
Old 2010-02-23, 23:24   Link #322
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
Yep still reading it.

I started reading this at about 3rd chapter so I have to say I was here from the start.

Pretty entertaining martial arts shounen even though it is very hard to keep up with the plot. All those fire dragons and so on. SO it's nice to get to a community that might give you some answers
Well, the names are actually pretty typical in Korean/Chinese. In a lot of Chinese wuxia storyies, people have really cool names, but when you translate them into English, they sound really funny.
Old 2010-02-23, 23:38   Link #323
john_kun
Banned

I was not really talking about names. Just saying that plot is a bit hard to understand at times because there are tons of info that just comes to you in massive amounts. All this heavens riches and all those martial art deals are a bit confusing
Old 2010-02-24, 13:02   Link #324
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Tenjou Tenge's much much worse in that respect. Veritas is what TT would be if it had kept things within the school. ... I love Madoka of course but her vs Maya Natsume....I don't know who to cheer for...I'm torn!
Old 2010-02-24, 15:58   Link #325
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
You know, as cliche as it is, I somehow always like it when the "Big Bad" fights the protagonists(which, in this case is the gang) and, in order to show how elite s/he(the "Big Bad") is, will do something to cause the protagonists to avert their eyes or get distracted. In that instant the "Big Bad" will appear behind the protagonists and speak, in which then the protagonists, their eyes wide open w/o even looking back, understand the absolute level difference between him/her/them and the Big Bad. This HAS to be a TV trope. Does someone know what trope it is?

Last edited by frubam; 2010-02-24 at 16:26.
Old 2010-02-28, 05:54   Link #326
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Tenjou Tenge's much much worse in that respect. Veritas is what TT would be if it had kept things within the school. ... I love Madoka of course but her vs Maya Natsume....I don't know who to cheer for...I'm torn!
Wow that sounds like cool manga to read. Tnx for the advice.

What is TT?

and who is Maya Natsume?
Old 2010-02-28, 08:45   Link #327
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
Wow that sounds like cool manga to read. Tnx for the advice.

What is TT?

and who is Maya Natsume?
Tenjo Tenge is a martial arts + super powers manga taking place in a school setting by mangaka Oh! Great. However, it just gets crazier and weirder as the series goes on, and I seriously have no idea what the story is anymore for the last 20 or so chapters. It has great art, boobs, and fighting, but the story just becomes a cluster****.
Old 2010-02-28, 10:36   Link #328
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahh TT what a god awful thing that has become, well to be honest I didn't much of it to begin with and then it just got worse, just driveled into "WTF" territory much like Air Gear but I did like AG alot to begin with, now I just...dislike it alot(can't really say hate cause it's still got my goddess Simca in it)

Even if TT was to keep within the school and didn't go all wtf, I'd still like Veritas more.

plus Madoka>Maya

@john_kun instead of TT I'd suggest trying AIKI, IMO better than TT, worse than Veritas but I think alot more people prefer Aiki to most other stuff
Old 2010-02-28, 19:00   Link #329
frubam
simp for Lyria

I don't understand why you two are comparing Madoka to Maya when Maya should probably be compared to Vera (>.>).

AIKI is indeed awesome, but the translators no longer are allowing anyone to upload their trans on an online manga site =d(. Still saw up to 61, can't wait for next chap(nope no off-topic discussion here ~(*,*~).
Old 2010-02-28, 19:29   Link #330
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Tenjo Tenge is a martial arts + super powers manga taking place in a school setting by mangaka Oh! Great. However, it just gets crazier and weirder as the series goes on, and I seriously have no idea what the story is anymore for the last 20 or so chapters. It has great art, boobs, and fighting, but the story just becomes a cluster****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ahh TT what a god awful thing that has become, well to be honest I didn't much of it to begin with and then it just got worse, just driveled into "WTF" territory much like Air Gear but I did like AG alot to begin with, now I just...dislike it alot(can't really say hate cause it's still got my goddess Simca in it)

Even if TT was to keep within the school and didn't go all wtf, I'd still like Veritas more.

plus Madoka>Maya

@john_kun instead of TT I'd suggest trying AIKI, IMO better than TT, worse than Veritas but I think alot more people prefer Aiki to most other stuff
O!G basically needs to stop writing his plots and just leave it to someone else. Stick to the art.
Old 2010-02-28, 21:44   Link #331
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't understand why you two are comparing Madoka to Maya when Maya should probably be compared to Vera (>.>).

AIKI is indeed awesome, but the translators no longer are allowing anyone to upload their trans on an online manga site =d(. Still saw up to 61, can't wait for next chap(nope no off-topic discussion here ~(*,*~).
Well it's not a matter of comparing the 2 like they were supposed to be 2 similar characters, it's just comparing 2 favorite characters.
Like comparing Erza from Fairy Tail with Nami from One Piece, hardly anything in common yet I really couldn't choose between the 2.

Well for arguements sake I'd say Vera>Maya, Vera won me over with the Winnie the Pooh pantsu
Old 2010-03-12, 21:14   Link #332
Xion Valkyrie

New chapter out! Epic cliffhanger. Gang always brightens up the scene whenever he makes an entrance. Waiting for the next chapter will be a pain >.>
Old 2010-03-12, 22:37   Link #333
Valerian Mengsk

I like the look on Jeeha's face in the background when Gang immediately charges at FD all by himself.
Old 2010-03-12, 23:58   Link #334
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I quite like Jeeha's thinking about not wanting to be a puppet, while the situation isn't favorable he still holds to his principles.

As usual Gan is good at stirring things up, he's really got a awesome attitude.

and always Brother Honse has a way with words, "Please, have patience, asshole!"

Yuhwa is really quite cute, gotta hand it to the artist, he can sure draw.
Old 2010-03-13, 11:46   Link #335
Cinocard

Quote:
New chapter out! Epic cliffhanger. Gang always brightens up the scene whenever he makes an entrance. Waiting for the next chapter will be a pain >.>
All I can say is that: this is soooooo like him That is why I like his character so much.
Old 2010-03-22, 17:01   Link #336
Xion Valkyrie

Yeah, chapter 70!

Gang is boss. Looks like he's finally close to the level of his peers, and possibly more so.
Old 2010-03-22, 17:05   Link #337
frubam
simp for Lyria

yeah, Gang was def epic! I LOVED the look on FD's face when Gang hit him, and he started bleeding out the mouth(prob another TV trope of some kind), not to mention a little trash talking from Gang XD! The look on Jeeha's face when he started attacking again looked kinda sadistic though(though not any moreso than Gang in a certain respect). Too bad Vera got there before they all could go at it. I don't believe they are all gonna end up in the isolation chamber. Who's Gang gonna hang out with after all?
Old 2010-03-22, 17:08   Link #338
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
yeah, Gang was def epic! I LOVED the look on FD's face when Gang hit him, and he started bleeding out the mouth(prob another TV trope of some kind), not to mention a little trash talking from Gang XD! Too bad Vera got there before they all could go at it. I don't believe they are all gonna end up in the isolation chamber. Who's Gang gonna hang out with after all?
Well, there's still Honse. Anyways, Gang doesn't do well with isolation training, he'll need to find some other people to beat up or get beaten up by to get stronger.
Old 2010-03-22, 17:38   Link #339
frubam
simp for Lyria

Vera was WAY too unreasonable here. What'd she expect, FD to beat the **** out of them w/o fighting back? This is why I just don't like her character too much.

Also, I didin't know Lightning Flash can be used as a ranged attack. I guess that's why its at the end of the skill hierachy list. I wonder if Gang'll start learning the ranged lightning attacks, though I know fighting from a distance is def not his style.
And lol at the 4koma at the end. Are they trying to give out a message?
Quote:
Well, there's still Honse. Anyways, Gang doesn't do well with isolation training, he'll need to find some other people to beat up or get beaten up by to get stronger.
Honse was GREAT at first, heck, he still is, but he's more-or-less outlived his spotlight. Unless he gets his ki potential back somehow. Well, if they really do end up in iso, I guess only Hyumni will be left to fulfill that role.

Last edited by frubam; 2010-03-22 at 20:24.
Old 2010-03-22, 23:19   Link #340
Valerian Mengsk

Or Gang will start pissing off whole groups of people in order to test his AOE (area of effect) attacks
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, martial arts, shounen, supernatural