AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-03-12, 07:51   Link #23741
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
Think about this. Will you do whatever it takes to conduct researches in the name of science, even if it means destroying any opposition hindering your research? I suddenly had an inspiration to write such a fic and I want to make it one of my best but I need your opinions to help me improve my story. Can you guys help out as a community?
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 08:18   Link #23742
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You might want to post that part of the first chapter you send me so that people can get an idea of what they're working with.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 09:20   Link #23743
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

I'll post it when I'm ready. I need to change a few things first.
Old 2010-03-12, 10:02   Link #23744
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
Think about this. Will you do whatever it takes to conduct researches in the name of science, even if it means destroying any opposition hindering your research?
I have to say, it sounds a lot like Jail. And not a few Mad Scientists in fiction. You need something... unique about yours to stand out from the crowd.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 11:12   Link #23745
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
From what I can tell until now, Hayate is putting herself in a similar position as Regius. The greater good needs sometimes things that don't look so good.
Or you want to us to think that she resigned herself to think that way and I'm falling right into it. =]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Barring some future revelation, it sure looks like Hayate is in 'greater good' mode from here. The fact that she seems hell bent on sending an 11 year old to the gallows for what you could make an excellent case was justifiable homicide definitely argues for it at least.

Not to mention I can't quite see her being this bent out of shape if she was planning to somehow turn the mess around at the last second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
So seems Hayate is following in Regius's footsteps, at least right now. Somehow, I have a feeling she'll pull herself out of it, though. Even for the greater good, I can't imagine Hayate willingly sacrificing an eleven-year-old girl for justice... so I have no doubt she'll find a way to get out of making a bad situation unless she can't.
Argh, I cannot comment too much on any of this! Hayate definitely has more up her sleeve than Auris suspects, but at the same time it's not looking good for poor Hayate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I'd better not get too far behind, here!

Spoiler for meep! Wall of text!:
Spoiler for Response to wall of text:
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 11:16   Link #23746
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Argh, I cannot comment too much on any of this! Hayate definitely has more up her sleeve than Auris suspects, but at the same time it's not looking good for poor Hayate...
You tease! You enjoy taunting us with little hints and vague comments, I just know it!

Quote:
Even so, Lutecia's such a good foil for Raven, I can't resist at times .
Oh, Lutecia, what has my ViCia/Shadow series made you into for the rest of the fandom whenever they try to write you now.
Old 2010-03-12, 11:19   Link #23747
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I have to say, it sounds a lot like Jail. And not a few Mad Scientists in fiction. You need something... unique about yours to stand out from the crowd.
I know its cliched but I'm sticking to that idea with a twist in it. Of course, if you have other better ideas, you're free to give suggestions.
Old 2010-03-12, 12:50   Link #23748
Jimmy C

What kind of twist are you planning on? Even those have cliches.
If you have an idea, I might be able to comment on it. Otherwise, I'm not thinking them up for you.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 12:55   Link #23749
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Hmm what a tweest!

When it comes to crazy villain twists, my favorite was Shugo Chara doki doki :P Not sure if that is inspirational for your project, but it is awesome.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 13:12   Link #23750
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
I know its cliched but I'm sticking to that idea with a twist in it. Of course, if you have other better ideas, you're free to give suggestions.
The problem is, we don't have a clue what you plan to do with your fic. Get an idea fleshed out first, plot it out, so you know what happens every step of the way. Write a first chapter (or prologue) and people can start commenting on it. But we don't know what's going through your head right now. All you've got is a barebones idea, which isn't much to go on. All we can do is tell you if it's cliche or not.

A barebones idea is fine, as all fics start from a small thought; and it can be a bit cliche, if it's written well. "Hero fights off the baddies to rescue the damsel in distress being held by the big bad" is a cliche, but you can make a good story out of it.

Once you flesh and plot it out, you can give us a synopsis and a first chapter, and ask if anyone would like to beta read, or take a look at your outline, and make suggestions and such. Don't expect people to jump up right away, but if you focus on your writing, people will come to appreciate it.^^
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 16:16   Link #23751
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
So, if Vivio and Yuuno did the tango...you KNOW her friends would find out during a sleepover...

Spoiler for Sleepover!:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 16:21   Link #23752
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
So, if Vivio and Yuuno did the tango...you KNOW her friends would find out during a sleepover...

Spoiler for Sleepover!:
Syn's dialogue kills me. XD "How big was he?"
Old 2010-03-12, 16:49   Link #23753
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

Spoiler for Sleepover!:
Haha! I'm more amused by how withdrawn little Einhart is the one who asked the boldest question of all.
Old 2010-03-12, 17:25   Link #23754
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Sleepover!:
...LOL!!!! Go Einhart. Syn...*high-fives*

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 19:59   Link #23755
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS book format:

covers:

snapshots:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 01:56   Link #23756
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

Quote:
AlternativeS book format:

covers:

snapshots:
Wow...nicely done Satashi. Did you make that front and back cover yourself?
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 03:18   Link #23757
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So, uh, Satashi? On that back cover... "turned" in "everything she knew is turned around" is misspelled. =X
Old 2010-03-13, 03:33   Link #23758
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
The problem is, we don't have a clue what you plan to do with your fic. Get an idea fleshed out first, plot it out, so you know what happens every step of the way. Write a first chapter (or prologue) and people can start commenting on it. But we don't know what's going through your head right now. All you've got is a barebones idea, which isn't much to go on. All we can do is tell you if it's cliche or not.

A barebones idea is fine, as all fics start from a small thought; and it can be a bit cliche, if it's written well. "Hero fights off the baddies to rescue the damsel in distress being held by the big bad" is a cliche, but you can make a good story out of it.

Once you flesh and plot it out, you can give us a synopsis and a first chapter, and ask if anyone would like to beta read, or take a look at your outline, and make suggestions and such. Don't expect people to jump up right away, but if you focus on your writing, people will come to appreciate it.^^
I see that you guys are willing to help so I have this first chapter posted so you can comment and give suggestions. But listen closely, this is but a prototype so don't go around criticizing me because I have no intention of posting the real thing yet. I accept suggestions because I feel that it may be a bit flawed and some characters are OOC. I love teamwork and nowadays when I write fiction, I don't work alone; I choose to have it proofread and cleaned by someone else before posting. :-)

That said, here's the first chapter.

Spoiler for First chapter: prototype:
Old 2010-03-13, 04:38   Link #23759
mechdra

Finally, my first fic! Please R&R as I might write more in the future.

Spoiler for Fate:

Next up: MGLN+Warmachine, where steam is the cream lol
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 06:00   Link #23760
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
I see that you guys are willing to help so I have this first chapter posted so you can comment and give suggestions. But listen closely, this is but a prototype so don't go around criticizing me because I have no intention of posting the real thing yet. I accept suggestions because I feel that it may be a bit flawed and some characters are OOC. I love teamwork and nowadays when I write fiction, I don't work alone; I choose to have it proofread and cleaned by someone else before posting. :-)

That said, here's the first chapter.

Spoiler for First chapter: prototype:
First of all, I'd like to commend you for actually posting something - unlike a particular person from a few months ago, you're more than willing to offer something and see what the others have to say in terms of areas of improvement and the like.

I can't exactly offer any suggestions as to how to improve it, mainly because I'm more of a crack!author and, at the very most, a really casual fan of anime in general. That said, I'll just give a couple of general comments.

The last time I checked, Gil Graham retired to England after the Book of Darkness incident and, apart from the occasional financial support towards Hayate, did not have anything to do with the TSAB after said incident.

As for Nove, she does seem to be a bit OOC. While she definitely did open up a lot during "Vivid", given her attitude in StrikerS, I would have expected her to have more of a drill instructor attitude while training a large class. Perhaps it's just me who's thinking this, though.

The beginning was a bit of an information-dump. It might be better if you were to trim it down to the main points, and reveal the details in future chapters. That said, I did find the premise of false perception to be interesting - we make decisions based on bounded rationality, which is a result of either limited data or preconceived notions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a rough draft of an Organisational Behavior essay to finish so that I can get it proofed on Monday before tidying it up and submitting it on the 19th...

That's all I have to say for now - Jimmy C and Dezo are much better at reviewing stories than I am, so do pay attention to what they have to say. All the best in your writing endeavors.

[EDIT]

Page claim for being rational while making decisions!

Last edited by OZ7UP; 2010-03-13 at 17:09.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha