AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 16:55   Link #61
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kishi won't be going down that road...the country doesn't need two kings after all, remember? Having a second Hokage would require a second daimyo to keep the balance between civilians and army, and I doubt there can be two of those.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:06   Link #62
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
no... just no...
DANZOU AND THE ELDERS killed the uchiha clan...
Konoha killed the Uchiha clan because they wanted peace, now the genins decided they want to kill Sasuke because they want peace, you see that's the same thing. When they decided that they didn't know of Sasuke's decision about destroying Konoha and killing everybody there, and as we see it was not Sasuke who attacked Sakura but the opposite. With that decision they have repeated the decision of Danzou and the elders, in a smaller scale, and a decision that is more justified considering Sasuke's actions, but we can notice the similarity between the two decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
He should just tell them Sasuke's sob story and what is really going on. Keeping secrets is what caused this mess. Thanks Sakura.
Even if Naruto kills Sasuke (which of course will not happen) he should make it clear to konoha and the world why he had to kill Sasuke and what has konoha done in the past. What i don't like is that Naruto is not more active, he is not taking the initiative. The guy who was always speaking what was on his mind, never lying now begins to keep secret such an important reason, a simple minded guy who begins to care about political consequences if he talks about vilage secrets? WTF?! Not even telling to Sakura or Shikamaru. Or is he thinking that Madara told a lie about Itachi, then how could he ever make any sense of Itachi's speech to him. Right now Naruto is not a "revolutionary" who will change the world as Kishimoto said, but just a genin of his village. And since Kishimoto will somehow make his ideas come true later, i think there's a lot more chapters in this manga, because Kishi didn't change Naruto yet, there's a long way for Naruto to change to the character that Kishimoto said he will become. Despite how strong Naruto already is, mentally he didnt change too much, Kishimoto is keeping his character very much like it was in the beginning.

BTW it was interesting how suddenly Naruto thinks they will both die if they fight and also it seems he knows about Sasuke's exact power level. I wonder if this sudden knowledge is just magically there or it is coming from Itachi in some way.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-03-24 at 17:43.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:06   Link #63
Biggie Smallz
Banned

Simple chapter is simple.
Biggie Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:15   Link #64
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I liked it. A good summary. Won't need a hokage since Tsunade has just woken up. Root is done for. The villages ally. Naruto is finally back on track. We get to see the Genin deliberate. Neji and Tenten grow a pair. Shika's the man. Kiba calls Naruto on his retarded Sasuke kun mania.

It's all I ever wanted for Christmas.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:22   Link #65
Crimson Reaper

This was actually a pretty good chapter. Nothing great but not bad either. Tsunade's back in action and the Alliance is underway. Yeah there's the whole Kisame thing going on now but apart from that I wonder how'll next week will go?
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:38   Link #66
rpy1991

Very surprised Tsunade was alive. Seeing Shizune's tears on the last panel on pg 16, I thought for sure Tsunade was a goner.
Old 2010-03-24, 17:41   Link #67
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

I don't get it.

Did you notice it?

I looked there, twice.

I checked it a third time.

When I was about to believe I were blind drunk, I remembered that I was sober.

Tsunade has her mark on the forehead. That mark that appears only because she stores her chakra right there. You certainly don't want to tell me that she was storing chakra all the time during her recovery. Just what did she do? Did she need that much time for her recovery because she needed to store chakra and pump up her breasts before she could get back to work?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:45   Link #68
james0246

^The fact that she looks young again seems to indicate that, Yes, Tsunade stayed in a coma longer in order to store up some chakra, and reactivate her specialized henge. I've heard of beauty sleep, but this is a little ridiculous...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:50   Link #69
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The fact that she looks young again seems to indicate that, Yes, Tsunade stayed in a coma longer in order to store up some chakra, and reactivate her specialized henge. I've heard of beauty sleep, but this is a little ridiculous...
Yes, it is.
Just when Kakashi was ready. I think he had something similar on his mind. He had to meet his father in the afterworld in order to ensure that he was not guilty of his father's suicide and so on. That's why Kakashi thought he could not become Hokage even if people asked him to. Naruto's case is a similar one with "saving his friend" Sasuke.

Back to topic: She planned it all along. She feigned a coma in order to ruin it for Kakashi in the very last second.

I totally see Kishi behind this.
Well... just write that Naruto is back to normal, make him look stupid over several pages by endlessly repeating his I-am-a-noisy-brat-face.
Let's take everything back to normal, so Tsunade has to be Hokage in order to let Naruto become the sixth Hokage, her successor, so that she can kiss his forehead once again.

In my humble opinion, it was very interesting to see Karin's interpretation of Naruto's chakra. First of all, his chakra is the exact opposite of Sasuke's. That's quite nice and of course he's been pretty altruistic while Sasuke has been rather egoistic in the past and present. Once again, they are at least at the surface similar to Son-Goku and Vegeta.
Son-Goku had his family and friends and fought for them. Vegeta himself described his own way of the Super Saiyan as the desire to be the strongest and so on.

It's also interesting that she smelled the dark chakra of the Kyuubi, but is it the very correct translation that it's the same as Sasuke's or does it simply mean just as dark and sinister?
I think she says "exactly" and that word points out that...

What happened to the other half of Kyuubi's chakra?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
Old 2010-03-24, 17:52   Link #70
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Tsunade has her mark on the forehead. That mark that appears only because she stores her chakra right there. You certainly don't want to tell me that she was storing chakra all the time during her recovery. Just what did she do? Did she need that much time for her recovery because she needed to store chakra and pump up her breasts before she could get back to work?
Did you see Hokuto no Ken? When the main character is almost fatally wounded and barely survives he uses a special tecnique to speed up his recovery. Using that he falls in a death-like state, where not even his heart beats, he concentrates all his power to his recovery to 100%, then after a few days of "death" he suddenly wakes up and is at full power. Maybe Kishimoto just stole the idea
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:53   Link #71
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Okay so Kishi has just confirmed for us that blind, weakened, exhausted Sasuke = healthy, super powered, infinite chakra Naruto. That is way too overpowered, if that is not what Naruto meant then what did he mean that he couldn't beat Sasuke at his current level?

I still think Naruto should tell the genins the truth behind the massacre otherwise they are only getting a 1 sided Sasuke is evil, Konoha is the root of all good look without seeing the whole story. What they need is perspective.

Final thing what did Karin mean when she thought "Its evil! Its exactly like-" Im expecting something linked to the sharingan, tailed beast or Sasuke's evil bestial image.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:55   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kakashi becoming hokage is seriously compromised now, unless Tsunade decides to step out for whatever reason. I don't know if that has been brought up before but what happened in this chapter gave me the crazy idea that Kakashi might take charge of root. They'll need a new leader after all, and it'll be a good way to make Kakashi more important.
Old 2010-03-24, 18:10   Link #73
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Where she will be shoeless, in-between babies, working in a kitchen making dinner for Kakashi...
In this manga...yes. Women in Kishimoto's manga are either lame(Sakura, Ino, etc), MILFs who don't do much(Kurenai, Tsunade, Mizukage), or irrelevant(Tenten, Temari, 90% of the female cast, etc)

The only one who broke the mold was Chiyo. And look what that got old granny.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 18:10   Link #74
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Did you see Hokuto no Ken? When the main character is almost fatally wounded and barely survives he uses a special tecnique to speed up his recovery. Using that he falls in a death-like state, where not even his heart beats, he concentrates all his power to his recovery to 100%, then after a few days of "death" he suddenly wakes up and is at full power. Maybe Kishimoto just stole the idea
Obviously. O_o

He just takes a major thing from another story and makes it some sideline in his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The only one who broke the mold was Chiyo. And look what that got old granny.
Hey, slow down. Chiyo was a GMILF, absolutely.
Old 2010-03-24, 18:31   Link #75
Nite-Wing

LOL Naruto suddenly cant beat sasuke at his current level.
Im astonished, I had no idea Naruto and Sasuke were that weak what with sasuke getting beat by all the kages and then Naruto beating Pein someone who has never lost a battle.
Im amazed,
Kishi again destroys my understanding of travel times or Sasuke's surgery must have been really long.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:17   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Yes, it is.
Just when Kakashi was ready. I think he had something similar on his mind. He had to meet his father in the afterworld in order to ensure that he was not guilty of his father's suicide and so on. That's why Kakashi thought he could not become Hokage even if people asked him to. Naruto's case is a similar one with "saving his friend" Sasuke.

Back to topic: She planned it all along. She feigned a coma in order to ruin it for Kakashi in the very last second.

I totally see Kishi behind this.
Well... just write that Naruto is back to normal, make him look stupid over several pages by endlessly repeating his I-am-a-noisy-brat-face.
Let's take everything back to normal, so Tsunade has to be Hokage in order to let Naruto become the sixth Hokage, her successor, so that she can kiss his forehead once again.

In my humble opinion, it was very interesting to see Karin's interpretation of Naruto's chakra. First of all, his chakra is the exact opposite of Sasuke's. That's quite nice and of course he's been pretty altruistic while Sasuke has been rather egoistic in the past and present. Once again, they are at least at the surface similar to Son-Goku and Vegeta.
Son-Goku had his family and friends and fought for them. Vegeta himself described his own way of the Super Saiyan as the desire to be the strongest and so on.

It's also interesting that she smelled the dark chakra of the Kyuubi, but is it the very correct translation that it's the same as Sasuke's or does it simply mean just as dark and sinister?
I think she says "exactly" and that word points out that...

What happened to the other half of Kyuubi's chakra?
It was killed along with Yondaime when he summoned the shinigami.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:18   Link #77
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The Binktopia translation really cleared up a few things from the spoiler.

Mostly that Naruto tells the rookies he can't defeat Sasuke right now. Why? He won't say, but it probably has something to do with Sasuke's HATRED! The darkness that is consuming Sasuke and is being manipulated by Madara.

Naruto is probably waiting for Kakashi to check on Madara's story about the Uchiha massacre. Then he will tell the rookies. Sasuke is a product of the broken ninja system which created his hatred. Until Naruto can change this system, nothing can defeat Sasuke's hatred.

Sadly, the only thing that will stop Sasuke will be Naruto's Jesus-no-Jutsu powered by all his friends singing kumbaya.
Old 2010-03-24, 19:21   Link #78
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good chapter! We have progress, finally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kakashi becoming hokage is seriously compromised now, unless Tsunade decides to step out for whatever reason. I don't know if that has been brought up before but what happened in this chapter gave me the crazy idea that Kakashi might take charge of root. They'll need a new leader after all, and it'll be a good way to make Kakashi more important.
No more root. Disolve root and integrate it into regular ANBU. It was only around so Danzou can get his jollies in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It was killed along with Yondaime when he summoned the shinigami.
I used to think he sealed it inside Naruto's mom for some crazy reason but when I later re-read I realized that he sealed it inside of himself and died - like the Third did with Orochimaru's "hands."
Old 2010-03-24, 19:29   Link #79
james0246

Did anyone else notice how douchey the Wind Daimyo looked?

Why the hell are the electronics run on batteries? There are power lines, so what use are giant batteries? And, who the hell is Tenga ?

btw, I like how Tenten has an epic line, but Kishimoto doesn't even show her speaking, instead focusing on a long show of the entire group...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-24 at 19:39.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:32   Link #80
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
its because of the 9 tails that she senses.

thats why she said it was just like sasuke(come on, you know she was going to say it) since it was just as dark and evil.

kakashi as the new leader of root would be kinda badass. only because he belongs on the battlefield and everyone needs a black ops team.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion