AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 12:50   Link #6341
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
athena kinda had a refreshemnt and it would be more funny and could bring more development to nagi.... like she saw ultra mature athena and sees that haayte has candy eyes for her...... so she would try to act mode modest like athena (simly change herself) and not remain "angry like hayate mentioned" or childish.... athena was more serious on way younger age...
I find this statement particularly amusing. The closest thing to 'eye candy' that Athena held for Hayate, Nagi has already seen. She's the character known as Hinagiku, and Nagi's already growing in maturity because of it.

Also, why do people still think the debt is about the money? It's become pretty clear that none of the characters see it as such anymore.

Hayate has given his heart and word to protecting Nagi, that's the 'debt' now.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 12:59   Link #6342
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
I find this statement particularly amusing. The closest thing to 'eye candy' that Athena held for Hayate, Nagi has already seen. She's the character known as Hinagiku, and Nagi's already growing in maturity because of it.
I dont think Hinagiku can "match up" to Athena if you know what I mean....thats what zibi was talking about as well
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:08   Link #6343
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I dont think Hinagiku can "match up" to Athena if you know what I mean....thats what zibi was talking about as well
Hayate has openly stared at Hinagiku. She may not think she stands a chance because of lack of physical development, but she clearly does in Hayate's view.

Considering that she definitely does have the type of body a guy would lust over, I think she's just denying that breasts aren't everything.
An unfortunate misconception the current world gives us.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-03-25, 13:24   Link #6344
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post

Also, why do people still think the debt is about the money? It's become pretty clear that none of the characters see it as such anymore.

Hayate has given his heart and word to protecting Nagi, that's the 'debt' now.
well if nagi officialy tells Hayate that she will accept everyone as his girlfriend (Hina,Ayumu ect simply one of them) than she can stay........ but if she acts selfish by acting like Hayate is her object/tool and no one besides her can approach it...... than I hope she will disappear (I mean Athena even thorught holding love feelings for hayate for 10years... for hayates sake of new gained friends and his life as now she backed off)

So if Nagi tells to hayate that he can go out with anyone he wants (has feelings for that person) and its not nessesery her (nagi)... than ok she matured..... but if she stays like she was durring the athen arc. like Ayumu asked nagi if she can go on a date with hayte where nagi instantly did not agree for that...... than she acts like allways and did not mature at all...

as for Hayate and giveing his heart to nagi.....its not becouse its his wish.... but more like he is "too kind" person that cant leave her behind (pity ?).... the same the dept wont allow him to leave too and find a girlfriend

anyway im not a "lolicon" so I prefer other more aged characters... Hina,Ayumu,Maria (offcourse Athena at 1st place but since she disappeared now its over T___T )......

so well for me the "give heart+word to protect" is a curse... he has to donate his whole life to do this... while not allowed to have his own happy life with the person he loved for 10years........ I put all my hope that the story from now on will focus on Hina and Maria

.....according to that spoiler text... it seems that Athena will rather never show up again.... she quit of beign the Hakou chief dirrector (she cutted herself from hayate) and now a former chief will get back to hakou............. anyway I hate Hata now this sick lolicon.... my hopes got crushed for the sake of another flat-loli (like in zeto no tsukaima....)......I dont get it why hata even bothered to bring up the whole Athena.. Royal garden... midas.... if he was going to crush Athenas charkacter just like that..........other girls bring less to the story yet they still are ongoing in the series >__< [goes into corner depressed]

Last edited by zibi88; 2010-03-25 at 13:35.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:43   Link #6345
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
well if nagi officialy tells Hayate that she will accept everyone as his girlfriend (Hina,Ayumu ect simply one of them) than she can stay........ but if she acts selfish by acting like Hayate is her object/tool and no one besides her can approach it...... than I hope she will disappear (I mean Athena even thorught holding love feelings for hayate for 10years... for hayates sake of new gained friends and his life as now she backed off)

So if Nagi tells to hayate that he can go out with anyone he wants (has feelings for that person) and its not nessesery her (nagi)... than ok she matured..... but if she stays like she was durring the athen arc. like Ayumu asked nagi if she can go on a date with hayte where nagi instantly did not agree for that...... than she acts like allways and did not mature at all...
The fact that she's sent Hayate out on dates with two girls that weren't her didn't say this loudly enough for you?

I saw the Ayumu-rejection as Nagi maturing amusingly enough.
Nagi noticed that Hayate likes mature girls, and so when Ayumu acts like a child saying that she wants a date with him (to another girl), she gets her attempt shut down because Nagi realizes that it's not something Hayate would like.

Old 2010-03-25, 14:07   Link #6346
aldw

Quote:
I dont get it why hata even bothered to bring up the whole Athena.. Royal garden... midas.... if he was going to crush Athenas charkacter just like that..........other girls bring less to the story yet they still are ongoing in the series >__< [goes into corner depressed]
I understand the sentiment, having seen Taiga in Toradora and Louise in ZnT it does get tiresome dealing with the flat-chested loli always being the center. The only one I ever considered worthwhile was Shana, and even then Margery was the more interesting character.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:42   Link #6347
mitsuganae

Does anyone remember the rom-com film Two Weeks Notice (starring Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant)? My gut feeling is that this quote from the end of the film would be applicable to Nagi's new financial state:

“When I say I'm poor, I mean we may have to share a helicopter with another family. ”
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:10   Link #6348
Rickketik

I have to say after reading 265, Hayate x Athena is DEFINITELY over! And so is the chance for all the other girls (I feel bad for Hina)

...And all of a sudden, Nagi x Hayate written in stone. We all know that Nagi is very attached to Hayate (not sure if it's 'love' or not) but for the first time and completely out of nowhere, it seems Hayate might look at Nagi in a romantic way.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:35   Link #6349
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
I have to say after reading 265, Hayate x Athena is DEFINITELY over! And so is the chance for all the other girls (I feel bad for Hina)

...And all of a sudden, Nagi x Hayate written in stone. We all know that Nagi is very attached to Hayate (not sure if it's 'love' or not) but for the first time and completely out of nowhere, it seems Hayate might look at Nagi in a romantic way.
It's not over by a long shot, hell by that logic Ayumu should give up but nobody's giving up, period.
Old 2010-03-25, 15:53   Link #6350
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
It's not over by a long shot, hell by that logic Ayumu should give up but nobody's giving up, period.
Ayumu even reinforced that she's going to keep on trying earlier in this arc even.

Old 2010-03-25, 16:41   Link #6351
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

After reading chapter 265, HnG officially went down like 10 or 20 places in my fav manga/anime list.

Now i know.. this will end up with an open ending, so we can all choose wichever girl we want from our freaking imagination, thanks Hata, for once again, showing me that Business is more important than story. I cant belive hayate was saying he loves her and now suddenly they talk in past tense and he just let her go... this was sooo forced *sigh*
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 16:47   Link #6352
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
Now i know.. this will end up with an open ending, so we can all choose wichever girl we want from our freaking imagination, thanks Hata, for once again, showing me that Business is more important than story. I cant belive hayate was saying he loves her and now suddenly they talk in past tense and he just let her go... this was sooo forced *sigh*
What? I'd say the fact that girls are leaving the harem is actually proof that it WILL have a conclusive ending. If it were going to remain open, then none of the girls would be removed from the harem and each would be given their chances.

And please, stop acting so dramatic as if the story has been actually hurt. I'm sure you're an Athena fan, since that's really the only way you'd see it that way. Just as those who hated Athena felt that the story was being hurt by her inclusion. Works both ways, so the fact that the story actually progressed shows that he cares more about the story than worrying about whether a segment of his fan base may or may not be upset.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 17:37   Link #6353
Rickketik

Quote:
No it's over. In this type of genre, when the main character gives up on a girl, then it over. Story wise it might look as if it's not 100% certain, but it is.

I have been reading stuff like this for years, and haven't been surprised that often after this kind of character development. And I don't believe that Hata is the type of Author to surprise me.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 17:40   Link #6354
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What? I'd say the fact that girls are leaving the harem is actually proof that it WILL have a conclusive ending. If it were going to remain open, then none of the girls would be removed from the harem and each would be given their chances.

And please, stop acting so dramatic as if the story has been actually hurt. I'm sure you're an Athena fan, since that's really the only way you'd see it that way. Just as those who hated Athena felt that the story was being hurt by her inclusion. Works both ways, so the fact that the story actually progressed shows that he cares more about the story than worrying about whether a segment of his fan base may or may not be upset.
No. We know nothing. It could end in a harem, nothing we've seen has been conclusive.

Even the most liberal harem manga have female characters who are 100% unviable. Just because Athena's gone doesn't remove the possibility of a harem ending, and it certainly doesn't remove the harem status of this manga thus far.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 18:03   Link #6355
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
???

I dunno about other people, including those in the same ship as me, but this chapter just reinforced my feeling that Hayate and Athena will end up together. To that point that, yes, I am now officially 'all in', to put it in poker terms.
Call.

*prepares to fetch your chips*

The probability of Athena/Hayate in the _main arc_ is essentially nil by now. There is nothing left to be gained and no story to be told here. The reason why Hata could go so all-out with the Athena/Hayate showdown is exactly because she will NOT be part of the main arc anymore. The "Royal Garden" story is told. The two love each other. This is the "happy ending" for this aspect, and this is why Hata spread the cutesy/bittersweet ending over 4 full chapters. It only borrowed the HnG characters, and now it needs to hand them back.

How do we know? The past tense. Not only Athena, but even Hayate is moving on. That wouldn't be necessary if the author wouldn't very consciously _want_ them to move on. Otherwise we could have had the "one day we'll meet again (and love each other)". Instead he's letting Hayate ask himself when (not if) he'll be able to tell someone ELSE genuinely that he loves them. The meta-level strikes again. Hata wants to condition the reader NOT to expect long-range Athena faithfulness. He consciously tags him as "single". That's why.

Quote:
Funny you mention this. Unless I have missed it (or totally don't remember; 250+ chapters is A LOT to memorize lol), for all their pursuit of people other than each other, Nagi and Wataru are still engaged. And no talk of them breaking it up still. XD
Wataru has too many worthy suitors on his end. I'd say that Nagi isn't impossible, but it strikes me as unlikely.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 18:11   Link #6356
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
No. We know nothing. It could end in a harem, nothing we've seen has been conclusive.
Obviously, because if it were conclusive the manga would be finished.

Quote:
Even the most liberal harem manga have female characters who are 100% unviable.
And they still get time with the harem-lead to make their fans happy, and make it seem like they have a chance. Hayate no Gotoku isn't really doing that.

Quote:
Just because Athena's gone doesn't remove the possibility of a harem ending, and it certainly doesn't remove the harem status of this manga thus far.
It might not remove the possibility, but it sure makes it less likely. And who said anything about removing the harem status? I said it makes it less likely to end with a harem, not that he no longer has a harem.
Old 2010-03-25, 19:41   Link #6357
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
No it's over. In this type of genre, when the main character gives up on a girl, then it over. Story wise it might look as if it's not 100% certain, but it is.

I have been reading stuff like this for years, and haven't been surprised that often after this kind of character development. And I don't believe that Hata is the type of Author to surprise me.
If this was more like AkiSora the bad endings would be more palatable, but if it's more towards the Toradora BS then it just goes into the pile of burnable rubbish.
Old 2010-03-25, 20:28   Link #6358
GDB

Quote:
If this was more like AkiSora the bad endings would be more palatable, but if it's more towards the Toradora BS then it just goes into the pile of burnable rubbish.
Yeah, who wants a conclusive story with logical story telling when you can have a main character bang a new girl every couple of chapters?
Old 2010-03-25, 21:11   Link #6359
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Here's 1 spoiler pic, and some text. At least I think they're new..

More will eventually be posted in the MFox Spam Thread once they're found. If not by me, then surely by Ori-tan.

Spoiler for Click:
The spoiler is a fake. At least, the screenshot is. If you look at the corner of the page closely, it says that it's chapter 8 of 'Hayae no Gotoku! Limited!' A special short comic that was contained inside DVD. (the comic is about nothing except Hayate unfortunately sighthing all the girl's naked body) And Hata mentioned in this week's diary that there will be epillogue for Golden Week next week.

God... I hate those fake spoilers...
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 21:26   Link #6360
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah this arc was about the one reason I was absolutely in love with this manga, because the rest of the girls in this series are unbelievably forgettable, as was the most of the series to begin with.

Giving Hayate a real background and emotions that went past his stereotypical oblivious nature was so much more enjoyable, and now that this arc is done and Athena is just going to fucking sulk in Greece, well they should just end the manga.

What's left really? Sure, I rooted for Athena, but that's just the direction the story was going. It didn't feel like I was watching Wheel of Fortune, the guy just felt like he understood himself and had a real purpose. Did he ever even embrace a girl the way he did in this arc? Are they going to address the fact that he doesn't actually love Nagi now, but she loves him or are we going to revert to the same old same old now?

Bah.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen