021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Your stomach contents rushed forth... 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-25, 10:55   Link #21
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Just hope the animation team picked for the final are worthy of it..

Same team that did Sakura+granny vs Sasori plz.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 12:33   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Did Shikamaru just explained the circle-of-life in a unique way to someone who is grieving? That was so cool. No wonder he got away with it.

For the content, Episode 152 was more interesting to me than episode 153 even though the overall animation effort was better in 153. It filled in on the conversation between Naruto and Itachi. I also plucked out a cool screenshots of the heartthrob, Itachi, from it:

Yes, he is smiling!

How far did he anticipate? He might've be somewhere near at Aizen-sama's level of "just as planned" planning-ability at this rate.

Watching the Sasuke flashback about the conversation he was having with Madara, two either-or thoughts passed by... a) Either Sasuke has passed the tipping point of no return where he will obsess about revenge from here on till he perishes as long as he can justify it, b) Or that's exactly according to the plan where Sasuke needs to say all the things Madara needs to hear.

He did say that their group will be the one using Akatsuki and not the other way around before they engaged the rapper dude.

One great thing about Kishi's story is that if the audience have the dots, they will have the means to predict the next possible event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I haven't seen the episode yet, but does she have blonde hair? She's just gotta have blonde hair, else all my Shikimaru's Blonde Harem jokes will be for not...

I say puke green. You may have to adjust the color/contrast to pass that color as blonde which is more "mendoksai" than worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
How could I know the ice is light blue? How could I know about the sunset? I am serious. I have not watched the episode this week. I was confused when people said that Naruto would be surprised about his master's death. I was confused by the episodes. I thought he knew it, the frog returned, Tsunade cried bitterly...
Providing you get the benefit of the doubt who never reads the manga, but has spoiled himself/herself/itself nonetheless by other means, please do not reveal anything without watching the episode first just in case your memories are muddled to the point where you can't discern the difference between manga material and anime anymore. That's a sure-fire way to get yourself banned. You were really lucky the episode already aired when you spouted those info....

As for why you thought the ice was blue, that because the ice is blue in the OP theme which I'm sure you've watched a few times.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:10   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That was nice...when Naruto is on the verge of emo-ness, who comes to the rescue? That's right, it's Iruka and Shikamaru, there's your BFFs Naruto, forget about Sasuke :P I'm surprised there was room for gags at such a depressing moment, but at least they didn't ruin the mood.
152 was also pretty good, Sasuke's hatred for the village is clearly shown...never expected Itachi's death to have such impact on him :O Itachi's conversation with Naruto was also nice, of course it would have to be a flashback, since back then Itachi was still a villain :P
Next ep looks delicious *_*

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-03-25 at 13:42.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:50   Link #24
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

We all agree that Iruka was after the ice cream, don't we?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:52   Link #25
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
We all agree that Iruka was after the ice cream, don't we?
I was thinking the same thing when I watched it! He takes advantage of Naruto's depression to take half his ice cream and then turns it into some emotional symbolic thing so Naruto doesn't get mad at him! lol
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:17   Link #26
Sinn
Pwnage

That itachi smile just made him 10 times more retarded...

There's talking but still a nice episode.
Old 2010-03-25, 14:18   Link #27
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I watched it! He takes advantage of Naruto's depression to take half his ice cream and then turns it into some emotional symbolic thing so Naruto doesn't get mad at him! lol
[Iruka's thoughts]
Oh, it's Naruto and he has ice cream. Oh wait, it seems that he's crying. He might be a little sensitive right now... but he has ice cream. What am I supposed to do? Ah, right.

Iruka: "Jiraiya wouldn't want to see you like this."

[Iruka's thoughts]
Moving in front of him, slowly kneeling down, taking half of the ice cream... Alright! I got it! I got it! I got it! Mmmh, tasty!
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
Old 2010-03-25, 14:22   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Iruka's so naive, that wasn't ice cream, it was just a popsicle, ahahahaah! All jokes aside, I think Shikamaru's words had more of an effect, as did his character background, compared to Iruka's...I got epic bgm during Shika's speech to back it up too~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:27   Link #29
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Iruka's so naive, that wasn't ice cream, it was just a popsicle, ahahahaah! All jokes aside, I think Shikamaru's words had more of an effect, as did his character background, compared to Iruka's...I got epic bgm during Shika's speech to back it up too~
I refuse.
Popsicle is made of water and Suigetsu is made of water, thus the idea of popsicle itself is blasphemy and the punishment is death by firing squad.

You have to get accustomed to ice cream because there's nothing but ice cream in a world ruled by fear and Suigetsu. Drown in your panic sweat, here comes the evil.
Old 2010-03-25, 14:28   Link #30
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Sentimentality is such a Bitch thats how Episode 153 can be summed up . Actually felt bad for Tsunade more than Naruto . Being in such a high position she cant express herself as she would want to . Also Naruto's naive words must have definitely stung like a wasp . Love the visuals and parallels in the Iceloly Drops scene . Nice usage of visual metaphor before before actual tears .

Though that scene where Iruka offered the Iceloly to Naruto had me squealing with laughter for the wrong reasons .
Old 2010-03-25, 15:35   Link #31
slowmotion

people are talking about that decoding girl, but i thought that killer bee's brother's secretary was pretty cute. if i knew how to post a screen shot a would. lol, she kinda reminded me of mirage from the incredibles
slowmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:51   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
people are talking about that decoding girl, but i thought that killer bee's brother's secretary was pretty cute. if i knew how to post a screen shot a would. lol, she kinda reminded me of mirage from the incredibles
Almost all media player is capable of taking screenshot. The level of difficulties depend on which media player you are using. I use Media Player Classic to watch my anime. It takes 2 mouse clicks to take a screenshots. You can also do Ctrl+Print Screen to take any images on the desktop and then paste it on Paint and save it as a image file. Anyway, here is two of her in the below and the Raikage himself.

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 16:19   Link #33
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

ROFLOL It's 106!
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 16:35   Link #34
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
This episode was some nice canon stuff. I hope for the animations to be great.
Old 2010-03-25, 17:12   Link #35
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Great episodes.... i really felt sad and sorry for Naruto after his tears came in the middle of the night...

Though... as quickly as Shikmaru could talk with Naruto to cheer him up... he should've been the Dr. Phil to talk with Sasuke! After that scene with Shika/Naru at Kurenais spot.. Sasuke looks even more retarted actually.

Though.... the moment Shika spoke the words Naruto sensei.... it made me very very excited... to see THAT moment!
Old 2010-03-25, 17:50   Link #36
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

As a non-manga reader who doesn't watch filler...wow it's nice to have Naruto back. Can't wait for the next ep.
Old 2010-03-25, 19:36   Link #37
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Episode 153(aka Dr. Shikamaru Nara Ninja Psychologist episode) was much better than 152. 152 was sadly budget animation. Canon should never have budget animation. Save that for filler.

Shikamaru should have been Naruto's best friend. He still can be Naruto. They could be the next Martin & Lewis. Hopefully Naruto will stop chasing Sasuke....yeah right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I also plucked out a cool screenshots of the heartthrob, Itachi, from it:

Yes, he is smiling!
Ugh! My eyes. Itachi is ugly as sin. He looks like an alien. This is why I mostly skipped through 152 with its bad character designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Kill me, but I think she is cute as hell. You know when she takes those things off she will be a fox. Temari who? And yeah they made her a blonde because that's how Shikamaru rolls with the girls in his life. At least it wasn't pink.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 19:42   Link #38
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Looking back on the memories and reflecting - it's still so hard to believe that Jiraiya is...gone.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:33   Link #39
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Ahh finally we are back to were we needed to be. Anywho, now that I watched these eps, I really think Shika should hookup with Kurenai, I don't care bout the age difference, he should think about the kid and be more than a teacher to him, yeah, thats how the cookie should crumble.

And its not like Kurenai doesn't have the goodies, I mean just take a look at them sexy red puppy eyes:

And when she tells Shikamaru to stop visiting her, shes secretly wanting some company. Ohh I know how these genjutsu-driven MILFs think:

The bottom line is: Hes a man entrusted with Asuma's child and she's a very hot MILF who happens to be lonely and the only one who resembles Asuma's composed and intelligent character is Shikamaru.....uhh...... should anyone even do any math to come up with the result???

Yeah I know Shikamaru may have had a violent encounter with that sexy sand girl but thats all it was. He now has a child to take care of and a sexy MILF who (in the back of her mind) is craving for some attention... ohh yeah, I should be a writer or something..... LOL
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:34   Link #40
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Looking back on the memories and reflecting - it's still so hard to believe that Jiraiya is...gone.
He will live on in our hearts. Kishimoto actually said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Ahh finally we are back to were we needed to be. Anywho, now that I watched these eps, I really think Shika should hookup with Kurenai, I don't care bout the age difference, he should think about the kid and be more than a teacher to him, yeah, thats how the cookie should crumble.

The bottom line is: Hes a man entrusted with Asuma's child and she's a very hot MILF who happens to be lonely and the only one who resembles Asuma's composed and intelligent character is Shikamaru.....uhh...... should anyone even do any math to come up with the result???

Yeah I know Shikamaru may have had a violent encounter with that sexy sand girl but thats all it was. He now has a child to take care of and a sexy MILF who (in the back of her mind) is craving for some attention... ohh yeah, I should be a writer or something..... LOL
It's an interesting situation. Kurenai is 30 and with a kid that's not yours.. But she is a lot hotter than Temari. Asuma all but gave her to Shikamaru. And she seems to be digging Shikamaru's attention and depending on him to be the man now that Asuma is gone. But Temari is 18 and will be just entering her prime. And she is pure as the driven snow. What to do? I'd line up both Temari and Kurenai and have Shiho the code girl wash my laundry and cook dinner.

Honestly, these are the things they should be showing on Naruto. Instead we have one boy chasing after another boy.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion