Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-24, 03:06   Link #61
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yeah
You're probably only getting that impression because... well... DeathSquad did a pretty poor job of translating it overall. (and... well... let's not even TALK about that eye-bleeding subtitle effect on every single line. ) They had "akogare no hito" as "the person you cherish", whereas it's more like "the person you yearn for" (i.e. have a crush on ). There's more, but, uh, this isn't a "bitch about fansubs" thread so I'll stop here.
That may be so, but I also spotted the 'Director: Keiji Goto' credit in there, so you can count on there being some fanservice issues going on.
Old 2004-08-24, 21:19   Link #62
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh gauds. No fanservice, please. That just kills an anime for me when you have things like that in there. If they want fanservice, leave it for the animes that are meant to be uber enchi. Those are the ones where fanservice is about the anime's only saving grace. The ones with good story should be enchi and fanservice free. Otherwise it just kills the show in my book.
Old 2004-08-24, 21:40   Link #63
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
(omitted for emphasis)... enchi... (omitted for emphasis) enchi... (omitted for emphasis)
Ecchi, Etchi, or just H...
Old 2004-08-25, 04:14   Link #64
hooliganj
Team Player

The only other Director's credit I can find for Keiji Gotoh is Kiddy Grade, but his character design work includes Martian Successor Nadesico, Sorcerer Hunters, Hyper Police, Those Who Hunt Elves, Gatekeepers, Real Bout High School, and probably others. None of those shows are bad enough to be considered 'ecchi', but they all have fan service to some degree.
Old 2004-08-26, 12:18   Link #65
Budi

Send a message via ICQ to Budi
Hi minna, I'm a new meat here...

I'm really into shounen-ai/yaoi, and pretty happy to find so many shounen ai series to be released between this year and next year.

Mirage of Blaze OVA (Honoo no Shinkirou ~Minagiwa no Hangyakusha~)

3-part OVA, sequel to Mirage of Blaze TV series(2002), the TV series is already licensed by Media Blasters, but not the OVA:

1st part: 28 July 2004

2nd part: 29 September 2004

3rd part: 26 November 2004

For more info go to:

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/anxtop/lineup/ova/index.html

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/mirage

Mirage of Blaze is based on the popular novel by Mizuna Kuwabara. It have over 30 volumes for over 14 years. This OVA covers the 9th volume of the novel, while the 13 eps TV series covers volume 1-8. There's no sexual content until the 20th volume of the novel, so the TV series and the 3-part OVA is shounen ai and not yaoi.

For more info about the novels/manga, go to:

http://www.aestheticism.com/visitors/manga/Mirage/

I'm hoping that fansub groups will pick the first part soon...

Meine Liebe

Meine Leibe is based on a Konami game based on the same title, it will feature direction by Mashita Kouichi (Noir) and character design Shiba Minako (Noir) based on characters by Kaori Yuki (creator of Angel Sanctuary). The voice cast includes Seki Tomokazu, Koyasu Takehito, and Hoshi Souichirou.

Source: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo

Does anyone have any info about the no of eps?

Sukisho (Suki na Mono wa Suki Dakara Shouganai!!)

Based on a popular BL (Boys Love) game of the same title. The series will start airing in January of 2005.

It's a total all-star seiyuu: Midorikawa Hikaru (Sora), Hoshi Souichirou (Sunao), Koyasu Takehito (Yoru), Yamaguchi Kappei (Ran), Miki Shinichirou (Shinichirou/Minato), Ishida Akira (Nanami), Okiayu Ryoutarou (Kai), Kosugi Jyuurouta (Aizawa), Ueda Yuuji (Soushi/Ume chan), Yuuki Hiro (Chris), Nojima Kenji (Yoshihiro), Kisaichi Atsushi (Gaku), Sakaguchi Daisuke (Hiromu), etc.

The official announcement can be found here (http://www.platinumlabel.jp/etc.html).

http://www.sukisyo.tv/ will be the official site of the series but there's nothing on there yet.

If you want more info on Sukisho, visit this site
(http://sukisho.cjb.net/).

Harudaki/Haru wo Daite Ita

Haru wo Daite Ita OVA is based on the immensely popular and on-going yaoi manga by Youka Nitta (9 volumes so far). It's about (or at least the manga was about) two adult video stars who want to break into the main stream, and by doing so, they decide to try out for a movie about homosexuality. The movie is popular, so it becomes a TV series, and the actors get feelings for each other.

According to site, the first one is being released on February 25, 2005 and the second on April 29, 2005.

Official site - http://www.harudaki.com/

Source : Anime Nation

Well, that's all I know, if anyone have more info, pls feel free to add.

Last edited by Budi; 2004-08-27 at 01:41.
Old 2004-08-26, 18:52   Link #66
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

As a side note to this thread, does anyone know which of the fall/winter season is already licenced? I've seen some of the anime licensors have been perty agreesive lately with pre-licencing certain titles. Heck, Samurai Champloo from last season was already licenced before it was even announced. 0_0 Plus I know a few of the shows from this season are already off limits due to licencing, but I'm not sure which. Anyone know?
Old 2004-08-26, 19:23   Link #67
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budi
Meine Liebe

Meine Leibe is based on a Konami game based on the same title, it will feature direction by Mashita Kouichi (Noir) and character design Shiba Minako (Noir) based on characters by Kaori Yuki (creator of Angel Sanctuary). The voice cast includes Seki Tomokazu, Koyasu Takehito, and Hoshi Souichirou.

Source: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo

Does anyone have any info about the no of eps?

I've been trying to find out more info on this one too; there's precious little English info. I've become a big fan of Mashimo's ("Mashita" is supposedly a common mistranslation from what I've found), and even though this next one is supposedly shounen-ai and based on a video game, neither of which pique my interest, I'm looking forward to it anyway.
Old 2004-08-27, 11:06   Link #68
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
As a side note to this thread, does anyone know which of the fall/winter season is already licenced? I've seen some of the anime licensors have been perty agreesive lately with pre-licencing certain titles. Heck, Samurai Champloo from last season was already licenced before it was even announced. 0_0 Plus I know a few of the shows from this season are already off limits due to licencing, but I'm not sure which. Anyone know?
You can easily count all sequel stuff as off-limits:
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gantz second season
Komugi-chan Z
Kaleido Star OAV (already confirmed licensed)
and the following:
Tactics (already announced)

Other than those, I'd say Gankutsuou (Count of Monte Cristo) is off-limits as well due to being a Gonzo show.
Old 2004-08-27, 11:15   Link #69
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodar
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gantz second season
Komugi-chan Z

Other than those, I'd say Gankutsuou (Count of Monte Cristo) is off-limits as well due to being a Gonzo show.
Gantz Season Two is licensed by ADV along with the First Season.
Bandai hasn't made a peep on Destiny yet... I guess they are busy on putting out that Ultra-Limited Z-Gundam Box. I agree with you, though, that Destiny is as good as licensed--so why do it?
Old 2004-08-27, 14:41   Link #70
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodar
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gantz second season
Komugi-chan Z
and the following:

Also Fantastic Children is licensed by Bandai and Howl's Moving Castle is covered by Disney.

I really like it when companies pre-license a series. They always have the DVDs quicker when they license earlier, and usually these shows get a faster release schedule. Plus, less to watch and more to wait for.
Old 2004-08-27, 16:50   Link #71
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Also Fantastic Children is licensed by Bandai and Howl's Moving Castle is covered by Disney.

I really like it when companies pre-license a series. They always have the DVDs quicker when they license earlier, and usually these shows get a faster release schedule. Plus, less to watch and more to wait for.
Hmm? Where did you get the Howl's Disney coverage? The currently known terms of the Disney-Tokuma Deal doesn't cover Howl last I checked Nausicaa.net. Still, I implore all groups/people who plan to acquire a raw of Howl and fansub it--please don't, it's just bad taste. It'll get here. And I say again, this is only one man's plea--people will do what they will do.
Old 2004-08-27, 18:40   Link #72
Kensuke

Zipang - not much in the official site, yet.
Adapted from manga.

Animenewsnetwork:
Quote:
Japanese Marine Self Defence Force's warship Mirai is somehow transported to 1942, when Japan and the U.S. were at war with each other. If Mirai contacts the then Japan's Navy, it means the history would change. How would history be changed...
Old 2004-08-27, 20:22   Link #73
Kashun

OMG *over thrilled* god so happy :P so many sexy new anime is coming out XDDDD i am personally looking forward to all the sexy bishoujo anime (god i am a guy so i had bishounen anime as vice versa if i was a girl i would hate bishoujo anime too lol) this is gonna b a good season cuz... lately... starting last year december; all the anime that came out wasnt the best in other words THEY SUCKED best i seen lately was probably dears and girls bravo and elfen lied rest was rather... a time killer, not excited to watch the latest eps but after hearing this it seriously changed my mood. i was about to lose interest in anime :S hurray for games turning to anime *yay* now i got tons of stuff to watch... just a matter of time :P
Old 2004-08-27, 22:34   Link #74
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Explain this one for me a bit. I'm confused by this. How does this automatically mean it's licenced if it's produced by Gonzo studios? Does the US branch get automatic rights to it or something? I'm really not sure how that works to assume it's licenced automatically before it's released given it's not licenced stateside yet.
Old 2004-08-28, 00:50   Link #75
wao
OK.

I think he is making more of an assumption; there isn't concrete proof (I think) but Gonzo shows tend to be quite in demand, and Gonzo seems to not mind negotiating with US companies. What's more it's getting hyped up, it's got Mahiro Maeda, it's got a new style of animation, and it's also based on a Western classic. Even the music's by an American person. (Or was it British?) I'm surprised it isn't already licensed, really...
Old 2004-08-28, 01:16   Link #76
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Hmm? Where did you get the Howl's Disney coverage? The currently known terms of the Disney-Tokuma Deal doesn't cover Howl last I checked Nausicaa.net. Still, I implore all groups/people who plan to acquire a raw of Howl and fansub it--please don't, it's just bad taste. It'll get here. And I say again, this is only one man's plea--people will do what they will do.
AFAIK, Disney got other Ghibli titles that were not explicitly written in the original deal. The deal have changed over time, and not necessarily been made public.
Even if Disney don't have it, it would be off-limits because the forthcoming dvd will certainly have english subs anyway.
Old 2004-08-28, 01:26   Link #77
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Explain this one for me a bit. I'm confused by this. How does this automatically mean it's licenced if it's produced by Gonzo studios? Does the US branch get automatic rights to it or something? I'm really not sure how that works to assume it's licenced automatically before it's released given it's not licenced stateside yet.
I say off-limits rather than licensed, because it is pretty much certain that it will be licensed rather fast. Someone else already covered some reasons why it will be. And how many recent Gonzo do you know about that is not licensed yet?

In other words, I'm just saying this based on likelyhood, and it's just my opinion.

If someone does fansub it, I really hope that only someone who can do the show justice does it... I already mentioned that in a separate thread about this show.
Old 2004-08-28, 18:13   Link #78
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

That's perty interesting to know that Gonzo can get its series licenced so fast. That's just too uber cool. Of course that's only uber cool if they are actually good quality anime.
Old 2004-08-29, 01:24   Link #79
Rasengan_User

Mai Hime opinions

i have a question for you guys? What is your opinion on Mai Hime? will it be good, bad, or what? And also, does anyone know when it will release its first episode. i have been waiting for quite awhile since the first promo came out

personally, i think it has some prospects...adding the magic or whatever element to it seems nice i guess. prob has some romance in it judging by the clips. It would be awesome if it has comedy....sorry if this is a repost

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-29 at 01:33. Reason: Merged
Old 2004-08-29, 01:32   Link #80
hooliganj
Team Player

I'm still waiting for a new Gate Keepers series. While they were working on 21, all sorts of crazy rumors were floating around about future projects, but nothing's manifested since then.

In the meantime, Bakaretsu Tenshi is disappointing, but Gankutsuou looks pretty cool.
Closed Thread