Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-25, 23:10   Link #181
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Oh, and anyone else caught the error that Oda made with Blackbeard? All his teeth are intact in one panel!
Blackbeard teeth been looking different everytime he appears. I don't think is an error, more than probably is done purposely.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2010-03-25, 23:26   Link #182
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I can't wait for next chapter.... Will Shanks die too??? Or he maybe kill Blackbeard and running away?? This is really the beginning of new era
Old 2010-03-25, 23:50   Link #183
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Kizaru, slacking off again. Did he "allow" Law to "escape."

Was he the one telling them to hurry up and get out of there?
Or it could be that if he tried to stop them, he'd get wtfpwned by Ben Beckham. Somehow. Well, maybe not exactly wtfpwned, but he'd leave himself open to a strike by Ben which would probably be devastating and thus not worth the risk.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-03-25, 23:52   Link #184
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Kizaru, slacking off again. Did he "allow" Law to "escape."

Was he the one telling them to hurry up and get out of there?
He didn't allow it at all. Ben Beckman would have shot him with his magic, Logia-killing pistol had he made a move. The one saying "Hurry inside!" is the penguin hat guy just below Bepo in the panel.
Old 2010-03-26, 08:45   Link #185
Paraden1989

i believe Coby possess the ability to use Mantra because he was saying the voices inside his head were dissappearing. it was very similar to Aisa in skypiea
Old 2010-03-26, 10:22   Link #186
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
Thinking back to when we first saw Coby, he was a cry-baby, always shaken of fear. There is some what resemblance to Aisa's behavior, so if it is the same ability, is kind of explains Coby earlier behaviors. On the other hand, the difference that I think should be considered, is that Coby never mentioned those voices before, and Aisa was born with it. Thus, makes me believe its not the same ability.

Personally, I hope its just a metaphorical speaking reflecting his mind state at that time, since I like it more for Coby to be the hard worker who climbs the ladder of powers, with his hard work only. No fruits, no special ability, nothing. Just serious hard working. But you never know how Oda work it, he is Satan after all .
Old 2010-03-26, 10:31   Link #187
james0246

^The only way to know, eould eb to check the various translations, or to ask someone like Aohige if Oda was trying to imply something similar to the various other characters that have heard "voices" in the past...
Old 2010-03-26, 11:28   Link #188
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The only way to know, eould eb to check the various translations, or to ask someone like Aohige if Oda was trying to imply something similar to the various other characters that have heard "voices" in the past...
Or Oda can simply make his words ambiguous so that all we can do is speculate. Back at Jaya when Nami asked Luffy and Zoro who Blackbeard was, they replied saying "it's not he; probably they". That could mean Luffy and Zoro knew that Doc Q and Burgess were Blackbeard's companions, or that they saw something deeper inside of him. In other words, at times it's hard to know exactly what Oda was trying to imply. Coby hearing voices doesn't necessarily have to be linked to mantra, it could be something else entirely. Or perhaps some are reading to deep into that scene.
Old 2010-03-26, 12:03   Link #189
Prestige

There is a popular theory that Mantra is actually a form of Haki or atleast have close resemble with it.

Mantra allows you to have almost psychic link with others and it also allows you to predict others actions. Skypiea had several mantra users, Enel, Aisa and High priests were all capable of using mantra, in Kuja island Hancock sisters also seemed to have mantra ability, or they atleast had ability to predict Luffys incoming actions. If sisters did not have mantra then atleast their 'haki' is very similar with mantra mechanics.

I think it would fit for Coby to have a mantra, its an intresting ability that has not really shown after Skypiea and its really powerful tool in combat, giving a great edge on battles when you can predict opponents actions before he even starts his attacks, only thing is needed is to have power to counter them and ability to stay focused and not panic.

Coby can be very formidable fighter if he is able to master both Rokushiki and Mantra techiniques.
Old 2010-03-26, 14:54   Link #190
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

....where are the schubukai?

More importantly, this is another reason why Oda gets man-points from me:
Spoiler for Oda's wife cosplaying Nami =O:
Old 2010-03-26, 15:28   Link #191
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Why didn't Ben Beckman just shoot Kizaru? Killing him would be favorable for all pirates.
Old 2010-03-26, 15:47   Link #192
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why didn't Ben Beckman just shoot Kizaru? Killing him would be favorable for all pirates.
Shanks is here to STOP this war, I dont think Sengoku and marines would listen him if he would have his first mate to kill off one of admirals.

Sengoku and Shanks are only people who can stop this war now, if Shanks can make Sengoku to see how stupid this battle is he can stop his marines and pirates can flee for now. Marines have afterall completed their prime objectives of this war but with a terrible cost though.

Blackbeard will most likely aim for maximum carnage and attempt to cause as much as destruction to both sides, but I guess it would be bad if marines and admirals would start to focus on him solely so I think he might pull back for now, Blackbeard is afterall the ultimate victor of this war and he will be quite unstoppable at the New World.
Old 2010-03-26, 16:02   Link #193
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Shanks is here to STOP this war, I dont think Sengoku and marines would listen him if he would have his first mate to kill off one of admirals.

Sengoku and Shanks are only people who can stop this war now, if Shanks can make Sengoku to see how stupid this battle is he can stop his marines and pirates can flee for now. Marines have afterall completed their prime objectives of this war but with a terrible cost though.

Blackbeard will most likely aim for maximum carnage and attempt to cause as much as destruction to both sides, but I guess it would be bad if marines and admirals would start to focus on him solely so I think he might pull back for now, Blackbeard is afterall the ultimate victor of this war and he will be quite unstoppable at the New World.
I think it's gonna be less "make him see how stupid this fighting is" and more like "if you don't stop fighting then you're gonna mess with the red-hair"... The marines have taken plenty of damage from Whitebeard and likely don't have enough to take on shanks aswell; and blackbeard only makes things more problematic

Though granted, Shanks might view blackbeard as a different matter; not just in how he views blackbeard personally, but also the fact that blackbeard is the one who is on the offensive... kinda like shanks is gonna be gunning for who ever is trying to keep the fight going... though for personal reasons he may want to take a shot a blackbeard anyway. THIS could be what would push Blackbeard into making a retreat as not only will the marines give him their undivided attention, but shanks as well will be coming after him
Old 2010-03-26, 16:26   Link #194
Xacual

If Shanks can allow the WB pirates + Luffy's group to withdraw, I doubt Blackbeard would hang around since that would allow the 3 admirals to move back to take his group on. Right now he is only fighting marines + Garp and Sengoku.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-03-26, 16:36   Link #195
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

That is what you can call a WIFE
Old 2010-03-26, 23:52   Link #196
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
It could be that Kizaru's not as open as it looks. Or to use an example, it would go something like this. If Kizaru tries to go after Luffy or such, he'll create an opening allowing Ben to kill Kizaru. If he doesn't move and watches Ben and basically stays on the defensive, maybe he'll be able to dodge the attack, or tank it, or something else. It's basically a statemate of sorts. Kizaru doesn't have any openings so Ben wouldn't be able to absolutely take him down, but the moment he does something he'll be open.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-03-27, 00:06   Link #197
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

I expected nothing less.
Old 2010-03-27, 02:10   Link #198
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
It could be that Kizaru's not as open as it looks. Or to use an example, it would go something like this. If Kizaru tries to go after Luffy or such, he'll create an opening allowing Ben to kill Kizaru. If he doesn't move and watches Ben and basically stays on the defensive, maybe he'll be able to dodge the attack, or tank it, or something else. It's basically a statemate of sorts. Kizaru doesn't have any openings so Ben wouldn't be able to absolutely take him down, but the moment he does something he'll be open.
Or Ben could just be that much of a badass that he is on a level of an logia admiral and even if Kizaru was on offense or defense, or would run after Luffy, Ben would most likely have a way too instantly stop him at his shoes if needed.

It just goes by saying that Kizaru did stop and that shows that Kizaru was very aware that he could not do nothing except stop, put your hands up and dont move, since the guy who told him too stop was someone too watch out for and not mess with unless you want a hole in your head.
Old 2010-03-27, 04:15   Link #199
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Or shank's could be stronger than the admirals. White beard appeared to be on the surface, given that shanks is Yonkou its hard to get a good measure.
Old 2010-03-27, 04:23   Link #200
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Ah but the Whitebeard Pirates are indeed a political entity. They have an organized structure of command and control some territory. Furthermore, there was a declaration of war, when Ace was captured.

Thus, by your own definition, this whole episode was a war.
I really don't want to get to far into a pretty meaningless discussion, my comment was originally just lamenting on the fact to kind of treat this as the type of major wars (not some of the more minor ones), is dumb. I view it as a battle more than anything else.

Whitebeard pirates = Gang. This is more like a war between the mafia and the government, then a war. Regardless of the fact white beard controls territorial waters he's not a sovereign entity. Sure he has an organization (his pirate crew), but that isn't the same thing as being a country.