AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-28, 02:53   Link #221
Kouji
StrykerX

Is it me, or does INANE seem to be the only one doing the manga translation each week. Because before it used to be INANE and then BakaFish.

EDIT
The more Sasuke tempers with Naruto, the more he's gonna ask for it in the end. Can't wait to see what happens in ch #229 ^_^
Old 2004-08-28, 02:58   Link #222
yinstro

well if he gets teh third sharingan, and my guess is thats the hypnosis/genjutsu eye, than he maybe able to kill naruto kyuubi or not. Hypnotizing naruto then killing a defenseless fighter hmm. but even though kyuubi powers up, if sasuke powers up he should get considerable boosts, even boosts beyond what sharingan is supposed to be capable of if the sound ninjas are any indication, the second seal seems to play by totally different rules. kimimaro before and after cursed seal and even spider boy, whole new ball game
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 03:00   Link #223
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I don't get why people are saying Sasuke will kill Kakashi. Sasuke is no where near kakashi's level even with the curse seal. Sasuke cannot kill kakashi out right. Kakashi knows sasuke willingly went to Oro, so he knows sasuke betrayed konoha. kakashi won't turn his back on Sasuke. Besides Kakashi probably won't get there until the fight is over.
Kishimoto can't kill off a character ranked as high in favorite character polls as Kakashi without a very, very good reason, and no, Sasuke getting the mangekyo sharingan isn't good enough.
Anyway back to the fight, since Naruto said he'd bring Sasuke back, even if he had to break his arms and legs, Sasuke will probably counter that he'd just run away again when they healed. I still think naruto is going to let Sasuke go once he realizes the only way to really stop him is to kill him. It'll probably take naruto a few more chapters to come to that conclusion though.
Old 2004-08-28, 03:03   Link #224
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I don't get why people are saying Sasuke will kill Kakashi. Sasuke is no where near kakashi's level even with the curse seal. Sasuke cannot kill kakashi out right. Kakashi knows sasuke willingly went to Oro, so he knows sasuke betrayed konoha. kakashi won't turn his back on Sasuke. Besides Kakashi probably won't get there until the fight is over.
Kishimoto can't kill off a character ranked as high in favorite character polls as Kakashi without a very, very good reason, and no, Sasuke getting the mangekyo sharingan isn't good enough.
Anyway back to the fight, since Naruto said he'd bring Sasuke back, even if he had to break his arms and legs, Sasuke will probably counter that he'd just run away again when they healed. I still think naruto is going to let Sasuke go once he realizes the only way to really stop him is to kill him. It'll probably take naruto a few more chapters to come to that conclusion though.
because if kakashi were to run into the fight now, and see an enraged kyuubi spilling out naruto, and defenseless not even curse seal one sasuke, he d probably try to protect sasuke, thus turning his back on sasuke, who in his current state of mind might put a chidori arm through him and then run away to oro
Old 2004-08-28, 03:05   Link #225
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, I used to think Sasuke was a really cool character. But until when it came to this. Now, I could careless if he dies. But Naruto may or may not break his arms and legs. We'll just have to wait and see what happens next
Old 2004-08-28, 03:19   Link #226
yinstro

what was weird were the flashbacks, were they all flashbacks? what was goin on there?
Old 2004-08-28, 03:26   Link #227
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

This chapter was boring. I just wish that this stupid arc would stop already. It's being streched out too much.
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 03:33   Link #228
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanttuH
This chapter was boring. I just wish that this stupid arc would stop already. It's being streched out too much.
stretched out? you people keep saying that, but how long do these fights usually last? neiji fought for like 5 issues? how many manga issues was the gaara/lee fight? i think maybe yall are used to reading the issues in blocks. cause if i was an aothor id dedicate many a page to something this big
Old 2004-08-28, 03:37   Link #229
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
what was weird were the flashbacks, were they all flashbacks? what was goin on there?
Yeah those were flashbacks. I guess they were used to show us that even though they didn't really show it outright, Naruto and Sasuke kinda liked eachother.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 03:43   Link #230
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
stretched out? you people keep saying that, but how long do these fights usually last? neiji fought for like 5 issues? how many manga issues was the gaara/lee fight? i think maybe yall are used to reading the issues in blocks. cause if i was an aothor id dedicate many a page to something this big
I meant that the whole arc is too long, imo.
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 03:50   Link #231
missing_nin

when i was cheking the raw i thought naruto was saying something like: IMA KILL YOU MOFO !@#$%^&**())^^$#%. Instead he was being protective again like: ''i will prevent you from going to oro'' . That sounded pretty stupid to me, i mean the more i read the more i think sasuke WILL go to oro.
missing_nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 04:03   Link #232
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanttuH
I meant that the whole arc is too long, imo.
seems like it will prolly be as long as the chuunin arc, prolly wont go on much longer. well it will go on almost forever if they do anything big. but this seems like the end of this phase of the arc
Old 2004-08-28, 04:04   Link #233
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Actually, I was pretty impressed with Naruto's loyalty in spite of everything that's happened in the last few chapters. It's one of the few times I've actually liked Naruto for his "never give up" attitude. Usually, it just annoys me.

Kakashi's presence in this chapter surprised me. I think I'd kind of like it if he died here, whether by Naruto or Sasuke's hands or by some other party. It would be kind of cool if Itachi showed up to take Naruto, and killed Kakashi, leaving Sasuke for Orochimaru or even other leaf nin to pick up later. Mostly, I just think he should die. Team seven seems doomed, so Kakashi has no definitive place in future storylines. His past could easily tie into this story if say, Kakashi gained his sharingan from a friend who'd attempted to kill him in order to obtain the mange. It would explain his "people who abandon their friends are lower than trash" attitude. Not to mention his angst over his friend's death (he was forced to kill him in self-defense). It would also partly explain why he's so much more involved with Sasuke than his other students. Then all we'd need is a panel with Kakashi's mask off at his funeral and all the great mysteries of the copy ninja would be revealed.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 04:09   Link #234
yinstro

Dez reads teh manga too? im shocked.. heh i didnt want to mention the whole sakura says that her life without sasuke is like his without his family in the sakura is obsesive debate.
Anyhow why yall people wanna kill off poor kakashi? hes teh only one who can fight jounin level fighters right now. theres still kisame, and itachi atatsuki kabuto running around. Heh you guys are cold once your teacher graduates kill him off eh? is it possible he could serve some other purpose besides teach? I dunno kakashi dying here is a huge waste of his potential
Old 2004-08-28, 04:20   Link #235
Dez
Speshul

Well, yinstro, it would have been a bad idea to mention something like that in an anime episode discussion thread anyway

There's Tsunade and Jiraiya now. Both more than capable of taking on high level opponents. There are also the other teachers, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai, and correct me if I'm wrong but Shizune seems to be at Jounin level as well. It seems to me that if team seven splits Kakashi doesn't have much of a reason to be interacting with the rest of the main cast on a day to day basis, especially without his favorite pupil. Jiraiya will be teaching Naruto. Tsunade or Shizune will most likely take Sakura under her wing.
Old 2004-08-28, 04:38   Link #236
Rotweiler

The problem is, killing Kakashi will have serious repercussions to the fandom and the storyline. One that is irrevoccable and not in a good way.

To the fandom itself, as someone has mentioned, Kakashi is one of the most popular character in the series. Since Naruto is the main character in the series and has always managed to keep his sanity in check, he's not going to be the one that going to go off on Kakashi. Not when he explicitly mentioned that Kakashi is one of those people he wants to protect.

Sasuke himself, however, is not quite rational these days. I can see him executing a Chidori on his own teacher. Having said that, whether or not the action will be intentional, the repercussion on the fandom will be big. Fans who already hate Sasuke will have more reason to hate him. Those who didn't hate him but like Kakashi now has reason to do so. At best, if Kakashi dies in the hand of Sasuke, it'll split the fandom apart. At worst, it'll end interest in the series.

To the storyline itself, have you ever wondered what a dead Jounin will mean to the series? As Iruka mentioned in this week's anime, Konoha is short on many talented shinobis at the moment. Yes, there are Jiraiya and Tsunade and the other jounins. But Tsunade will have to oversee the running of Konoha while the others are not exactly powerful while the number of powerful enemies keep growing by day to the point that all Shinobis weak and strong are dispatched to keep the enemies at bay. That's why Tsunade made the decision to send a bunch of Genins to retrieve Sasuke.

A dead Kakashi means that they're less one talented Shinobi in the village. And what's worse is the fact that a case of dead Jounin (not to mention those Genins whose fate we still don't know yet) will undermine Tsunade's decision making skills and her position as a new leader. It's true that Kakashi went off on his own. But the idea of sending a group of Genin to face off with the sands was hers and the decision leads to this point. If there are many casualties happened to the point that they lost a lot of talented ninjas along the way, she'll be in trouble at the very least. Konoha itself, will be even more vulnerable than ever before.

Last edited by Rotweiler; 2004-08-28 at 04:48.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 04:55   Link #237
Dez
Speshul

In short, Kakashi's death would create a wealth of conflict for future chapters draw on, and for the fans to discuss on message boards. I don't see the problem. ; )

I actually think you're overstating Kakashi's importance to the series, both in the real world and the manga. He's appeared in a handful of chapters since the chuunin exam and has mostly been a background character. Yes, he's popular but the story itself won't be missing much because he's hardly been there to begin with.

Tsunade's decision to send a bunch of genin out was a bad one to begin with, however she was not the one to send Kakashi after Sasuke, he chose to do that on his own, so she can't be faulted for that.
Old 2004-08-28, 04:57   Link #238
Dalavita
Jounin

After Naruto got kyuubified he still told Sasuke that he wouldn't let him get to Orochimaru. Does this mean that Naruto is still in control over his body even after all the transformations.Curse seal level 2 or not I would think Sasuke would be dead if he was fighting the Kyuubified Naruto but if Naruto is in control and has the Kyuubi's power we might be able to see uber rasengans.

Oh, and Kakashi won't die. I won't bother explain why, but he wont
Dalavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 05:01   Link #239
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
Well, yinstro, it would have been a bad idea to mention something like that in an anime episode discussion thread anyway

There's Tsunade and Jiraiya now. Both more than capable of taking on high level opponents. There are also the other teachers, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai, and correct me if I'm wrong but Shizune seems to be at Jounin level as well. It seems to me that if team seven splits Kakashi doesn't have much of a reason to be interacting with the rest of the main cast on a day to day basis, especially without his favorite pupil. Jiraiya will be teaching Naruto. Tsunade or Shizune will most likely take Sakura under her wing.
but but what about ramen girl? without her kakashi?
i dunno i dont see kakashi as a dead end, i mean things are gonna change regardless, but he still has alot to do, and a lot to face, chances are whatever happened to him in the past is far from resolved. I dunno i didnt think of kakashi solely as his teacher.
Also if sasuke escapes, its kinda like kakashi's role to try to get him back or bring down sound village. we look at sasuke leaving as his choice, but really being an uchiha ninja he s not really allowed to leave without a fight, dead or alive. Some one has to head the squad thats gonna try to get him back. As far as jiraiya he has left the konoha and refused the mantle of leadership, i dunno exactly what hes gonna do, he seems to do only what he wants. and tsunade as teh other guy said is basically a desk jockey for now, unless someone attacks konoha directly i dunno how much action she ll see.

edit: and even though naruto seems limitless right now, i dunno how much kyuubi he can really handle, or if he can keep healing like that forever. kyuubi may have unlimited chakra, but naruto was completely tapped out at end of gaara fight so he could become tapped out again.
Old 2004-08-28, 05:14   Link #240
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
In short, Kakashi's death would create a wealth of conflict for future chapters draw on, and for the fans to discuss on message boards. I don't see the problem. ; )
The thing is, unless they plan on an entirely new direction for the series, this is a very dicey decision to take.

Quote:
I actually think you're overstating Kakashi's importance to the series, both in the real world and the manga. He's appeared in a handful of chapters since the chuunin exam and has mostly been a background character. Yes, he's popular but the story itself won't be missing much because he's hardly been there to begin with.
I don't think I do. As far as popularity goes, in Japan Kakashi has always been in the top 5 rank along with Iruka, Naruto, and Sasuke. As for storyline goes, like i said before, while he hasn't appeared often, his expertise is needed by Konoha. I guess it depends whether or not Kishimoto intends on focusing more on the young ninjas or if he also wants to focus on the story of the Jounins and Chuunins. I always find the story of the adults (Tsunade, Kakashi, Iruka, Sandaime) to be far more interesting than the kids' stories, Naruto's story notwithstanding. But that's because I'm an adult myself and you're probably right that Kishimoto is more interested in exploring the kids' stories.

Quote:
Tsunade's decision to send a bunch of genin out was a bad one to begin with, however she was not the one to send Kakashi after Sasuke, he chose to do that on his own, so she can't be faulted for that.
But think about it. If she had send a more serious opponent to retrieve Sasuke, the whole thing may not have come to this point. Naruto meeting Sasuke is like a molotov cocktail waiting to happen. Granted, she didn't know about their rivalries but that does not take from the fact that she has indirectly caused him to interefere on the fight when the Jounin himself look as if he's ready to pass out from exhaustion. But like I said, that's not the more serious repercussion. The lost of a talented Shinobi will be more noticeable. Remember how the sands decide not to appear when they saw Kakashi? Konoha will lose one person that has this kind of effect on their enemy.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote