AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-31, 14:09   Link #61
Crimson Reaper

Chapter is out, nothing more then the spoilers told. Luffy will get his hat when he wakes up. He and Law's crew escaped, Hancock is following, Shanks laid down the law of fight and we'll kick your ass, Blackbeard left and Shanks was given Whitebeard and Ace's bodies. Well executed and so the war is over. Can't wait for the aftermath though I strongly believe there will now be a short time skip, it would work best in this situation. No chapter next week but I'm okay with waiting...just.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
What was Shank's apologizing for near the last panel?
I'm guessing for causing Sengoku the trouble he'll be in for giving over the bodies without a fight.
Old 2010-03-31, 14:12   Link #62
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

It seemed a bit anti climactic in the end. I had hoped maybe we'd get an insight of how many losses each side incurred. Marines had 100,000...so they musta lost a ton.
Old 2010-03-31, 14:31   Link #63
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
Saw the chapter. There have been few who thought it was anti-climatic, and I some what relate to this statement. But after re-reading the chapter several times, I believe this was the best way to stop the war.

Shanks is not a trouble maker, and will always try to solve any issue peacefully. If he participated in the war or prolonged it, it will be out of character for him.

Add to the that, this Arc has been going for more than a year starting from Amazon Lily. Its about time it has to finish. And seriously, after this long streak of great chapters, there ought to be a quite one, folding this up.

Anyway, Blackbeard is foreshadowing something as usual, can't wait to know what he has in mind. Shanks comment about the deaths not being broadcast seemed strange, if its not a mistranslation, its really strange, since we saw people remarking Ace and whitebeard's death...
Old 2010-03-31, 15:13   Link #64
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Shanks comment about the deaths not being broadcast seemed strange, if its not a mistranslation, its really strange, since we saw people remarking Ace and whitebeard's death...
Shanks said it was broadcast.
Old 2010-03-31, 15:14   Link #65
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Heh, yep. Buggy's followers kept them cameras rolling even after Sengoku had cut the broadcast. The government would have a heck of a hard time trying to cover up something that was clearly shown on live television.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The video transmission however seems to have only be available at Shabondy. Everyone else probably only got audio. At least the TV transmission seems to be a new development.
But if Shabondy is the only place getting live images, then no one would have seen anything from just before Coby's speech onwards because they all ran away because of Tsunami warnings. That means no would know HOW the war ended exactly, the Government can at the least spin the ending to best suit them.
This is what interests me the most, sure before Coby the footage is still pretty damning for the WG and Marines(Luffy and Dragon's connection, Whitebeard confirming his greatest rivals treasure is real, Blackbeard, how brutal the Marines are in fighting even after winning), but the ending is still theirs to manipulate.
Old 2010-03-31, 15:25   Link #66
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The video transmission however seems to have only be available at Shabondy. Everyone else probably only got audio. At least the TV transmission seems to be a new development.

Well, according to Shanks, footage of the war was broadcasted to the entire world. Maybe he could be exaggerating a bit, but I do imagine that Sabaody wouldn't be the only island that has actual TV sets (in fact, it's not, since Impel Down has TV monitors that are used for security purposes)......

Anyway, I checked out the chapter. I don't really have much to add to what I said about the spoilers. I can understand Oda not showing off the abilities of Shanks' crew now, as he's obviously waiting for an event more epic than this war to finally have them strut their stuff (I'm still most interested in seeing Lucky fight, myself ). Anyway, now that the war's over, I hope that we'll finally get a glimpse of the other two emperors, since the news of Whitebeard's death will undoubtedly reach their ears soon enough, anyway......

Oh, and I'm totally gonna call it now: Blackbeard's going to kill Shanks at a later point in the series. Blackbeard's line about how it's not time for them to clash yet definitely foreshadows the possibility of this happening. Besides, what better way for Teach to further spread his infamy than by killing two of the emperors?
Old 2010-03-31, 16:35   Link #67
Prestige

Good epilogue for this magnificent war, it sure was a helluva ride. Excllent arc overall, perhaps best ever.

Shanks really have a great influence and reputation, pretty much every faction and everyone regards him highly (with a exception of a Buggy). Even Sengoku and Marines takes him very seriosly and Sengoku even does what Shanks ask.

But what now happens now? Timeskip, focus change to strawhats or other places or do we continue on Law's ship and Luffys treatment?

Boa seem to place searhing for Luffy in her first priority so I dont think she will be going back to Amazon Lily anytime soon. I will look forward to see what happens for Boa and Jinbei in future, both have builded a strong ties with Luffy in this saga.

But excellent job for Oda for Marineford arc. I rate this arc 9,5/10 because it was just so awesome. I heartly recommend to re-read this arc in one go to see full brilliance of it.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:01   Link #68
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Comparison pic of Shanks' crew

Interesting to see how much they changed (or didn't change) over the years. I like how Lucky is still eating meat even in that situation.
My god. That's pretty amazing.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:26   Link #69
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I think a small time skip would be appropriate, but I really don't want to see more than 2 or 3 weeks long. I just read the english chapter, I was surprised it was out. A couple of things stuck out, according to the translation, Red hair had a skirmish with Kaidou. Red hair didn't negotiate, he pretty much dictated the terms of cease fire. Based on marco's interaction which shank's, I don't think its likely that any white beard pirates will join shanks, he didn't exactly look happy to see him (he addressed him "red hair", how many of luffy's allies adresss as straw hat."

Man I can already see that in the anime we're going to get a 5 minute long flash back for this half of a panel page.

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2010-03-31 at 17:48.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:53   Link #70
mr.muscles

Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
so do we know the names of all of shanks crew in that picture? or do we just know the names of lucky, ben, and yassop?

^_^
Old 2010-03-31, 18:14   Link #71
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muscles View Post
so do we know the names of all of shanks crew in that picture? or do we just know the names of lucky, ben, and yassop?
Those three are the only ones given names.
Old 2010-03-31, 19:20   Link #72
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I think Shanks took the bodies so the Marines couldn't further tout their victory through the display of the dead pirates. Everyone knows both Ace and Whitebeard are dead, well, not really sure if everyone knows Ace is dead, but the Marines and WG could have still paraded the heads of them both around as an exclamation point to their victory.

Shanks basically prevented that. I think he's apologizing at the end because he knows Sengoku is being considerate of the two despite it probably earning him a reprimand.
Old 2010-03-31, 20:35   Link #73
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
And that's the conclusion of the war. It was fitting.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-03-31, 20:45   Link #74
Battler-kun

Not too happy how this ended...seemed somewhat cheap to me!

Shanks marching (more like teleporting) in and everyone is listening to him when just a moment they were going wild!
You just can't stop a Blackbeard or Akainu just with spouting words...

Actually i have a feeling that Shanks is now the absolute strongest person in the world.
One arm less or not, it doesn't matter.

He got way stronger than before! Mihawk is cleary dodging any battles with him now.
His lame excuses everytime are getting old now.
Old 2010-03-31, 20:53   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

Shanks marching (more like teleporting) in and everyone is listening to him when just a moment they were going wild!

Actually i have a feeling that Shanks is now the absolute strongest person in the world.

He got way stronger than before! Mihawk is cleary dodging any battles with him now.
His lame excuses everytime are getting old now.

without the power to backup those words, which Shank does have.
Old 2010-03-31, 21:00   Link #76
Battler-kun

That's what i said in the next passage.

I wonder what's the secret behind Shanks. Gotta have atleast one.
Old 2010-03-31, 21:40   Link #77
rpy1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

His lame excuses everytime are getting old now
I doubt he's dodging Shanks.It's been shown that Mihawk and Shanks are somewhat close friends. Mihawk even apologized to Shanks when he was about to attack Luffy.
Old 2010-03-31, 23:51   Link #78
Slayerx

eh just a bit too anti-climatic... i mean letting the whitebeard pirates walk away i feel like i can accept, but i don't like letting blackbeard walk away. Would have prefered for Shanks to actually take a shot at blackbeard and force him into a full retreat; not in the sense that redhair overpowers him, but more so in that he knows that if he sticks around he'll have to deal with red hair AND the marines... and little action to help break up how peaceful this all is

Ah but how i do wonder how Buggy's days will be after this... nice fat bounty on his head and crew full of pirates more powerful than himself but believing that he's a pirate king in the making...
Old 2010-04-01, 01:51   Link #79
james0246

^Does it really matter if it is shown visually or not? Obviously the transmission, whether visual or not, was fairly descriptive in its presentation, else how could random villagers on a non-Sabondy Island (so non-television Island) be celebrating Whitebeard's death? Whatever the case, the world has received a blow-by-blow account of the "War", so they know of the Marines failures and triumphs, as well as who lived and who died....
Old 2010-04-01, 02:26   Link #80
game2007

Even the monkey from chapter 1 appears in this chapter!
Closed Thread