Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-17, 15:20   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
... Originally Posted by Arakawa Website (News): In addition, event attendees for a limited "special kindergarten is clear files get out"....
In case anyone actually cares, what the Japanese really refers to is that attendees at a Starchild event at Tokyo Anime Fair on 28 March -- the event is called "Spring baton-pass from Hanamaru Kindergarten to Arakawa Under the Bridge" -- will receive "clear files" (these appear to be clear plastic sleeves or folders for putting papers in) branded for each of the two shows. Arakawa succeeds Hanamaru in the same Sunday-night timeslot.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-03-17 at 15:56.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 18:02   Link #62
Joojoobees

Thanks for the legit translation. Somehow all the wacky stuff associated with this show that I've seen so far had me prepared to accept that gibberish at face value.

Can't wait until April, so I get to see it for real.
Old 2010-03-18, 22:47   Link #63
Midonin
Last Engage

Finally got info on one of the most important parts of the show: The OP/ED. Especially when you're dealing with Shaft.

The OP is "Venus to Jesus", sung by Etsuko Yakushimaru, last heard on Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu's OP.

The ED is "Sakasama Bridge" (Upside-Down Bridge), sung by Suneohair, last heard on Honey and Clover's EDs.

Though again, we're dealing with Shaft. The song is only half the spectacle. The animation that goes with it is the other half.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 20:41   Link #64
epl

An acutal cm for Arakawa Under the Bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB5P00JVZls

Animation looks like typical Shaft like but it looks good. I cannot wait for to hear Maaya Sakamoto in it.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 21:30   Link #65
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

That doesn't look half bad. Looking forward to it.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 07:12   Link #66
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally a proper trailer
This show can be good with Zetsubou-sensei 2 ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 09:22   Link #67
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Yakushimaru Etsuko in the opening, SHAFT ALL STARS in the cast, familiar "art style", even the airing slot, its like you watch a single continuous Shaft show with no end in sight!

Typical Shaft fare starts to wear out on me, honestly. After how they meddled with Bund and butchered brilliant Natsu no Arashi! (with full consent and involvement of respective mangakas, even!) I don't have any high hopes for the show. No matter how good original material is. I'm seriously tired of Shaft tricks and moves.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 16:30   Link #68
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Additional casts
Maria: Sawashiro Miyuki
Stella: Chiwa Saito

Additional staff
Music: Yokoyama Masaru (Queen's Blade, Kimikiss)

I hope this series will be okay unlike all Shaft series this season. Shinbo interviewed in Maria Holic scoop back then that "Maria Holic was done without any difficulties all thanks to Miyamoto Yukihiro being an assistant director". I'm keeping my fingers crossed he's chosen as an assistant director for this series for that reason.

Broadcast timeslot seems to be that of Hanamaru Youchien's.
Wait, are you saying that Hidamari wasn't okay?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 00:03   Link #69
epl

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/a...l/movie02.html

New pv of Arakawa Under the Bridge with what I believe the ed song by Suneohair in the background.

It will premiere this Sunday.

Last edited by epl; 2010-04-02 at 11:42.
Old 2010-04-02, 00:13   Link #70
wingman32x

The trailer looked good. I have to admit, I didn't expect much from this series when it was announced. The summary sounded weird and the promo art with the "Star Head" guy kind of freaked me out. The show looks pretty cool, though. I'm def. going to at least try it.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 13:46   Link #71
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Well, it's 11:40am Pacific Time and the first episode should be out now.
Old 2010-04-04, 13:49   Link #72
epl

it did air already. however, subs you will have to wait.
Old 2010-04-04, 13:50   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Here's hoping it's on CR.
Old 2010-04-04, 14:07   Link #74
epl

CR getting this is still probably a good chance, but there is no chance they will release ep 1 by today.
Old 2010-04-04, 14:14   Link #75
Midonin
Last Engage

Well, there is neither OP nor ED this week. While omitting one or the other isn't uncommon in first episodes, omitting both is unusual.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 14:38   Link #76
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Well, there is neither OP nor ED this week. While omitting one or the other isn't uncommon in first episodes, omitting both is unusual.
SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever, we knew they were going to pull something like this anyway. At least we know that they got something up their sleeves, despite being lazy, they always come through with the final product.
Old 2010-04-04, 16:24   Link #77
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It's online now, GO WATCH IT!!
Old 2010-04-04, 16:57   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
despite being lazy
It's hardly being lazy. More like having a little amount of members, and so much work to be done.
Old 2010-04-04, 16:57   Link #79
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Women are from Venus.

Also I would assume that the op/ed were cut due to time. :v
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 17:08   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Vampire Bund was excellent, in my opinion. The best show of the winter, for me.

Episode one of this show was promising, but I still have to wait and see. This is definitely Shinbou, however, so I have high hopes. The look is great. And hard to go wrong with the voice-acting: Kamiya Hiroshi, Sakamoto Maaya, and Koyasu Takehito Fujiwara Keiji (silly me; thanks, Kanon), all in fine form.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-05 at 17:23.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, shaft