AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 09:43   Link #22501
s07195
However,

Is anyone still writing the script of Someday in the Rain? It's kinda a waste. Or, does anyone know where to find the original script?

Anyways, Heatth seems to be busy so I'm gonna put up a mini-archive of the ones he hasn't put yet...

See Previous Stuff Here

Warning: Spoilers, Backloggers Beware

Parallel Connections (Backup) Mini Archive

Scripts

Artwork
Itsuko- It was only a Dream

This will be kept updated until Heatth comes back.
In the meantime, you can find it under my sig.

*e* I decided to quote Joe4evr's quote for the "It was only a Dream" artwork.

Last edited by s07195; 2010-04-22 at 09:37. Reason: Make it clearer! I'm a NEET ;)
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:16   Link #22502
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, Itsuko: Fox Hunt:

Should be pretty obvious who the woman is.

This is finally done... next up is Kyonko's evening scene and then something I've been looking forward to for a while, that being Haruki's version of Endless Eight.

As you are all aware, I'd just like it if you'd enjoy~.
Itsuko's route is certainly wrapping up into one of the best routes for the VN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Is anyone still writing the script of Someday in the Rain? It's kinda a waste. Or, does anyone know where to find the original script?

Anyways, Heatth seems to be busy so I'm gonna put up a mini-archive of the ones he hasn't put yet...

Parallel Connections Mini Archive

Haruhi
Haruhi- Nothing's Gone Wrong

Mikuru
Mikuru- Confrontation

Nagato
Nagato- Ceremony's Aftermath

Itsuko
Itsuko- Fox Hunt

Kyonko
-----

This will be kept updated until Heatth comes back.
In the meantime, you can find it under my sig.
Oh, this is nice. Good work.
Old 2010-04-06, 00:54   Link #22503
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Itsuko's route is better simply because she has more potential than Yuki/Mikuru, who I find frankly boring and worthless. Thankfully, I won't be writing their routes.

And now, to (unfortunately) invalidate that mini-archive, I have this.

Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, Evening:

All the evening scenes in one go, although only the Kyonko scene and the Flagless scene are new, of course.

The Towel Man wishes for you to enjoy~.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-04-21 at 17:27.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 02:11   Link #22504
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Haha, I am SO loving the Kyonko scene.
Spoiler for Kyonko scene:
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 03:32   Link #22505
s07195
However,

Quote:
Spoiler for Kyonko-He is the Terminator:

Spoiler for Flagless-Evening:

All the evening scenes in one go, although only the Kyonko scene and the Flagless scene are new, of course.

Ands now to invalidate your post, I shortened the spoilers
The archive WILL go on (for now)!
Now to quote my own post twice...

EDIT: I also added Joe4evr's post for the picture of Itsuko Binjovi drew and made the archive clearer.

Last edited by s07195; 2010-04-06 at 07:54.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 03:43   Link #22506
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Firstly, Kaisos, thank you for the manly interactions between Kyon and Haruki. Though they were strictly manly, my yaoi fanboy senses were tingling throughout that scene.

Secondly, thank you for naked Haruki. I acknowledge he's an asshole, yet I felt the need to drool.

Thirdly, thank you for another awesome scene! I can barely decide which route I like best.
Old 2010-04-06, 04:38   Link #22507
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Firstly, Kaisos, thank you for the manly interactions between Kyon and Haruki. Though they were strictly manly, my yaoi fanboy senses were tingling throughout that scene.
Well, this is the sort of humor I find the funniest, so...

In any case, you're welcome.
Old 2010-04-06, 08:23   Link #22508
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Spoiler for The best part:
Typically Haruki followed by typically Kyon. Great ending to the scene.
Old 2010-04-06, 10:20   Link #22509
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Haruki and Kyon(x2) interaction. Always awesome.
I've really been waiting for this scene, and it exceeded all my expectations. Not that I expected it to be bad or anything, but... Well, you know what I mean. Great scene, no complaints as usual.

Also, I've heard rumors of a Ganbatte Kudasai Division. Can I join please? I'm already doing my best with the Obligatory Compliments, see? See?
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 14:03   Link #22510
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Sent you a PM, Puffendahl.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure my favorite is Kyonko's route now.

No, I am sure. All hail Kyonko. ♥
Old 2010-04-07, 03:35   Link #22511
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Itsuko's route is better simply because she has more potential than Yuki/Mikuru, who I find frankly boring and worthless. Thankfully, I won't be writing their routes.

Great way to tie in Haruki's introduction to the story with the Haruhi mythos. You're real good at this.

It's great fun to see Haruki. He got over his emo real quick. His interaction with both Kyons is great. Kyon and Haruki's interaction here should be followed up with a scenario that has both of them being stuck together for days. Like an odd couple comedy.

You know, if Haruki was bisexual, he should be more enthusiatic at meeting a male Kyon.
Haruki: "Alright! Another one for the Seraglio!"

Also, what would be Haruhi's interest in her opposite sex clone be? After all, what is true for one...
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 03:43   Link #22512
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
All hail Kyonko. ♥
That's the idea, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Great way to tie in Haruki's introduction to the story with the Haruhi mythos. You're real good at this.
And yet I make up half this crap on the spot.

Quote:
It's great fun to see Haruki. He got over his emo real quick. His interaction with both Kyons is great. Kyon and Haruki's interaction here should be followed up with a scenario that has both of them being stuck together for days. Like an odd couple comedy.
Well, Haruki's emo is due to Kyonko not being around... and "odd couple comedy" describes the comedic aspects of the Alien route in a nutshell, I think.

Quote:
You know, if Haruki was bisexual, he should be more enthusiatic at meeting a male Kyon.
Haruki: "Alright! Another one for the Seraglio!"
Maybe if Kyon was little and cute, he'd be more interested.

Haruki's the type to not consider himself gay as long as he's going after something that looks like a girl... Kyon is too manly for him.

Quote:
Also, what would be Haruhi's interest in her opposite sex clone be? After all, what is true for one...
See, exactly. Haruhi and Haruki both like little, cute things.

...Poor Kyonko.
Old 2010-04-07, 08:58   Link #22513
s07195
However,

Quote:
Maybe if Kyon was little and cute, he'd be more interested.

Haruki's the type to not consider himself gay as long as he's going after something that looks like a girl... Kyon is too manly for him.
Did I miss something here? Since when has Kyon been manly? If he ever was manly, I'll eat a brick.
...Of course, I might as well eat it on the spot...

Quote:

...Poor Kyonko.
Don't forget Mikuru, but does she count?
Man oh man, if she finds Kyon with Kyonko, not only is Kyon in fatal danger, Haruhi's also gonna have a new toy. *shudders*
If Haruhi finds Haruki then...

Quote:
And yet I make up half this crap on the spot.
That's what we pay you for. It's good quality crap
Good work!
-This has been the "Ganbatte Kudasai Division's Obligatory Compliments". Thank you, and have a lovely day!

@vivify I would also like a membership for the Ganbatte Kudasai Division

EDIT: And I've just noticed that the Kyonko scene is the ONLY ONE to not end with "These are questions I'm gonna hafta figure out"
Old 2010-04-07, 09:20   Link #22514
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:

'He Is The Terminator'= AWESOME! I'll even say it in red for the Umineko fans! 'He Is The Terminator = AWESOME'! I loved it! And I must have mooooore~! ^^
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:09   Link #22515
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Did I miss something here? Since when has Kyon been manly? If he ever was manly, I'll eat a brick.
Dodging a knife aimed at him at ridiculous speeds is probably one example. I'm sure Kaisos can think up a few more (and better) ones.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:56   Link #22516
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
That, and he is quite tall - at least when compared to the other characters. That, and he can be pretty stoic in his responses, and he tries to take positive action when things go south. Pretty solid qualities, overall.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:57   Link #22517
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Not to mention that as far as his looks go in general, Kyon isn't exactly feminine either. Especially on anime standards. Don't really know what standards Haruki would be following, though.

Speaking of Kyon, the Kyonko route has now by far become my favourite route too. I could kinda see it coming, but it's definitely confirmed now. So if that's the point, then, err... point taken?

Oooh, look, I have a sig! Wow.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:30   Link #22518
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Hi folks I am back. Sorry for slacking with the archives and tHi folks I am back. Sorry for slacking with the archives and thanks a lot s07195 for keeping a mini-archive in my absence.

Now lets come back a bit in the time so I can comment everything I miss (sorry for that, it is really, really big):

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, Memories: Flashes in Space (Closed Circle):

Longest. Flashback. Ever.

And now you know why I took so long.
Awesome scene, or should I say "rewrite"? It was close to that. Anyway, Haruki's characterization was particularly good here. He is still a jerk but it is clear he is a nice jerk. Pretty fitting, since the original chapter was the first time Kyon ensured to Itsuki that Haruhi is actualy a good person.

Quote:
Third-in-command would probably be Jovi or Heatth. They're tied.

Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, Haruhi: Nothing's Gone Wrong:

She is on the road crew. She is working on the road.

Please enjoy~, as always.
Heh, funny scene. Start with a crazyness and endded with tsundere comedy.

I now wonder what is causing Kyon 'sickness'. Since he is kinda fine in all other scenes, it must be related to Haruhi. Maybe it is spending time with her plus the headphones (as opposed to just the headphones)? Is Haruhi's power overloading him somehow.

I am also curious how much of what he saw was real. I mean, it was really a closed space? Or he just 'tought' he would face the 'force field' and so it happend?

Quote:
Mikuru scene. Perhaps not the best I've written.

Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, Mikuru: Confrontation:

Why is it that I cannot write anything happy?

Expecting a lot of complaints about this one. Still, please try to enjoy~.
Good scene indeed. Mitsuuru is pretty cool here. As said, a good play with the Asahinas ambiguity. Mikuru exitation in speaking "Classified information" seens to mean the information is not really classified (not to Kyon at last), as it should act as a filter to all Mikuru say. She should't be able to almost tell about her superiors, which mean she is purposedly hidding something on her own.

Also, I have to seccond GDB criticism:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Only part I don't like is that it implies that this whole reality cross event is recorded in their history. That would attempt to plug it into canon for not only the series, but the "future" as well, wouldn't it? If I recall, wasn't the true ending supposed to be a reset button to avoid this very thing?
Indeed, this don't seen to make much sense. Why the original Universe future can remember these events but the Genderbend one don't?

Unless, of course Mikuru lied, as I think it is happening anyway. Kyon was not supposed to have a confrontation with Mitsuuru, nor is Mikuru supposed to be following him. Heck, the main problem is Mitsuuru i not supposed to be there in the first place.

The future probably noticed something is really wrong and are acting the best way the can. They sended their field agent(s) to follow the unknow variables and had her/them taking someone from this time plane to not risk things even more. They probably hope time fix itself somehow (I wouldn't put past then to actually plan to change Mikuru's memories so Mikuru(Big) don't remember these events without being a paradox.

That or the future was somehow altered. Which is even weirder, considering what we know about Haruhi time travel rules. Maybe it is Haruki's fault? Or Midori's?

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, Nagato: Nagato's Apartment: Ceremony's Aftermath:

Bah, can't write fight scenes at all. Not like it's my problem for much longer, though.

Next up is Itsuko, and Jovi should have commemorative art up by then in preparation. Look forward to it.
Cool. I suppose the headphones are gone for good on this route? Not much to talk about it here. Also, comparing with your erlier scenes, I believe your are getting better with Yuki's dialogues.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, Itsuko: Fox Hunt:

Should be pretty obvious who the woman is.

This is finally done... next up is Kyonko's evening scene and then something I've been looking forward to for a while, that being Haruki's version of Endless Eight.

As you are all aware, I'd just like it if you'd enjoy~.
Ah, my favorite route. I love Itsuko now. This is, by far, the most interesting route for me now. I have no idea the direct in which most routes are taking, but it is clear this one is going to a completelly different direction. After all, the only antagoinst in the other routes is the evil headphones, but here the Agency itself seens to be taking that role at last for now.

By the way, I found interesting that each character counterpart was found in their respective route with exeption of Yuuki. A pitty, I am looking foward their meeting.

Quote:
Was it the Agency after Itsuko? If the Agency provided help to Itsuko, why are they after her now? For approaching/shooting Kyon?
A perfect good reason to me. When Itsuko menanced and shoted Kyon she was scared and (probably) tought she was surronded by enemies (blame Kyon for showing the headphones to her). However, even if she realized her mistake and apologised, the Agency don't know that. For all they know Itsuko is a spy using their kindness to get close to Kyon (a important key to Haruhi) and eliminating him. Now I am more curious why they didn't acted sooner. Maybe they didn't want to make a fuss in a public place? And latter they waited Yuuki to not be around (assuming they can notice Yuuki's power)?

In any way, I doubt they will be as coperative to Itsuko and the rest of the genderbend brigade on this route. Heck, they might as well be hunting the other at same time, after all, if Itsuko lied, the others are her alies and, therefore, enemies from the Agency.

Quote:
You shouldn't speak that about them. Also, you are doing an exelent job with Mikuru and Mitsuuru, in my opinion. Mitsuuru is turning out to be awesome in a lame way and I believe you have done a interesting job with Mikuru's ambiguity in the last scene.

I agree Yuki's scenes are kinda meh in comparition, tough. Not bad, but not near as good as the others.

Btw, where is Kogetsu to go crazy with that statement?

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Seventh, Day 6, He is the Terminator:
I kinda miss Itsuko's reacon to seeing Kyon-chan and Kyon together. Not important, but it was interesting to see.

Anyway, a nice scene,good to see Kyonko melancholy and then having the havy mood change abruptly near to the end. I feel Kyon recovered fast for knowing that 'everyone I know is dead', but I guess she believes that since Haruki is there everything is going to be Ok soon or latter, like in the end of Melancholy.

And, yeah, Haruki and Kyon² interaction is priceless. I am looking foryard to see his reaction about Alien ESPers and Future People. Kyonko already seemed to have discarted any hope for manteing the Mascarade after all. They are already in another dimension (and Haruki already knows he is 'God', altough she don't know that yet), what worse can happen?

Quote:
Spoiler for Flagless:
It must really suck getting this route in the first play. Hope you have something 'interesting' for the ons unfortunatelly enought to be stuck in a Bad End.

Quote:
Sounds so hypocrite, altough I can see the logic.

Quote:

...Poor Kyonko.
And yet Haruhi still likes Kyon. I guess it explain why Haruki is more... exagerated, in his demostration of affection. Kyon-chan has everything that made Haruhi fall for Kyon plus she is cute. Poor Kyonko, indeed.

However, since Haruhi do not really know Kyonko, I doubt she would like her that much. I have the impression Haruhi only like Kyon because she knows he, his superficial personality don't seen to be appealing to her.

Quote:
Bit your tongue, Kyon is awesome! In spades, at last. Besides, 'manly' as opose to 'feminine' or 'cute'. Unlike, say, Mitsuuru, Kyon looks to much like, you know, a man.

Quote:
Don't forget Mikuru, but does she count?
I doubt he had, remember that flashbacks some time ago? Bad things will happen with Haruki meeting Mikuru. Too much comedy potential to be wasted.

Oh, yeah, good seeng the rewrite project being back from the deads. I haven't read it yet tough, it is Boredom already finished? Are you, otai, planning to go to Bamboo Leaf now?

PS: Sorry for the overly long post.
PPS: What a pain was to post it! Since when there is a character limit to post? To make it worse the forum keep saying the message was too short It only told me it was actually too long after I delete part of it.

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-04-08 at 16:34.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:29   Link #22519
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Spoiler for Heatth types a lot:

There's nothing wrong with writing an overly long post. Since it shows your dedication to this project, I would say people are glad to have you here.

Also, I loved the Kyonko scene. I guess Kyon really does look a bit chump like if you think about it. Sort of. Maybe. Somewhat. Something. Ah whatever.

Also, I laughed when Haruki BAAAAWWW'd.
Old 2010-04-09, 08:09   Link #22520
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
That, and he is quite tall - at least when compared to the other characters.
So Noizi height?

Hmmmm, with regards to the Terminator scene...I see that Itsuko lied about who Kyon is REALLY a genderbent version of.

Quote:

...Poor Kyonko.
I somehow sense it would be Karmic for Haruhi to meet Kyonko... and then subsequently to meet Haruhi.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2010-04-09 at 15:02.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan