AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-23, 05:37   Link #341
Grey

Huh, so everyone's getting locked up? IIRC, that means only Gangryong, Hyunmi, Honse, Fire Dragon, and Vera are out. That's...not really much of a cast to work with. I wonder what the next chapters will focus on then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Vera was WAY too unreasonable here. What'd she expect, FD to beat the **** out of them w/o fighting back? This is why I just don't like her character too much.
Well, Hayato and Madoka were actually the ones who started the fight--Fire Dragon just provoked them. She probably assumed that the student council weren't just innocently defending themselves from a sudden attack by Fire Dragon.

On the other hand, she might just be locking them up so that they and Fire Dragon don't go at it again.
Old 2010-03-23, 06:18   Link #342
gameboy234

Director fire dragon is so coool.
Old 2010-03-23, 14:26   Link #343
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Huh, so everyone's getting locked up? IIRC, that means only Gangryong, Hyunmi, Honse, Fire Dragon, and Vera are out. That's...not really much of a cast to work with. I wonder what the next chapters will focus on then.

Well, Hayato and Madoka were actually the ones who started the fight--Fire Dragon just provoked them. She probably assumed that the student council weren't just innocently defending themselves from a sudden attack by Fire Dragon.

On the other hand, she might just be locking them up so that they and Fire Dragon don't go at it again.
Well even if everyones locked up, a little more focus on Gang and a select few isn't a bad thing really.
It could bring in some more Gang/Vera interactions(note I'm not expecting anything like romance or the sort but you can bet alot of words would be exchanged)

Just waiting to see Gang own some more punks!
Old 2010-03-25, 20:37   Link #344
Wrath88
Kissing...

According to Vera, Gang won't be in isolation.

So we'll see him go around school complaining about how bored out of his mind he is, and end up challenging random people because he's bored.
Old 2010-04-09, 17:13   Link #345
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh new chapter out, mag scans of vol 10 ch 1 I think.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-09, 20:26   Link #346
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
According to Vera, Gang won't be in isolation.

So we'll see him go around school complaining about how bored out of his mind he is, and end up challenging random people because he's bored.
Looks like its the opposite. Other people are trying to gang up on him instead
Old 2010-04-10, 11:19   Link #347
Valerian Mengsk

Well, the end result is the same either way: loads of bodies lying all over the place. Hmmm, I wonder, do you think that lvl system is about to be thrown out the window? Cause all the main characters are lvl 9 or higher now, or are we going to start seeing some lvl S, SS, SSS crap.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:30   Link #348
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Short chapter are short .

Yeah, Jack does seem to be the new Honse, but I dont' see Honse being replaced by him. Either way, nice to see a new char. Now all we need is Hyumni to show up and let some good fights happen .

Also, Gang must be lv 9 by now, if he can beat lv 8s w/o breaking a sweat. Wonder if he's stronger than Life Wisher? Gang can't get stronger by fighting easy battles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerian Mengsk View Post
Well, the end result is the same either way: loads of bodies lying all over the place. Hmmm, I wonder, do you think that lvl system is about to be thrown out the window? Cause all the main characters are lvl 9 or higher now, or are we going to start seeing some lvl S, SS, SSS crap.
I'm sure that just pertains to the school. Although many of the students are receiving artificial ki, they still can't hold a candle to some of the older guys, like Elder Wood, and Hayato's master, whom dont even use artificial ki, maybe aside from Vera, but she's not even receiving it now.
Old 2010-04-10, 15:07   Link #349
Valerian Mengsk

Well, experience does trump power, and while I agree that Gang fighting weaker people doesn't help him much. Learning to fight against groups of people by yourself never looks bad on the resume.

I mean, look at FD and LT (fire dragon and lightning tiger, respectively), they are almost always shown fighting mobs of lower level people, and both admit that it is dangerous and tiring.
Old 2010-04-10, 20:59   Link #350
frubam
simp for Lyria

Maybe some Hyumni action next chapter? Looks like a lady was walking in at the very end of the chapter
Old 2010-04-11, 10:39   Link #351
LCeh

Any idea what smell Paul was referring to?
Old 2010-04-11, 11:03   Link #352
Valerian Mengsk

Maybe some part of Madoka's Ki or power neutralizes Vera, or maybe she is key to reawakening Vera's sister, or maybe she is needed for the "become a god" ceremony as a sacrifice. catalyst, or something.

Well, whatever it is, FD thinks its important. So obviously it can't be good for Madoka personally, or the rest of the cast.
Old 2010-04-18, 15:02   Link #353
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerian Mengsk View Post
Maybe some part of Madoka's Ki or power neutralizes Vera, or maybe she is key to reawakening Vera's sister, or maybe she is needed for the "become a god" ceremony as a sacrifice. catalyst, or something.

Well, whatever it is, FD thinks its important. So obviously it can't be good for Madoka personally, or the rest of the cast.
Huh? Lol, what the heck are you talking about? Madoka is in no way special; Paul was bribed by FD to divert Madoka from finding the Elders for Vera. When he says "smell", he probably means her personality (>.>)...
Old 2010-04-18, 16:23   Link #354
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Huh? Lol, what the heck are you talking about? Madoka is in no way special; Paul was bribed by FD to divert Madoka from finding the Elders for Vera. When he says "smell", he probably means her personality (>.>)...
Actually I think he might have been referring to something else.
I think that since he was with Madoka he found out something she didn't hence he says that even Madoka didn't know yet.
well who knows what it's all about at this point, could very well be something pretty trivial.
Just wondering if we'll actually get some funny weird moments between Gang & co and Vera vfor now
Old 2010-04-25, 11:55   Link #355
frubam
simp for Lyria

Dangit, I want to know who that was that was coming in at the end >=0^!!!
Old 2010-05-06, 23:05   Link #356
frubam
simp for Lyria

And FINALLY my curiousity is answered!
Spoiler for chp 72:

Last edited by frubam; 2010-05-06 at 23:25.
Old 2010-05-06, 23:42   Link #357
Iron21

Spoiler for Spoilers 72:
Old 2010-05-06, 23:50   Link #358
Grey

Ha, looks like Gangryong is weak against Hyunmi. Not his usual brash self.

Hum, interesting seeing Vera's machinations. I wonder how that will work out. Same goes for Shinra and Muyoung's Natural Wave.

I guess this is primarily a set-up chapter, since there were a bunch of brief scenes that leave me wondering what will happen next. But that gets me interested at least.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:16   Link #359
Xion Valkyrie

It's kind of interesting that all the school buddies are trying their best to fight over school politics, when Vera doesn't even care because her concerns are on a whole other level.

Btw, has it ever explicitly stated what Vera's offer to the traditional clans are? There are a lot of talk about how it'd be good for them, but I don't remember exactly reading what it is.
Old 2010-05-07, 14:46   Link #360
hehey

Guhoo's hair on page five was a travesty, he needs to cut that shit.

Tags
action, fantasy, martial arts, shounen, supernatural