AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 19:11   Link #41
Ero-Senn1n

Well it seems the hatred between Naruto and most of the villagers that he was surrounded by didn't just vanish. Again a very nice idea by Kishimoto, such hatred that Naruto experienced in his childhood will not just go away by itself, even if Naruto doesn't experience it consciously now, but it is present in his subconscious. That is what makes it impossible to reject the will of the kyuubi, Naruto must find peace in his soul to be able to reject the demon's will.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 19:13   Link #42
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Well it seems the hatred between Naruto and most of the villagers that he was surrounded by didn't just vanish. Again a very nice idea by Kishimoto, such hatred that Naruto experienced in his childhood will not just go away by itself, even if Naruto doesn't experience it consciously now, but it is present in his subconscious. That is what makes it impossible to reject the will of the kyuubi, Naruto must find peace in his soul to be able to reject the demon's will.
I just wrote the same at the bottom of page 2
So we agree on that.

I said it's just like the Kyuubi's key out of the prison. It's his deal, worthy of a demon. As it seems, the Kyuubi wants to tear Naruto's body apart in order to break free. When he comes out, the more intense cloak just destroys Naruto's body, burns the skin and so on.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 19:17   Link #43
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
I just wrote the same at the bottom of page 2
So we agree on that.
Haha, it was only your king-kong prophecy when i read it

Now i wonder if these demons have their own will or is it the host's will projected into them. Because Bee's demon surely is quite cooperative, i don't see how would the kyuubi become so cooperative if it's mind is completely independent from Naruto's. Naruto will probably need the kyuubi's cooperation to break free from Sasuke's genjutsu, just like Bee could do that with the help of his demon. If the demon's mind is independent then what has Naruto to offer to the demon to buy it's cooperation? Maybe he can offer some level of freedom, which happens when Bee transforms into that demon.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 19:27   Link #44
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Haha, it was only your king-kong prophecy when i read it
So we agree on King Kong, too?
Geez, he just had to pull it off. I'm waiting for Samui screaming "Help!" and getting kidnapped by that stupid King Kong. I'd make my day.

The evil Naruto, that reminds me of Luke Skywalker in the Darth Vader Suit... just when good Luke cut off his head, there was his own face under the mask.

It will show Naruto that he truly is like Sasuke, he just decided differently. "I am the same. I have that hatred inside me and I made up my mind. I could have become a really bad guy."
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
Old 2010-04-21, 19:28   Link #45
james0246

Quote:
Naruto has to defeat that hate, but it's not enough to suppress it. He has to deal with it.
Sigh. It is so obvious how this will progress, it is almost painful. Rahan was correct, this is more Star Wars than Star Wars ever was...

Naruto will soon become a Jedi Master...er, Kage, and help to bring balance to the Force...er, Elemental Nations.

That being said, Kirabi was fun this chapter (despite all his other flaws, he didn't succumb to the other usual stereotype), and I loved Naruto's reactions to King Kong (stupid reference, though), but the chapter was a page shorter than usual, and had very little content despite everything that happened.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 19:30   Link #46
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Nice! Evil Naruto vs Naruto. Evil Naruto should immediately go into either Sage mode or use the Kyuubi. Naruto needs to get serious. He still has the fun fun attitude.
Old 2010-04-21, 19:30   Link #47
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wait, Harem in Naruto?!! Haha, I had completely forgotten that Naruto even had that technique. That alone made this chapter quite enjoyable.
Old 2010-04-21, 19:35   Link #48
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sigh. It is so obvious how this will progress, it is almost painful. Rahan was correct, this is more Star Wars than Star Wars ever was...

Naruto will soon become a Jedi Master...er, Kage, and help to bring balance to the Force...er, Elemental Nations.

That being said, Kirabi was fun this chapter (despite all his other flaws, he didn't succumb to the other usual stereotype), and I loved Naruto's reactions to King Kong (stupid reference, though), but the chapter was a page shorter than usual, and had very little content despite everything that happened.
Search your feelings, James. You know it to be true.

That reminds me of something. Wasn't there a discussion about whether Jinchuuriki were liked or not and someone said that they were accepted in Kumo? It seems they were not accepted, not even in Kumo and Kirabi was sent to a shit island where his only friends were wild animals. He was a beast among beasts, not regarded as human anymore. Maybe he only returned after his brother succeeded the former Raikage. This chapter, it's often been stated that Kirabi is old. I didn't really know that he's old, but I always thought that Raikage looks a lot oder, so Kirabi must be the younger brother.
It seems his only way to return was to learn how to control the beast. He must have suffered a lot.
Old 2010-04-21, 21:25   Link #49
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:

That reminds me of something. Wasn't there a discussion about whether Jinchuuriki were liked or not and someone said that they were accepted in Kumo? It seems they were not accepted, not even in Kumo and Kirabi was sent to a shit island where his only friends were wild animals. He was a beast among beasts, not regarded as human anymore.
...Are you joking?

The island is a training ground. Raikage said that's where he and Kirabi trained together.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 21:34   Link #50
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Naruto: NEVER! YOU ARE EVIL!
Narutomaru (evil): NEVER! I! AM! YOU!
Naruto: NO! NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!
Narutomaru: Search your feelings, Naruto. You know it's true.
Old 2010-04-21, 21:39   Link #51
naruske

[QUOTE=Sabaku Kyu;3013899]Yeah, set-up for a rematch seems pretty likely here, though I can't help but wonder why Gai is at the island in the first place. Yamato I can understand because of the Kyuubi and his role in Team 7, but Gai just seems kinda random. Maybe he's there because of his experience fighting Sharingan?

Naruto broke the necklace so its pointless.
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 21:56   Link #52
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

I knew it!

Kirabi is a rapping ninja homosexual! Lol.
Old 2010-04-21, 22:04   Link #53
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
Naruto broke the necklace so its pointless.
And yet, Yamato trounces around his wood to justify being Naruto's guardian...

...wait, what?

Well, Naruto's still a pervert but Killerbee isn't...That page had me going for a second since I wasn't expecting it...And as if Gai didn't already seem randomly out of place, I liked the little minute part where while everyone else was surprised at the appearance of a gorilla, Gai is puking his guts out on the ground...

Anyway, I think with the Naruto vs. Evil Naruto part, I think it would be too one-dimensional if we were to say it's simply a psychological battle against his own hatred...Yes, there are a lot of dark and negative thoughts that run through Naruto's mind, especially since he was once the despised Jinchurikki of the Kyuubi...Wait, Naruto has the Kyuubi inside of him? Of course...Just as much as hatred was directed at Naruto for being a Jinchurikki, the Kyuubi inside of him also feeds on hatred as well...The cliche statement "One in the same" most definitely applies here; Just as the waterfall of truth is described as the first step, Naruto can't get around to taming the vile Kyuubi without battling his own personal hatred...Two-dimensions in one step...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 22:21   Link #54
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

anyone find this familiar

Spoiler for bleach hollow training:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 22:25   Link #55
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
anyone find this familiar

Spoiler for bleach hollow training:
The majority of shounen titles follow the same general template, so it's really not much of a familiarity as it is a cookie-cutter pattern; The difference is in the presentation and execution from a story-telling standpoint...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 22:49   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

I guess step 1 is "Get over yourself."
Old 2010-04-22, 00:12   Link #57
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Finaly we will see dark/evil/sadistic Naruto who don't give a shit about others.
It's been a damn time to, I alvays tought Naruto was weird with the way he is acting happy all the time.
Also this new Naruto could be what Karin felt some time ago. This new is acting just like Sasuke, meaning he is being an as*hole.

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2010-04-22 at 00:51.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 00:50   Link #58
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Kisame is pretty lucky Naruto and Gai have awful memory.

At least it wasn't Sasuke confronting Naruto at the waterfall.

inb4 Images of Bee tentacle raping female Naruto(s).

Last edited by Shiryuu; 2010-04-22 at 01:07.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 01:48   Link #59
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Just read the chapter, and to tell you the truth, I am most interested in finding out why the hell Gai came with them.

I hope hes actually going to give naruto some gate training, and is not just there for a sideshow fight with Kisame.

I find Kisame's fights to be the most boring in the entire manga.

Makes a giant ocean
Turns into a cheesy looking sharkman
Swims around charging the enemy
lame

It should be fun seeing evil naruto fight. $100 says evil naruto fights intelligently like kakashi/sasuke, and not the clumsy happy go lucky style of regular naruto. Can't wait to see it
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 02:06   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

What so weird about Gai being there? He is a jounin.. He is probably sent to give a helping hand to Yamato. Konoha dont have enough jounin character that we familiar with left.. Not to mentioned his tie to Kisame storywise (they still have scores to settle)

Yamato would get his hands tied if Naruto went berserk again, so having another jounin are a good idea from Konoha's perspective. It would make more sense then say, having Kiba or Neji around.. They are useless (power level wise)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter thread